Mass shooting at Umpqua Community College - 10 dead

• 105 results
CosmicCupcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/reports-shooting-umpqua-community-college-oregon_560d7658e4b0af3706dfdcd1?a70evc

*Heavy sigh*

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By frogdog
No Caption Provided

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rouflex

Lets kill the guns...

Loading Video...

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently, the Shooter posted to 4chan a couple days ago that he was going to do this. And the 4chan users were actively encouraging him and gave him advice.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator
ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, they're shooting up community colleges now?

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R.I.P.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lunacyde  Moderator

We have a violence problem.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@crimsoncake: I bet it was /b, wasn't it? Never go to /b, if you value your life.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well, I expect more in the future now. Sociology has proven the chain reaction to these sorts of things.

Avatar image for the_new_avenger
The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon people will be to scared to go to school, this kind of stuff is sickening.

Avatar image for subnettingisaverb
subnettingisaverb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon people will be to scared to go to school, this kind of stuff is sickening.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is wrong with people these days? Like really?

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: I hope they track down everyone that was giving the advice and telling him to go through with it, and i hope they face the worse charges possible.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Everyone who lives in the middle east agrees with you.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: I hope the admin does, IMO assisted homicide would be to easy on these sick people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INB4 people call for gun bans...again.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INB4 hill billy hicks "if the students were armed hurdaherhur" oh wait too late

My condolences to the families and friends of the ones who died

For such a rich country and a country that views themselves in high regard have very little intelligence for the masses

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Mexico has really tight gun control and has a high violent crime rate.

Switzerland has a-lot of guns and gives guns to almost all of it's citizens and has a low crime rate(One of the lowest).

I think this should end any debate.

This is why you're wrong in almost everything you say, everything is not all black and white.

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In before, "America sucks.", and, "Ban guns.".

NeroTheInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In before, "America sucks.", and, "Ban guns.".

Too late. Read comments 2 and 3. Literally the first replies.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: The kid who did this, is 20 years old. You must be 21 to have a hand gun. Some people just don't follow rules. I agree restricting guns could help, but I will not completely stop.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger: Agreed. I am disgusted by this behavior and pray that I don't have to ever be in this situation.

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZeroSuitUser

Am I the only person who really doesn't care though? I don't know. I've just really been de-sensitized by things such this due to how often they occur. My condolences go out to the family members of those lost, but I can't honestly say I actually care for those who died. And I'm not trying to disrespect the people that died. I just felt like this needed to be shared for some reason, and I wanted to see if anyone had similar thoughts.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ParagonNate

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: except not everyone who doesn't support gun control is a 'hill Billy hick' way to generalize and make yourself loose credibility. If people are armed they defend themselves, heck I've been in situations where one party simply by being armed averted the entire situation and no one got hurt.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By nefarious

RIP to the victims.

As always, nothing will be done.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP to the victims.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By strangetales

@sophia89 said:
@neonindian said:
@sophia89 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Switzerland has a-lot of guns and gives guns to almost all of it's citizens and has a low crime rate(One of the lowest).

This is why you're wrong in almost everything you say, everything is not all black and white.

Mkay.

England banned guns, knife attacks rose. The large populated cities in England is more violent than the ones here in the states.

Also what is black and white or wrong about my original post?

People don't have guns in Australia and don't have to deal with this. People don't have guns in Canada and don't have top deal with this

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Flumox56

@sophia89 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Dont think the problem is people having guns, I think the problem is how easily it is to acquire them, Do not get the problem with having background checks and a cooling of period, Never going to eradicate gun crime, But why make it so easy.

Just look to Australia for how gun control can have a positive affect.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger: Australia basically no not ever anymore and Canada what once every few years minimun maybe. Compared to the US Yeah this kind of stuff doesn't happen

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: First off, if you add both of there population together it wont even equal half of the US population so of course we have more. And who said you can't own guns in Canada? Because you can. You can't compare the USA to those two country's combined they have less than 100m people, while the US has 320m people.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger: I didn't say you couldn't own guns I said the people don't have guns. The population comment is fair. More reason for some kind of regulations

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangetales: I agree with regulations, but in today's day in age you can build a firearm and ammo easily. You can find it on YouTube, It's how things are sick people are not going to stop because of restrictions or regulations because they don't care.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@strangetales said:
@sophia89 said:
@neonindian said:
@sophia89 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Mkay.

England banned guns, knife attacks rose. The large populated cities in England is more violent than the ones here in the states.

People don't have guns in Australia and don't have to deal with this. People don't have guns in Canada and don't have top deal with this

The Aussie police finds guns when they raid gangs there, so guns aren't fully gone from there. Also the crime rate in Auss was dropping before the ban on guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairns_child_killings BTW Aussies still have mass murders.

As for Canada it doesn't have a-lot of heavily populated areas like America. In populated cities there this happens:

2005–present: "Year of the Gun", shootings and the falling murder rate[edit]

In 2005, Toronto media coined the term "Year of the Gun" because the number of gun-related homicides reached a record 52 out of 80 murders in total;[23] almost double the 27 gun deaths recorded the previous year.[24] On December 26, 2005, 15-year-old Jane Creba was shot and killed in the Boxing Day shooting while shopping on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto. After this incident, many people called for the federal government to ban handguns in Canada; this also became an issue in the 2006 federal election, but the number of homicides dropped to 70 in 2006. However, 2007 saw another, smaller wave of gun violence starting in May with the shooting death of 15-year-old Jordan Manners at his school, C. W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute. A couple months later, on July 22, 2007, 11-year-old Ephraim Brown was killed after being shot in the neck by a stray bullet, during a gang shooting in the city's north end at Jane Street and Sheppard Avenue. These events raised calls for a ban on handguns once again. Of the 84 murders in 2007, roughly half were via firearm, thus, Toronto had a murder rate of about 3.3 per 100,000 – slightly less than the peak rate of 3.9 in 1991.[21] There was a drop in murders again in 2008 with 70 (a total of 105 murders in the Greater Toronto Area – including a record high 27 occruing in neighbouring Peel Region, but statistically this was an anomalous year there). The falling murder totals have continued, in 2009 with 65, followed by 63 in 2010, then the lowest total in recent times with only 51 (75 total in the GTA) in 2011, the lowest homicide total since 1986 and even a lower rate of 2.0 per 100,000, close to the national average, representing a further dramatic decline in the city's murder rate for the fourth consecutive year. Overall shooting incidents have also declined from 335 occurrences in 2010 to 255 reported in 2013.[25]

Fair enough on the Aussie police I was aware of that. Crime and bad things happen everywhere there is no avoiding it. The point I was trying to make I'd it isn't as rampid. America's larger population and therefore increased chances should call for some regulations instead of brick wall objection

ILikeBigTits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@strangetales said:
@sophia89 said:
@neonindian said:
@sophia89 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Mkay.

The Aussie police finds guns when they raid gangs there, so guns aren't fully gone from there. Also the crime rate in Auss was dropping before the ban on guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairns_child_killings BTW Aussies still have mass murders.

As for Canada it doesn't have a-lot of heavily populated areas like America. In populated cities there this happens:

2005–present: "Year of the Gun", shootings and the falling murder rate[edit]

In 2005, Toronto media coined the term "Year of the Gun" because the number of gun-related homicides reached a record 52 out of 80 murders in total;[23] almost double the 27 gun deaths recorded the previous year.[24] On December 26, 2005, 15-year-old Jane Creba was shot and killed in the Boxing Day shooting while shopping on Yonge Street in downtown Toronto. After this incident, many people called for the federal government to ban handguns in Canada; this also became an issue in the 2006 federal election, but the number of homicides dropped to 70 in 2006. However, 2007 saw another, smaller wave of gun violence starting in May with the shooting death of 15-year-old Jordan Manners at his school, C. W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute. A couple months later, on July 22, 2007, 11-year-old Ephraim Brown was killed after being shot in the neck by a stray bullet, during a gang shooting in the city's north end at Jane Street and Sheppard Avenue. These events raised calls for a ban on handguns once again. Of the 84 murders in 2007, roughly half were via firearm, thus, Toronto had a murder rate of about 3.3 per 100,000 – slightly less than the peak rate of 3.9 in 1991.[21] There was a drop in murders again in 2008 with 70 (a total of 105 murders in the Greater Toronto Area – including a record high 27 occruing in neighbouring Peel Region, but statistically this was an anomalous year there). The falling murder totals have continued, in 2009 with 65, followed by 63 in 2010, then the lowest total in recent times with only 51 (75 total in the GTA) in 2011, the lowest homicide total since 1986 and even a lower rate of 2.0 per 100,000, close to the national average, representing a further dramatic decline in the city's murder rate for the fourth consecutive year. Overall shooting incidents have also declined from 335 occurrences in 2010 to 255 reported in 2013.[25]

Fair enough on the Aussie police I was aware of that. Crime and bad things happen everywhere there is no avoiding it. The point I was trying to make I'd it isn't as rampid. America's larger population and therefore increased chances should call for some regulations instead of brick wall objection

Can you guys take my name out or start a new comment thread.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_avenger: Yeah there are bad people in the world there is no avoiding that. People should atleast try to do is my opinion because I mean is it not worth even one life. I always say with everything you don't know if you don't try

I'm from Canada and I've just never really undesirable the arguement for guns and why people are so bull headed about any dialogue

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: I knew someone would have a similar line of thinking.

The_New_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_New_Avenger

@strangetales: I think i license should be necessary to own any kind of firearm, and to get that license you should have to go through safety classes and and mental stability test, and that mental test should be recurring like once every year. And I think punishment should be increased when it comes to gun related crime, for example i'm only 20 years old, and if i was caught with a handgun in my car ( Underage and no Concealed handgun permit ) the charge should be more severe than it is.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zerosuituser: I wouldn't say I don't care - I do, and this is a tragedy - but I am largely desensitized to these type of occurrences on the emotional/responsive level.

In layman's, this stuff simply doesn't surprise me anymore. It's almost the norm to hear about it now

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Really, really horrible. But gun control is not the answer.