Is your sexuality tied to genitals or how a person looks?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is your sexuality tied to genitals or how a person looks? (58 votes)

Genitals 64%
Appearance 36%

This thread looks at whether your sexual attraction towards a person is tied towards, their outward appearance of masculinity or femininity (i.e. looks like a boy or girl), or is it tied to their genitals.

For example - This is a biological woman.

No Caption Provided

In the same note. This a biological male:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Would you say your sexuality be tied towards what the person physically looks like overall, or is it more so tied towards whether they have a vagina/penis (genitals)?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, haven't we had this thread like, 3 times already?

KingofBBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, haven't we had this thread like, 3 times already?

No. One thread asked if you would marry a trans woman if she was your ideal besides having a penis. The other looked at whether you consider a guy straight, gay or homosexual if he dated a trans woman. Both of these touched on it briefly but they weren't the main focus.

This thread looks closely at sexuality, and whether you as a person (not your opinion of others) is tied more towards the person's genitals/biology or outward appearance.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm bisexual. Looks are important, but speaking for myself it comes down to whether or not I form a bond with another person in that special kind of way. I couldn't care any less about what is between their legs. I have a particular type for both men and women, but I'm not overly shallow either.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a bit of both, not either-or. At least for me.

There is general attraction towards someone, you like them for how they act or if they are funny. Then there is sexual attraction, you like them for their bod. A partner needs to fit both roles.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, if a person goes out of their way to trick your senses then your senses will be tricked into assuming that a female or male looking individual has assumed genitals and then be off put to find out otherwise.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By conner_wolf

I'd rather go with someone who looks like a woman. So long as they want to be treated like a woman. [sentence removed]

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@meowwoofmoo: Hi. We don't allow this sort of comment in the forums, so I'm just going to remove that for you. Comic Vine is a mostly inclusive site and we don't want to alienate anyone based on their orientation/preference/etc. Please try to avoid comments like this as they can get you banned per site rules. Feel free to PM me any questions you have about this.

That1dcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Depends on the how thick they are

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It relies on both.

I will not be attracted to someone if they look like a man, I will not be attracted to someone if they have a penis.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jonez_ said:

It relies on both.

I will not be attracted to someone if they look like a man, I will not be attracted to someone if they have a penis.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess appearance. I want to say that I'd never bang someone with a penis, but jesus christ just look at that.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zr0c00l

Too many people either confused or intentionally trying to conflate attraction and sexuality. They're not the same. If a man dresses/gets surgery/photoshop and can pass as an attractive female. As a straight man that likes attractive women I might initially find them attractive. Were I then to find out they have or ever had a penis I would be turned off as I'm not into dudes regardless how they present themselves. Does it make me gay for unknowingly thinking a dude that went through great effort to deceive the world/themselves was an attractive female... no. But were someone to learn the person in question is a man and still want to sleep with them then that'd be a question of sexuality and would at the least make a person bisexual

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't care if a woman is smoking hot and has a penis. Genitals

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Genitals I guess women could be the hottest chick in the world if she has a dick hell no

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zr0c00l

@all-father: @marvelanddcfan24: if they have or had a penis of their own. By definition they are not women

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@dextersinister1:

“Both, if a person goes out of their way to trick your senses then your senses will be tricked into assuming that a female or male looking individual has assumed genitals and then be off put to find out otherwise.”

I agree.

This isn’t a problem now, but I’m guessing years from now it will be. And people are going to want proof their partner is actually a genetically born female/male.

This will eventually come to the point where you could be prosecuted for fraud if you intentionally hide your gender identity due to marriage being a contract and if you lie on certain other documents...

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheDeathstroke

A girl with a penis is no girl, least that's how i see it. Genitials.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@dextersinister1:

“Both, if a person goes out of their way to trick your senses then your senses will be tricked into assuming that a female or male looking individual has assumed genitals and then be off put to find out otherwise.”

I agree.

This isn’t a problem now, but I’m guessing years from now it will be. And people are going to want proof their partner is actually a genetically born female/male.

This will eventually come to the point where you could be prosecuted for fraud if you intentionally hide your gender identity due to marriage being a contract and if you lie on certain other documents...

Its already a problem.

Type "he didnt know im trans into youtube and see all the stories of transpersons who went on dates or started doing sexual things to people to then only disclose their status at a later date. One was engaged to a guy and hasnt told him yet.

Ive also seen on the comments and articles from buzzfeed like sites that have the writers encouraging people not to ever disclose. in their words they say things like "its nobody elses business" "youre a real woman whats there to tell?" "they shouldnt even ask" "its transphobic if they ask or care"

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mortein  Online

I'm attracted to both of them.

Fujitora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with both of the presented choices. Sexuality is not tied to either. Sexuality is more about what you feel you are.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm bisexual. Looks are important, but speaking for myself it comes down to whether or not I form a bond with another person in that special kind of way. I couldn't care any less about what is between their legs. I have a particular type for both men and women, but I'm not overly shallow either.

THIS!

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Khael

Both.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genitals

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By CitizenSurfer

DNA. You can change your appearance and genitals, you can't change your DNA though.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@citizensurfer said:

DNA. You can change your appearance and genitals, you can't change your DNA though.

I think it is tied to biological sex. No matter what, biological sex cannot change because it is supported by your DNA. if someone is biologically male, then I won't be sexually attracted to them upon finding that out even if they perfectly resemble a female.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So this is a "are traps gay?" thread in disguise isn't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's vagtastic

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HeroUp2112

@jonez_ said:

It relies on both.

Part of my issue here is (and I've given this a lot of thought, I was an art major in college and am intellectually honest so I did some soul searching) that I REALLLLY don't like penises...hell, I barely like mine...I won't get any more graphic than that. It's not a dysmorphism thing or anything, I don't want to get rid of it, I just really dislike them on numerous levels.

Though I will say the woman pictured is clearly a woman, though the man pictured has done a good job of looking like a woman although this would probably fall apart on seeing him(her) walk.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Both.

I wouldn't ever be able sleep with a transgendered person.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

I wouldn't ever be able sleep with a transgendered person.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
deactivated-5ba513314c41c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

So this is a "are traps gay?" thread in disguise isn't it?

exactly what I was thinking LOL

but in all seriousness, if they have a penis it's a turn off. If they have a vagina... well depends on the rest of the body. I'm a heterosexual male (if it matters, most people posting, hell most people on CV are the same lol).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be more accurate to ask about their attraction than sexuality.

Attraction has to do with what you find appealing in other people, which is what this thread is asking on the surface.

Sexuality is what you personally think and are attracted to as far as gender or orientation goes, not physical looks.

Ex. I am a straight guy, so I am attracted to females, but not all of them.

That would be like comparing all vehicles to just SUV's.

However, this is not what the thread was created for, this is just a badly disguised flame bait thread or well disguised flame thread on its own.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I was tapping a hot chick who turned out to be male born... someone dying that day.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appearance as long as I know they're the opposite sex, got nothing against homo/bi/pan/whatever floats your boat but I just don't find the concept of males attractive.... except Michael Fassbender

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Appearance as long as I know they're the opposite sex, got nothing against homo/bi/pan/whatever floats your boat but I just don't find the concept of males attractive.... except Michael Fassbender

Yeah, I could be attracted to a very convincing biological male who has surgeries and hormone treatments, but the moment I found out they were biologically male it would ruin it for me.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Yeah, I could be attracted to a very convincing biological male who has surgeries and hormone treatments, but the moment I found out they were biologically male it would ruin it for me.

Fassbender tho?

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appearance

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@giliad_ said:
@cable_extreme said:
@giliad_ said:

Fassbender tho?

Sure, why not.