Jawbreakers Cancelled by Publisher (Death of Waid's Career Edition)

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Yea. Screw this. So basically the comic series Jawbreakers was cancelled by their publisher because a bunch of left wing agitators and industry pros threw a shit fit over comic book industry nobody writing a comic that outsold everybody except Batman and Thanos basically.

Basically it was written by a guy called Diversity in Comics who has somewhat of a Youtube following and at one point he just went "screw this making my own comic, I'm not getting the industry to change by sitting here and moaning" and he actually managed to write a good comic got several known artists to illustrate it. This comic proceeded to do amazingly in pre-sales and by all accounts it outsold most traditionally "popular comics"

Then a bunch of bitchboys like Mark Waid moaned and complained to the publisher to shut it down, not about the contents of the BOOK but about the character of the creator. Well congratulations Waid, you got what you wanted. The publisher is dropped. But they have another one now, and because you were such a raging crybaby, neither you nor the spineless Antarctic Press will be getting my money again.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By removekebab

Diversity in comics made a comic himself? Well, it's about time people started waging a proper culture war. I hope things go well this new publisher.

We do not take this decision lightly as we do believe that there should be separation between “ART” and the “ARTIST’ and that separation has been blurred in our decision.

Funny how westerners have this train of thought. Shonen Jump on the other hand just let Watsuki have his comic back almost no questions asked.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's their problem with the creator of this comics?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: He's got a youtube channel criticizing their work, mostly trolling sjw marvel books.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaaaand it looks like Waid might be getting sued too

What's their problem with the creator of this comics?

He is fed up with SJW shit in comics so he made his own, and then it outsold SJW comics

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6 dernman  Online

@mimisalome: He's got a youtube channel criticizing their work, mostly trolling sjw marvel books.

I wouldn't really call what he does trolling. He's not outrages with the things he says or how he says them from the videos I saw. He's seems like a calm and reasonable guy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dernman  Online

Aaaaaaand it looks like Waid might be getting sued too

I hope he does. You have any link to that?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

According to an unverified Reddit post from someone who works at Marvel, Cebulski has shut Waid down after his phone call to Antarctica Press involved threatening them with lawsuits using Marvel's name. Antarctica sent some angry emails to Cebulski and he allegedly told Waid to kill his social media outlets otherwise he's never getting another Marvel comic. Not that Waid is ever going to sell well again if this is true.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

According to an unverified Reddit post from someone who works at Marvel, Cebulski has shut Waid down after his phone call to Antarctica Press involved threatening them with lawsuits using Marvel's name. Antarctica sent some angry emails to Cebulski and he allegedly told Waid to kill his social media outlets otherwise he's never getting another Marvel comic. Not that Waid is ever going to sell well again if this is true.

wow... read the link.

That is borderline criminal if its true

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome said:
@lvenger said:

wow... read the link.

That is borderline criminal if its true

Ooof, I wanna see Waid get rekt.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@dimitridkatsis said:

I wouldn't really call what he does trolling. He's not outrages with the things he says or how he says them from the videos I saw. He's seems like a calm and reasonable guy.

Hey I dig him too, he trolls so what, it's not a crime. This market blocking Waid pulled probably is though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to D&C Waid actually talked and convinced Diamond to stop ordering from Antarctic Press if they didn't drop the book.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dernman  Online

Waid has been on a downward spiral for a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like I just got punched in the gut.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Why is that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@farkam said:

Why is that?

Because this surprised me, in a bad way.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dernman  Online
@farkam said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@farkam said:

Why is that?

Because this surprised me, in a bad way.

Take a seat on my couch. Lay down and unburden yourself by elaborating further for Dr. Dernman. You're in a safe place.