Avatar image for dean-winchester
Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dean-Winchester

Poll Michael Jordan vs LeBron James (53 votes)

Michael Jordan 81%
LeBron James 19%

after the football thread (https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/pele-vs-messi-2287196/?page=4) I got inspired by it. Comparing 2 GOATs of football undoubtedly, now let's compare the 2 GOATs of basketball undoubtedly.

firstly, when comparing the 2 individuals, Jordan and James, who is the basketball GOAT for you? Who's style of playing is better, individual achievements, etc?

secondly, if we put the best players of Lakers ever and form an team against the best players of Bulls ever, who would win in an basketball game? players all on their peak, etc?

thirdly, who had the better SPACE JAMS MOVIE??? lmfao. 😂😂😂😂

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MAZAHS117

For me Michael Jordan is the GOAT over LeBron. LeBron will out stat Jordan in almost all categories by the end of his career, but the deciding factor for me is Jordan’s level of dominance he had over the league in his prime in comparison to LeBrons, and also how Jordan not only dominated basketball but all took over pop culture around the world beyond basketball in a time without social media or even the internet for those that were around and remember. LeBron will always more often than not make the right play whether it’s him taking the shot or passing to any open guy, but if I need a dude to sink a shot that’s going to save my life it’s Jordan every single time.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jordan. Bigger symbol, bigger legacy. LeBron is an more modern athlete and would probably beat Jordan in an basketball game though. Howver you never know for sure.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Messi

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 - Jordan. Also the performance in his last game. Nothing but pure brilliance there. In short, LeBron James holds more finals and has scored more points in his career compared to Michael Jordan. However, Jordan played with fewer stars and stayed with the Bulls for most of his career. Additionally, Jordan has a perfect Finals record, never having been defeated.

2 - Lakers though in the best game ever of entire NBA & Basketball history. Lakers got Shaq, Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, LeBron itself, and probably dozens of shit tons of legendary players I'm forgetting myself. Bulls got their goatheads as well, but Lakers got more. Also I have an personal preference over Lakers because I'm from Los Angeles.

3 - SpaceJam of LeBron. But both are cool. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63c4c3be96c93
deactivated-63c4c3be96c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ sweep well #2 all time teams lakers would probably win 50/50

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn

1. I wanted to vote for Lebron James just because I figured everyone would vote for Michael Jordan but I stuck with what I believe in my heart which is Jordan is better than Lebron. Jordan's Peak is a lot better than what Lebron has at his peak. The thing is though Lebron's peak has lasted a very long time and he is still playing at an extremely high level. Lebron needs another Championship IMO though to make me rethink this discussion. The scoring totals don't matter to me because people must have forgot when Jordan retired from the Bulls in 1998 people was saying he was the GOAT then and Jordan was almost 10,000 points behind Kareem for the Scoring Record then yet no one cared because of what we saw with Jordan's dominance. This is also considering the fact that Kareem and Jordan have the same amount of Rings too. It's how it was done though. Jordan got those two Three-Peats. Lebron has 4 Rings in 10 Finals appearances which is Amazing to get to 10 Finals but too many shortcomings in the Finals when Jordan is 6-0 in the Finals. Lebron getting cold feet against the Mavs with the Heat and averaging less that 18 PPG in a Final. Lebron letting a 2-1 lead go against the Warriors when he was actually carrying them Cavs but ran out of gas in 2015. Yeah, I would take MJ or James by a Slot.

2. All Time Lakers beating All Time Bulls. I see Artis Gilmore of the Bulls getting abused by Kareem, Chamberlain and Shaq, that don't even seem fair. Then at the Forwards you have James Worthy, Elgin Baylor of the Lakers against like Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman. I can see Rodman locking up Baylor or Worthy same for Pippen. Worthy and Baylor would catch hell with Pippen too. Guards would be Jordan and D. Rose for Bulls vs Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson and Jerry West of Lakers. Jordan while being the GOAT would have a heck of a battle with a Prime Kobe. Magic's playmaking will be key here too. Lakers have the Better All Time Team but there are good matchups in certain positions.

3. I liked Jordan's Space Jam more.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ obviously. LeCrybaby will never be the GOAT

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

There is no way to honestly say but for me MJ had this magic and aura that LeBron just didn't have. Plus LeBron spends too much time saying stupid shit.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ for sure, and he's a much better actor than LeBron. First SJ was hands down lightyears better than that trash sequel lol

kxngcrooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, sport has shown a big evolution and all but... jordan never lost in the finals, lebron has plenty of times 😂😂😂😂

kxngcrooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MJ obviously. LeCrybaby will never be the GOAT

😂😂😂😂

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1) MJ. If LeBron had either Luc Longley or Bill Wennington at center there would be whining that he needs more talent. As for style, I prefer the one that wins the rings more. People can make an argument for LeBron cuz he passes more but that would mean that you as a player can do something with the ball

2) Lakers all-time destroys Bulls all-time

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im confused, do u wanna know who was the best, or who was the greatest? for one, jordan isnt the greatest. there's at least one person ahead of him that people seem to forget about, if not two. and jordan and lebron are difficult to compare. peak jordan > peak lebron, but prime lebron compared to prime jordan lasted for much longer, and was better for his crappy teams.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im confused, do u wanna know who was the best, or who was the greatest? for one, jordan isnt the greatest. there's at least one person ahead of him that people seem to forget about, if not two. and jordan and lebron are difficult to compare. peak jordan > peak lebron, but prime lebron compared to prime jordan lasted for much longer, and was better for his crappy teams.

Who are the Two People ahead of Michael Jordan ?

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cambatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, sport has shown a big evolution and all but... jordan never lost in the finals, lebron has plenty of times 😂😂😂😂

😅😅😅

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: bill Russell and possibly kareem

I don't know about Bill Russell over Michael Jordan. While Bill was a Defensive Powerhouse, Russell was a bit Lackluster on Offense. The 11 Championships was at a Time where there was No Free Agency so you basically kept the same Teams you had meaning it was Hard to beat those Celtics because that Team was Incredible. Russell was the Defense and some Offense but Heinsohn, Cousy, Sam Jones, Havlicek was such a cohesive squad they provided a lot more Offensive Help. Michael Jordan on the Other Hand was Great on Offense and Great on Defense and had to Carry some Teams that did not have half the help that Bill Russell had. Kareem as Great as he was had the best Point Guard of all time helping him win 5 of those 6 Championships in Magic Johnson with the Lakers. Then Kareem had James Worthy, Jamal Wilkes, Bob Mcadoo for a little while, Norm Nixon. I mean these guys are all star caliber players. Kareem was indeed Great but the Help he had in LA is different than what Jordan had in Chicago. Jordan had Pippen who was Great too but not nearly the Offensive Help of a Magic Johnson or James Worthy (combined) in the 1980's.

Cambatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

MJ for sure, and he's a much better actor than LeBron. First SJ was hands down lightyears better than that trash sequel lol

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@famousroman said:

I don't know about Bill Russell over Michael Jordan. While Bill was a Defensive Powerhouse, Russell was a bit Lackluster on Offense. The 11 Championships was at a Time where there was No Free Agency so you basically kept the same Teams you had meaning it was Hard to beat those Celtics because that Team was Incredible. Russell was the Defense and some Offense but Heinsohn, Cousy, Sam Jones, Havlicek was such a cohesive squad they provided a lot more Offensive Help. Michael Jordan on the Other Hand was Great on Offense and Great on Defense and had to Carry some Teams that did not have half the help that Bill Russell had. Kareem as Great as he was had the best Point Guard of all time helping him win 5 of those 6 Championships in Magic Johnson with the Lakers. Then Kareem had James Worthy, Jamal Wilkes, Bob Mcadoo for a little while, Norm Nixon. I mean these guys are all star caliber players. Kareem was indeed Great but the Help he had in LA is different than what Jordan had in Chicago. Jordan had Pippen who was Great too but not nearly the Offensive Help of a Magic Johnson or James Worthy (combined) in the 1980's.

im talking about greatness. and what was bad for other teams back then was also bad for bill. it was also hard to beat the bulls. for lebron, its hard beating the warriors, the 08 celtics, the spurs, etc etc. id pick bill > kareem/jordan > lebron in greatness

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:
@famousroman said:

im talking about greatness. and what was bad for other teams back then was also bad for bill. it was also hard to beat the bulls. for lebron, its hard beating the warriors, the 08 celtics, the spurs, etc etc. id pick bill > kareem/jordan > lebron in greatness

I am talking about Greatness too. Being Great on One Side of the Ball is Not as Great as being Great on Both Sides of the Ball. That was my Point concerning Bill Russell and Michael Jordan. Also, Russell having all that All Star Talent on his Team in a era where there was No Free Agency and not much Trade Movement was also an advantage that Jordan and the Bulls did not have. Jordan was not playing with 3 or 4 all stars when he reigned with the Bulls but Russell was and that lightened his load for having to play Offense.

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@famousroman said:
@king_saturn said:
@famousroman said:

I am talking about Greatness too. Being Great on One Side of the Ball is Not as Great as being Great on Both Sides of the Ball. That was my Point concerning Bill Russell and Michael Jordan. Also, Russell having all that All Star Talent on his Team in a era where there was No Free Agency and not much Trade Movement was also an advantage that Jordan and the Bulls did not have. Jordan was not playing with 3 or 4 all stars when he reigned with the Bulls but Russell was and that lightened his load for having to play Offense.

being good at offense and defense is not my definition of greatness. thats about how good u are at the all different aspects of the sport called basketball. im talking about the people who have won awards, accolades, titles, rings, and medals and in how much time they did it, and their help and opposition taken into consideration afterwards. and its not like jordan won only after he got two of the best players ever on his team.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn

@king_saturn said:
@famousroman said:
@king_saturn said:
@famousroman said:

being good at offense and defense is not my definition of greatness. thats about how good u are at the all different aspects of the sport called basketball. im talking about the people who have won awards, accolades, titles, rings, and medals and in how much time they did it, and their help and opposition taken into consideration afterwards. and its not like jordan won only after he got two of the best players ever on his team.

Both Jordan and Russell have a Ton of Accolades though. It has to boil down to more than just the Awards. It's the Skills. What do you see each Player doing on the Court. Jordan does More for his Team than Russell did for his. Yes, Russell has 11 Rings. In an era with 8 to 10 Teams where no Free Agency existed. Jordan won 6 Titles in an era where there was More Teams and not as many All Stars on each Team plus Jordan had to go through the 80's Celtics and 80's Pistons to even get to his Championship Runs. Russell did not have to take Licks like that because his Team was already set in Boston. He was the Pinnacle Piece that got Boston over but they already had elite talent there. Jordan won when he got Scottie Pippen but lets not act like Pippen was the second best player in the League. Scottie had to grow into his Greatness and even then everyone else on the Bulls was essentially Role Players other than Rodman who is a Hall of Famer who was great for Rebounding and Defense.

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: jordan won of all his in the 90s, possibly one of the proportionally weakest eras we have ever seen, aside from the 70s. jordan lost to the pistons and celtics, beat the lakers once iirc, and had to deal with weaker times in the later 90s. he had help too. they were one of the best defensive teams ever, and had arguably the best scorer of all time. their team was doing pretty alright by our standards. jordana didnt do it alone. none of them did. russel however kept winning and winning even early into his career (while jordan mostly didnt make the playoffs iirc, until like, 88, 89? idk. im not arguing how good they were and how good their teams were, and how their opponents were. i dont have russel in my top 50 players ever for one.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: jordan won of all his in the 90s, possibly one of the proportionally weakest eras we have ever seen, aside from the 70s. jordan lost to the pistons and celtics, beat the lakers once iirc, and had to deal with weaker times in the later 90s. he had help too. they were one of the best defensive teams ever, and had arguably the best scorer of all time. their team was doing pretty alright by our standards. jordana didnt do it alone. none of them did. russel however kept winning and winning even early into his career (while jordan mostly didnt make the playoffs iirc, until like, 88, 89? idk. im not arguing how good they were and how good their teams were, and how their opponents were. i dont have russel in my top 50 players ever for one.

I think the League seemed Weaker because of Jordan's Dominance not because it was actually Weaker. I mean most of the Players in the Hall of Fame are from the 1990's era of Basketball or at least played in the 1990's. That alone should tell you something. The Bulls was one of the Best Defensive Teams but Jordan had to carry that Team Offensively and Jordan himself was a Defensive Monster. That's not like what Russell had though because he had multiple people contributing with him that are All Stars and Hall of Fames. Jordan really only had 2 in Pippen and Rodman.

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@famousroman said:

I think the League seemed Weaker because of Jordan's Dominance not because it was actually Weaker. I mean most of the Players in the Hall of Fame are from the 1990's era of Basketball or at least played in the 1990's. That alone should tell you something. The Bulls was one of the Best Defensive Teams but Jordan had to carry that Team Offensively and Jordan himself was a Defensive Monster. That's not like what Russell had though because he had multiple people contributing with him that are All Stars and Hall of Fames. Jordan really only had 2 in Pippen and Rodman.

there's jordan, pippen, barkley, shaq, hakeem, robinson, dominique kinda, pistons kinda, reggie, gary payton, ewing, grant hill, clyde drexler, malone, stockton, and some other worse but still great players. thats the 90s

80s u got probably got that same number, but kinda better, because u have greats like Dr J, moses malone, bird, magic, kareem, prime pistons, prime dominique, mchale, worthy, gervin, dantley, alex english, bernard king, some other 70s guys, and a lot of the guys above as well, but younger (till great tho). thats the decade before.

the 2000s, which is after, u have timmy, shaq, lebron, d wade, tracy, kobe, KG, dirk, chris paul, dwight H, allen iverson, carmelo, nash, piece, tony parker, kidd, vince carter, etc. both are better than the 90s is my point.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:
@famousroman said:

there's jordan, pippen, barkley, shaq, hakeem, robinson, dominique kinda, pistons kinda, reggie, gary payton, ewing, grant hill, clyde drexler, malone, stockton, and some other worse but still great players. thats the 90s

80s u got probably got that same number, but kinda better, because u have greats like Dr J, moses malone, bird, magic, kareem, prime pistons, prime dominique, mchale, worthy, gervin, dantley, alex english, bernard king, some other 70s guys, and a lot of the guys above as well, but younger (till great tho). thats the decade before.

the 2000s, which is after, u have timmy, shaq, lebron, d wade, tracy, kobe, KG, dirk, chris paul, dwight H, allen iverson, carmelo, nash, piece, tony parker, kidd, vince carter, etc. both are better than the 90s is my point.

You forgot Chris Mullin, Penny Hardaway, Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, Ray Allen played in the 90's, so did Allen Iverson, Mitch Richmond, Latrell Sprewell, Shawn Kemp (you put Payton and forgot Kemp). There was More Talent in the 1990's than you give Credit. The point I am making still is that Jordan stopped a lot of these Legends from Winning whereas in the 1980's that era was ruled by the Celtics and Lakers with the Sixers snatching a Title. 2000's was a Good Era too but none of the People you argued for (Bill Russell or Kareem Abdul Jabbar) come from that Era.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dean-Winchester

@ghostodoofus2: You say that here but you don't have the courage to say it there in the Pelé vs Messi thread, because otherwise I would destroy you argumentatively. Brazil has 5 World Cups under its belt... Pelé alone won about 3 Cups. It's really without discussion, a vote made without any credibility and even more so in Europe. If it were done here in the Americas, wow, poor Messi would be chipped when he passed through Argentina or here through Brazil. That's sure. Also GULLIT > CR7 AND MESSI.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Messi was killed 😂😂😂😂 against Germany in 2014. Pelé beat Germany on multiple occasions and ask Beckenbauer. Messi There are rumors that he is going to Al-Hilal. He is second best in the world after Pele'e Gullit. has the strength of the Dwarf's games both for Barça and for the national team that he did absolutely nothing. And, although I was wrong with the number of errors per game, this does not change the importance of the 2. They are two great players but Pelé is much greater, the world revered Pelé with the title of King, he even stopped a war . Messi lacks the consideration of the Argentines who classify him as a pipoqueiro for never having won anything with the brothers' shirt, which for them is a shame. Messi is below Maradona and Pelé separated by 2 World Cup trophy, end. Pelé, Gullit, Beckham, Figo, etc. Would Send Messi back to the Inferno he came from in a football battle.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) If both in their prime - Jordan wins

2) All-time Lakers over All-time Bulls

3)Jordan's Space Jam. Anyone claiming LeBron's Space Jam is just trolling.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Messi was practically created from a young age by Barcelona with all the support in the world, previously Barcelona a team that had already conquered everything it conquered because of Cruyff and Ronaldinho, when he debuted in the professionals, he already arrived playing with a super structure all set up for him . Pelé transformed Santos and the Brazilian National Team into 2 world icons. Regarding the Brazilian National Team, it is logical that later came Garrincha, Zico, Socrates, etc., but the first was King Pelé. But what does it mean that "in Europe, Messi is already considered the GOAT"? Huh?

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: didnt forget em, just didnt mention them by name, since there other better players whose names i mentioned. and like i said, while jordan was a god in the 80s, he was losing all the time in the playoffs. he couldnt carry like lebron did. and lebron ACTUALLY did it agaisnt tougher teams too. and i know russel didnt. but thats the thing, he was so good that he led his team to the finals every year, against pretty good players proportional to himself. the thing about it is that russel was not the best 60s player, he was like, 2nd or 3rd best, if not lower tbh, and still did. jordan was far and away the best player in any given court after like, 87 give or take. and yet he couldnt always win.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@famousroman: Jordan did carry some of those Bulls teams. You remember The Last Dance and how Jordan carried the Bulls when Pippen was hurt in the 1998 Finals ? Jordan had to do a lot of heavy lifting especially when Pippen offense would go inconsistent at times. Also Lebron got shortcomings in the Finals. Lebron could not even average 19 pts against the Mavericks in the Finals in 2011. Jordan don't have no low showing like that.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jordan,

w3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jordan was the better player, put his brain in lebrons body & he’s winning 8-10 rings. reverse that, I don’t think lebron is as good

But no way is an all time lakers team losing to any one, let alone a bulls all time team… who does that even have outside of Jordan’s teammates?

GoodKarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. MJ > LBJ

2. Lakers >> Bulls

3. MJ Space Jam

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: I don't hate Messi but I get angry, he doesn't work against Pelé... it just doesn't work. Pele was champion with several different players, he went to the USA to teach football, Messi took the duo Xavi and Iniesta and that was it... do you think that Pelé would win in a final for Paraguayans and Chileans???? Pelé would do as he always did. Messi is not the best in his country, how can he be in the world????

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lebron James is the better overall basketball player, but Michael Jordan's icon status and impact on the game still make him the "GOAT".

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdiddyman911: Is lebron the better overall basketball player? Because a lot of people brought up the point here that Jordan never lost any finals whereas Lebron did. I'm just asking.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Yes?

Pelé was a physical aberration during his time not to mention the reports from his colleagues that he was the one leading the way in the race in training, he was a freak and very dedicated... there is a very nice report that they were at a gala dinner and one of the players, I don't remember who had it bought a suit and forgot to remove the tag that was hanging, according to one of the colleagues Pelé arrived, put his hand on his friend's shoulder and discreetly removed the tag without the guy noticing all of this so as not to embarrass his colleague... he was a black man sinister, exchanged blows and broke the leg of bullies. Pele is like Odin or Zeus, there may be others on Olympus but he is the superior...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep wondering to myself what would Lebron have to do in my mind to overtake Jordan in the Basketball GOAT Debate ? I feel like he needs another NBA Championship at least. The way Lebron is Still Playing though is Amazing.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dean-winchester: I believe so. Overall I think his longevity is more impressive, he is more athletic, a better rebounder, a passer, and 3 point-shooter, with an overall better basketball IQ. Jordan has never lost finals, but I personally find it more impressive to have been to so many finals with teams that wouldn't have even made the playoffs without him.