Lost another contest

amberlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 1

Edited By amberlove

Not that the competition wasn't ridiculously difficult because it was, but it hurts not even placing as a finalist. I'm referring to the Major Spoilers contest which has public voting, btw. I entered as Sue Storm and The Rumor but neither made the finals. If I had lost out to ones that I think are awesome AND difficult like The Red Skull and The Predator and The Sky Pirate that would be easier to take; but I lost out to other super heroes/villains that aren't so complex.

I had a feeling I wouldn't do well with Wizard's contest but I so happy to lose in that one because I know most of the winners through The League of Heroes and Myspace.

I'm hoping my pumpkin carving entries over at the Girls Entertainment Network do better. I entered my Black Cat and Captain America pumpkins since they are the only ones I actually own; all the other comic book pumpkins I've done were given as presents or prizes.

I didn't even bother entering the City of Heroes contest this year. I got blown out of the water last year. Now that I have a third job I don't have enough time to dedicate to my costuming even though now I can actually pay for stuff. It's a catch 22.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lboy

Wow.

lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lboy

Wait you were harley Quinn in Wizard idr your blog.

Hey at least you made it in the greatest magazine of all.

amberlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By amberlove

No, I never made it into Wizard. I submitted my Rumor suit for that one. I thought having a unique character would swing some votes my way but...

I lost Marvel's Halloween contest on YouTube as well but again, the winner is a friend from LoH so it's okay.

I can't complain though about losing all the time. Once in a while something awesome happens and on Wonder Woman Day, the son of her creator told me that he wants me to be her in the movie. I'm sure it'll be some 6 ft tall supermodel but the sentiment knocked me to the stars.