User Lists: 18

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Mortein  Online

They shouldn't have insulted a great religion with their lifestyle.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_red_viper  Moderator

@sophia89: Lol.

Car/truck rammings are FAR deadlier than shootings. People need to understand that.

Scotsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like these vehicle/truck attacks are becoming more common. And it's probably way easier and smarter for these crazy type of people to use. It wouldn't be very hard to steal a truck when you think about it. They everywhere. Predicting such an attack would be impossible too. Unfortunate.

Rip

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_red_viper  Moderator

@silkyballfro94: You don't even have to steal a truck. You can buy a cheap truck and go ram some people, easy peasy. The Nice terrorist attack last July claimed the lives of over 80 people and injured around 300-400 others.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By laflux
@mortein said:

Edgy insults soo soon. How incredibly classy of you.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#9  Edited By Lvenger
@the_red_viper said:

@sophia89: Lol.

Car/truck rammings are FAR deadlier than shootings. People need to understand that.

Car attacks will soon be the new go to choice of terrorist attacks over shootings and bombings.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger: They kind of already are. There was one in Israel yesterday too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Damn I hadn't heard about that one. Not to mention the failed car attacks in Belgium in March.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlueHope
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger: There are attempts everyday in Israel, some successful and some unsuccessful. Most don't get much publocity because if they had you wouldn't stop hearing of them lol.

There was also the attack in London which startd as a car ramming. These things happen all the time.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@the_red_viper: That's saddening to hear car attacks being a casual norm in Israel even if they are unsuccessful. The London attack wasn't that successful but its impact made more people aware of the dangers of a terrorist car attack.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger: Oh I wasn't talking just on car attacks, I was talking attacks on general. Although car attacks are more successful than others usually I think. There was one in Jerusalem like 2-3 months ago that claimed 4 lives and injured a dozen more, a friend of mine was there and ended up in a wheelchair.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can the goverment even prevent these types of attacks?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: If the goverment can hack cars the terrorists will be able to too after learning, which means they can possibly hack inocent people's cars to do the attacking. That and I am pretty sure old school trucks can't be hacked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: How would we stop that? If we make the hack proof then the goverment can't stop a rouge driver except if they sniped his wheels or body which would not help against quick strikes.

I think you can still by them second hand on the cheap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Well that's not a fun thought. Although the chances of a bad driver or a drunk driver killing you is probably higher than a hacker targeting you and your car, plus I think companies can at least tell if you were hacked or not.

Get all trucks out? That would slow progress down to a crawl IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Yeah but once criminals begin upgrading into hacking the cops would too, crime rate aould be the same as always IMO, not like anyone who has access to a PC would really decide to be a criminal cause doing crimes may have got easier.

Not all Muslims are evil though, not even a majority IIRC. Many people commit crimes, desperate people and nutjobs mostly.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me, the whole Israeli-Palestinian dispute is one of the biggest centres of conflict on the planet.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Sadly car attacks are almost impossible to stop. Immigration control won't work as lots of terror attacks are by citizens these days.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger: Not really, no. People make too big a deal out of it, it's nothing compared to what's going on in Syria, Yemen, Somalia and countless other places, where ACTUAL atrocities and war crimes are being committed on a daily basis.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony:

Not all Muslims are evil though, not even a majority IIRC.

it doesn't take a majority to cause chaos, a few thousand muslims who decide to do cyber-jihad would be devastating, they would be far worse than any terrorist attacks yet. also you should do more research, around 30% of muslims in france are pro-ISIS and the number goes as high as 40% in other places IIRC, not to mention in the middle east where the majority overwhelmingly support terrorism.

“It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished. But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, “whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,” and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.”

– John Adams

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@heroup2112: That's a nice quote.

One of my favorites from my favorite founding father.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

@asgardianbrony:

it doesn't take a majority to cause chaos, a few thousand muslims who decide to do cyber-jihad would be devastating, they would be far worse than any terrorist attacks yet. also you should do more research, around 30% of muslims in france are pro-ISIS and the number goes as high as 40% in other places IIRC, not to mention in the middle east where the majority overwhelmingly support terrorism.

“It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished. But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, “whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,” and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.”

– John Adams

America and all these other countries could relocate the muslims to a safe place in the middle east for far cheaper than what it takes to bring them over. there is no reason we should allow them in, its shown that they have a bad effect on the countries they move into and their imams teach they must "breed us out" and even to take women as sex slaves.

for example lets say you have a big family and two houses, the one you are in is far nicer but the other isn't that bad and it is heated. a group of ten homeless people come to your house in the midst of a massive blizzard, hungry and freezing, however you know in their midst there is a psychotic killer, what do you do? do you let them in your house, let them go stay In the nice little guest house or do you slam the door in their face? common sense dictates either the 2nd or last option, there is no reason to let them live with you.

The point you're missing is this: There IS no nice little guest house. If you have to you isolate the guests into one part of the house, you don't throw them all out into the blizzard.

We're either the good guys or we aren't. I'm not trying to be glib, or make fun, but I know you're Christian. Very seriously, if there was only one house (and this is the very real case), and there was a family freezing in the blizzard and one unknown person was a psychotic killer in among them. What would Jesus do? This is a question only for you in this case...not CV at large.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112:

There IS no nice little guest house.

there is. the muslims can easily be relocated somewhere in the middle east.

We're either the good guys or we aren't.

HAH! America has never been "the good guys", neither has any other country. countries care about their own interests and their own people, its all shades of grey.

I'm not trying to be glib, or make fun, but I know you're Christian. Very seriously, if there was only one house (and this is the very real case), and there was a family freezing in the blizzard and one unknown person was a psychotic killer in among them. What would Jesus do? This is a question only for you in this case...not CV at large.

I would probably let them in, it would be a stupid decision but I would still probably do it.

I think I oversimplified things with that example, my bad. a country should care for its people and only for its people. America has millions of its own people who are poor and in the cold, they need to be helped and protected, we should not bring in muslim's who are shown to cause great damage to the countries they enter and preach the destruction of the west. when one runs a country things aren't truly black and white anymore, the bible says the king beareth not the sword in vain; when you are in charge of a country you are supposed to be devoted to your own people, if you do things that will harm your nation you are an awful ruler. presidents and governments must make the tough decisions normal people cant or wont.

All this said, I'm not overly in favor of letting in a tidal wave of Syrian immigrants. I am however in favor of carefully vetting a reasonable number in. We're a NATION of immigrants. Where would we be if the officials at Ellis Island had said...(and there was a LOT of this type of opinion) Nope, the Irish are all scoundrels, thieves, and layabouts, they aren't our problem send 'em back. Or after the Vietnam war we'd said...nope those Boat People (who are thriving upstanding citizens...sure there are "bad ones" as much as in ANY population of people, just getting that out of the way)gotta go back. There are many stories like this. The Italians have about 1% who are a major criminal element, so do the Chinese, the Russians, the Irish, the Vietnamese, the Koreans, the Jews...you couldn't swing a stick and find a population that DOES'NT have a pervasive criminal element.

There have ALWAYS been excuses to try to exclude the OTHER. Are there some VERY dangerous Muslims who want to try to kill us and make America into another Muslim state? Sure as hell they do. Are we going to let that happen? Bet your ASS we're not. We have a system of laws, and more good people than bad here that won't LET that happen. They terrorists live on FEAR, the more we give into it the more they thrive.

We have problems and misteps sure, but we're the United States of America. We're THE nation of immigrants, we boast about it and rightly so. We need to be cautious but NOT afraid.

America is big enough for all ideas and peoples.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By removekebab
HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HeroUp2112

@asgardianbrony said:

@heroup2112:

All this said, I'm not overly in favor of letting in a tidal wave of Syrian immigrants. I am however in favor of carefully vetting a reasonable number in.

vetting is good, letting none in is even better.

We're a NATION of immigrants.

and? forgive me, but I don't remember it being a decree that America owes the world anything.

Where would we be if the officials at Ellis Island had said...(and there was a LOT of this type of opinion) Nope, the Irish are all scoundrels, thieves, and layabouts, they aren't our problem send 'em back.

not even remotely comparable.

Or after the Vietnam war we'd said...nope those Boat People (who are thriving upstanding citizens...sure there are "bad ones" as much as in ANY population of people, just getting that out of the way)gotta go back.

were the boat people preaching the breeding out and destruction of the west? was it shown that every country they immigrate into is ruined? were the boat people responsible for the majority of terrorism around the world? did the boat people believe it was a great and honourable thing to kill as many infidels as they could in jihad? its not comparable.

There are many stories like this. The Italians have about 1% who are a major criminal element, so do the Chinese, the Russians, the Irish, the Vietnamese, the Koreans, the Jews...you couldn't swing a stick and find a population that DOES'NT have a pervasive criminal element.

come on man! you cant seriously be comparing them to muslim's, a people who follow a religion of absolute terror and oppression and are responsible for most terrorism around the world. please, show me the effects of these peoples immigration compared to the horror's brought by islam.

Are there some VERY dangerous Muslims who want to try to kill us and make America into another Muslim state? Sure as hell they do.

not just some, a lot. they don't integrate, they try to turn the countries they immigrate to into the countries they left.

Are we going to let that happen? Bet your ASS we're not.

I hope we don't, I truly do.

They terrorists live on FEAR, the more we give into it the more they thrive.

I bet the Trojans had a conversation just like this before they brought in the Grecians "gift". the imam's preach to their congregations to immigrate, infiltrate the government and breed out the population so they become the majority. look it up, its how they conquer and its working in Europe right now.

We have problems and misteps sure, but we're the United States of America. We're THE nation of immigrants, we boast about it and rightly so. We need to be cautious but NOT afraid.

by not being afraid you mean giving the muslims exactly what they want, what the preach will bring about the end of the west?

America is big enough for all ideas and peoples.

no country should be big enough for a culture of terrorism.

There are 3.3 million Muslim American citizens. How many terrorist attacks have there been since they've been here? How many have been committed for other reasons? Should we round up and ship these 3.3 million men, women, and children out because 1% of them have been preached that they should integrate and overthrow us? Have they even begun to bring about our end?

As far as America not owing the world anything...we didn't owe any of the other immigrants anything either, but we were formed under the idea that we were and were going to continue to be a nation of immigrants populating this part of the continent (challenge me on the history of this, please). We're called the Land of Opportunity for a reason. We stop now because things aren't quite how we like.

As for the Trojans and the horse. Again, I'm talking about vetting people. The Trojans were too stupid to "vet the horse" and brought it in blindly. No sane person is talking about letting in hundreds of thousands of people without thorough checks.

As for the Muslim immigrants trying to turn us into the countries they left, the Chinese immigrants tried that too. Our society simply doesn't work that way. They may be able to make cultural enclaves for themselves as long as they follow our laws (and every time anyone tries to circumvent them, they've failed) and that's cool, but make the country that way...just not happening. Studying history is a good thing.

Yes, America IS big enough for peaceful immigration/integration. People violate the laws or cause violence we stop them. Not perfectly, but better and more justly than pretty much anywhere on the planet. If anything, they'll face too much persecution than not enough.

I'm not bleeding heart liberal by any means (though I'm not a conservative either), but I am an American and I believe in what we stand for. If not, we're just another self involved, semi-tyrannical nation with bigger and better guns.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, lets throw out all the muslims so that people who already feel like outsiders clearly get the message that the West hates them. That's definitely not going to make millions and millions of people ridiculously easy to radicalise. Good idea, 10/10.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How sad. It's horrible something like this had to happen in such a beautiful country.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By GIliad_
@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: That's saddening to hear car attacks being a casual norm in Israel even if they are unsuccessful. The London attack wasn't that successful but its impact made more people aware of the dangers of a terrorist car attack.

With all due respect, 5 people died and many many more injured. That's 5 families mourning the loss of their wives/daughters/sons/fathers/mothers and many more devastated by serious injuries. Mate, I know it could have been worse but we didn't dodge a bullet here.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:
@lvenger said:

With all due respect, 5 people died and many many more injured. That's 5 families mourning the loss of their wives/daughters/sons/fathers/mothers and many more devastated by serious injuries. Mate, I know it could have been worse but we didn't dodge a bullet here.

I wasn't trying to downplay the loss of life and serious injuries caused by that attack. But compared with the last major terrorist attack London suffered from, it's not as bad. Still doesn't mean it's a good thing obviously as I thought you would have realised from my post mate. Just that it could have been a lot worse.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Sorry mate, I was a bit hard headed and brash there. I suppose it's down to your interpretation of successful. I misunderstood your meaning. Extremely sorry about that :/

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lvenger

@giliad_: No it's alright, I should have been clearer about what I meant without diminishing the tragedy of the Parliament terror attack. In that sense it was successful even if its scale wasn't as big as other terror attacks. It's all good.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@giliad_: For prespective, the truck ramming in Nice last July claimed almost 90 lives and injured almost 400 more.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers