User Lists: 0

Hype

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm hyped. Personally, I wish the trailer had done a little more than just recreate the opening scene of the movie, but still, I'm hyped. I loved Jon Favraeu's The Jungle Book, I believe he'll do great with this too.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is the 1 movie of next year that could beat Avengers 4 at the box office. These live action Disney movies have done very well so far, and this is the king of all Disney movies.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow! I am likely in the minority, but the original is not among my most favorite Disney animated movies. I like it well enough, but it's farther down the list than Aladdin, the Little Mermaid and Mulan, however this version has me more hyped than the forthcoming live-action adaptations of those classics.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well damn. This actually looks really good. I'm actually hyped.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think this is the 1 movie of next year that could beat Avengers 4 at the box office. These live action Disney movies have done very well so far, and this is the lion king of all Disney movies.

FTFY

loyngulpany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg my wallet's gonna burn again....

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it wasn’t for Jungle book, I wouldn’t have been hyped, but Favraeu’s work on the jungle book showed that he can create an original story from an existing tale. So He has gotten my attention, but I’m still rather hesitant

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Omega_kai

Guaranteed billion at box office

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks noice!

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the first dumbo trailer the best out of the live actions so far but this is my second favorite.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney gonna have 3 animated classics remakes release next year alongside Star Wars and Avengers. Wouln't be surprise if most of the films in 2019 top ten highest grossing are Disney's

Simba (or is it Mufasa ?) is so small. I want him to look more like this

Loading Video...

Really hype, though.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a cute little monster

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The CGI's gorgeous.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks cool.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome. :D

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney gonna have 3 animated classics remakes release next year alongside Star Wars and Avengers. Wouln't be surprise if most of the films in 2019 top ten highest grossing are Disney's

Not to mention Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2. And Artemis Fowl, that has some potential.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

@mrmonster: pretty sure Disney wins out every year in terms of revenue. they're unstoppable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I thought it was another fake trailer because of the CGI. Can't say I'm too impressed by it in the context of the movie. I mean it's good CGI but compared to the artistic talents and animation on the original Lion King, it's a stark contrast when the trailer goes for a shot for shot recreation of the original. Plus no Be Prepared is a downside.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: pretty sure Disney wins out every year in terms of revenue. they're unstoppable.

Yeah, but next year is like nothing else. Even by their standards, they are about to have one heck of a year.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Because they bought all the lucrative propteries Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Films, and now probably even a good chunk of Fox and they own majority of Hulu now.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I have to say that the production of this is looking incredible. This is probably one of the best CGI I have ever seen in my life.

Definitely hyped.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Lion King, but honestly I don't see why I should see this in theaters yet

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pointless.

Has there EVER been a remake that has surpassed the original when it adds literally nothing new outside of "LOOK GUYS WE CAN DO ALL THIS CGI NOW, CAUSE TECHNOLOGY, LETS REMAKE EVERYTHING WITH CGI".

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrmonster

@omega_kai said:

@the_stegman: Because they bought all the lucrative propteries Pixar, Marvel, Lucas Films, and now probably even a good chunk of Fox and they own majority of Hulu now.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about Fox. After the merger is complete, they're going to own the rights to Avatar. Now that'll make Disney's bank accounts very fat.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I already know what happens

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, kinda looks like a CGI shot-for-short remake.

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814 said:

Not to mention Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2. And Artemis Fowl, that has some potential.

Yeah. That's 5 guaranteed (A4,TLK,Frozen2,SW9 and TS4 ) and 2 possible (Aladdin, Captain Marvel) billion dollars movies .

A4 probably gonna cracks 2 billions and it's not impossible for TLK to do the same.

Essem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Essem

They have to be careful with this. If all they do is trying to make the animals as realistic as possible and disregard facial expression and stuff like that. It will simply just look like a typical nat geo documentary.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard simba is gay in this movie

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

Why wouldn't you like that?

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@tomkatie said:

Why wouldn't you like that?

Because it's boooorring

We already have an animated Lion King movie. For as good as the Beauty in the Beast movie was, it was basically the same movie as the animated film, but now with Emma Watson. I'm hoping this isn't the same way

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

Just hope it won't be crap like Maleficent or Beauty and the Beast.

The_Silkworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah wasnt really feelin it. It was right on the verge of stirring some emotions but ultimately fell alil short

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:
@war_of_light_2814 said:

Yeah. That's 5 guaranteed (A4,TLK,Frozen2,SW9 and TS4 ) and 2 possible (Aladdin, Captain Marvel) billion dollars movies .

A4 probably gonna cracks 2 billions and it's not impossible for TLK to do the same.

That's the only thing I kind of disagree with. Solo proved that Star Wars movies aren't guaranteed to be billion dollar hits, or even guaranteed to be profitable, I don't think Episode 9 making a billion or more is a guarantee.

And as for Captain Marvel...maybe if the next trailers get a better reception than the 1st one, but as of now, I'd say unlikely.

Here's how I would categorize all of Disney's major releases next year.

Could do 2 billion

• Avengers 4
  • The Lion King

Guaranteed 1 billion

• Toy Story 4
  • Frozen 2
  • Aladdin

Less than a billion but still successful

• Dumbo
  • Captain Marvel
  • Star Wars: Episode 9

Could flop

• Artemis Fowl
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814 said:
@mrmonster said:
@war_of_light_2814 said:

That's the only thing I kind of disagree with. Solo proved that Star Wars movies aren't guaranteed to be billion dollar hits, or even guaranteed to be profitable, I don't think Episode 9 making a billion or more is a guarantee.

And as for Captain Marvel...maybe if the next trailers get a better reception than the 1st one, but as of now, I'd say unlikely.

Could do 2 billion

• Avengers 4
  • The Lion King

Guaranteed 1 billion

• Toy Story 4
  • Frozen 2
  • Aladdin

• Dumbo
  • Captain Marvel

Could flop

• Artemis Fowl

IMO Solo is an outlying case of a spinoff that nobody asked for being placed in bad time slot, EP 9 is the conclusion of a main trilogy, really dont see it doing less than a billion.

CM will got boost by it ties with A3/A4, it could do anywhere from Doctor Strange to Black Panther numbers.

Aladdin is a massive brand by itself but I don't have much faith in Guy Ritchie...

BTW, you read Artemis Fowl ?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:
@war_of_light_2814 said:
@mrmonster said:
@war_of_light_2814 said:

Could do 2 billion

• Avengers 4
  • The Lion King

Guaranteed 1 billion

• Toy Story 4
  • Frozen 2
  • Aladdin

• Dumbo
  • Captain Marvel

Could flop

• Artemis Fowl

IMO Solo is an outlying case of a spinoff that nobody asked for being placed in bad time slot, EP 9 is the conclusion of a main trilogy, really dont see it doing less than a billion.

CM will got boost by it ties with A3/A4, it could do anywhere from Doctor Strange to Black Panther numbers.

Aladdin is a massive brand by itself but I don't have much faith in Guy Ritchie...

You could be right about Episode 9. It's more than possible that Solo was just an odd fluke. Or it could be a bad sign for the future of Star Wars under Disney. We won't know for sure until December of 2019.

As for Captain Marvel, the ties to Infinity War/A4 don't make it a guaranteed billion dollar movie. Ant-Man & The Wasp also had those tie-ins, and it only made 622 million. Unless Captain Marvel really steps up its marketing, I could see it doing only making that much.

I agree that Guy Richie was probably not the best choice to direct this movie. I think his recent King Arthur movie was mediocre at best. But still, it's Aladdin, one of Disney's most popular animated movies, especially among my generation.

I've tried reading Artemis Fowl twice, but both times I never really liked it. But a lot of people love it, so it could potentially be a hit. But it doesn't have enough popularity to say with reasonable certainty that it will not flop.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PayneInTheAss

eh

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really impressed

X

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it looks nice, but I don't see why it was needed other than for profit. Simba and Nala getting chased by the hyenas or the final battle might be worth seeing though.

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814 said:
@mrmonster said:
@war_of_light_2814 said:
@mrmonster said:
@war_of_light_2814 said:

Could do 2 billion

• Avengers 4
  • The Lion King

Guaranteed 1 billion

• Toy Story 4
  • Frozen 2
  • Aladdin

• Dumbo
  • Captain Marvel

Could flop

• Artemis Fowl

You could be right about Episode 9. It's more than possible that Solo was just an odd fluke. Or it could be a bad sign for the future of Star Wars under Disney. We won't know for sure until December of 2019.

As for Captain Marvel, the ties to Infinity War/A4 don't make it a guaranteed billion dollar movie. Ant-Man & The Wasp also had those tie-ins, and it only made 622 million. Unless Captain Marvel really steps up its marketing, I could see it doing only making that much.

I agree that Guy Richie was probably not the best choice to direct this movie. I think his recent King Arthur movie was mediocre at best. But still, it's Aladdin, one of Disney's most popular animated movies, especially among my generation.

I've tried reading Artemis Fowl twice, but both times I never really liked it. But a lot of people love it, so it could potentially be a hit. But it doesn't have enough popularity to say with reasonable certainty that it will not flop.

Well, I didn't said CM is guaranteed billion dollars movie, I said it's possible.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if see if Captain Marvel and Aladdin will deliver.

As for Artemis Fowl, if it's not an expensive movie then it does not really need to make a lot of money to be successful.

In anycase, we do agree that Disney likely gonna has at least 5 movie the billion dollars club, right? Ridiculous.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@essem said:

They have to be careful with this. If all they do is trying to make the animals as realistic as possible and disregard facial expression and stuff like that. It will simply just look like a typical nat geo documentary.

Like this?

No Caption Provided

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turn that damn RTX off.