• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by KingofBBC (728 posts) 2 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Is your sexuality tied to genitals or how a person looks? (57 votes)

Genitals 65%
Appearance 35%

This thread looks at whether your sexual attraction towards a person is tied towards, their outward appearance of masculinity or femininity (i.e. looks like a boy or girl), or is it tied to their genitals.

For example - This is a biological woman.

No Caption Provided

In the same note. This a biological male:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Would you say your sexuality be tied towards what the person physically looks like overall, or is it more so tied towards whether they have a vagina/penis (genitals)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
#1 Posted by deactivated-5a2b0053414c5 (8165 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, haven't we had this thread like, 3 times already?

#2 Posted by KingofBBC (728 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, haven't we had this thread like, 3 times already?

No. One thread asked if you would marry a trans woman if she was your ideal besides having a penis. The other looked at whether you consider a guy straight, gay or homosexual if he dated a trans woman. Both of these touched on it briefly but they weren't the main focus.

This thread looks closely at sexuality, and whether you as a person (not your opinion of others) is tied more towards the person's genitals/biology or outward appearance.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
#3 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bisexual. Looks are important, but speaking for myself it comes down to whether or not I form a bond with another person in that special kind of way. I couldn't care any less about what is between their legs. I have a particular type for both men and women, but I'm not overly shallow either.

#4 Posted by Cable_Extreme (15078 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a bit of both, not either-or. At least for me.

There is general attraction towards someone, you like them for how they act or if they are funny. Then there is sexual attraction, you like them for their bod. A partner needs to fit both roles.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#5 Posted by Dextersinister1 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Both, if a person goes out of their way to trick your senses then your senses will be tricked into assuming that a female or male looking individual has assumed genitals and then be off put to find out otherwise.

#6 Edited by Conner_Wolf (5858 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather go with someone who looks like a woman. So long as they want to be treated like a woman. [sentence removed]

#8 Posted by wildvine (14033 posts) - - Show Bio

@meowwoofmoo: Hi. We don't allow this sort of comment in the forums, so I'm just going to remove that for you. Comic Vine is a mostly inclusive site and we don't want to alienate anyone based on their orientation/preference/etc. Please try to avoid comments like this as they can get you banned per site rules. Feel free to PM me any questions you have about this.

#9 Posted by That1dcfan (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

Avatar image for bella_blackstar
#10 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4284 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the how thick they are

#11 Posted by TVC-15 (5097 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Jonez_ (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

It relies on both.

I will not be attracted to someone if they look like a man, I will not be attracted to someone if they have a penis.

#13 Posted by Chronicplane (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

It relies on both.

I will not be attracted to someone if they look like a man, I will not be attracted to someone if they have a penis.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#14 Posted by echostarlord117 (4456 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess appearance. I want to say that I'd never bang someone with a penis, but jesus christ just look at that.

#15 Edited by zr0c00l (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many people either confused or intentionally trying to conflate attraction and sexuality. They're not the same. If a man dresses/gets surgery/photoshop and can pass as an attractive female. As a straight man that likes attractive women I might initially find them attractive. Were I then to find out they have or ever had a penis I would be turned off as I'm not into dudes regardless how they present themselves. Does it make me gay for unknowingly thinking a dude that went through great effort to deceive the world/themselves was an attractive female... no. But were someone to learn the person in question is a man and still want to sleep with them then that'd be a question of sexuality and would at the least make a person bisexual

#16 Posted by All-Father (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if a woman is smoking hot and has a penis. Genitals

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#17 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

Genitals I guess women could be the hottest chick in the world if she has a dick hell no

#19 Edited by zr0c00l (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: @marvelanddcfan24: if they have or had a penis of their own. By definition they are not women

#20 Posted by lukehero (34570 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister1:

“Both, if a person goes out of their way to trick your senses then your senses will be tricked into assuming that a female or male looking individual has assumed genitals and then be off put to find out otherwise.”

I agree.

This isn’t a problem now, but I’m guessing years from now it will be. And people are going to want proof their partner is actually a genetically born female/male.

This will eventually come to the point where you could be prosecuted for fraud if you intentionally hide your gender identity due to marriage being a contract and if you lie on certain other documents...

#21 Edited by TheDeathstroke (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

A girl with a penis is no girl, least that's how i see it. Genitials.

#22 Posted by zr0c00l (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@dextersinister1:

“Both, if a person goes out of their way to trick your senses then your senses will be tricked into assuming that a female or male looking individual has assumed genitals and then be off put to find out otherwise.”

I agree.

This isn’t a problem now, but I’m guessing years from now it will be. And people are going to want proof their partner is actually a genetically born female/male.

This will eventually come to the point where you could be prosecuted for fraud if you intentionally hide your gender identity due to marriage being a contract and if you lie on certain other documents...

Its already a problem.

Type "he didnt know im trans into youtube and see all the stories of transpersons who went on dates or started doing sexual things to people to then only disclose their status at a later date. One was engaged to a guy and hasnt told him yet.

Ive also seen on the comments and articles from buzzfeed like sites that have the writers encouraging people not to ever disclose. in their words they say things like "its nobody elses business" "youre a real woman whats there to tell?" "they shouldnt even ask" "its transphobic if they ask or care"

#24 Posted by Mortein (5780 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm attracted to both of them.

#25 Posted by Fujitora (128 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with both of the presented choices. Sexuality is not tied to either. Sexuality is more about what you feel you are.

#26 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm bisexual. Looks are important, but speaking for myself it comes down to whether or not I form a bond with another person in that special kind of way. I couldn't care any less about what is between their legs. I have a particular type for both men and women, but I'm not overly shallow either.

THIS!

#27 Edited by Khael (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#28 Posted by theredhood44 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Genitals

#29 Edited by CitizenSurfer (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

DNA. You can change your appearance and genitals, you can't change your DNA though.

#30 Edited by Cable_Extreme (15078 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizensurfer said:

DNA. You can change your appearance and genitals, you can't change your DNA though.

I think it is tied to biological sex. No matter what, biological sex cannot change because it is supported by your DNA. if someone is biologically male, then I won't be sexually attracted to them upon finding that out even if they perfectly resemble a female.

#31 Posted by lvenger (33535 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is a "are traps gay?" thread in disguise isn't it?

#32 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

That's vagtastic

#34 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by The-Wraith (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#36 Edited by HeroUp2112 (13064 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:

It relies on both.

Part of my issue here is (and I've given this a lot of thought, I was an art major in college and am intellectually honest so I did some soul searching) that I REALLLLY don't like penises...hell, I barely like mine...I won't get any more graphic than that. It's not a dysmorphism thing or anything, I don't want to get rid of it, I just really dislike them on numerous levels.

Though I will say the woman pictured is clearly a woman, though the man pictured has done a good job of looking like a woman although this would probably fall apart on seeing him(her) walk.

#37 Edited by theacidskull (21695 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

I wouldn't ever be able sleep with a transgendered person.

#38 Posted by Monstrous93 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

I wouldn't ever be able sleep with a transgendered person.

#40 Posted by T6 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

So this is a "are traps gay?" thread in disguise isn't it?

exactly what I was thinking LOL

but in all seriousness, if they have a penis it's a turn off. If they have a vagina... well depends on the rest of the body. I'm a heterosexual male (if it matters, most people posting, hell most people on CV are the same lol).

#41 Posted by MisterWhisper (5876 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't it be more accurate to ask about their attraction than sexuality.

Attraction has to do with what you find appealing in other people, which is what this thread is asking on the surface.

Sexuality is what you personally think and are attracted to as far as gender or orientation goes, not physical looks.

Ex. I am a straight guy, so I am attracted to females, but not all of them.

That would be like comparing all vehicles to just SUV's.

However, this is not what the thread was created for, this is just a badly disguised flame bait thread or well disguised flame thread on its own.

#42 Posted by Eto (3812 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was tapping a hot chick who turned out to be male born... someone dying that day.

#43 Posted by GIliad_ (5756 posts) - - Show Bio

Appearance as long as I know they're the opposite sex, got nothing against homo/bi/pan/whatever floats your boat but I just don't find the concept of males attractive.... except Michael Fassbender

#44 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by Jgames (6697 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#46 Posted by Cable_Extreme (15078 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_ said:

Appearance as long as I know they're the opposite sex, got nothing against homo/bi/pan/whatever floats your boat but I just don't find the concept of males attractive.... except Michael Fassbender

Yeah, I could be attracted to a very convincing biological male who has surgeries and hormone treatments, but the moment I found out they were biologically male it would ruin it for me.

#47 Posted by GIliad_ (5756 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_ said:

Yeah, I could be attracted to a very convincing biological male who has surgeries and hormone treatments, but the moment I found out they were biologically male it would ruin it for me.

Fassbender tho?

#48 Posted by DarkHoudini (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by mrmonster (5744 posts) - - Show Bio

Appearance

#50 Edited by Cable_Extreme (15078 posts) - - Show Bio

@giliad_ said:
@cable_extreme said:
@giliad_ said:

Fassbender tho?

Sure, why not.