Mortal Kombat 11 teaser! Updated: Now with Gameplay, Reveals and Fatalities!

• 67 results
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Zetsu-San

Eww, dat music tho...

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YESSS!

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mylittlefascist: I agree, they need to stop with the crappy rap it just doesn't flow right with MK.

Also, is tag mode back you think? Random Scorpion comes out of no where lol, I mean I know Raiden and Scorpion are immortal technically just didn't expect that ending and I updated the video with full video. That chick at the end, thinking maybe an Elder God or something?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: The first one seems to be a regular Shirai Ryu.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh nice.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks sick, I was super socked seeing them kill Scorpion off like that. I knew there was a kicker too it and seeing him come back. Then again I also can't believe they did what they did to Raiden either. Though he can come back from that, right? xD

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

I think he was using clones. A normal Shirai Ryu shouldn't be able to fight on par with Raiden.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Well yeah, but Mortal Kombat is known to be inconsistent. Plus, it's just a trailer. Not canon.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

I think he was using clones. A normal Shirai Ryu shouldn't be able to fight on par with Raiden.

The hourglass at the end is a clear indication its 2 different scorpions possibly some time travel shenanigans.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: It seems like this is ALL about the Timestream getting messed up.

And FINALLY Raiden kicking some A$$!!

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I don't think we should assume it's non-cannon just because it's a trailer.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arctika

@lan_fan I think it was Scorpion because he was using hellfire abilities, had white eyes etc but thinking A. Scorpion like Raiden is immortal, can't really die and came back at the end there or B. There's something going on with time travel or C. possible they're introducing MK multiverse perhaps that Scorpion was from another Earth? Who knows. Time will tell, or it could just a trailer not canon at all like the MK X one where Scorpion fought Sub-Zero and Sub died, but in the canon they made peace and work together now for Earthrealm. I would also say not so much inconsistent but rather convoluted and confusing, similar to DC and Marvel comics if you're not intimately familiar but pretty much there currently were two different timelines in MKU the old one, and the newer one that Raiden created to prevent Armageddon in the original timeline. So he used his Godly powers to alter time in the past to his past self, knowing about the original future. I know it's like confusing if you're not familiar lol.

@daisy_johnson said:

It looks sick, I was super socked seeing them kill Scorpion off like that. I knew there was a kicker too it and seeing him come back. Then again I also can't believe they did what they did to Raiden either. Though he can come back from that, right? xD

Yeah, both Raiden and Scorpion have come back from apparent "death" quite a few times lol. Both are immortal, can't really die for good at this point. I remember Deception, Raiden literally blew himself up along with killing Quan-Chi and Shang Tsung and literally a few blocks worth of radius since that temple was gigantic. He tends to jobber though a lot in the story which is annoying.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daisy_Johnson

@arctika said:

@lan_fan I think it was Scorpion because he was using hellfire abilities, had white eyes etc but thinking A. Scorpion like Raiden is immortal, can't really die and came back at the end there or B. There's something going on with time travel or C. possible they're introducing MK multiverse perhaps that Scorpion was from another Earth? Who knows. Time will tell, or it could just a trailer not canon at all like the MK X one where Scorpion fought Sub-Zero and Sub died, but in the canon they made peace and work together now for Earthrealm. I would also say not so much inconsistent but rather convoluted and confusing, similar to DC and Marvel comics if you're not intimately familiar but pretty much there currently were two different timelines in MKU the old one, and the newer one that Raiden created to prevent Armageddon in the original timeline. So he used his Godly powers to alter time in the past to his past self, knowing about the original future. I know it's like confusing if you're not familiar lol.

@daisy_johnson said:

Yeah, both Raiden and Scorpion have come back from apparent "death" quite a few times lol. Both are immortal, can't really die for good at this point. I remember Deception, Raiden literally blew himself up along with killing Quan-Chi and Shang Tsung and literally a few blocks worth of radius since that temple was gigantic. He tends to jobber though a lot in the story which is annoying.

That makes a lot of sense. Also probably an unpopular opinion, but Mortal Kombat Deception is my favorite game in the series :) So many good times with that game! That's the one with Ruby right?

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Design looks a bit poor.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By arctika

@daisy_johnson: Ruby was actually in the cartoon Defenders of the Realm series, were you thinking of Ashra, Kira, Jade, Mileena, Li Mei, Sindel and Tanya. Were you thinking of one of them? Deception wasn't my fav but has a place in my heart and memory as it was the first legit MK game to go online via consoles, so lots of memories with that. I loved Ermac and Dairou in that game, but also used Noob/Smoke, Raiden and Scorpion. I think everyone has a different favorite MK game I've noticed.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@daisy_johnson: Ruby was actually in the cartoon Defenders of the Realm series, were you thinking of Ashra, Kira, Jade, Mileena, Li Mei, Sindel and Tanya. Were you thinking of one of them? Deception wasn't my fav but has a place in my heart and memory as it was the first legit MK game to go online via consoles, so lots of memories with that. I loved Ermac and Dairou in that game, but also used Noob/Smoke, Raiden and Scorpion. I think everyone has a different favorite MK game I've noticed.

Kira was who I was thinking of. She's my favorite and I got pretty decent with her. Is she still in the series or no? I haven't had the time to play the last few entries even though I wanted to. I did play a bit of 9 (MK) when it came out though.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daisy_johnson: In the current timeline they haven't said much about her, I know Kobra is dead he got killed by Erron Black. Trying to remember if she appeared in the MK X comics, if she did it was briefly. Yeah, MK 9 is a great game.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope the story mode is better this time!

awshucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eww, dat music tho...

I knew it would be rap the moment I read this and I totally agree.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Loading Video...

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's really awesome. I need more!

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Freaking called it that they were going to announce a Mortal Kombat game this year. That's been NetherRealm Studio's quota ever since 2011. A new Mortal Kombat/Injustice game every two years.

Also, I honestly think the reason Scorpion was just bought back from the dead in the trailer was just to show off the new customization feature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing trailer. Crappy music. Why don't they put Eminem or someone else that's actually good at Hip-Hop, If Ed Boon likes it so much?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By onilordasmodeus

##Has anyone pondered the possibility that Scorpion may become the Elder God's Champion in this one? There may be some time travel stuff going on, where the EGs, or an EG, gets Scorpion to hunt Raiden through time or something.

@arctika said:

@daisy_johnson said:

There is, and has been, jobbing in MK since the beginning. It has always bothered me. The one thing I hope they do in MK11 is EXPLAIN more to the fans. I LOVE digging into the lore and putting stuff together, but they really need to be explicit, dumb it WAAAAAAY down, and just spell some things out.

That being said, the trailer is definitely non-canon. Just a showcase of concepts that the game will (most likely) have. Raiden could definitely put Scorpion down for good (seeing as he is experienced in necromancy himself), but not the other way around...unless the EGs have intervened some how.

Shao Khan being playable...bring a tear to my eye. He IS the villain of MK, so yeah, day one main.

This coming to the Switch ensures that I'm getting 2 copies of the game. I may actually get good at this one!

*Deep breath* I F****** HYPE! FOR THIS!

LETS GO!!!!

Have you guys seen these? #3 is RIDICULOUS!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OniLordAsmodeus: I hear ya man, those images I saw a few on dynasty's channel but not all of them they look amazing, so realistic looking. I'm thinking at the end that was an Elder God for sure messing with or observing time travel or time something. Looked sweet. Super hype for the switch version too, same lol nintendo and xbox for me.

Why give us a CGI trailer in 2018?

It's not like every game gives us a CGI trailer now...wait lol looks realistic af. Gameplay will come. But these kinds of trailers are sick, even though they always make Scorpion win some how lol. He's Ed Boon's favorite.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightyagami1000: implying Marshall is still a good rapper... If you don't prefer rap just say it like those other posters bra

I love Hip-Hop but, 21 savage embarrassed the hell out of it. I love the beat, the lyrics, but I can´t stand 21.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: no glimpse of gameplay is just lame, CGI trailers is cool and all but gameplay is what matters at the end of the day. And yes Ed Boon got us with that ending lool.

This was an announcement trailer. MK has done this SOO many times before, as do other studios. Good thing though, we don't have to wait long for game play. Next month we get a first look, then 2 months later a beta, the game releases the next month!

Man, today was full of April surprises. MK11, Avengers 4. What else can happen today?!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dope. Was a really great trailer...you know...apart from the awful music (Really? 21 Savage? If you don't get this trash...).

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordamn: debatable. Neither are great, there are much better choices for the trailer.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pre-ordering right now!!!! :D

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get MK and using such music to its trailers...I'm not seeing how it fits at all with the tone/setting, nice trailer tho.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: no glimpse of gameplay is just lame, CGI trailers is cool and all but gameplay is what matters at the end of the day. And yes Ed Boon got us with that ending lool.

There is never gameplay on most games as a worldwide reveal trailer...very rarely, besides if you watched the whole vid, we're getting gameplay presentation on Jan 17th that's literally a month away lol. At least it don't get delayed like some games do. Know what I mean? I hate it when games get delayed, NRS has been pretty damn solid with their every 2 year schedule. Yeah, Ed is the best troll he always fools everyone.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't get MK and using such music to its trailers...I'm not seeing how it fits at all with the tone/setting, nice trailer tho.

I thought the music was unfitting too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
deactivated-5c522ab96172e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing cinematic, but it seems they're trying REALLY hard to look "cool" with all that rap stuff.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I should give 21 a try, track was cool. Cant wait for the game, hope my boy Erron Black still in it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Love the rap.