LIAR!

tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tonight

so here it goes, why the F^#$%#% do people LIE??? SERIOUSLY?? it might seem like an easy question, but i'm one of those people that people should be honest and don't like f@#$% around and lie to my face. If you lieing to save my life, okay, i get it. But i have a BEST FRIEND, that i have known for 9 years, and lately she hasn't been upfront with me and i'm getting that from a lot of people, i had a friend tell me she was at california for the holiday and i ended finding out that she was at germany instead, and supposanly we're close friends..i guess not..the point is, i'm not going to get mad over small Sh!t like this, but when people lie over crap that could have been avoided by telling the F@$#  truth, it pisses me off. 

so yea, why LIE?!?!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
because Lying is so easy... it gives people a way out of a sticky situation sometimes... 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

woah

tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tonight

the turth eventually comes out and when it does, it's going to turn ugly 

@ aztek the lost: ..and hmmmm, nope, still can't find my answer
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sparda

I lie all the time. Sometimes for fun, sometimes because it lets me do things that I want to do, sometimes because it makes people feel better, etc. There's a wide variety of reasons.

Well, lie isn't quite right. I lie a lot, but I generally tell half-truths more.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why lie? I'll be honest about this. Here's ur answer: It's easier. Lying to someone face is easier than telling them they are mad ugly. Some lies are to protect people feelings, some lies are to keep people safe, etc. To tell the truth I am willing to do whatever is necessarily to keep someone safe, even lying, actually especially lying. Lying is easier than having to beat someone down. Another reason is to save myself from getting into trouble. At least these are my reasons.
tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonight
@Sparda: LOL, you should try the truth more often

@Giuseppe Riccadonna: 

That i would understand, it just when people lie over stupid things that just erupt into bigger situations that gets me mad. 

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Not to sound like i lie frequently or anything, but everyone does it. And some people do it to protect someone or a secret (I know this might sound crazy, but this is for real.)

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because its a part of being human. most people do it without even knowing they actually are, for various reasons,
the largest being what they think is the truth isnt, especially when they didnt get it from their own eyes, and even then theres
the matter of perception conflict, and in that, who's to say who's lying. 

the better question would be " why do people actually 
ostracize others for lying "? 
if you truly care, the nothing else should matter,
and if it matters, then you never truly cared.

tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tonight
@aztek the lost: 

Yes, i am a person, but people lie over stupid crap that they themselves have no reason to lie about and you don't have to position yourselves into my friend's shoes to know the reason to her lying. she was just an example i was giving, the question i'm getting at is why do people lie over dumb things that could be avoided if they told the truth, becuase a situation just gets worse when that happens.  

and this whole protecting the person or not trying to hurt their feelings, lets forget about that. I'm talking about lying over crap like stealing your socks and telling you they didn't take it when they could of just asked for the damn thing!
tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tonight
@CATMANEXE: 

first of all, i care not to be lied too especially those who i been close too. Others could just stuff it, but the scenario here is that you obvisouly know the person is lying. and yea, i understand its just humans being humans, so sad, humans will be their own destuction to themselves
Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chosen One

Most seem to lie because it is easier than the truth. Sadly.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bio Guyver

The truth hurts sometimes. Better to hide behind a lie.

tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tonight
@Chosen One: 

=(, it is sad
Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chosen One

There is a reason we have a saying "The truth shall set you free" ^^

tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tonight
@Chosen One:  So True

@Bio Guyver: 

True, but when the truth eventuall comes out, you'll be screwed most likely and it'll hurt reallly bad. lol 
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bio Guyver
@tonight said:
" @Chosen One:  So True @Bio Guyver:      True, but when the truth eventuall comes out, you'll be screwed most likely and it'll hurt reallly bad. lol  "
Certainly. I think it's okay to lie when its necessary and won't do much harm. Though, there are times when the truth shouldn't be hidden for various reasons.
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonight: i understood. you know this person is lying.

why are you upset is what i dont get. if you care so much about them them telling you a lie
is the last thing that should matter to you. theres alot worse things a person could do to
you. second, if you care that they lied to you more than you do about them, enough to not
let it ride, then you actually didnt care about them in the first place. as for when the truth comes out...
want to know what really happens when people lie? nothing, lol. thats it. and the reason is its actually
every human beings right to not tell another the truth. its called privacy.

as well, you should understand again that lying is embedded in humans. so if you
choose to not have liars for friends...your going to end up very lonely.
Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tyler Starke

tonight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tonight

@Tyler Starke:  ??

@CATMANEXE:

Look, i understand worse things could happen beside a person lying and yes, people lie all the time. but i don't think its embedded in humans, that we can use it as a excuse. and as for privacy, this has situation has nothing to do with privacy, this situation is when someone like a roomate(if you have one) steals your socks and you know she did, but she lies about not stealing them when she could have just asked the damn thing, basically dumba$$ things that could have been avoided when told the truth, but don't for no apparent reason. Being lied too is not my fav thing on my list, but i do deal with it, and if it has to do with someone private life or whatever else, i don't mind. But its things like stealing socks or whatever you can think of that annoys me.  And as for friends, i have plenty and if they do lie its mostly becuase its something really private, but Trust is an important thing in any type of relationship and when people lie to you over stupid things it make you question your close relationship, but i don't drop my friendship over stupid lies, i'm just stating how i dislike people lying over stupid things.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I for one agree with you. I normally try to be truthful about things, I mean I normally only hide the truth when I know that it could hurt someone that I care about, but when it comes to things that I should know about, that would help if I knew about them, people shoudln't hide them...plus I go to high school, so I probably shouldn't be suprised by this.... :(

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonight: 
sorry, but no. socks? thats an analogy (i hope). you said 
she said she was going one place and then went somewhere else. 
neither are a big deal, not at all. but, if you get angry over things like
that, that might actually be the reason people lie to you. they fear your reaction
or at the least regard you as fragile. then again like i said could be that they didnt mean to.
maybe she thought she was going to Cali and plans changed. maybe she didnt want you to 
know for her own private reasons. either way thats not the kind of thing you get upset about
and at people. any psychologist will tell you thats extreme.

and stealing socks is stealing, not lying. if someone stole from you theyre not
really going to admit they did it you know? theyre intention was negative towards you 
from the get go. this person basically sounds to be failing your expectations of
humanity, but you seem to know this so why expect anything else from them and anger yourself..
(key words)?

and sorry, it is embedded. again, its also mathematically impossible to ever lie.
but i already summed that up.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
@Tyler Starke said:
"  
"
this song is a classic...
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By _Sojourn_

actually...I get where your coming from...I mean, lying about small stuff, like I'm gonna be in CA, but your in Germany...I mean, what was there to lie about.? Nothing...It's not like I'm going to follow you there or something.. 

As to why people lie (about small stuff) I have no idea. It just doesn't make sense to me, and I don't get it. Honesty is the best policy to me...I mean, When I tell people the truth, it may not be what they want to hear, but at least they know that I'm not going to tell them they look good, when they look like garbabe...