• 78 results
DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DBVSE7

When we think of NBAs greatest, it's usually those who have won championships (which we all know is a team effort).. but I feel as though the NBA greats without a ring don't get the credit they deserve.

So with that being said.. who is in your Top 10 ringless, NBA players list?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people don't understand that basketball is a team sport so they consider rings to highly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no order.

- Karl Malone

- John Stockton

- Charles Barkley

- Allen Iverson

- Patrick Ewing

- Elgin Baylor

- Dominique Wilkins

- Reggie Miller

- George Gervin

- Pete Maravich

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris paul

Black Griffin

Deandra Jordan

LaMarcus Aldridge

Anthony Davis

Kevin Durant

Russell Westbrook

Derrick Rose

James Harden

Marc Gasol

They all need to step up and get a ring like the great Kendrick Perkins...

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not saying rings mean everything, but you can't and won't be the greatest without one. Hell, not even close.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: So if Michael Jordan never had a ring but still had his team, he wouldn't be the GOAT?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Grant Hill

- Chris Webber

- Tracy Macgrady :(

- Carmelo Anthony (lol)

- Chris Mullin (run-tmc ya bish)

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: Jordan wouldn't be viewed anything like he is now without the rings. Winning at least one ring sort of goes hand in hand with being a top 15 player of all time imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Chris paul

Black Griffin

Deandra Jordan

LaMarcus Aldridge

Anthony Davis

Kevin Durant

Russell Westbrook

Derrick Rose

James Harden

Marc Gasol

A few of those guys are not even close to all time NBA greats........

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: Of course he wouldn't be. You're taking out the biggest thing that makes him the G.O.A.T. player.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Chris paul

Black Griffin

Deandra Jordan

LaMarcus Aldridge

Anthony Davis

Kevin Durant

Russell Westbrook

Derrick Rose

James Harden

Marc Gasol

OK Skip Bayless name one that isn't and don't you dare say KD isn't...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:
@thebourneposter said:
@albusan said:

Chris paul

Black Griffin

Deandra Jordan

LaMarcus Aldridge

Anthony Davis

Kevin Durant

Russell Westbrook

Derrick Rose

James Harden

Marc Gasol

Why would I say Kevin Durant he's an absolute beast. I'm talking about Harden, Davis (too early) and maybe even Rose, who will probably always be a what if.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spambot

@albusan: Hardly any of those guys you listed are really all time greats yet and by atg I basically mean top 60 of all time or thereabouts. The only guys on that list who you could say are already an atg are CP3 and Durant. Griffin, Westbrook, Harden and Davis have decent shots of becoming atg's. Gasol, Rose, Aldridge and Jordan have virtually no chance.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:
@thebourneposter said:
@albusan said:

Chris paul

Black Griffin

Deandra Jordan

LaMarcus Aldridge

Anthony Davis

Kevin Durant

Russell Westbrook

Derrick Rose

James Harden

Marc Gasol

Why would I say Kevin Durant he's an absolute beast. I'm talking about Harden, Davis (too early) and maybe even Rose, who will probably always be a what if.

It's not to early to say Davis is an all-time great if it's destiny.... For example, Shaq was named the 34th best player of all time in 1997 in only his 4th year! People booed the crap out of that as disrespectful but the NBA got it right and the some! It's just too obvious that Davis is an all-time great to ignore it..... Oh and I'll just ignore the disrespect of a former MVP and the man that should have been MVP last year...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: It's not at all disrespectful to say that someone who plays in a sport as old and competitive as basketball is not an all time great. Being an all time great really means something. Derrick Rose is great but he's always going to be a what if....and he debatably didn't even deserve the MVP in 2011 seeing as Lebron had better stats in every category but free throw percentage and assists.

It's a sad day for basketball when a guy like James Harden is an all time great. You can't be an all time great if you don't play defense, repeatedly violate the rules in an egregious manner (I am referring to flopping) and care more about getting to the line than making a basketball play.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spambot

My own top 10 ringless list would prob go:

1. Malone

2. Barkley

3. Baylor

4. Durant

5. Stockton

6. Ewing

7. CP3

8. Gervin

9. Iverson

10. Price(bit of a homer pick as a Cavs fan but he was a great player)

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@albusan: Hardly any of those guys you listed are really all time greats yet and by atg I basically mean top 60 of all time or thereabouts. The only guys on that list who you could say are already an atg are CP3 and Durant. Griffin, Westbrook, Harden and Davis have decent shots of becoming atg's. Gasol, Rose, Aldridge and Jordan have virtually no chance.

Every man I named would do just as good but probably better, in any era of the NBA, especially the big men. If gasol, Aldridge, and Deandra were playing in the 90's they would have dominated, thanks to the rules back then....

@albusan: It's not at all disrespectful to say that someone who plays in a sport as old and competitive as basketball is not an all time great. Being an all time great really means something. Derrick Rose is great but he's always going to be a what if....and he debatably didn't even deserve the MVP in 2011 seeing as Lebron had better stats in every category but free throw percentage and assists.

It's a sad day for basketball when a guy like James Harden is an all time great. You can't be an all time great if you don't play defense, repeatedly violate the rules in an egregious manner (I am referring to flopping) and care more about getting to the line than making a basketball play.

Who cares about how old the game is, you only talents like an Anthony Davis once in a generation....

He won it fair and square, but I can't confirm or deny that everyone who voted that year was high on Mtn Dew, at the time, when they didn't vote for Lebron but I'm just going to guess that they thought Derrick Rose played like a MVP that year....

James Harden is getting hate from you for no reason, there's all-time greats that didn't play great defense either, offence pays the bills.... flopping is important for the NBA.... Europeans love it.... Harden loves to go to the line because it's almost guaranteed he'll make his free-throws, most NBA players wouldn't be that confident...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@thebourneposter said:

Who cares about how old the game is, you only talents like an Anthony Davis once in a generation....

He won it fair and square, but I can't confirm or deny that everyone who voted that year was high on Mtn Dew, at the time, when they didn't vote for Lebron but I'm just going to guess that they thought Derrick Rose played like a MVP that year....

Whether he deserved it or not he had a phenomenal season, but I don't consider him an all time great.

James Harden is getting hate from you for no reason, there's all-time greats that didn't play great defense either, offence pays the bills.... flopping is important for the NBA.... Europeans love it.... Harden loves to go to the line because it's almost guaranteed he'll make his free-throws, most NBA players wouldn't be that confident...

It's not only that Harden sucks at defense which he does, it's that he takes defense off quite often, a pathetic trait. All players flop, no doubt, but not all have incorporated it thoroughly into their gameplans, or do it as blatantly and pathetically as Harden.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: Saying someone would do fine in any era doesn't mean they are an all time great player. Its what they do in their careers. I mean sure they would be fine players though honestly Gasol and Jordan and would not be anything special in the 90's which was the golden age of nba big men. Back then you had Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson and Ewing along with a few others who were all much better all around players.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Static Shock

In no particular order. Unfortunately, I don't have a top ten. I can never have just ten, you know?

John Stockton

Charles Barkley

Elgin Baylor

Tracy McGrady (All-time favorite)

Kevin Durant

Allen Iverson

Karl Malone

Chris Paul

Vince Carter

Pete Maravich

Patrick Ewing

Grant Hill

Chris Webber

Chris Mullin

Reggie Miller

George Gervin

Dominique Wilkins

Steve Nash

Underrated players (but not quite considered all-time greats)

Penny Hardaway

Dan Majerle

Tim Hardaway

Nick Van Exel

Eddie Jones

Yao Ming

Shawn Kemp

Vlade Divac

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad someone shares my enthusiasm about that guy. I honestly don't think he's that good (in comparison to other notable ballers in the league), in spite of the numbers he puts up. He travels a lot, too (Euro Step?).

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why Harden is not an all-time great. If guys like Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Reggie Miller is, then why not James Harden?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dboyrules2011 said:

I don't see why Harden is not an all-time great.

Harden is a choker who can't cover a sleeping baby with a blanket; that's why.

:)

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Chokers can be all-time greats too, Karl Malone is the perfect example. :P

And who cares about defense? Harden is a great scorer who can ger his points in the inside or out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Dwight Howard is one of the greatest centers of all time.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
@dboyrules2011 said:

I don't see why Harden is not an all-time great. If guys like Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Reggie Miller is, then why not James Harden?

Harden is simply overrated, and doesn't compare. On an unrelated note, he wasn't even relevant until he joined the Rockets, but that's just me.

Miller is a Hall of Famer and had a consistently-higher scoring percentage (and is also Indiana's all-time leading scorer). Iverson was scoring champion four times, was an MVP and a leader in steals three times.

Carter may not boast the same achievements, but I'd put my money on him, regardless. Anyway, there are only two players from this generation that I consider all-time greats. Harden ain't one of them.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I made my list, it didn't really have anything to do with having a ring or how many rings, it had more to do with individual contribution and team contribution; Bill Russell is number 2 all time, because he's the best player of all time in a ratio of both individual and team contribution; Wilt Chamberlain is number 1 all time, mostly due to individual contribution; and Kareem is number 3 all time, because he's number 2 all time, in terms of individual contribution, and fairly high, in terms of team contribution; Stockton and Malone are probably number 2 all time, in terms of team contribution, behind Russell; they just lacked a huge amount of individual talents; I'm not sure either would have their numbers without one another. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are clearly talented in terms of individual effort, but far behind Russell, Stockton, and Malone, in terms of team contribution. Stockton and Malone are my number 1 and 2 of players without rings, but, again, rings were not a big factor for me; if you're so good individually, a ring will follow, as in the case of Wilt, but, unfortunately, it looks like you may have to be that freakishly good.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Stockton was probably the best point guard of the 90s, and probably the number #2 all-time point guard behind Magic Johnson. Just my opinion.

Some would disagree with me, however. I've had people tell me that Jerry West and Oscar Robertson were better than Stockton because they scored more points.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Straight-Fire

@static_shock:

1. Of course he wasn't as relevant, being a sixth man and playing back door to Durant and Westbrook caused that. How relevant do you expect someone who's coming off the bench to be?

2. That's cool and all, but none of that puts them above Harden. For starters, neither are great or even good on defense but James is a better scorer than both Reggie and A.I. they probably had a better career overall, though I would take a current James Harden over both. And I do believe he will go down as a better player than them.

3. Nah, Carter ain't better than Harden.

4. Who are those two players you consider great from this generation?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock
@dboyrules2011 said:

@static_shock:

1. Of course he wasn't as relevant, being a sixth man and playing back door to Durant and Westbrook caused that. How relevant do you expect someone who's coming off the bench to be?

2. That's cool and all, but none of that puts them above Harden. For starters, neither are great or even good on defense but James is a better scorer than both Reggie and A.I. they probably had a better career overall, though I would take a current James Harden over both. And I do believe he will go down as a better player than them.

3. Nah, Carter ain't better than Harden.

4. Who are those two players you consider great from this generation?

1) Just stating the obvious.

2) Harden right now, isn't a better scorer than Iverson in his prime. Just look at the numbers. Being a scoring champ four times is a big deal, and he was averaging over 30 points a game three of those seasons. Leading the league in steals three times is a big deal, too. Harden hasn't done either of it, and if it's about defense, Harden sucks at that, too. Miller was a more accurate field goal shooter than Harden is, currently. Harden might end up being better than Miller (maybe), but not Iverson.

3) I respectfully disagree.

EDIT: Just to avoid any confusion. Currently, Harden is better than Carter (who is still in the league as we speak). But, Carter (in his prime) is better than Harden, in my opinion.

4) Kevin Durant and Chris Paul.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dshipp17

@static_shock said:

John Stockton was probably the best point guard of the 90s, and probably the number #2 all-time point guard behind Magic Johnson. Just my opinion.

Some would disagree with me, however. I've had people tell me that Jerry West and Oscar Robertson were better than Stockton because they scored more points.

Yeah, with Stockton, I think of him as more of a package deal with Malone.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order. Unfortunately, I don't have a top ten. I can never have just ten, you know?

John Stockton

Charles Barkley

Elgin Baylor

Tracy McGrady (All-time favorite)

Kevin Durant

Allen Iverson

Karl Malone

Chris Paul

Vince Carter

Pete Maravich

Patrick Ewing

Grant Hill

Chris Webber

Chris Mullin

Reggie Miller

George Gervin

Dominique Wilkins

Steve Nash

Underrated players (but not quite considered all-time greats)

Penny Hardaway

Dan Majerle

Tim Hardaway

Nick Van Exel

Eddie Jones

Yao Ming

Shawn Kemp

Vlade Divac

spot on, i would say Charles Barkley is the greatest to never win a ring

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harden simply pales in comparison to other all time greats from our generation. Which is why he is not considered one and should not be considered one. He's not even a top 5 player in the NBA today, debatably not even top 10 (though I'd say he is)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harden simply pales in comparison to other all time greats from our generation. Which is why he is not considered one and should not be considered one. He's not even a top 5 player in the NBA today, debatably not even top 10.

Agreed.

Avatar image for xsupremeskillzx
XSUPREMESKILLZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Peak! Harden is better than peak! Carter/Miller, yeah. Not Iverson, though. And nah, Harden's not an all time great. Give him more years of playing like he is and for him to actually accomplish something.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spambot

@dboyrules2011: Harden isn't an all time great because he's only been playing at even an all star level for about 2-3 years tops. You have to have sustained greatness to some degree before a player is given the label of being an atg. If Harden has about 5-6 more seasons of avging 25/5/5 then he prob becomes like a top 60 player of all time. If he does that and also wins a ring then prob top 30-40. He has to keep it up for at least a few more seasons first to get himself into the conservation though. He also has had some horrible postseasons which is part of the equation to being an atg. Reggie Miller had some great games in the playoffs and led a team to the finals and was also on another team that took Jordan's Bulls to 7 games in the ecf. One of only two elimination games those Bulls faced during their title runs.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Barely top 10 I would say. Up there but a clear tier below the greatest at his position.

XSUPREMESKILLZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By XSUPREMESKILLZX

@spambot: What shooting guard today is a TIER above Harden?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xsupremeskillzx: I don't think any playing today is. I made the above comment in regard to prime Howard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: You mean greatest of all time at his position not playing today correct?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: ya, I mean he is a clear tier below guys like Kareem, Wilt, Shaq and Hakeem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: No doubt. Still an all time great center in my opinion.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: I think I would say he is 10-12 at his position which is the deepest of all the positions.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone mentioned Reggie Miller?

XSUPREMESKILLZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, the greatest player in the history of the NBA to never win a championship is either Charles Barkley or Elgin Baylor, no question.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xsupremeskillzx: I think you could make the case for Malone also. Just as good of stats as Barkley but better defensively. Better longevity than both by far. Baylor had a fairly short career in comparison.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@albusan: Saying someone would do fine in any era doesn't mean they are an all time great player. Its what they do in their careers. I mean sure they would be fine players though honestly Gasol and Jordan and would not be anything special in the 90's which was the golden age of nba big men. Back then you had Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson and Ewing along with a few others who were all much better all around players.

Well I go by my eye test, accomplishments and I value the NBA landscape. The rules today make it harder for the big man compared to the legends of the 90s and 80s. Centers today like Gasol, I feel would be better in different eras and I consider those two, along with Demarcus Cousins, the best we have playing for this era. Being an ATG to me means being the best of your era....

Isiah Thomas!