Kid kills bully and is let go free. Thoughts?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whelp no value to the world was lost.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He should have gone to prison, theres no excuse for stabbing someone 12 times. Thats murder.

CybermanFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#205  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

This was most definitely murder and the bully (who was most likely deserving of some punishment/therapy etc) still shouldn't have died this way. The kid who was getting. Bullied should NOT have gotten off with no consequences. It's not completely black and white

Xaosxaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... Can't read the article, but got another one.here.

If this is this one, I will point out that everybody failed at this point : parents, teachers, police, administration... EVERYBODY.

Whatever, to say that I don't like bully is an understatement. You can really mess people head with that, and most of them think they won't have zero consequence for that and that's quite a shame...

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no sympathy for bullies. You reap what you sow.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#208  Edited By Zetsu-San

After reading the link, bullying is to weak of a word to describe what was going on.

Also stabbing someone "12 times" is nothing. When your adrenaline is going, it's incredibly hard to hold back. On the flip side of things, you'd be shocked at how many stabbings a person can take before they even realize they are being stabbed. This isn't the movies where someone gets stabbed, looks down, then falls over.

This guy got stabbed 4 times before he even started fighting back. Then he got stabbed repeatedly throughout the fight. Still managed to toss his attacker to the ground and put him in a head lock. The fight got broken up, and judging from the fact that he was pacing around afterwords (and it didn't seem like anyone tried to keep the attacker there), then collapsed; he probably didn't even realize he had ever gotten stabbed in the first place:

Loading Video...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#209  Edited By Zetsu-San

He should have gone to prison, theres no excuse for stabbing someone 12 times. Thats murder.

When your adrenaline is going, it's hard to notice what you are even doing. Also, 12 times is nothing. A lot of people don't even realize they are being stabbed until it's happened multiple times.

This was most definitely murder and the bully (who was most likely deserving of some punishment/therapy etc) still shouldn't have died this way. The kid who was getting. Bullied should NOT have gotten off with no consequences. It's not completely black and white

What they were doing goes above and beyond "bullying". They were actually physically assaulting him, knocking him down flights of stairs, breaking his apartment door, and so on.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#210  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@zetsumoto: ahhh. Well the article wouldn't show up on my mobile so....it appeas I put my foot in my mouth. It's understandable that he'd be worried for his life. I don't feel that he should get off with nothing though. Maybe a stay a facility where doctors can try to help him.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to know if he continued to stab the other kid after he went down and was no longer a threat, that would be murder. If someone is assaulting you and you think they might kill you then you really don't have the option of giving him a couple of little superficial stab wounds, that's just going to make sure he's entirely enraged and increases your likelihood of being killed. If you stab once you then you really have to keep stabbing until your attacker goes down. If it takes 12 stabs to be sure you've neutralized the threat to your life then 12 stabs are justified.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What most of you are forgetting is that the victim of bullying that killed his bully was a kid. As such, the law is very differently read in any crimes he commits. If an adult would do the same he should go to jail, however, an adult can get assistance from the police.

Bullying is a huge issue cuz it allows people to be victims without having any way to defend themselves legally. You cannot jail a bully, you cannot physically punish him under the law. There are no repercussions for bullies.

There was no murder here. It was self defense and the kid should walk free.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was 5 years ago

Now he has to live with it for the rest of his life knowing that he killed someone, sad. It was probably a self-defense and he didn't know what he was doing.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It's not like the bully had a weapon on him. If he did, the victim would have a good reason to kill him in self-defense.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By slimj87d

This case is very complicated. Did the follow up with what happened to him?

Did he get off wit murder but also was admitted to a insane asylum? It's not like insane asylums are a vacation. You get medicated and secretly abused by the staff.

But if he was bullied, I can see a insanity plea go through if he was bullied for years and became mentally unstable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh Florida

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju said:

When your adrenaline is going, it's hard to notice what you are even doing. Also, 12 times is nothing. A lot of people don't even realize they are being stabbed until it's happened multiple times.

@avenging_x_bolt said:

What they were doing goes above and beyond "bullying". They were actually physically assaulting him, knocking him down flights of stairs, breaking his apartment door, and so on.

@zetsumoto: ahhh. Well the article wouldn't show up on my mobile so....it appeas I put my foot in my mouth. It's understandable that he'd be worried for his life. I don't feel that he should get off with nothing though. Maybe a stay a facility where doctors can try to help him.

@xaosxaos said:

Well... Can't read the article, but got another one.here.

If this is this one, I will point out that everybody failed at this point : parents, teachers, police, administration... EVERYBODY.

Whatever, to say that I don't like bully is an understatement. You can really mess people head with that, and most of them think they won't have zero consequence for that and that's quite a shame...

The article posted by Xaosxaos detailed a case in the Bronx. The Bronx is not in Florida.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Prossor_Kobras

Also, people keep referring to the kid as having "snapped".

Perhaps I'm misreading what they're saying, but snapped implies that the kid entered a rage and lost his mind.

I highly doubt it. Seems a lot more likely that the response was fear-based, not anger.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wounded animals can be aggressive and savage. We're not that different. Back someone into a corner (physically and metaphorically) and it's your fault when they lunge for your throat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it was excessive, but I have a hard time sympathizing with bullies to care for them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 anthp2000  Moderator

Murder cannot be justified no matter what. However, it's very possible for people including me to sympathize with the kid in this situation.

It's society's fault.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once hit a kid with a math book in the face cuz he was bullying me.

This is a bit... much.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. If you're going to go out of your way to harass someone, you deserve whatever you get.