Lock Down

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Is it me, or are threads being locked down faster then a Muslim trying to board a plane? I can understand locking down the repeat battle threads, or threads that have swearing. But it seems now some mods are locking down any thread they deem as pointless, regardless if people are posting and having fun in them.

Is this what comicvine has come to? If you make a thread that a mod deems useless its gone? I wouldn't be surprised if this thread doesn't get locked down.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

"Is it me, or are threads being locked down faster then a Muslim trying to board a plane? I can understand locking down the repeat battle threads, or threads that have swearing. But it seems now some mods are locking down any thread they deem as pointless, regardless if people are posting and having fun in them.Is this what comicvine has come to? If you make a thread that a mod deems useless its gone? I wouldn't be surprised if this thread doesn't get locked down."

faster than a muslim trying to board a plane HAHAHAHA straight to hell man straight to hell

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Copy

I think I remember seeing a thread lock down for being pointless I'll look it up.

Nymph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nymph

Gambler says:

"Is it me, or are threads being locked down faster then a Muslim trying to board a plane? I can understand locking down the repeat battle threads, or threads that have swearing. But it seems now some mods are locking down any thread they deem as pointless, regardless if people are posting and having fun in them. Is this what comicvine has come to? If you make a thread that a mod deems useless its gone? I wouldn't be surprised if this thread doesn't get locked down."

I know a muslim guy!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Methos

just kidding lol

to be honest i haven't seen that many threads locked... thinking back i have only locked 4 threads this week.

one of them for personal attacks

three of them were duplicate battle threads.

i don't see anything that has really changed.

M

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Boken

they are locking up alot of them

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"K found it.
" />http://www.comicvine.com/message/my-gurl-banshee-bitch-just-got-banned/391753/&c=50&page=3#post391842"

that thread was actually locked for a reason and at the request of the admin i believe as the poster in question has actually received a permanent ban.

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Not so much that one, but really, who cares, it would have been gone in a day anyway. Like the one about reaching 1000 posts. They were joking around posting videos, and blam, locked down. Even if a battle has been repeated, some of us have been here forever, so of course we're gonna see alot of the same fights, but is it really that big of a deal to let the newer members battle it out? Instead of making them go and dig up some ancient thread and re-read 8 pages of arguments? I know I wouldn't want to have to do that.
Post Edited:2007-11-30 20:46:01

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

thats a fair point i suppose...

i guess this is something that the mods and admin are going to have to have a talk about and find a proper compromise about what constitutes locking / deleting a thread...

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Copy

I feel so little right now. Lol

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By zero edge

I've been given the go by G-Man to lock down pointless threads. Sorry that's just how things are, this is a comic forum. There are plenty of other threads where people can chat and talk about whatevers (ie Clark's).

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"thats a fair point i suppose...i guess this is something that the mods and admin are going to have to have a talk about and find a proper compromise about what constitutes locking / deleting a thread...M"

This is why you are a Mod Methos. Your a reasonable person ;)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zero edge says:

"I've been given the go by G-Man to lock down pointless threads. Sorry that's just how things are, this is a comic forum. There are plenty of other threads where people can chat and talk about whatevers (ie Clark's)."
Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chameleone

Gambler says:

"Is it me, or are threads being locked down faster then a Muslim trying to board a plane? I can understand locking down the repeat battle threads, or threads that have swearing. But it seems now some mods are locking down any thread they deem as pointless, regardless if people are posting and having fun in them.Is this what comicvine has come to? If you make a thread that a mod deems useless its gone? I wouldn't be surprised if this thread doesn't get locked down."

aaahh Gambler is the rebel, sticking up for people :P

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Phorqe

I just got a topic locked, boo I say! My thread was about me being close to 1000 posts, it wouldn't have taken that long to get to. And they locked it up tighter than a nun on Christmas. This is an outrage!