Mortal Kombat 1-(MK12) Official Trailer!!!

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This was a Great Initial Trailer for Mortal Kombat 1. It is interesting they are going back to Shang Tsung as the Main Villain or is he ? I love the Graphics Upgrades too. Some of the Player Models in Mortal Kombat 11 I thought was lessor than Mortal Kombat X.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hope they improved the key frame gameplay animations over the last four years.

Give the attacks besides Fatal Blows and X-Rays more weight.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gameplay animations wasn't so much an issue as the speed in MK 11, MK X it was balls to the wall too fast but was smooth, MK 9 was smooth. They need to go back to MK 9 something like that, oldschool but updated, more modern with fluid speed and thankfully I'm hearing from people that the variations are gone. Thank God!! Just give us a raw character, rumors have it later this month at the playstation thing they'll show off gameplay.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Yeah, some are saying Shang has his own timeline and he's going to go up against Liu Kang unless that was just confirming MK 11's Aftermath is indeed Liu Kang's canon ending and Shang being the main villain again. Either way looks awesome, supposedly they'll show gameplay at the PS event next week or whatever.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Its amazing!!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@king_saturn: Yeah, some are saying Shang has his own timeline and he's going to go up against Liu Kang unless that was just confirming MK 11's Aftermath is indeed Liu Kang's canon ending and Shang being the main villain again. Either way looks awesome, supposedly they'll show gameplay at the PS event next week or whatever.

Interesting. Can't Wait to see Actual Gameplay.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Wushu59

Another Universe reset? Fire God Liu Kang still canon. Pretty neat.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, end of MK 11 aftermath is canon now officially Liu Kang killed that Shang Tsung and reset the entire universe/timeline looks more peaceful this time but looks like Shang in this timeline will be evil again. Some interesting notes changes, Raiden is now asian and doesn't have the head piece, just the hat and not an older white dude, he has his amulet on his waist but seemingly no powers which makes sense given he gave them to Liu in MK 11 but he's a playable character so guessing he'll get some back at least some how.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The other thing that I am interested in is who will be the New Kharacters in this MK 1 Timeline ? I would actually like to see like a Water God in this Game. Not unless they are bringing back Rain. Also, what will Raiden's Powers be now that he is no longer Thunder God ?

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingLouie

When will Shang learn he can’t take Liu straight up!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:

This looks interesting. I have also heard rumors that Ermac will finally be returning.

Hes been in every game except 11. Y'all gotta stop acting like missing one game is the end of the world for your main

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame said:

@kgb725 said:

@edamame said:

This looks interesting. I have also heard rumors that Ermac will finally be returning.

Hes been in every game except 11. Y'all gotta stop acting like missing one game is the end of the world for your main

Oops! Good point.

Haha oh Ermac is nothing I'm a BIG Ermac fan and Reptile but trust me, we Ermac fans didn't go nearly as nuts as the Mileena fans did in MK 11...good lord, just google some of those tweets Boon got actual death threats if she didn't show up not even kidding lol talk about crazy.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Yeah true I'm wondering the same too about Raiden, and funny you mention a water God because there was a Water God in MK Mythologies Sub-Zero, he was one of the bosses. I wouldn't mind seeing more older Gods and newer ones again.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By marygcrisostomo

Is this a reboot?

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marygcrisostomo: Yes. It's 2nd reboot in the past 15 years of MK lore. The first one was in MK 9/2011, that was their last trilogy that lead to this end of MK 11/beginning of MK 12, well called Mortal Kombat 1. Liu Kang was made into a God by Raiden, mega insanely powerful, he's also the current time keeper so he literally created his own, new universe, new era of peace here going back to the beginning.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new lliu kang looks native American. his mk 11 design was better.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RudyGuiliani: Liu Kang only from the back looked like Nightwolf from a far honestly in the trailer skin, up close his attire is more mixed Liu Kang with Raiden but also his box art is another skin which looks similar to his MK 11 God Skin.

@marygcrisostomo no problem.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By seastone98

As hype as I am for another mk installment i really wanted to see a multi realm tournament kinda like the ToP from db super rather than ANOTHER reboot, still they *might* incorporate some of those ideas in this new game but only time will tell

Also if that's what the gameplay looks like I think mk gore has been perfected 👌

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope Mortal Kombat 1 has Konquest Mode in it. I have been waiting for that to Return for some time now. Also a More Expansive Krypt than the Last One. MK 11 Krypt was Cool but I feel like they could make the one for Mortal Kombat 1 even Bigger.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By arctika

Yeah I'm thinking the fatalities will transition to a more cinematic sequence which would be sick like similar to MK X's, I felt MK 11's whole Matrix slow mo sequence was alright but I liked MK 9 and MK X's presentation better with the fatalities. They did say there will be newer modes so who knows? I just hope they don't bring back Kombat League....worst mode ever. Yeah MK 11's krypt was like a mix between the krypt and a mini konquest mode.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By arctika

@king_saturn: Gameplay worldwide reveal on June 8th at summergamefest

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-64a0c943e7754
deactivated-64a0c943e7754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's so far... lol

RudyGiuliani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liu Kang went from a Chad in MK 11

No Caption Provided

to

a soyboy feminist male in MK12

No Caption Provided

WTF

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@king_saturn: Gameplay worldwide reveal on June 8th at summergamefest

No Caption Provided

Very Nice. Only A Couple Of Weeks Away. I will be streaming this at the Office. LOL

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By arctika

@king_saturn: lol 😂👍

@rudyguiliani: ?????????? If a Soy boy fem was a badass God? lol Sure you're not thinking of Sindel there? lol

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With it being 100 GB it will take a while to download. My thing is with it being this Big in size Mortal Kombat 1 must have a Konquest Mode that is Pretty Epic along with Regular Story and other stuff. Maybe the Krypt this time around is Massive too.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By arctika

@King_Saturn: MK 11 was pretty big so that's kind of insane, imagine if they have a story mode and konquest mode and krypt? Dude....talk about single player content, I would rather have more of these modes than those grindey towers good lord those towers were so annoying and time consuming but not in a fun way lol.

@Edamame: For a FG 100 G's is big but on the Switch element, It's not as weak as people may think though, remember Crysis, Doom Eternal, MK 11, Skyrim, Zelda games and many other big games were ported well on it. The switch is pretty powerful for the tech it's just a lot of developers haven't pushed it's limit or don't know how to. And those games listed well...Not exactly small games haha when they announced those games people were shocked, I'll admit I was shocked to hear Doom, Crysis and MK 11 etc. I'm sure they'll pull it off. I think the Switch's power is stronger than people give it credit for to be honest. Granted, it's not the most powerful console but doesn't have to be, remember Mk9 for Vita wasn't as sharp as the Xbox, PC versions but it worked well for a handheld version. Also the Switch has one big benefit it doesn't require you to DL games due to being a cartridge unless you dl it buy it digitally and there's an option on Switch that lets you archive games you haven't played for more space which is cool, but yeah I'm definitely not getting this game digitally for Switch or Xbox lol screw that haha. For Xbox or PS you have to install the game anyway regardless of how you buy it, but I'm not getting an Xbox Series til later this year due to tight money atm so I'll get it on Switch first.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: The framerate issue's aren't really a big deal as the other consoles will also get frame rate issues as well, I have Xbox too and games have given me framerate issues on there as well as lag online like the switch. The graphics in storymode in MK 11 is as good as the other consoles, they cut the resolution down in gameplay though but it's not a big deal, the Vita did the same thing with PS3 games ported on it. Gameplay is more important than graphics though ultimately, I mean look at the Zelda games, they go for that cell shade look instead of say an UR engine or something but still sell more than pretty much everyone else's games. Also as an MK player, I can confirm offline Switch plays as well as the other versions. Online it will slow down but then so will the others due to latency and lag depending on the connection, location etc.

MrLibido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Nitara

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very few games are marketed as well as MK

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By arctika

That's true ^ WB also helps a lot with their IP's DC, MK, LOTR, HP etc, etc that besides MK already being popular on top of it.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mk has almost as many reboots as James bond

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is MK's 2nd reboot in their 31 year history.