Linux vs Windows

Karmadecoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Karmadecoy

im just wondering because most comic book readers are smart but are you smart enough to be using an open source os? i personally use linux and love it but for most people not being able to play games scares them off. i would love to hear what everyone is using.

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hagane Enna

Not Linux though my friend Onitzuka kept begging me to let him put it in my Vaio. Got Windows on the Vaio and the Mac OS on my MacBook. He made an odd comment once how Linux users just wished they had Macs.

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lantern Of Hatred
  • enjoys his Duo core 2.0, with Bootcamp so he swtitches from OS X to Windows XP..*
Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Linux is quite good as I've used it before for a short time. But it's just the problems with compatibility it has with many of the programs I have that stop me from completely switching over.
Post Edited:2007-11-02 05:22:43

Karmadecoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karmadecoy

well it has linux programs that are the same as windows you just have to research it. like it comes with a free photoshop called gimp, plus you can use wine to emulate most windows programs. I use ktorrent to download stuff and i use wine to emulate utorrent for my uploads

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Methos

got Linux on my laptop... but on my main PC i have Vista... mainly because i got it cheap and it's lovely to use :D

M

Karmadecoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karmadecoy

That is how i was for a while but once i realized that linux networks better with linux i got rid of it. i used my computer in my room mostly for storage and i use the laptop to access it. vista was cool but i used it since beta dont get me wrong it is a very good os i just got board with it. i like challenges so i decided to learn linux (mandriva acually) ill prolly dual boot sometime in the future only because one of my friends is going nuts about team fortress 2 and i wanna play portal