Lol, 2Pac got him in all 5

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

• Seriously Bruh?...Just no.
  • Joey Badass is dope but he aint on Pacs levels yet, not even close.
Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Serious, ever since Joey made the statement that he could beat 2pac it's been on my mind because pac is great lyricist but whose not to say that Joey he is coming close or he's going to get there.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jumpstart55

@staticdwanyemcduffie said:
@jumpstart55 said:

Serious, ever since Joey made the statement that he could beat 2pac it's been on my mind because pac is great lyricist but whose not to say that Joey he is coming close or he's going to get there.

• He just said that becuase hes a competitive MC...You gotta think your best if you want to beat the best.
  • But right now at this stage he aint even close to Pac as a song witter and overall musician..I dont want to say lyricist becuase when people hear that word they think of rhyme scheme,punchlines and dense big word play...I,m referring to the ability to make a great song that jells immensely well (almost like a narrative) and touches people in a profound way...Joey isnt anywhere near Pac in that regard..Maybe in the future but not right now.
Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jumpstart55 said:

• He just said that becuase hes a competitive MC...You gotta you think your best if you want to beat the best.
  • But right now at this stage he aint even close to Pac as a song witter and overall musician..I dont want to say lyricist becuase when people hear that word they think of rhyme scheme,punchlines and dense big word play...I,m referring to the ability to make a great song that jells immensely well and touches people in a profound way...Joey isnt anywhere near Pac in that regard..Maybe in the future but not right now.

I guess that is another way think of it but bar for bar I think Joey defintely has potiental it's not crazy, where I think 2pac shined is what is said in his songs also outside of music in is social commentary and he presented also helped that his father was a black panther even though he wasn't there for him. 2pac debut album will always be one of my favorite albums.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jumpstart55

@jumpstart55 said:
@jumpstart55 said:

• He just said that becuase hes a competitive MC...You gotta you think your best if you want to beat the best.
  • But right now at this stage he aint even close to Pac as a song witter and overall musician..I dont want to say lyricist becuase when people hear that word they think of rhyme scheme,punchlines and dense big word play...I,m referring to the ability to make a great song that jells immensely well and touches people in a profound way...Joey isnt anywhere near Pac in that regard..Maybe in the future but not right now.

I guess that is another way think of it but bar for bar I think Joey defintely has potiental it's not crazy, where I think 2pac shined is what is said in his songs also outside of music in is social commentary and he presented also helped that his father was a black panther even though he wasn't there for him. 2pac debut album will always be one of my favorite albums.

Yea he has the potential...But i doubt he has the talent to amass the same public appeal as Pac while alive...Joey dosent strike me as a Rapper thats ever going to be that well known...His sound is too narrow and raw...He lacks that Kendrick and J-Cole quality of switching up...Not saying he isnt as good, its just his ability to adapt to different beats,make catchy songs and change up his flow that has me questiong his popularity potential...Chance the rapper has that quality, And i project he might go alot further then Joey becuase of that.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly Joey is a superior MC, obviously his discography doesn't compare with Tupac's though. People need to realize that your influence and popularity isn't a direct correlation with your talent. Nicki Minaj is arguably the greatest female rapper ever, but girls like rhapsody and Jean Grae have her beat as a lyricist.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

2Pac is the superior artist by a country mile. Joey maybe a better lyricist but he shouldn't be compared to Pac as an actual artist, not yet at least.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By laflux

2Pac is the superior artist by a country mile. Joey maybe a better lyricist but he shouldn't be compared to Pac as an actual artist, not yet at least.

basicially