Luke-Leia Kiss...Lucas ever questioned??

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SuperJedi17

I hate to even bring it up but i need to know and can't figure out where to look online.Has George Lucas ever been questioned about that? I ask because i saw the Documentary that was in the SW Trilogy Collection from 2004(Building an empire.I think?) And it mentions that he had already wrote the entire trilogy while attending film school.So i just want to know if he had it planned for them to be siblings and did this as some sort of added Awkwardness between them two? Or if it was just a spur of the moment thing>Please and thank you!

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno

According to producer Gary Kurtz, originally Leia wouldn't be Luke's sister and his real sister would show up in a later episode when they were planning to do Episode VII, VIII and IX. Apparently between Episodes V and VI Lucas decided he didn't want to make six more films to finish the story.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Wincest.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@CaioTrubat said:

According to producer Gary Kurtz, originally Leia wouldn't be Luke's sister and his real sister would show up in a later episode when they were planning to do Episode VII, VIII and IX. Apparently between Episodes V and VI Lucas decided he didn't want to make six more films to finish the story.

Makes sense.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Lucas is a terrible writer who made everything up as he went along..

/ thread.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperJedi17

@JediXMan said:

Lucas is a terrible writer who made everything up as he went along..

/ thread.

Dude this is about a decision that was possibly(and apparently was) made by Lucas.No need to troll about him,other than the sibling kiss and the prequel the only other negative thing that he almost,but didn't do,was have a memorable line never happen,*Possible Spoiler if you haven't seen EP V* lucas originally wrote han to say,i love you to(traditional thinking i guess) But each take,it didn't feel right to kirshner,and at one point,he quickly just had Ford wing it(the gist of it).And that's when he recited that pretty memorable "I Know" But.Anyway he also wrote EP IV.AND he was the only one that wanted to keep Han alive through Episode VI.Wait......you're name is JediXman? And you hate lucas? He gave you star wars man!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@SuperJedi17:

You don't know me very well, do you?

I give Lucas credit for what he started; nothing more. And besides, the EU is what I love, not the movies.

Also, I don't troll. I speak the truth.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperJedi17

@CaioTrubat said:

Makes sense,But has anyone ever asked Lucas Himself? It'd be Pretty funny (and awkward) in my opinion,if someone was to ask him if he was taking question at like star wars celebration or if he was at a con>Would it not?

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperJedi17

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

I give Lucas credit for what he started; nothing more. And besides, the EU is what I love, not the movies.

Also, I don't troll. I speak the truth.

You a fan of han and leia's kids as character's at all?Lucas did keep han alive.But yeah maybe saying that you were trolling was going a bit too far.But the opic had nothing to do with Lucas's ability as a director/writer(which i think are better than most give credit for,but less than the people that think that he's never messed which is really wrong>Prequels. Which made you mentioning Lucas's directing/writing skills just kind of uncalled for,i guess.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@SuperJedi17:

Not at all. It's an answer to the question - his skills as a writer and direction are on-topic because they relate to the Luke-Leia thing.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperJedi17

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

Not at all. It's an answer to the question - his skills as a writer and direction are on-topic because they relate to the Luke-Leia thing.

Well i was just wondering if anyone asked him about it.So it is off topic......From a certain point of view (Had to take the chance to do it) How is the EU Material anyway?I REALLY WANT TO READ SOME(especially dark empire.thrawn trilogy,and maybe yuuzhan vong war?)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@SuperJedi17:

The EU, is general, is vastly superior to the movies. I saw the movies the way they were meant to be seen (IV, V, VI, I, II, III), and I later read the EU out of curiosity - never looked back.

I'd suggest Tales of the Jedi. It's a great series overall. For novels, read the Thrawn Trilogy. Dark Empire is great, too.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperJedi17

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

The EU, is general, is vastly superior to the movies. I saw the movies the way they were meant to be seen (IV, V, VI, I, II, III), and I later read the EU out of curiosity - never looked back.

I'd suggest Tales of the Jedi. It's a great series overall. For novels, read the Thrawn Trilogy. Dark Empire is great, too.

I'll get Thrawn and Dark Empire in collected formats sometime.But i can't get much more of monthly pickups due to space/Money.But it's good to hear that those are good.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@SuperJedi17 said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

I'll get Thrawn and Dark Empire in collected formats sometime.But i can't get much more of monthly pickups due to space/Money.But it's good to hear that those are good.

Well, none of those are monthly. They're all relatively "old."

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SuperJedi17

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

I thought Tales was still going? Guess not.I know that thrawn and dark empire ate pretty old,from the 90's right?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@SuperJedi17 said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

I thought Tales was still going? Guess not.I know that thrawn and dark empire ate pretty old,from the 90's right?

There are a lot of stories. Tales of the Jedi is old, though. Fully collected, also from the 90s.

By the way, it's best abbreviated "TotJ," because "Tales" is another series entirely.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KnightRise

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

Literally laughed out loud

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SuperJedi17

@KnightRise said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

What's so funny? You know each other or something?I don't get where the comedic value is coming from.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Inverno

@SuperJedi17 said:

@KnightRise said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

What's so funny? You know each other or something?I don't get where the comedic value is coming from.

Well you are new around here so let me explain to you. JediXMan is one of the Star Wars experts on the site and he is very knowledgeable about the universe than most users. And because of that, KR found funny when you mistook him for a troll.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SuperJedi17

@CaioTrubat said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@KnightRise said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

Well you are new around here so let me explain to you. JediXMan is one of the Star Wars experts on the site and he is very knowledgeable about the universe than most users. And because of that, KR found funny when you mistook him for a troll.

Sorry about that,only been around here for a month or so,but haven't met anyone.I did apologize for that in a later post,before we became civil.I really didn't know he was an expert.I'm just a big fan of the original trilogy,which i guess i took offense to his comment.My bad

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KnightRise

@SuperJedi17 said:

@KnightRise said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

Because JXM's pretty much the Star Wars guy. Top three, at least, which is why his response and the thought of him being a troll were funny.

Like when Charlie Chaplin came in third in a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest. Just a little situational irony :)

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SuperJedi17

@KnightRise said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@KnightRise said:

@JediXMan said:

@SuperJedi17:

Because JXM's pretty much the Star Wars guy. Top three, at least, which is why his response and the thought of him being a troll were funny.

Like when Charlie Chaplin came in third in a Charlie Chaplin look-a-like contest. Just a little situational irony :)

That really happen? Ha! But yeah like i said i did apologize for that.