• 60 results
Avatar image for dean-winchester
Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Jon Jones vs Francis Ngannou (38 votes)

Jon Jones dethrones him. 66%
Francis Ngannou oneshots him. 34%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A dream match for anyone who follows UFC. It would be a hell of a fight (maybe the best in the UFC) but many are on Ngannou's side due to what Jones did outside the rings... which I think is a joke because that doesn't limit the guy's technique inside the ring. He would mutilate Ngannou with elbows, knees, etc, he has a bigger repertoire, in my opinion.

• 
kxngcrooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very difficult for this fight to happen simply because of Dana... if Gregor asked, he'd let me... and it's funny because Gregor doesn't come close to Ngannou or Jones. Dana loves trash talking, that's why.

kxngcrooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Francis though.

Detail that I spoke about Lewis but yesterday I ended up watching a hilarious video of the times he was taken down and suddenly it seemed like he said, enough of the ground I'm going to get up and he just did it. I even looked in my history but it looks like the UFC blocked it for unauthorized reproduction of event content... I got a shit face. As for Ngannou's preparation, don't forget that the American managed to impose a wrestling game aimed at undermining the Cameroonian and was successful, even though he took some bombs that rocked him in the process. My point about Jones is; Could he do the same without having heavy hands to set up a takedown? Overeem tried to use his hands to take him down and took one of the most brutal knockouts in the UFC. OK, his chin wasn't so reliable anymore but Ngannou has already laid down too many people for us to think that was all.

Ilyas97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ilyas97

Francis ducked lmao..

And he was released by the UFC. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10061742-dana-white-francis-ngannou-will-be-released-by-ufc-after-rejecting-contract-offer

Dill4Billz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dill4Billz

Francis did not duck jones anyone who believes that is a casual Francis left due to ufc Dana white incompetence to negotiate a fair contract which was not only about the money. I think Francis just wants to box. and as far as Jon jones, he couldn’t KO reyes and reyes would get slept by less than francis. More than likely Ngannou KO’s no chin Jon jones but we’ll never know. If Ciryl Gane vs jon actually happens gane is going to murder him, that’s why I don’t believe this fight will happen either.

Cambatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jon Jones wants to get in the ring against Ngannou, he's the same guy who twice dominated Cormier, currently cited as a possible real threat to the current champion, without a doubt, I'd bet on Bones. What he will need to improve on is how to deal with bigger wingspans which is notably a callus on his shoe but Ngannou is the underdog here and not Jones.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Big text coming in.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jones actually stopped when he was super young in 2015. That performance against Cormier there was technique vs strength and he took down a wrestling heavyweight because he dropped to 93. But Jones dropped the level absurdly off that Miocic evolved and Ngannou too. Miocic for me wins over Jones because he's tall and the rebound is slender, a style that kills Jones. You end up noting that from 2016 until now Cormier was beating the guy, now GSP in a very loud performance, Jones is addicted it was kind of Tyson that nobody saw the most for drugs and drinks. I think Jones doesn't have such good takedown timing, but he literally couldn't do it against Smith and Marreta. I thought it was arrogance, as Reys really got lost in attempts. Ngannou is hungry with an abnormal will equal to his brute strength. The Predator will touch him he asked for more money because he saw the possibility of real defeat. He was sera if I can handle this hand when you fight a guy like that his tendency is to repeat llo Ngannou defending takedown and evolving in 6 months or even 4 Jones saw shit and said this guy can beat me. Jones started his peak nobody remembers more at 21 he already amazed the uf UFC at that time it was rare for someone to be at his peak in the UFC and Jones had 1 year of MMA training... at 23 I, as always a researcher, saw Wanderlei and Rafael talking will be the challenge huge only Shogun even in the future, Rafael said; he is at 20% of his potential in fact the master knew that Jones was unstoppable he wanted to value his student... so drugs, scandals, etc, Jones stopped in 2015 it was about 6 years or 8 of peak which is actually normal right . He was and still is very young for MMA but nobody knows how much his life outside the octagon influenced him. But for me, his peak passed some time ago. At its peak, he saw Smith and Marreta on the same day, giving a show. Heavyweight division is weak for me, me Ngannou and Miocic have big chances for clear reasons. Miocic the game was calmer despite thinking that Jones would lose. Ngannou... I think he left in the ambulance he saw that. About peak, Tyson was champion at 20 to 24 already lost the title that is 24 years super at the peak of age was not the same.

SORRY FOR GRAMMAR. I'm on phone.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dill4billz: Cyril Gane murdering Jon Jones? Unpopular opinion eh?

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: Jones wasn't lucky enough to have a McGregor in his division, lucky Khabib was and now he retired undefeated with full pockets without many belt defenses and without ever challenging GSP or Usman who blurred for him!

but yea if you wrote this on phone, you deserve an Pulitzer

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mind keeps replaying this Vision of Francis Ngannou catching Jon Jones coming in with something Mean and it just drops Jones like a Sack of Potatoes. Not sure it would happen but Francis Power is something different than what Jones is used to at LHW.

Dill4Billz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dill4Billz

@dean-winchester: bro JJ has no chin and has never been hit as hard by a true heavyweight knock out artist. Ngannou is the guy who KOs the heavyweights KOing other heavyweights. Jones and his greco roman wrestling is not keeping francis down and all his fancy strikings gets nullified by fear of getting KO.

Goldpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dill4billz: It's happening with Jon Jones what they did with Anderson. At the height of Jones they wanted to put him to fight with Anderson already in decline. Jones had to fight a top 5 on HW and look there... just to make money anyway. This fight he has more to lose than to gain, he is already considered by many as the best of all time... Ngannou is considered what? He is nothing next to Jones. Cry more there.

Goldpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Jones is a very brave gladiator, he showed that in the fight against Gustafssonn, he doesn't give up, he was born with a talent for fighting and has plenty of experience (10 years reigning at 93 kg). Jones is lifting a weight of 300 kg so it's already clear with that that the intention is to throw Francis on the ground and put his elbows, open the wound, make him tired, as Jones said he has fight IQ, I see Jones with about 20 % chance, if he makes it past the 2nd round the chances increase apart from the kicks he gives must hurt a lot, he's kicking a lot, a kick like that in the head knocks anyone... anyone...

Goldpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT: Ngannou gets the Cormier treatment

Dill4Billz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dill4Billz

@goldpool: lol Anderson Silva would get slept too.. Francis is just another class. Bro is known for KOing the best of Heavyweights hitting harder than even Mike Tyson. DC is not a KO artist or as strong as Ngannou so jones won’t be giving any treatments. He gets a trip to the shadow realm buddy

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd bet on Bones against anyone in the UFC.

Goldpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldpool: Jones didn't lose to Reyes anyway. These kids watch a 1/3 of highlights on YouTube where the guys (malicious or not) put only parts that favor Reyes to give the impression that he won. There's a time when Jones disconnects him, which is what guaranteed his victory

Jones would demolish Silva in 2012, age and stamina were different. Both at their peak and Silva would blow him away though, However, the Ngannou and Dana altercation. This is going to be a long soap opera like GSP against Anderson Silva or the rumors of Fedor fighting in the UFC

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Francis 100% ducked the shit out of this match.

He was offered 8 million dollars. But, if he loses this fight all of his boxing contracts go away so he wanted more.

Francis is one of the worst champs UFC had.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dill4billz: And at 84 he was terrible, he had a structure of 93 and he didn't fight (he fought and won, put on a show with a former champion, this over there, this here) oh, he stopped making weight at 84, he even hit 82, total ectomorph... Romero is a total monster who fights at 84 and nobody gives a shit. Man, Aldo lost to McGregor and here he turned into nothing, he was 29 or 28 and was already considered old... holy shit... there are things that are really hard to read. Can you even not like Jones and his personality, but as a fighter? Genius, a rare specimen born 15 years before his time. You can see that in all his fights, he impresses his opponents with his unimaginable techniques. Tyson also has a very hated way, he has been called manic, depressive, psychopath etc but he was a monster in his prime, I look at Tyson and see a superhuman with immense power that fell into the wrong hands. Just that

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably would’ve been Bones

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: I'm really surprised Jones winning. Might as well be the best UFC Fighter of all time along with GSP?

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Jones wins by going the distance or Francis KOs him. The former is more likely to happen.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning Ngannou, Jones last few performances haven't been very good, and not fighting for 3 years then moving up a division can hinder him a lot. GSP managed to do it, but even in his fight against Bisping, he was struggling a lot.

Also this narrative that Dana is pushing of Ngannou "ducking" Jones is hilarious, he's just not willing to treat his fighters properly, he even said Jones was ducking back when he wasn't happy with his pay a few years back, and now he's praising Jones.

hanekawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hanekawa

@dean-winchester: apart from that he showed a good evolution and takedown defense. If not brilliant, it served to stop the champion. Jones needs to gain weight to fight at heavyweight; Ngannou needs to lose. Taking down an opponent in these conditions who has shown he knows how to defend takedowns is very difficult. And in terms of takedowns, I don't know if JJ would do better than Miocic in this category. Barely comparing with Adesanya who in his original category defended takedowns well but Jan took him down when he wanted to. And I think the reverse will happen the same way. Not to mention the low kicks that Francis can land on those little shins and leave Jones immobile if he adopts this strategy. I think it's not the fear of being beaten, but the fear of losing the first fight in the new division and being thrown down there, having to take refuge in the original division, just like what happened to Israel

hanekawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not even jones wants a ngannou bomb it's just a bad idea

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dana is truly unbelievable. You may or may not like JJ outside the octagon but it's just a fact that the guy cleared the toughest division in MMA and at the toughest time as well. He never ran away from challenges (like AS for example) and today's light heavyweight team is not even a shadow of what it was when JJ passed the car on everyone and if he faces Ngannou even though I think it's going to be a tough fight, I'll put it my chips on JJ. Much more fighter, smarter and more complex. Fighter IQ he has much more than Francis

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jones actually stopped when he was super young in 2015. That performance against Cormier there was technique vs strength and he took down a wrestling heavyweight because he dropped to 93. But Jones dropped the level absurdly off that Miocic evolved and Ngannou too. Miocic for me wins over Jones because he's tall and the rebound is slender, a style that kills Jones. You end up noting that from 2016 until now Cormier was beating the guy, now GSP in a very loud performance, Jones is addicted it was kind of Tyson that nobody saw the most for drugs and drinks. I think Jones doesn't have such good takedown timing, but he literally couldn't do it against Smith and Marreta. I thought it was arrogance, as Reys really got lost in attempts. Ngannou is hungry with an abnormal will equal to his brute strength. The Predator will touch him he asked for more money because he saw the possibility of real defeat. He was sera if I can handle this hand when you fight a guy like that his tendency is to repeat llo Ngannou defending takedown and evolving in 6 months or even 4 Jones saw shit and said this guy can beat me. Jones started his peak nobody remembers more at 21 he already amazed the uf UFC at that time it was rare for someone to be at his peak in the UFC and Jones had 1 year of MMA training... at 23 I, as always a researcher, saw Wanderlei and Rafael talking will be the challenge huge only Shogun even in the future, Rafael said; he is at 20% of his potential in fact the master knew that Jones was unstoppable he wanted to value his student... so drugs, scandals, etc, Jones stopped in 2015 it was about 6 years or 8 of peak which is actually normal right . He was and still is very young for MMA but nobody knows how much his life outside the octagon influenced him. But for me, his peak passed some time ago. At its peak, he saw Smith and Marreta on the same day, giving a show. Heavyweight division is weak for me, me Ngannou and Miocic have big chances for clear reasons. Miocic the game was calmer despite thinking that Jones would lose. Ngannou... I think he left in the ambulance he saw that. About peak, Tyson was champion at 20 to 24 already lost the title that is 24 years super at the peak of age was not the same.

SORRY FOR GRAMMAR. I'm on phone.

👏👏

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Jones 7.8/10.

Let's put it like this, Ngannou is still the UFC Champion and instead of Gane, Jones will fight him. Finally.

I was thinking maybe it's not time for Jones to fight Ngannou both have a lot to lose if they lose. Ngannou just won the dreamed belt, imagine if he ridiculously loses to Jones in the first defense? Being taken down, rain of elbows, mounted, giving the back really taking a rear naked choke from Jones... how was it going to be afterwards? All the hype he had goes down the drain in an instant. Now imagine the opposite, if Jon Jones loses with a lightning knockout like what happened to Miocic, it will look ugly for him, he will be ridiculed, he will lose his aura of invincibility and he will be pressured to return to the 93 kg category. The ideal thing would be for Ngannou to get used to the position of champion, to make his defenses with those who are already in line ah longer while Jones takes 2 or 3 heavyweights to see how he feels and then yes, if both stand out let them do it the long awaited fight

But then, Ngannou left of UFC.

And honestly. does anyone think that in their right mind Jones will be afraid of anyone???? He posted a video on his YouTube channel, a thief was trying to break into his house, he took the thief's gun and ran after the thief and hit the thief... which other UFC Fighter did this???? None

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dill4billz: Better to read shit like that than to be blind. Gane is a great striker, but he was demolished when Ngannou landed wrestling takedowns on him. Ngannou WWE'd the shit outta Gane. Jones did the same thing however with Cormier who is an AKA wrestler. Belfort tried to armbar him and it wasn't very successful, etc. If Jones come determined and dont underestimate Gane, Jones manhandles him.

s44s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By s44s

Ngannou was injured in that fight and still outpowered gane who is physically stronger and more athletic than JJ. Healthy Ngannou KOs Monsters like Overeem, Blaydes, and Stipe. DC doesn’t have that type of power and JJ couldn’t KO Reyes. The way I see it all it take is one hit for Francis while Jones struggles the whole fight to get a good takedown and hopefully keep Francis there which is unlikely if JJ could barely hold DC/Reyes and Francis is much stronger and more explosive.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dean-Winchester

@mxy: "does anyone think that in their right mind Jones will be afraid of anyone????"

Every fighter is afraid, who thinks he's not traveling. Top fighters train a lot to feel confident in all areas and reduce that feeling of fear that comes before going out on a fight against the opponent, especially if he offers a real challenge/difficulty. The fears are many, fear of losing the legacy, fear of humiliating defeat, of being taken away for nothing and that fear of being beaten does exist. From professional to professional. There is no worse nightmare for a dominant and self-confident fighter used to winning than facing an opponent he knows is superior to him physically and who doesn't need a refined technique to take him out of the octagon for nothing. Knowing that years of training, natural talent, non-human skills are not enough to overcome the opponent's physical strength, speed and power are difficult to process even more when the champion is vain, proud, these are the ones who feel the most fear, the first of them is that to admit this feeling. But there is a class of fighters who fight for pleasure and not for legacy, they like to test themselves and are not so concerned with the final result of the fight, but with delivering a good fight, giving up only as a last resort. These are afraid but it is a much lesser fear than the first ones. Examples of fighters like this; Dan Henderson, Luiz Azeredo, Igor Vovchanchin, José Pelé Landy and a bunch more that I can't remember right now

The fear of losing goes far beyond getting hit in the face. Those who are afraid of this do not fight. But the fear of the consequences of a defeat is real and as you said very well, it can affect performance from the psychological side.

Dill4Billz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dill4Billz

@mxy: To be fair no one expected Francis to start using wrestling moves and he is stronger than Jones. Gane will be expecting takedowns here, so him getting put on his back won’t be easy task. But if it happens, I agree Jones winning the fight is likely mainly due to the wrestling advantage.

Dean-Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s44s: From dominant champion going up to test himself, we had BJ Penn who was crazy, who just wanted a challenge and nothing else, even Lyoto faced Anderson. The rest had more to gain than to lose by going up. Cormier would always stay in the shadow of Jones and the rest was all without legacy as a consolidated champion.

However, some users here are fuckery. Bury any history of anyone when they start to lose... age gets to everyone, the sport evolves, at some point everyone studies John Doe's game to beat him... and that just proves how badass John Doe are... to do that person wasting their time with it... mainly on MMA... Aldo killed, AS, Lyoto, Shogum, Wand, Minota... all of those... all with awesome stories in MMA. The greatest champions of their times. I'm almost burying Jon Jones... and when you go see the gringos, everyone idolizes these fighters...

And one thing, Jones never lost!!! Sledgehammer and Reyes came close but in the end the judge didn't lift their arm... At 23, Jones had 2 years of MMA and destroyed a Shogun at his peak, Jones is incredible. Anderson was a movie fighter, video game, Matrix, remember what it was like? The guy was too different.

Miocic, Volkov, Blaydes and co are all about size... and if size were any shit, a sumo wrestler would beat a ninja... which we all know isn't true... all these guys do is try towing someone... they only have punches and some kicks... all these 3 close to Jones, Jones alone has more technique than the 3... any of these guys against Jones and these guys would leave with their little eyebrows torn apart afterwards of a nice rotating elbow! Do you know what I wish them? Good luck.

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dean-winchester: YOU ARE UTTERLY RIGHT. Psychological fear stands above all.

About the hypothetical Jones vs. Spider fight, the style didn't favor Spider but by the name of the 2 at the time it would be the greatest fight of all time

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dean-winchester: And many here, many, said that Spider's generation was shit... which was a bloody fucking lie! They spoke of the hyperultramegageneration that had Jacaré, Romero, Weidman, Luke and co... Jaca and Romero were not champions... Weidman has been there aimlessly for a long time... and to close, Luke was knocked out by Belfort, knocked out beautifully by Spider and was knocked out by Bisping at the end of his career, who at the time of Spider never came close to a title shot. Bisping was champion in that fuck generation and some darlings still suck their thumbs. So this fucking generation fell apart for the fanatics who thought that. And another cool thing, not a single soul was talking about Whitaker... nobody... the guy came and ran over everyone and that generation has passed

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dill4billz: Exactly man, but still it happened. Regarding Jones, But doping is a strong stain even more so after his confession of hiding from the NSAC

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: A better fight here might be to put Jones and Tyson against each other in a sniff off.

No Caption Provided

GlGACHAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

DjMasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DjMasta

Francis wins, and rather easily. JJ has no chin and Ngannou hands are made of stone. I also think the reason Francis left UFC was cause Daddy Dana wanna Francis to lose to Jones. Some matches be WWE Just think about it. No way Cyril Gane lose that easy,

Avatar image for deactivated-64bd7f848e3a5
deactivated-64bd7f848e3a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Jones

NextBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Francis either uppercuts Jones to oblivion or gets put to sleep because I'm sorry but his wrestling is absolutely lackluster. I can definetly see JJ taking it to the floor and overwhelming him. Its not gonna be easy as FN hes heavier. Wrestling is the only way how to prevent his knees from being kicked into shit or to prevent FN from outstriking him.