Most Disappointing Movie

• 139 results
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

What is the most disappointing flick you've ever seen? Not just bad, but you really wanted to see it and it just suuucked?

For me, it's gotta be Repo, the Genetic Opera. My brother and I waited and waited for it, so excited and thinking it was gonna be absolutely awesome, and then we got it and... aw man... it just violentlysucked and we still make fun of it to this day.

No Caption Provided

"Whyyy, oh why, are my genetics, such abeeyotch?!" -- actual quote from the movie

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Darling_Luna

@joygirl: only good Dark musical is Sweeney todd

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly? Amazing Spider-Man

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Iron man 3. I had such high hopes and Shane black shyted all over it

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

X -Men: The Last Stand is one of them.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

That movie rocked!

My answer: Star Wars Episode 1

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@darling_luna said:

That movie rocked!

I would say that... but I was nine years old when it first came out. Right in the target demographic and too dumb to know any better.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: I was only 8, but I have always been a movie buff, even before that age.

And I came away disappointed. The only thing I remember liking was the Darth Maul/Obi-Wan Quin-Gon saber fight. I hated everything else.

And Empire Strikes Back was like my favorite movie (might still be). I'd probably watch it once a week at that age, at least.

And its not like you can't use hindsight to judge it either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@xwraith: I was only 8, but I have always been a movie buff, even before that age.

And I came away disappointed. The only thing I remember liking was the Darth Maul/Obi-Wan Quin-Gon saber fight. I hated everything else.

And Empire Strikes Back was like my favorite movie (might still be). I'd probably watch it once a week at that age, at least.

I do. I think AotC is worse, though.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: They're both pretty bad. But I preffered teenage Anakin to kid Anakin. Lesser of two evils.

Seeing Yoda be a boss was also the highlight of the film for me.

And I enjoyed the whole Storm-troopers are clones thing too.

I will say its not all bad though. I think Revenge of the Sith is better than Return of the Jedi, but I know its not a popular opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Probably The Golden Compass. I don't really expect much from movies, usually, so it's hard to get too disappointed.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dark Knight Rises.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By SavageDragon

Probably Godfather Part 3.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nerdork

I never have many expectations for movies. That way I'm not really that disappointed ever. But, for some reason, I really had high hopes for Pathfinder, with Karl Urban. The trailers made it look amazing, it had internet buzz saying it was nearly going to be NC-17, due to, and I quote, "Excessive amounts of gore, violence and genocide". The first 30 minutes begins to deliver what promised to be an epic slaughter fest, themed after one of my favorite RPGs. Then an uber facepalm of unwatchable stupidity flooded the script, as if the producers intentionally meant to pull the rug out from beneath me. Yes, I felt personally attacked. Urban kills a few of the invading Vikings, but once caught, he takes them on a "perilous" journey, where the villains, one by one, die from the grueling journey. Karl Urban wasn't sp much a warrior, but rather a really dangerous tour guide. Eh...that's all I can say before the pain returns.

Someone agree with me, so I feel vindicated and not insane.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@nerdork: I actually had the same experience with Pathfinder. I expected something even better than 300. I was so wrong. Otherwise I was disappointed withHangover 2 and 3. I didn't expect much from them but was still disappointed.

I happen to like Amazing Spider-Man and the new Star Wars trilogy though. Although Phantom Menace grates on me at times haha.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

I never have many expectations for movies. That way I'm not really that disappointed ever. But, for some reason, I really had high hopes for Pathfinder, with Karl Urban. The trailers made it look amazing, it had internet buzz saying it was nearly going to be NC-17, due to, and I quote, "Excessive amounts of gore, violence and genocide". The first 30 minutes begins to deliver what promised to be an epic slaughter fest, themed after one of my favorite RPGs. Then an uber facepalm of unwatchable stupidity flooded the script, as if the producers intentionally meant to pull the rug out from beneath me. Yes, I felt personally attacked. Urban kills a few of the invading Vikings, but once caught, he takes them on a "perilous" journey, where the villains, one by one, die from the grueling journey. Karl Urban wasn't sp much a warrior, but rather a really dangerous tour guide. Eh...that's all I can say before the pain returns.

Someone agree with me, so I feel vindicated and not insane.

I agree with you. Be vindicated!

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The watchmen. Its one of the few movies at the end I told my wife I almost got up and walked out on it. Her response was "YOU TOO!"

Avatar image for marionettegeist
Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna said:

That movie rocked!

Yes, yes it did.

The movie so disappointing that for the longest time you try to convince yourself that it wasn't really that bad, until you give up. It's as if a violent crime was committed on you by a friend, but you don't want to admit it.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine said:

The watchmen. Its one of the few movies at the end I told my wife I almost got up and walked out on it. Her response was "YOU TOO!"

+1

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nerdork

@granitesoldier: @joygirl: Thank you...both of you. I think my soul can rest at peace...if I wasn't already condemned from watching that terrible atrocity to cinematic adventures.

Eh...at least I never saw Bloodraine!!!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By SaintWildcard

I like everything I see and wanna see. I guess the movie that was the biggest bummer was Avatar. 2 billion dollars and all I got was Pocahontas with cgi aliens. GOD DAMN DID I HATE THAT MOVIE!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@xwraith: They're both pretty bad. But I preffered teenage Anakin to kid Anakin. Lesser of two evils.

I will say its not all bad though. I think Revenge of the Sith is better than Return of the Jedi, but I know its not a popular opinion.

I agree 1000%

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like everything I see and wanna see. I guess the movie that was the biggest bummer was Avatar. 2 billion dollars and all I got was Pocahontas with cgi aliens. GOD DAMN DIO I HATE THAT MOVIE!

Dances with Wolves** :P

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@fallschirmjager said:

I agree 1000%

I've actually seen several people say that, but I can't agree for obvious reasons.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spiderman

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_rog_el said:

I like everything I see and wanna see. I guess the movie that was the biggest bummer was Avatar. 2 billion dollars and all I got was Pocahontas with cgi aliens. GOD DAMN DIO I HATE THAT MOVIE!

Dances with Wolves** :P

The Last of the Mohicans

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

@fallschirmjager said:

Bah, Return of the Jedi is great. Gangland style murder of Jabba and his minions, hover bike fight, Jedi Luke doing Jedi things, better Death Star dogfight, Luke vs Vader rematch. People always seem to hate on it because the Ewoks, but they are really only camera for about 20 to 25 mins total, and the movie is two hours. Its an excellent and satisfying ending to the trilogy.

I think people like Revenge of the Sith so much because of all the glow stick fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

• X-Men The Last Stand
  • Wolverine Origins
  • Iron Man 3
  • Star Wars Episode 1
  • Punisher War Zone
  • Punisher
  • Green Lantern

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Bah, Return of the Jedi is great. Gangland style murder of Jabba and his minions, hover bike fight, Jedi Luke doing Jedi things, better Death Star dogfight, Luke vs Vader rematch. People always seem to hate on it because the Ewoks, but they are really only camera for about 20 to 25 mins total, and the movie is two hours. Its an excellent and satisfying ending to the trilogy.

I think people like Revenge of the Sith so much because of all the glow stick fights.

Truth.

But the glow stick fights were awesome.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

I think the best part of the movie is Order 66. I can't watch that scene without tearing up.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough question because I usually expect movies to let me down on some level. Most of them live down to my expectations. However I would have to say Star Wars Episode One was the most disappointing movie experience of my life; its rare that a single movie can destroy all of a fans love for a franchise but Lucas almost succeeded.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to find you and shake your hand.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DragonBall the Movie

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

Green Lantern is the only one that comes to mind.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

I think the best part of the movie is Order 66. I can't watch that scene without tearing up.

Meh, we could get into this deep, long conversation about the prequels but I will just say this. Order 66 is silly because it just feels forced, there was never any build up to it or anything, it just felt like the films writers needed a way to show the Jedi get killed off quickly. I mean, first of all, the comics called it "Operation Knighfall", which was infinitely a better name, and Anakin was supposed this beastly betrayer of the Jedi and all he did was kill some kids, and whine about stuff.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Iron Man 3

Pacific Rim

Star Wars Episode 1 and 2

Dark Knight Rises

Green Lantern

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Superman 1-4

Superman Returns

Dragon Wars

A Good Day to Die Hard

Godzilla (90's American)

King Kong (Peter Jackson)

The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Spider-Man 3 (Was even worse than I was expecting)

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake)

Friday the 13th (Remake)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Can I even be disappointed by Episode 1...I mean it was my first movie and all.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Meh, we could get into this deep, long conversation about the prequels but I will just say this. Order 66 is silly because it just feels forced, there was never any build up to it or anything, it just felt like the films writers needed a way to show the Jedi get killed off quickly. I mean, first of all, the comics called it "Operation Knighfall", which was infinitely a better name, and Anakin was supposed this beastly betrayer of the Jedi and all he did was kill some kids, and whine about stuff.

Now I never debate quality (different people different opinions) but if Killing young children isn't enough to be considered beastly then I don't even want to know what you consider beastly.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Green Lantern is by far the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. I mean, I was in to it, but the way that they tried to force so much stuff into the movie, I think it could have been a lot better than what it was (plus the visuals could have been better as well)

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I never debate quality (different people different opinions) but if Killing young children isn't enough to be considered beastly then I don't even want to know what you consider beastly.

I mean in the overall execution of the event and its retrospect. In the original trilogy Vader sounded like more of a badass Nazi like general that hunted down and killed Jedi after he and the emperor masterminded a betrayal. The reality of it was that he just pathetically murdered some kids, not a lot of skill or subterfuge involved there. You see, the writers couldn't come up with anything better, so the just went for what they thought was the most vile thing anyone could do, which is kill children.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Iron Man 3 is the most disappointing movie in recent memory.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man 3 is the most disappointing movie in recent memory.

Quoted for truth. But there is other one that come to mind for me like the Wrath of Khan reboot also known as Star Trek Into Darkness.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By silent_bomber

@xwraith said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I think AotC is worse, though.

Yup, me too.

I think AotC honestly has one of the worst romances in cinema history, no exaggeration.

There's no chemistry here at all.

They have conversation's about how they feel about sand (how romantic)

Anakin talks passionately about his thoughts on the benefits of a fascist dictatorship (how romantic)

Every romance cliche is played out in quick succession.

The whole thing is just so robotic, cold, and contrived, and whats more, its boring.