#201 Posted by anakon4 (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut said:

@anakon4: Which would matter why?

US usually have no idea of Europe history pre WW2.

#202 Posted by Wut (6892 posts) - - Show Bio

@anakon4: I am from the US. Smack dab in the middle. So, how about next time you think of a nation, you remember they tend to be full of all sorts of people instead of being hilariously prejudiced?

#203 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut: Have you gotten on board here yet?

#204 Posted by Wut (6892 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut: Tsk, tsk, tsk. Need moar opinions.

#206 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: @paragonnate: Oh snap! That episode!

Part of me wishes that the Pope was just gonna be that kind grandfather type of figure, but I guess that was expecting too much with the Grail involved and wanting to get back the Holy Land, so of course he was wanting to start another Crusade...though him killing Godfrey(or well indirectly) was kind of a surprise.

Abit I felt it was a little silly to send the entire Temple out to fetch Parsifal(who seems really dead now, but we'll see...maybe..) and I kinda wonder if Landry didn't....would the Templars have sided with their Temple Master or The Pope? That fight was pretty great though, more bladework showing by Landry in using his sword as a blunt weapon. Also Tancrede is back! Awesome!

Joan killed her cousin! I was kind of expecting that though with her wanting to defend her children, plus uniting both countries seems more beneficial.

Philip just keeps getting the shaft doesn't he? First his best friend, who's like a brother to him cheats on him with his wife who also cheats on him, they have a child and keep it a secret. His close adviser betrays him and nearly ends up killing him with an assassin, his own daughter lied to him....now Nogaret comes back and tells him about his wife and best friend, he just can't get a break. I guess we see where Nogaret is getting the funds for his mercenary army though if he ends up getting proof. Templars vs former Crusaders who know how the Templars fight, should be interesting.

Apart of me wishes it doesn't happen, cause I really like Philip and Landry's relationship...but another part of me is alright because of how much **** the guy has gone through even if he doesn't know about it.

That said...it seems like this show is just gonna be 1 Season from the looks of it.

I was surprised that Joan killed her cousin. I was also surprised that her cousins troops were ok with it. Although I guess she wasn't to well liked. Wasn't she cutting people's hands off because they made the wrong decision?

Tancrede being alive was what was spoiled for me :'(

Pope being evil reminds me of Assassins Creed.

What makes you think it's only going to be one season? de Nogaret still has to find proof to convince Phillip, who knows how long that will take. Then there's actually fighting the Templars themselves, who are stretched out across Europe and likely wouldn't like it if France just up and murders their brothers for personal reasons. Plus there is getting the Grail back and hiding it again, this time from the Pope himself. Lots of stuff left to do. More than can be done in two episodes we have left I think.

#207 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@anakon4 said:
@wut said:

Er......what? I mean......just......what?

What on Earth gave you the idea that all Americans just flat out don't know history? That's just......odd.

#208 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: Well I was figuring they were just gonna use the Season Finale to eradicate the Templar Order when Nogaret finds the proof...but yeah you're right, that would take time in both aspects. I suppose we shall see, if anything they could switch to Tancrede if something happens to Landry in this episode or the Final, since he seems to be the successor like Landry was for Godfrey.

Getting the Grail from the Pope of all people is gonna be challenging though.

Also I think she was, she did show Joan and the court like a giant bag of hands.

#209 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: @metaljimmor

Oh dang, this episode! Tancrede was the bomb, he killed 4 Swiss guards with nothing but a dagger and his cape. His fight with the assassin was pretty great too. I'm sure since she has the Grail, the two are gonna have a fight and he ends up taking the Grail after defeating her and going away to hide it.

Pope Boniface though....kinda wonder what Landry's mother told him now that he completely dismissed the excommunication and apologized to Landry.

Isabella really is a **** isn't she? I mean first she betrays her lover, then her mother? Granted I would expect someone to be on Philip's side, because thus far he hasn't had anyone, but Isabella has done some pretty horrible things.

Seems Gawain gave Landry a taste of what he went through and with one swing broke his leg, that's pretty painful, wonder how that's gonna play out in the Season finale.

Speaking of...that promo for the Season final looks AMAZING! Templars vs Red Knights! Or are they called Blood Knights? I couldn't exactly hear/remember what they were called...but it should be a pretty epic throwdown. We get to see King Philip's bladework it seems, can't wait to see what his training has brought him when he's in the middle of a fight.

#210 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

It's possible only Landry can use the Grail's power for some reason.

Isabella is incredibly weak willed and easily controlled. However, in this instance it makes sense. Philip is in the right. He has been horribly wronged. As his child I'd have probably sided with him too, rather than go with the adulteress mother who has been cheating on Isabella's father for years.

Seemed he called them Blood Knights.

#211 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: Hm....you think? I guess that would make sense.

I'd probably have sided with Philip too, I mean what exactly is his crime for being betrayed by his wife and best friend? .....His anger? I mean unless I missed something, he hasn't really done anything for his wife to not like him and go into the arms of another man.

Blood Knights sounds right, they seem pretty brutal given the short scene they were shown with Nogaret and Philip, being just as hard/trained as the Templars with the benefit of fighting dirty, that fight should be great....and we'll finally see Philip in action!

#212 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

The only thing Philip has done is MAYBE crippled a minstrel the queen liked out of jealousy, and we don't even know for sure he did it. Joan just assumed. The show has done a really bad job showing us why Joan despises Philip so much.

#213 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: You watch the last couple of eps? Haven't given your thoughts in awhile.

#214 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: I'm one episode behind, have the most recent one recorded will likely watch it tomorrow

#215 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: Ah, neat. Gotta get it before the final! Dat promo!

#216 Posted by anakon4 (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@anakon4 said:
@wut said:

Er......what? I mean......just......what?

What on Earth gave you the idea that all Americans just flat out don't know history? That's just......odd.

Not all, but wast majority don't know much about their own history so...yes they are odd.

#217 Edited by anakon4 (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut said:

@anakon4: I am from the US. Smack dab in the middle. So, how about next time you think of a nation, you remember they tend to be full of all sorts of people instead of being hilariously prejudiced?

Aye american from comicvine. You must be perfect representation of average US citizen.

#218 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@anakon4:

History is taught every year from the age of 6 to 18. My own education covered the Roman Empire, several European wars, the Age of Exploration and discovery of the Americas (with a healthy focus on Mexico and South America too), colonization, Napoleon's wars, the history of Christianity and how it split into all it's current denominations, the American Revolutionary and then Civil wars, and the World Wars. And that's just normal history class. I also took a World History class in Highschool where I learned some Chinese and Russian history on top of the above, and we learned about various mythologies in our English classes, plus a dedicated mythology class I took as an elective where we learned more about different religions around the world.

Our education system focuses more heavily on American history because that is the history most relevant to us, but we absolutely do learn about European history before the World Wars as well. Not in the same detail as a Eurpean school might, but then I imagine you don't get as much American history as we do either. I remember not giving a crap about how many wives King Henry the Eighth had, but I still had to know it and know why he executed/divorced each wife individually to pass my exam.

Obviously most people won't remember everything they learned in school, but we do get an adequate education in the subject. And those of us who enjoy history go out of our way to learn more. Assuming someone isn't American just because they display a knowledge in history is incredibly insulting.

#219 Posted by anakon4 (438 posts) - - Show Bio

@anakon4:

History is taught every year from the age of 6 to 18. My own education covered the Roman Empire, several European wars, the Age of Exploration and discovery of the Americas (with a healthy focus on Mexico and South America too), colonization, Napoleon's wars, the history of Christianity and how it split into all it's current denominations, the American Revolutionary and then Civil wars, and the World Wars. And that's just normal history class. I also took a World History class in Highschool where I learned some Chinese and Russian history on top of the above, and we learned about various mythologies in our English classes, plus a dedicated mythology class I took as an elective where we learned more about different religions around the world.

Our education system focuses more heavily on American history because that is the history most relevant to us, but we absolutely do learn about European history before the World Wars as well. Not in the same detail as a Eurpean school might, but then I imagine you don't get as much American history as we do either. I remember not giving a crap about how many wives King Henry the Eighth had, but I still had to know it and know why he executed/divorced each wife individually to pass my exam.

Obviously most people won't remember everything they learned in school, but we do get an adequate education in the subject. And those of us who enjoy history go out of our way to learn more. Assuming someone isn't American just because they display a knowledge in history is incredibly insulting.

It might be insulting but it's true. So you are educated in history and you cover the basics like Romans and Napoleon's era, but you are still heavily focused on America. You might not give a crap about King Henry, but we had to study your Civil War and Colonialism. Like if I cared about your Indian massacres or brother killing brother.

#220 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@anakon4:

It isn't true, as I demonstrated with my basic public school education having taught me pre-WW2 era European history. But I see this isn't going to be a fruitful discussion and don't intend to derail the thread, so I am not going to press the issue.

#221 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: @metaljimmor: Oh man, that Finale was awesome!

Templars are def tanks, that one Templar took so many blows with that huge Blood Knight with his mace. Templar Phalanx formation?

I don't wanna say anymore, not sure if Paragonn has caught up.

#222 Edited by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

Landry should absolutely be dead after that many hits to the face. I'm also a little disappointed he didn't get one last casual disarm on Philip before it devolved into fisticuffs, though.

#223 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: They be tanks! They have God on their side! Though what puzzled me is..

Landry destroyed the Grail....and literally no one gave a flying ****? Just seems a little weird to me.

Also about Gawain, why didn't he get help from the King's doctor before?....There was no reason he couldn't have done so, since at the time, Philip was all buddy buddy with them.

#224 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

Yah, that confused me too. Nobody gave a crap that he destroyed the symbol of their religion.

Yaaaah. I think it would have made more sense to say Gawain drank from the grail or something. The idea that Landry never asked Philip to use the royal physician to help his friend is mind boggling.

Loved Landry's speech before the battle though.

#225 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: Yeah, the fight was pretty awesome, I liked the formations the Templars used.

#226 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

Same. A good ol' Shield Wall. Staple in military use since the shield was invented.

Those Blood Knights weren't especially smart to keep falling for the trap, though. And didn't even try to counter it or pull it themselves.

#227 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: I think they were more expecting overwhelming numbers to have them win the day, which they were until GM Molay arrived.

Kinda wonder how the baby is gonna fit in and what that one Templar did with the little scroll, another clue to one of the other relics? The Holy Lance maybe? Or maybe that Holy Grail was a fake?

#228 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

The Holy Grail being a fake is possible. It didn't heal Joan like it did Godfrey's brother. I also can't imagine they'd carve out a hiding hole in it if it were the real grail.

#229 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: So, after the season is over and we've had time to digest everything, where would you place Knightfall? And how do you think the characters rate in the Battle forum?

#230 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: Season 1 was pretty good and the characters are pretty good with swordplay, apart from Philip although his opponents have been his teacher so I guess it’s not too fair to judge him on that. But we might have to wait and see if he gets any other combat showings other than fighting Landry, if Season 2 comes.

As a whole though they really showed the Templar Knights as being the best of the best, really durable too if anything else. Their armor also works compared to most other shows/movies where it doesn’t nothing for protection.

#231 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio
#232 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: YEEESSS! Also the History Channel got Mark Hamill too?! Awesome! Can’t wait.

#233 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Suppose I should finish season 1 then huh?

#234 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: I thought you did. XD But yeah, we gonna have a 2nd season, so must finish the 1st!

#235 Posted by the_wspanialy (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hamil might be able to convince me to give this show another shot.

#236 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: King Philip has a beard! Hm...maybe that'll give a boost to his sword skills! Haha...but really though, if Gawain has been training him that'll be fantastic.

@the_wspanialy: He looks great! We'll finally get the swordmaster we should have gotten in TLJ. I'm still surprised the History Channel could afford someone like him though.

#237 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate:

Wow, I am surprised. I didn't think it did well enough for a second season. Even more surprised Mark Hamill is in it.

It looks like he has a big role too. That is promising. Mark must've liked the script they gave him.

#238 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: Playing Talus, a character who trains new recruits and Landry's old instructor so yeah seems like he has a big role which is awesome! S2 is apparently gonna be more darker, gritter and action-heavy.

I'm glad it's getting another season though, usually its by S2 a few shows get their legs, I just hope the show is promoted more.

#239 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: Playing Talus, a character who trains new recruits and Landry's old instructor so yeah seems like he has a big role which is awesome! S2 is apparently gonna be more darker, gritter and action-heavy.

I'm glad it's getting another season though, usually its by S2 a few shows get their legs, I just hope the show is promoted more.

I mean, Season1 wasn't bad by any means. It was ok to good imo. Which is a similar situation that Vikings was in, sure season 1 of Vikings>season 1 of Knightfall, but Season 2 of Vikings is undoubtedly superior to Vikings season 1. So hopefully Knightfall season2 improves on the foundation that season 1 set down.

#240 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: I don’t have much issue with S1 either, but yeah here’s hoping and it’s just a month away!

#241 Posted by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: King Philip has a beard! Hm...maybe that'll give a boost to his sword skills! Haha...but really though, if Gawain has been training him that'll be fantastic.

@the_wspanialy: He looks great! We'll finally get the swordmaster we should have gotten in TLJ. I'm still surprised the History Channel could afford someone like him though.

On Hamil and the cost of casting him. Let's remember that this is the guy who voice the Joker for a kids cartoon, likely for a much smaller amount than he could have demanded for his work. I get the feeling that Mark is loaded enough that he takes acting gigs purely based on personal taste and if they sound interesting or fun to him. Then again i could be horribly wrong and he charged an arm and a leg.

#242 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: Hmm....probably yeah I can’t imagine a swell guy like him charging an arm and a leg. Still that just makes it all the better!

#243 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: Honestly I think Mark took the role so he could be the guy he wanted to be in TLJ. 😝

#244 Edited by ParagonNate (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

@paragonnate: Honestly I think Mark took the role so he could be the guy he wanted to be in TLJ. 😝

Talus seems to be a darker more violent character than Luke ever was, he screams more Joker than Skywalker in his personality, at least from what we've seen in the trailer. Mark's even got something of the Joker voice going on for him. imo of course

#245 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: Buuut, buuut he is now a proper swordmaster and instructor! Though yes he does have that sort of Jokerish air about him, was mainly joking a bit but it'd be hilarious if that was the reason just to spite TLJ how it treated him.

Anyway next month! Can't wait! S2 might be the season where these characters can really be used for fights!

#246 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio
#247 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

Thanks for reminding me! I'll have to set up the recording.

#248 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5874 posts) - - Show Bio