James Dean (yes, that James Dean) has just been cast in a new Vietnam war movie

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

James Dean, two time Best Actor nominee, inspiration behind The Room's most iconic line, and icon of classic cinema, is apparently not as retired as you might assume for an actor who's been dead for 65 years, because he is about to have a role in an upcoming Vietnam war movie, thanks to the power of CGI.

From Deadline...

Magic City Films said Wednesday that it has secured rights from the family of Oscar-nominated actor James Dean to use a CGI version of the actor to play a role in its upcoming Vietnam War action drama Finding Jack. Pre-production starts later this month.

Dean will play a character named Rogan in the pic, of which Ernst said: “We searched high and low for the perfect character to portray the role of Rogan, which has some extreme complex character arcs, and after months of research, we decided on James Dean.”

Added Ernst: “We feel very honored that his family supports us and will take every precaution to ensure that his legacy as one of the most epic film stars to date is kept firmly intact. The family views this as his fourth movie, a movie he never got to make. We do not intend to let his fans down.”

Crocker’s novel centered on a man who enlist in the Vietnam War after the tragic death of his young family. He plans to die there, but rescues a dog he names Jack that becomes his unit’s mascot. After the war, he is told he can’t bring Jack home, so they desert and attempt to make it to safety in Thailand. The pic is based on the true story of the abandonment of over 10,000 canine units at the end of the Vietnam War.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty dumb if actually true.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid enough I want it to be real simply so we can point at it and laugh.

Catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Evans had a pretty good response to this.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you live in a system where EVERYTHING goes aslong you dont hurt or kill some1.

that’s ridiculously stupid.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping this doesn't start a trend. Lol at them saying they searched high and low for the best actor. Shameless publicity stunt to get butts in seats. Let's let the dead rest and give some living people a chance.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soldier Without a Cause

PenguinDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am both fascinated and horrified by this potential future.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really find it hard to believe that of all the living actors out there, they couldn't even find one who could play the part. This really does reek of a publicity stunt.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really find it hard to believe that of all the living actors out there, they couldn't even find one who could play the part. This really does reek of a publicity stunt.

Agreed.