Killing brings pleasure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't think I'd be back on this site after what I posted lol but something happened that needs the insight/opinion of people. I can't post it on facebook or other social media sites as I want to remain anonymous. So, I thought to myself what other means do I have that allows me to gather information from people but remain anonymous at the same time..... ComicVine!

So, the thing is something very very weird and disturbing happened. I was walking back home from work, minding my own business when I suddenly felt like a stepped on something small and soft immediately followed by a small squeal. I lifted my foot and saw that I stepped on a kitten. Now, I'm a fairly heavy adult male and immediately thought it was dead but it started to struggle to get itself up. It was squirming on its side and meowing softly.

The weird thing is that I felt the urge to step on it again. I mean not just step, but stomp with the intent to kill. Just seeing it struggle like that triggered something in me and it horrified me. After a few minutes or so of just standing there and staring at it, I eventually pick it up and take it to the vet. I left it there though and had my brother get it after the vet called me that the kitten was fine and ready to leave. I then told him the place where I found it and had him bring it back there. He spent a while trying to find the mother which was in between two garbage containers with her other kittens.

With that being said, is there something wrong with me? Like, do I have to have myself checked for mental issues or something? I'm scared of letting anyone close to me know about this as I don't know how they'll react. Would appreciate you guys and gals opinions on this.

p.s. read every comment on my "can't take it anymore" thead and have decided to give it another try and start frequenting this site again. They were right that I took things too seriously and should not let the people with below average intelligence get to my head in debates.

#2 Posted by DanielDaRipper (6043 posts) - - Show Bio

There is probably something wrong with you if you had that urge. You should probably see someone about that.

#3 Edited by Richubs (7529 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku: Yes you should see a therapist about this. You need to make that a higher priority right now (if this is consistent) . These urges aren't a good sign AT ALL.

When I step on an animal accidentally I feel so god damn sorry its hard to explain.

To feel the opposite would be horrible.

And please let someone very close to you know about what just happened. Get some help for this and explain to them you don't wanna feel like this. Do it with someone you trust however.

However it's also possible that it was an impulsive thought and was a one off. If this happens again too many times then see someone for sure. If this was a one off ignore it and wait.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#4 Posted by MyLittleFascist (32850 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku: Nah, it’s normal. It’s called an “intrusive thought”, google it to find out more. I used to get thoughts like these all the time when I was younger, still get hem, but I just dismiss them without issue now.

The more you dwell on and stress over it, the more frequent they will get. Overly obsessing about intrusive thoughts could be a sign of OCD.

#5 Posted by GIliad_ (6759 posts) - - Show Bio

Like when you see a small child and you just get want to give it a running volley screaming "Aguerrrrroooooooo" and send it flying. We've all been there.....

#6 Posted by SocaJunkie (9687 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah maybe you have sociopathic tendencies.

#7 Posted by RapterFan55 (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing solos

#8 Posted by CocaColaMan (1780 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, you should probably get an appointment.

#9 Posted by The_Magister (15189 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you have achieved apotheosis. You've transcended into a higher plane of thought.

KoL is TOAA.

#10 Edited by jonjizz (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, there is something wrong with you... you need to learn how to tone it down when writing these titles lol

#12 Posted by RapterFan55 (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Frieza and thing solo, they are massively omni potent and one shot TOAA, this is a spite thread.

#17 Posted by RapterFan55 (745 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshtaku: Nah, it’s normal. It’s called an “intrusive thought”, google it to find out more. I used to get thoughts like these all the time when I was younger, still get hem, but I just dismiss them without issue now.

The more you dwell on and stress over it, the more frequent they will get. Overly obsessing about intrusive thoughts could be a sign of OCD.

True. These are thoughts everyone has but obviously you come to your senses and not do it.

Ever get so angry as someone you just wanted to kill/strabgle them? But obviously you don't do it because you came to your senses. Ever stood next to the edge of a cliff or something and just felt like you can push someone off or jump off yourself? Everyone has experienced thoughts like these and as MLP said, they're intrusive thoughts.

#19 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@rapterfan55: I'd think even toaa gets the urge to just erase everyone in marvel but decides not to.

@jonjizz: Lol sorry I'll try to in the future.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I'll wait and see if this progresses and if it does then I'll probably get it checked out.

#20 Edited by Catlike (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with post 2 and 3. Your actions may not be completely abnormal, but yes, seek some help please, just in case.

#21 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12932 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_ said:

Like when you see a small child and you just get want to give it a running volley screaming "Aguerrrrroooooooo" and send it flying. We've all been there.....

Dammit

#22 Posted by FaradaySloth (12214 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#23 Posted by kalkent (3763 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

#25 Posted by ourmanuel (13901 posts) - - Show Bio