Jeff Horn defeats Manny Pacquiao for the HBO Welterweight Championship

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sync1

Jeff Horn has just dethroned the champ Pacquiao for the Welterweight championship, 117-111 , and 115-113 twice, all for Horn. Thoughts? :)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Was Total Bullcrap

Manny Pacquiao beat Jeff Horn via Unanimous Decision... Whoever Judged That Fight And Saw It 115 - 113 For Jeff Horn Is Either Lying His / Her Ass Off Or They Was Paid Off.

Stuff Like This Is Why Boxing Is Dying.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sounds like Manny is often screwed over; this was the situation in the first Bradley fight, too.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sync1

@dshipp17: @king_saturn: Manny was consistently moving backwards, and was trying to counter Jeff's power shots (he looked like he was trying to knock Manny out). At one point Manny was bleeding profusely and Horn was landing massive blows to his cuts. To me it looked like Manny was getting beat up. I thought Manny's experienced showed tho; good head movement, counter shots over the top, picking and choosing his shots. But IMO, those countershots weren't as effective as Horn's consistent aggression. Constantly making Manny move back, throwing Manny to the floor, and being the first one to throw the punch in most of the exchanges (and not single shots either, Horn was landing 3 punch combos everytime). Also everytime Manny tried to fight in the pocket, Jeff would clinch Manny and land multiple body shots and shots to the head (i personally think dirty boxing is for pussies). I think Manny should've been more aggressive... and I definitely think Horn won.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

@dshipp17: @king_saturn: Manny was consistently moving backwards, and was trying to counter Jeff's power shots (he looked like he was trying to knock Manny out). At one point Manny was bleeding profusely and Horn was landing massive blows to his cuts. To me it looked like Manny was getting beat up. I thought Manny's experienced showed tho; good head movement, counter shots over the top, picking and choosing his shots. But IMO, those countershots weren't as effective as Horn's consistent aggression. Constantly making Manny move back, throwing Manny to the floor, and being the first one to throw the punch in most of the exchanges (and not single shots either, Horn was landing 3 punch combos everytime). I think Manny should've been more aggressive... and I definitely think Horn won.

This Is Ridiculous

Pacquiao Literally Doubled Horn's Punches Landed 182 - 92. That's Not Including The Fact Pac Man Had Horn Nearly Out In The 9th Round. Yeah, Horn Had Pacquiao Bleeding From Headbutts, Not Clean Shots. There Is No Way We Could Have Been Watching The Same Fight.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Never read the stats, did Manny seriously out land him that badly? Wow. It sure didn't look that way lol. I'm sure it was the power shots and dirty boxing that did Manny in tho.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Volume means nothing if your opponent is hitting you harder though

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@king_saturn: Volume means nothing if your opponent is hitting you harder though

I agree with this statement, I barely noticed Manny was hitting Jeff that much. I was too busy being in shock over how hard Jeff just punched Manny lol!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

@king_saturn: Never read the stats, did Manny seriously out land him that badly? Wow. It sure didn't look that way lol. I'm sure it was the power shots and dirty boxing that did Manny in tho.

Yes... It Was Lopsided. The Reason It Looked Close Is Because Horn Threw A Lot Of Stuff But It Was Not Landing Clean. Well Apparently Those Judges Thought So But No One Else Really Did. Teddy Atlas To Essentially Everyone At The ESPN Boxing Staff Is Saying Pacquiao Was Robbed. They Saw The Same Fight I Did. I Saw Pacquiao Landing More Clean Shots.

@kgb725 said:

Pacquiao Nearly Had Horn Out In The 9th Round. Horn Never Really Had Pacquiao Hurt With Clean Shots. It Was The Headbutts That Caused The Damage To Pacquiao For The Most Part.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for Horn. I don't follow boxing, but after seeing Manny, I didn't think many were a good matchup.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sync1

@king_saturn: I mean i personally thought the commentators were robbing Jeff xD I don't watch boxing at all so i'm not sure who won this on a technical scale (i'm personally an MMA guy myself). But what i know for sure is Jeff was constantly moving forward, controlling the ring and pace of the fight, and putting serious power in his 1 2's, most of which landed straight down the middle. Whereas from what i saw, Manny was backing up and trying to counter Jeff's punches with counter TAPS (which i barely noticed. I remember seeing nasty body shots from Pacquiao tho, which was pretty nostalgic and reminded me of his younger self). From a spectator's point of view, I PERSONALLY thought Jeff won, and was surprised that he actually won, because i thought they were gonna give it to Manny because of the counter punches lol. Some mayweather bullshit if you ask me ;)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

@king_saturn: I mean i personally thought the commentators were robbing Jeff xD I don't watch boxing at all so i'm not sure who won this on a technical scale (i'm personally an MMA guy myself). But what i know for sure is Jeff was constantly moving forward, controlling the ring and pace of the fight, and putting serious power in his 1 2's, most of which landed straight down the middle. Whereas from what i saw, Manny was backing up and trying to counter Jeff's punches (which i barely noticed. I remember seeing nasty body shots from Pacquiao tho, which was pretty nostalgic and reminded me of his younger self). From a spectator's point of view, I PERSONALLY thought Jeff won, and was surprised that he actually won, because i thought they were gonna give it to Manny because of the counter punches lol. Some mayweather bullshit if you ask me ;)

Nah, Horn Was Coming In With Looping Shots, It Was Those Headbutts That Did Most Of The Damage To Pacquiao. The Only Time The Fight Was Even Close To Being Stopped Was In The 9th Round When Pacquiao Was Wopping Horn With Solid Punches. Horn Never Had Pacquiao In Trouble With His Blows Because He Was Missing Too Many Shots. Horn Was Not Landing Many 1-2's Because He Only Landing 92 Punches Total. That's Like 8 Punches Landed Per Round. Horn Was Aggressive... But He Never Had Manny In Trouble Or Clearly Outpunched Manny In Terms Of Clean Punches. I Never Heard Of A Guy Winning A Fight Who Landed On Only 15 Percent Of His Punches Not Ever Landing 100 Total Punches. That's New.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Damn thats true tho i see what you're saying. I didn't realize the land rate was so low. With those kind of stats, i'd have to agree that Pacquiao shouldve won... But hey, isnt boxing notorious for being rigged? Haha. nah but Horn was definitely the aggressor, and that combined with dirty boxing is what i'm assuming the judges based their decision off of. Although i do admit, landing such little shots, power shots or not, should not be able to win so decisively. Lol oh well, on to UFC a.k.a the future :)

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Yeah it's ridiculous. Based off the stats alone, Manny should have won. This is all really sad. I love watching boxing but the rigging and the refs/judges piss me off a hella lot. Would've been nice seeing the kid losing a match in his own town. XD I don't think anyone would let that happen though.

Screw it though. Everyone knows Manny won and that's good enough for me.

#PacmanFTW

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't watch the fight, because I forgot about it and I also did not know that it was on ESPN. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if it was another robbery similar to Pacquaio vs Bradley I. Manny outlanded that guy by double and from what I read that cut on Manny's head was due to a headbutt.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It had to be rigged, that's the only reasonable explanation. No way, where those Judges watching the same match that I was.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spambot

This is why I can't help but laugh when people say that MW-McGregor is somehow demeaning the sport of boxing. Their judges do it for them every few years by giving decisions like these on fights they are being paid to fairly judge. They should all be fired if boxing had any integrity whatsoever but sadly it doesn't and I doubt any punishment will be handed out. Second time for Manny.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

No way was it rigged.

Jeff Horn won a very close fight. Those screaming robbery are the same people who picked Manny as the winner before the fight began.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way was it rigged.

Jeff Horn won a very close fight. Those screaming robbery are the same people who picked Manny as the winner before the fight began.

Check Out This Video Of The Punch Count Of The Fight. If You Still Think It's Close After Watching This. Please Explain.

Loading Video...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

No way was it rigged.

Check Out This Video Of The Punch Count Of The Fight. If You Still Think It's Close After Watching This. Please Explain.

Loading Video...

Lmao, people use the same garbage, biased type of videos to justify why Manny beat Floyd.

The same guy made this video, he has a fanatical devotion to Pacquiao:

Loading Video...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By King_Saturn

@comicstooge said:
@king_saturn said:
@comicstooge said:

No way was it rigged.

Loading Video...

Lmao, people use the same garbage, biased type of videos to justify why Manny beat Floyd.

The same guy made this video, he has a fanatical devotion to Pacquiao:

Loading Video...

So You Did Not Watch The Video. You Just Dismiss It Because The Dude Is A Pacquiao Fan ? How Wonderful Of An Argument To Show Jeff Horn Had A Close Fight With Pacquiao.

If You Watched The Video You Would See That The Video Has The Punches Landed At Pacquiao 144 - Horn 85. That's Compared To ESPN Which Had It Pacquiao 182 Horn 92. Now Why Would Such A Pacquiao Fanatic Have The Punch Stats At A Closer Range Of Margin Than ESPN Who Showed The Fight If He Is Just Fudging The Tape ?

:P

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So You Did Not Watch The Video. You Just Dismiss It Because The Dude Is A Pacquiao Fan ? How Wonderful Of An Argument To Show Jeff Horn Had A Close Fight With Pacquiao.

I'm demonstrating how that guy has an insane Pacquiao bias. That video isn't genuine, hard evidence of anything.

Horn repeatedly roughed Pacquiao up, landed hard shots in a lion's share of the fight and repeatedly split Manny's guard with strikes that weren't counted because CompuBox is a flawed system.

If You Watched The Video You Would See That The Video Has The Punches Landed At Pacquiao 144 - Horn 85. That's Compared To ESPN Which Had It Pacquiao 182 Horn 92. Now Why Would Such A Pacquiao Fanatic Have The Punch Stats At A Closer Range Of Margin Than ESPN Who Showed The Fight If He Is Just Fudging The Tape ?

Because boxing is scored round by round. Horn, across more rounds, landed harder shots, pushed the pace and roughed Manny up. Manny landed a lot of punches in the rounds he did win, but boxing is scored round by round. Jeff had a more consistent effort throughout and edged out a majority of the rounds.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn

@comicstooge said:
@king_saturn said:

I'm demonstrating how that guy has an insane Pacquiao bias. That video isn't genuine, hard evidence of anything.

Horn repeatedly roughed Pacquiao up, landed hard shots in a lion's share of the fight and repeatedly split Manny's guard with strikes that weren't counted because CompuBox is a flawed system.

@king_saturn said:

Because boxing is scored round by round. Horn, across more rounds, landed harder shots, pushed the pace and roughed Manny up. Manny landed a lot of punches in the rounds he did win, but boxing is scored round by round. Jeff had a more consistent effort throughout and edged out a majority of the rounds.

1. Having A Favorite Fighter Does Not Mean He Can Not Accurately Show The Punches Landed Of A Fight For That Fighter. That's Like Saying Someone Who Is A Lebron James Fanatic Can't Show You His Greatness Using Footage And Stats. How Do You Know The Video Is Not Genuine ? Based On What ? I Gave You The Punches Stats That ESPN Had Compared To What The Video Stats That Was Shown. ESPN Had Pacquiao Landing Even More Punches On Horn Than What This Video Had. The Video Is Genuine Of Showing That Pac Man Landed More Clean Shots On Horn. That Is Key.

Right, Now Did You Watch The Video Yet ? Did You See How The Video Was Counting The Strikes That Horn Landed Splitting The Guard ? CompuBox May Not Be Perfect But It's A Decent Indicator To Show Accuracy Of Punches Landed And Thrown. It Even Has Pacquiao Winning The Power Shots Landed By 50 Punches Against Horn. 123 - 73.

2. Right, So How Is It Everyone From Teddy Atlas To Stephen A Smith To Timothy Bradley Who Was Watching The Fight As Well As A Majority Of Others Scored The Fight For Pacquiao ? How Is It Round By Round That They Thought Pacquiao Was Winning ? Why On Earth Did So Many People Think That Pacquiao Was Robbed Once Again ? Why Should Your Opinion Ride Above The Evidence That Is Presented ?

EDIT : Round By Round, Pacquiao Actually Had The Higher Total In Punches Landed On Horn Except In One Round According The ESPN And This Video. So Again, Round By Round Pac Man Should Have Been Ahead On The Cards.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge said:
@king_saturn said:

@king_saturn said:

1. Having A Favorite Fighter Does Not Mean He Can Not Accurately Show The Punches Landed Of A Fight For That Fighter. That's Like Saying Someone Who Is A Lebron James Fanatic Can't Show You His Greatness Using Footage And Stats. How Do You Know The Video Is Not Genuine ? Based On What ? I Gave You The Punches Stats That ESPN Had Compared To What The Video Stats That Was Shown. ESPN Had Pacquiao Landing Even More Punches On Horn Than What This Video Had. The Video Is Genuine Of Showing That Pac Man Landed More Clean Shots On Horn. That Is Key.

Right, Now Did You Watch The Video Yet ? Did You See How The Video Was Counting The Strikes That Horn Landed Splitting The Guard ? CompuBox May Not Be Perfect But It's A Decent Indicator To Show Accuracy Of Punches Landed And Thrown. It Even Has Pacquiao Winning The Power Shots Landed By 50 Punches Against Horn. 123 - 73.

Because the stats are woefully inaccurate. CompuBox, the stats used by ESPN, are calculated by two dudes pressing buttons when they think a strike has landed.

As far as I'm concerned, that dude's video has zero credibility. He made a video that skewed things so Manny apparently landed double the strikes that Mayweather did against him, but in actual fact Mayweather won the fight very comfortably. He could not have given Manny more than 4 rounds at absolute max.

Moreover, judges don't get CompuBox when they're scoring a fight. They awarded Horn's aggression, the fact that he controlled the pace of the fight in more of the rounds and hurt Pacquiao numerous times. Most of the damage done to Jeff was in round 9 but boxing is scored round by round.

2. Right, So How Is It Everyone From Teddy Atlas To Stephen A Smith To Timothy Bradley Who Was Watching The Fight As Well As A Majority Of Others Scored The Fight For Pacquiao ? How Is It Round By Round That They Thought Pacquiao Was Winning ? Why On Earth Did So Many People Think That Pacquiao Was Robbed Once Again ? Why Should Your Opinion Ride Above The Evidence That Is Presented ?

EDIT : Round By Round, Pacquiao Actually Had The Higher Total In Punches Landed On Horn Except In One Round According The ESPN And This Video. So Again, Round By Round Pac Man Should Have Been Ahead On The Cards.

Because half the people who were covering the fight had Pac the winner before the fight started. Teddy Atlas had the most disgusting and biased commentary. The fact is, the fight was close and could've gone either way but because Pacquaio is a bigger star, people see what they want and are totes outraged their boy lost.

Stephan A Smith is a joke of a journalist, he doesn't know anything about fighting and should go back to talking about Magic Johnson or whoever plays basketball nowadays.

Barry Jones of Box Nation scored it 115-113 Horn and Colonel Bob Sheridan of Main Event scored it a draw with one swing round in round 5. The fight was close but because the more popular guy didn't win people will scream robbery.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Doofasa

The result was definitely debatable, but still a decent stretch from evidence of rigging. Depending on the scorer/officiater a lot of emphasis can be placed on aggression, control of tempo and ring control. All of which Horn was dominant in.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the stats are woefully inaccurate. CompuBox, the stats used by ESPN, are calculated by two dudes pressing buttons when they think a strike has landed.

As far as I'm concerned, that dude's video has zero credibility. He made a video that skewed things so Manny apparently landed double the strikes that Mayweather did against him, but in actual fact Mayweather won the fight very comfortably. He could not have given Manny more than 4 rounds at absolute max.

Moreover, judges don't get CompuBox when they're scoring a fight. They awarded Horn's aggression, the fact that he controlled the pace of the fight in more of the rounds and hurt Pacquiao numerous times. Most of the damage done to Jeff was in round 9 but boxing is scored round by round.

@king_saturn said:

Because half the people who were covering the fight had Pac the winner before the fight started. Teddy Atlas had the most disgusting and biased commentary. The fact is, the fight was close and could've gone either way but because Pacquaio is a bigger star, people see what they want and are totes outraged their boy lost.

Stephan A Smith is a joke of a journalist, he doesn't know anything about fighting and should go back to talking about Magic Johnson or whoever plays basketball nowadays.

Barry Jones of Box Nation scored it 115-113 Horn and Colonel Bob Sheridan of Main Event scored it a draw with one swing round in round 5. The fight was close but because the more popular guy didn't win people will scream robbery.

1. Okay, So Your Position Is CompuBox Had The Stats Woefully Wrong ? Well Lets Look At Some Past Fight Stats Of CompuBox To See How Woefully Inaccurate They Are. You Said That Mayweather Beat Pacquiao Comfortably In Their Fight Right ? Well CompuBox Had The Fight That Way As Well In The Punch Stats. Mayweather - 148 Of 435 To Pacquiao - 81 Of 429. Lets Look At A More Closer Fight Ward - Kovalev 1 On The CompuBox, Kovalev - 126 Of 474 To Ward 116 Of 337. Now Ward / Kovalev Was Considered A Close Fight The First Time And CompuBox Had The Punches Landed Within 10 Between Them Both. Now Lets Look At Bradley - Pacquiao 1, A Fight Several People Said Pacquiao Should Have Won. Pacquiao - 253 Of 751 To Bradley - 159 Of 839. Pacquiao Landed On Nearly 100 More Punches Based On CompuBox And Most People Say That Pac Man Was Robbed There. How About Another Fight ? Here Is One, Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter, Now This Was A Close One On The Cards, Heck Of A Fight Too. CompuBox Had, Thurman - 235 Of 539 To Porter - 236 Of 662. I Am Showing You All This To Make A Point, If CompuBox Is So Inaccurate At Measuring A Fight Via Punch Stats Why Is It So Often That The Fighter With The Superior Stats Favor The Fighter Who Wins Or Should Have Won ? Not Unless You Think Bradley Beat Pacquiao The First Time. When Has CompuBox Ever Had A Fighter Landing Nearly Twice As Many Punches Total ( 182 - 92 ) In A Fight With A Higher Connect Percentage And That Fighter Loses Outside Of Manny Pacquiao ? If You Can Show Stats To Back This Then We Can Discuss Further.

So You Still Have Not Watched The Video ? I Got It, Don't Want To See You Could Have Been In Error With Your Decision ?

What Good Is Aggression If You Are Missing Wildly On Your Power Punches Most Of The Time ? Headbutting ? Clinching Like Crazy. Aggression Is Good When Effective, Not When You Are Just Pushing A Fight And Slugging At Air Over 80 Percent Of The Time.

2. Eh, That's Probably True To Some Extent. Though I Don't Think Timothy Bradley Was Such A Tote And Even He Saw It For Pacquiao. As Far As Teddy Atlas, I Thought He Was Right, Pacquiao Was Landing The Cleaner Shots.

I Aint Arguing With Your On Stephen A. Smith, But Dude Is A Mayweather Fanboy. So Why Would He Scream Robbery For Someone He Is Not A Huge Fan Of ? He Was Trying Horn Pretty Hard Though Earlier.

Well World Boxing News Had It For Pacquiao 116 Horn 111. Sporting News Had It 115 - 112 For Pacquiao. The Guardian Has It 117 - 111 For Pacquiao. I Easily Thought Pacquiao Had 8 Rounds To Horns 4 Rounds. Horn Was Aggressive But Dude Was Missing Like Crazy. CompuBox Backs Up That Claim And Until You Give Me Reason Otherwise To See It As Unreliable. I Don't See Why This Is Not A Robbery Against Pac Man.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

1. Okay, So Your Position Is CompuBox Had The Stats Woefully Wrong ? Well Lets Look At Some Past Fight Stats Of CompuBox To See How Woefully Inaccurate They Are. You Said That Mayweather Beat Pacquiao Comfortably In Their Fight Right ? Well CompuBox Had The Fight That Way As Well In The Punch Stats. Mayweather - 148 Of 435 To Pacquiao - 81 Of 429. Lets Look At A More Closer Fight Ward - Kovalev 1 On The CompuBox, Kovalev - 126 Of 474 To Ward 116 Of 337. Now Ward / Kovalev Was Considered A Close Fight The First Time And CompuBox Had The Punches Landed Within 10 Between Them Both. Now Lets Look At Bradley - Pacquiao 1, A Fight Several People Said Pacquiao Should Have Won. Pacquiao - 253 Of 751 To Bradley - 159 Of 839. Pacquiao Landed On Nearly 100 More Punches Based On CompuBox And Most People Say That Pac Man Was Robbed There. How About Another Fight ? Here Is One, Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter, Now This Was A Close One On The Cards, Heck Of A Fight Too. CompuBox Had, Thurman - 235 Of 539 To Porter - 236 Of 662. I Am Showing You All This To Make A Point, If CompuBox Is So Inaccurate At Measuring A Fight Via Punch Stats Why Is It So Often That The Fighter With The Superior Stats Favor The Fighter Who Wins Or Should Have Won ? Not Unless You Think Bradley Beat Pacquiao The First Time. When Has CompuBox Ever Had A Fighter Landing Nearly Twice As Many Punches Total ( 182 - 92 ) In A Fight With A Higher Connect Percentage And That Fighter Loses Outside Of Manny Pacquiao ? If You Can Show Stats To Back This Then We Can Discuss Further.

So You Still Have Not Watched The Video ? I Got It, Don't Want To See You Could Have Been In Error With Your Decision ?

This wall of text is a pain to read. Especially When You Capitalise Every Word.

To fairly assess you need to assess it with an open mind as it's happening. That's what the judges themselves are expected to do.

It's a fight, not a basketball game buddeh. The nature of judging a fight, especially a close one is that it's completely subjective. A guy can land fewer strikes but the strikes he does land are of more consequence than his opponents.

CompuBox is sometimes accurate, sometimes not. In this case, it wasn't accurate. That's the nature of human error.

This guy made the same biased, skewed video to justify why Pac beat Mayweather. He's a Pacquiao fanatic, his word means nothing when he's shown such overwhelming bias.

What Good Is Aggression If You Are Missing Wildly On Your Power Punches Most Of The Time ? Headbutting ? Clinching Like Crazy. Aggression Is Good When Effective, Not When You Are Just Pushing A Fight And Slugging At Air Over 80 Percent Of The Time.

2. Eh, That's Probably True To Some Extent. Though I Don't Think Timothy Bradley Was Such A Tote And Even He Saw It For Pacquiao. As Far As Teddy Atlas, I Thought He Was Right, Pacquiao Was Landing The Cleaner Shots.

I Aint Arguing With Your On Stephen A. Smith, But Dude Is A Mayweather Fanboy. So Why Would He Scream Robbery For Someone He Is Not A Huge Fan Of ? He Was Trying Horn Pretty Hard Though Earlier.

Well World Boxing News Had It For Pacquiao 116 Horn 111. Sporting News Had It 115 - 112 For Pacquiao. The Guardian Has It 117 - 111 For Pacquiao. I Easily Thought Pacquiao Had 8 Rounds To Horns 4 Rounds. Horn Was Aggressive But Dude Was Missing Like Crazy. CompuBox Backs Up That Claim And Until You Give Me Reason Otherwise To See It As Unreliable. I Don't See Why This Is Not A Robbery Against Pac Man.

That's not what happened. Horn was splitting his guard and landing hard shots repeatedly.

You're seeing what you want to see. It was a close fight that could've been scored either way, but because Pacquaio is the bigger star people will give it to him be default. Such is life, Horn is the guy with the belt and all you can do is complain.

No Caption Provided
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@king_saturn said:

This wall of text is a pain to read. Especially When You Capitalise Every Word.

To fairly assess you need to assess it with an open mind as it's happening. That's what the judges themselves are expected to do.

It's a fight, not a basketball game buddeh. The nature of judging a fight, especially a close one is that it's completely subjective. A guy can land fewer strikes but the strikes he does land are of more consequence than his opponents.

CompuBox is sometimes accurate, sometimes not. In this case, it wasn't accurate. That's the nature of human error.

This guy made the same biased, skewed video to justify why Pac beat Mayweather. He's a Pacquiao fanatic, his word means nothing when he's shown such overwhelming bias.

@king_saturn said:

That's not what happened. Horn was splitting his guard and landing hard shots repeatedly.

You're seeing what you want to see. It was a close fight that could've been scored either way, but because Pacquaio is the bigger star people will give it to him be default. Such is life, Horn is the guy with the belt and all you can do is complain.

No Caption Provided

1. Right, So If It's So Fairly Being Assessed With An Open Mind While It's Happening. Why Do We Have Scores Like Horn 117 - Pacquiao 111 ? Especially If It Was Supposedly A Close Fight Being Seen With An Open Mind ?

I Don't Recall Ever Seeing A Fight Where A Fighter Lands Nearly Twice As Many Punches As The Other Fighter And The Other Fighter Wins Until With Manny Pacquiao. It's Happened To Him Twice... As He Nearly Outlanded Timothy Bradley By 100 Punches In Their First Fight That He Supposedly Won. You Can't Be Serious With This. When Did Horn Have Pacquiao In Trouble With His Punches ? We Know When Pacquiao Had Horn In Trouble As Well As He Was Tagging Him A Lot During The Fight.

You Said CompuBox Was Woefully Inaccurate. I Asked You For Proof Of This. Now You Are Just Saying Sometimes It Works And Sometimes It Does Not. How Wonderful Of You To Make Such An Excellent Counter Point. LOL

But We Aint Talking About The Pacquiao - Mayweather Fight. Did You Even Attempt To Watch The Pacquiao - Horn Landed Punches Video ? Show The Proposed Errors In Count If He Is Such A Biased Fan.

2. Horn Landed Hard Shots Sometimes. The CompuBox Supports It As Well As The Video I Posted Above. I See What Is So, I See Several People Including Those Who Know Boxing Upset At A Bad Decision. I See Some People Trying To Defend The Decision Yet When Shown The Numbers Just Say "The Numbers Are Not That Important". That's Funny Those Numbers Seem To Tell The Story For Several Fights We Say The Fighter Won For Including Mayweather - Pacquiao. So Why Not Complain ? This Is The Second Time Pacquiao Has Had A Decision Stolen From Him. This Crap Is Killing Boxing.