#201 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5427 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually this reminds me of the time I fought Brock Lesner and Randy Coture. They were going to kill me because I told everyone they were bumming each other.

I didn't want to use Hadourken but I had no choice, they would have been much better off if they just spread a rumour about me instead.

Did you know that Randy and Brock used to be male face models? Yeah that's right those two were really really handsome. After fighting me they now look as you see them today.

Randy held me in a full nelson so that Brock could pound me into slush. While my hands were above my head I began to gather my Ki. My Hadourken ball was hot and it burnt the top of Randys head and as he let me go I let my Hadourken loose and it broke Brocks face. I twisted around and hit Randy with a Shoryuken upper cut.

While they were both out to it on the ground I pounded their faces in so that they would remember me every time they looked into a mirror.

#202 Posted by jagernutt (15769 posts) - - Show Bio
#203 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5427 posts) - - Show Bio
#204 Posted by Alavanka (1930 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone said:

While they were both out to it on the ground I pounded their faces in so that they would remember me every time they looked into a mirror.

Sooooo.....you are one ugly dude?

#205 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5427 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka:

Some might think I am ugly. I put a film of myself on real life pics thread. I'm holding the light sabres I used to kick the whole sky walker family's asses.

#206 Posted by LeeM724 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone watch the UFC fight night today? Was rooting for my fellow Aussies, unfortunately only one pulled off a win :(

#209 Posted by mrmonster (13572 posts) - - Show Bio

The 3 Biggest Myths Martial Arts Students are Often Taught

1) Myth: Size and strength don't matter, technique is all that matters.

Reality: Of course they do. I will agree that technique and skill matter more, but some people seem to be under the insane myth that size and strength advantages don't matter if your opponent is more skilled than you. After all, if this were true, then martial artists would be able to beat bears or tigers, and no one is dumb enough to believe they could.

2) Myth: The harder and more difficult the technique is, the better it is.

Reality: The simplest techniques (front kick to the groin, jab-cross combo to the face, etc.) are often the best. To quote Bruce Lee "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

3) Myth: Most fights go to the ground.

Reality: No, the guy who gets knocked out usually falls to the ground, but no, most fights do not end up being ground fights. This seems to be a common myth among ground fighting martial arts like BJJ (not that I'm bashing BJJ, I'm just saying that they sometimes perpetuate this myth). Most fights start standing and continue that way until someone gets knocked out, this whole "most fights go the ground" saying is just ridiculous.

#210 Posted by LeeM724 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: I agree with all of those statements, but I thought most people agreed that most fights end up in a clinch and then maybe on the ground from there if they go on for long enough?

#211 Edited by jagernutt (15769 posts) - - Show Bio
#212 Posted by LeeM724 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: Uh no I haven't, what is a gear brawl?

#213 Posted by Alavanka (1930 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, who knows the statistics when it comes to untrained people? It honestly doesn't matter if most street fights end up standing or on the ground.

Against a skilled opponent, they're going to keep poking at you until they find a hole in your game. If your jiujitsu or wrestling sucks, they're just going to the ground an exploit it. That alone should be incentive enough to work on grappling.

#214 Posted by mrmonster (13572 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

Not specifically martial arts related, but worth watching and thinking about nonetheless.

#215 Edited by Agito3 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

https://youtu.be/_5KBnA-2NBg

Thirsty? How bout some wa-ta!

#216 Posted by Jexsu (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I know, I know... Scott Adkins would kick Bruce Lee's ass. You don't have to remind me.