Is white shaming/white guilt a real thing?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Edited topic as many dont seem to understand the OP topic.

I am really feeling uncomfortable with this trend of bashing white people lately in media for the past few years. Seems to get worse and worse these days. For example....

Donald Trump election. White people vs rest of America it seems. Evil white people electing evil president. Black Lives Matter. I mean, them damn white people beating up black people and sending them to jail. A Day Without Woman Strike. A all woman protest for women rights protest turn into white privilege woman only event that failed. What that Hollywood? The Ancient One and Danny rand are played by white people and not asians!!!! You White Devils! Sally Boynton Brown, a white woman running for chair of the Democratic National Committee, wants to “shut other white people down.” Epic Rap Battle has Thomas Jefferson apologizing to Frederick Douglass for slavery instead of Rap battling with fun lyrics and insults!?

Well the last one is not a big deal to the world, but still. I mean seriously, wth is this? I am former military and was surrounded by all ethnic groups, and lived in "ghettos" when I was super poor starting out in life. I have Hispanic/African/Asian friends. I figure by the 90s we abolish most of this racial shit, yet here we are in later half of the 2010s, and I feel like as a white person I am attacked by media daily. I feel if any white people try to defend themselves from another ethnic group slandering, then we are racist and insensitive to boot.

WTH happen? Why is there a double standard on White people being racist dicks if they say anything negative, or put down another minority, but minorities can say what they want about eachother and white people and everything is ok? Neither should be bashing the other. Thoughts?

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Epic Rap Battle has Thomas Jefferson apologizing to Frederick Douglass for slavery instead of Rap battling with fun lyrics and insults!?

Yep.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope..... You are just paying to much attention to social media...Don't pay any mind to that ****, and go live your life.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to SJWs, it sure is.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I will say white dudes seem to be often shown as the bad guys sometimes these days, but I ain't white so I am not qualified to speak.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Epic Rap Battle has Thomas Jefferson apologizing to Frederick Douglass for slavery instead of Rap battling with fun lyrics and insults!?"

Yeah that one was simply cringeworthy, shame on the writer.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yanno what? Speaking as a pink skinned fellow. Black, Asian, and Hispanic folks seemed to have survived it for a fair number of decades...we white types still have most of the money (not trying to be a douche, it's just reality), I think we'll survive all this "white folks suck" thing.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@heroup2112 said:

we white types still have most of the money (not trying to be a douche, it's just reality), I think we'll survive all this "white folks suck" thing.

Kinda Douche. White people as a whole are not any richer. 1% have money. Me and every fellow white friends and family that I know is below middle class or barely middle class. Or worse, farmers lol. Every India person I know is a damn doctor or own a store and have 3 cars and 4 bedroom houses :/. India and Asians seem the most successful to me. Asians also have the highest school grades over any other race too which is interesting study in itself.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't we stop judging people based on the color of there skin and instead judge them on the content of their character?

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By arkbound

Lately in general its become more and more prominent for an "underprivileged" group to talk about what their issues and concerns are (nothing wrong with that) but inevitably the conversation turns into a comparison between the haves and the have nots. White people (typically straight white males) are considered the group that isnt underprivileged in society (and because its hard to pin a specific cause for a lot of these complicated geopolitical issues) they become the strawman for the underprivileged groups arguments

Its too bad as they alienate potential supporters by shaming and blaming white people in general.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yanno what? Speaking as a pink skinned fellow. Black, Asian, and Hispanic folks seemed to have survived it for a fair number of decades...we white types still have most of the money (not trying to be a douche, it's just reality), I think we'll survive all this "white folks suck" thing.

Even though I don't think "white shaming" is a serious problem in US, money don't really make prejudice easier to deal with, just ask jews if being from a wealthy group in general make anti semitism sound silly.

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By arkbound

@bluehope: I agree, but to be fair a lot of antisemitism came about because of the jewish populations affluence during a time of depression and hardship (or I should say perceived affluence)

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Don_Higashikata

According to modern Marvel, yeah

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

we white types still have most of the money (not trying to be a douche, it's just reality), I think we'll survive all this "white folks suck" thing.

Kinda Douche. White people as a whole are not any richer. 1% have money. Me and every fellow white friends and family that I know is below middle class or barely middle class. Or worse, farmers lol. Every India person I know is a damn doctor or own a store and have 3 cars and 4 bedroom houses :/. India and Asians seem the most successful to me. Asians also have the highest school grades over any other race too which is interesting study in itself.

I meant as percentage of wealth in society, and perhaps I was being myopic in thinking of American and European society. Trust me I'm not any kind of wealthy. I'm a disabled veteran, I only make 75% of what I made as an active duty Sergeant, and that wasn't much to begin with. ;)

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@heroup2112 said:

Even though I don't think "white shaming" is a serious problem in US, money don't really make prejudice easier to deal with, just ask jews if being from a wealthy group in general make anti semitism sound silly.

I was mainly kidding about the money thing, and what you say is definitely true especially for the larger percentage of we white people who DON'T have much money. I could be wrong, but I'd imagine a larger majority of Jews don't have as much money as the well to do portion.

Man I hope I'm not digging myself a deeper hole here off of what was supposed to be an off hand joke.

My REAL point is. I don't think we white people have much to worry about with all this white shaming business.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By removekebab

@bluehope said:
@heroup2112 said:

6 gorrilion never 4get.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a spanish guy, I definitely cringe whenever I see a white person act like they know everything about what's it like to live as a minority and act like one just to make me feel less excluded or anyone else who isn't white.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The title is being over dramatic. I don't think its a sin. Stuff like reviewers being outraged at marvel for casting white people instead of Asians is the only thing that really strikes me as terrible because there SJW crusade is hypocritical (at least in the examples I am aware of). Stuff like Donald Trump isn't just white people vs everyone else. There are other issues, without going into detail, you have to keep in mind Trump is the most unpopular president in office and Hillary was even more unpopular than him. There was going to be outrage no matter who won.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it's cool to hate white people these days. Not to hate the fruits of their labor like internet, tv, video games, comic books, film, etc......just white folks. Because of colonization or something.

Nope..... You are just paying to much attention to social media...Don't pay any mind to that ****, and go live your life.

What?? Where do you live?? They basically have courses on how to "deconstruct whiteness", whatever the hell that means, at Universities these days. Go back to posting Linda Carter images.

True. East Asians and Indians outperform whites financially in the US. Muh white privilege though.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Jgames

Yeah is a bit annoying seeing stupid jokes like white people over and over, but at the same time you see lot of other stupid jokes about other race.

I also like to believe most people are not idiots who think other race deserved better treatment just for not being white, but the problem is that they see a race having a singularity issue instead of including income, jobs, sex etc. I remembered this white lady asking me if I was hispanic and that I must hate Trump and that the Hispanic community has to stick together, which sort of infuriated me that she basing my political view with my race ( I mean granted I am anti-Trump, but still).

At the same time seriously apologizing for slavery is a bad thing? I mean yes white people don't have to act like other people have it rough for not being white, but considering the content of ERB, yes there nothing wrong with that video.

I guess what I am trying to say is, make racist joke on everybody so nobody feel left out. White people for being slave owner, KKK redneck inbreed. Mexican for climbing fences and selling drugs with their taco stand. Black people for not being happy with their ancestor not being paid for their work and okay I stop XD.

Loading Video...

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a spanish guy, I definitely cringe whenever I see a white person act like they know everything about what's it like to live as a minority and act like one just to make me feel less excluded or anyone else who isn't white.

What happens when whites are a minority though?

t. Huezil

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: you have to keep in mind Trump is the most unpopular president in office and Hillary was even more unpopular than him. There was going to be outrage no matter who won.

You would have had a lot of people who disliked the results but not the same level of outrage. If 2 people shout out in anger and another goes out and starts smashing properties that one person probably contains more outrage than the other 2 combined.

The title is being over dramatic

You are right, but every political group has a bad guy, to an extent you could say for the right that's undesirable foreigners and terrorists.

But the left are all about apparent tolerance but they still need a bad guy.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My REAL point is. I don't think we white people have much to worry about with all this white shaming business.

I get ya now.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it's cool to hate white people these days. Not to hate the fruits of their labor like internet, tv, video games, comic books, film, etc......just white folks. Because of colonization or something.

@judasnixon said:

What?? Where do you live?? They basically have courses on how to "deconstruct whiteness", whatever the hell that means, at Universities these days. Go back to posting Linda Carter images.

True. East Asians and Indians outperform whites financially in the US. Muh white privilege though.

OK...

No Caption Provided
sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sineyaprime

@jashro44 said:

The title is being over dramatic. I don't think its a sin. Stuff like reviewers being outraged at marvel for casting white people instead of Asians is the only thing that really strikes me as terrible because there SJW crusade is hypocritical (at least in the examples I am aware of). Stuff like Donald Trump isn't just white people vs everyone else. There are other issues, without going into detail, you have to keep in mind Trump is the most unpopular president in office and Hillary was even more unpopular than him. There was going to be outrage no matter who won.

I doubt that considering almost 3 million more people voted for her, resulting in her winning the popular vote.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep the hate for white people is getting ridiculous, this morning a bunch SJWBLMLGBTQ protesters ran though my neighborhood putting burning crosses on white people lawns.

True Story.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sineyaprime: Well I should probably rephrase. I don't know if Hillary was less popular at the time of the election but currently she is less popular than Trump (the way I phrased it makes it sound like she was always less popular). Either way neither candidate was really that popular if memory serves.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sineyaprime
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

*sigh* I see this thread going nowhere.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I'm a light tan color, a little darker in some spots tho. I'm not white!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

I doubt that considering almost 3 million more people voted for her, resulting in her winning the popular vote.

What Jash is referring to are favorable/unfavorable ratings.

I don't know the actual ratings, but you can be viewed as more unfavorable while still winning the popular vote. For example, many people viewed both candidates unfavorably, but a lot of those same people voted for Clinton because they saw her as a lesser evil. Still an evil, just lesser.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) more than half of those things you listed actually have a functional, good purpose for different types of people

2) Just because you grew up around minorities and grew up in "the ghetto" does not mean you know what it feels like to be one of them

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really feeling uncomfortable with this trend of bashing white people lately in media for the past few years. Seems to get worse and worse these days.

Donald Trump election. White people vs rest of America it seems. Evil white people electing evil president.

And you don't think Trump and some of his supporters share any of the blame for the narrative? A lot of the times it's their words and actions that people are responding too.

Black Lives Matter. I mean, them damn white people beating up black people and sending them to jail.

Since BLM condemns the attacks carried out by fringe radicals claiming association with them, I don't really understand how they made it sin to be White? Their mission is mainly to improve the situation of Black individuals, especially those of whom are disabled or LGBTQ. Maybe you should provide some examples of what you mean by BLM?

A Day Without Woman Strike. A all woman protest for women rights protest turn into white privilege woman only event that failed.

That I'm aware of the problem there was that minority women were less likely to be able to miss work, so the additional involvements of not shopping at certain stores and wearing red were added to be more inclusive for those women who couldn't afford to miss work. Not such a problem to me.

What that Hollywood? The Ancient One and Danny rand are played by white people and not asians!!!! You White Devils!

People seem to be upset more that there's so few Asian-Americans depicted in major roles and even when there is a part for them it's given to White actors for whatever reasons. If you recall, there were plenty of White people upset about a Black stormtrooper. Again I don't see how this makes it sinful to be white.

Sally Boynton Brown, a white woman running for chair of the Democratic National Committee, wants to “shut other white people down.”

Here's a more complete quote:

“My job is to listen and be a voice, and my job is to shut other white people down when they want to interrupt,” Ms. Brown said, Fox News reported Tuesday. “My job is to shut other white people down when they want to say, ‘Oh no I’m not prejudiced, I’m a Democrat, I’m accepting.’ […] My job is to make sure that they get that they have privilege and until we shut our mouths and we listen to those people who don’t and we lift our people up so that we all have equity in this country … we’re not going to break through this.”

What's she saying is that she want's to make sure that minorities are heard in the DNC and not interrupted by some of the White members who assume they don't have any prejudice or lack of understanding just because they're Dems. This isn't a problem to me, in fact I actually like this, Liberal people can be just as out of touch as anyone else and they should be called on it.

Well the last one is not a big deal to the world, but still. I mean seriously, wth is this? I am former military and was surrounded by all ethnic groups, and lived in "ghettos" when I was super poor starting out in life. I have Hispanic/African/Asian friends. I figure by the 90s we abolish most of this racial shit, yet here we are in later half of the 2010s, and I feel like as a white person I am attacked by media daily. I feel if any white people try to defend themselves from another ethnic group slandering, then we are racist and insensitive to boot.

Growing up in "ghettos" or poverty and having minority friends doesn't necessarily mean you can understand and are exempt from racial issues, though I understand what you're getting at. Admittedly I don't understand why you feel "attacked by the media daily", could you elaborate on that?

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sineyaprime

1) more than half of those things you listed actually have a functional, good purpose for different types of people

2) Just because you grew up around minorities and grew up in "the ghetto" does not mean you know what it feels like to be one of them

Beat me to it.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Thekillerklok

imagine that feeling when you descend from starving immigrants, refuges from the nazi's and native Americans To "Check your Privilege" because your skin is white...

or that you should feel guilty because of your skin color...

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Revan-

Thinks 63% of the population is a sin.

No Caption Provided

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@light1150 said:

Now that hypocritical shit.

Being in the same position of poverty, and growing up around the culture, and yet I cannot know what it must feel like, or say anything in my defense, because of my skin color. Wow.

@sineyaprime said:

Growing up in "ghettos" or poverty and having minority friends doesn't necessarily mean you can understand and are exempt from racial issues, though I understand what you're getting at. Admittedly I don't understand why you feel "attacked by the media daily", could you elaborate on that?

I mean the whole white shaming that media portrays in internet and news. I feel like my "race' is somehow to blame for shit. Till common sense runs its course in me that is afterward. Im just kinda sick of media outlets trying to down someone like me who is white and now doing well for myself.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Jash is referring to are favorable/unfavorable ratings.

I don't know the actual ratings, but you can be viewed as more unfavorable while still winning the popular vote. For example, many people viewed both candidates unfavorably, but a lot of those same people voted for Clinton because they saw her as a lesser evil. Still an evil, just lesser.

Of course you can, and both them finished with historically unfavorable images but according to Gallup at least, Hillary had 47% total favorables compared to Trump's 36% total favorables, with a 4% margin of error, immediately prior to the election. So while she was indeed seen as a lesser evil, she was also likely more popular.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really feeling uncomfortable with this trend of bashing white people lately in media for the past few years. Seems to get worse and worse these days.

Donald Trump election. White people vs rest of America it seems. Evil white people electing evil president.

But white people did get Trump elected for the most part. Cite

Black Lives Matter. I mean, them damn white people beating up black people and sending them to jail.

Preventing unlawful murder of blacks, mean white people are hated. Good logic,

Epic Rap Battle has Thomas Jefferson apologizing to Frederick Douglass for slavery instead of Rap battling with fun lyrics and insults!?

Because Jefferson ACTUALLY owned slaves!

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only a sin if you're an SJW.

But if you're white, straight, and cis.....oh boy you're in trouble with them.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sineyaprime said:

I mean the whole white shaming that media portrays in internet and news. I feel like my "race' is somehow to blame for shit. Till common sense runs its course in me that is afterward. Im just kinda sick of media outlets trying to down someone like me who is white and now doing well for myself.

Could you be more specific, are you referring to news media or media in general? And if it's news, are you referring to major outlets or smaller sources? And how are they trying to "down" you?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@sineyaprime said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@sineyaprime said:

Could you be more specific, are you referring to news media or media in general? And if it's news, are you referring to major outlets or smaller sources? And how are they trying to "down" you?

I posted some examples that came to mind. When watching major news stations, you see all the protest of the election which ALWAYS brought out the numbers of White Men and Women voting trump. Thus the country is torn in half.

I brought up Black Lives matter. Perfect example, I work in the hospitable as security. Shitty job, and the other week we had two black guys talking "Gangsta" to me, the white guy, and talk "Normal" to my Black partner. Even my Partner rolled his eyes at them when they talk to me. Like WTH is that shit? That is one of many, many examples. Youtube and facebook is littered with White Shaming, or at the least White Men Shaming controversy. Sure people were upset about the all female cast of Ghostbusters, but the real juicy stories was Leslie Jones character and her twitter war as a black chick who is not a scientist. Barack Obama (Who I voted for twice) was such a insane topic because he was the "First Black President" and stuff. So his race is all his presidency remembered for?

Do I really need to go on? Its not a secret of white shaming being more popular in major and smaller media sources now and days than 10 or 20 years ago. It seem like Racism, minus the muslims via 9/11, was at all time low, and then exploded as controversy again like its the 60s or something.

Strikes me odd as this seems to be one of the defining trends of 2010s.

Edited Video into OP instead. it strikes home from one of my fav Youtub channels.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: @sirfizzwhizz said:

But white people did get Trump elected for the most part. Cite

I know. Thats why this country is "torn in half" as the media states it. White people vs everyone else.

Preventing unlawful murder of blacks, mean white people are hated. Good logic,

Oh so Black people are the only victims of police brutality? Thats like saying women are the only people to get rape. Who cares about the other gender, or in this case other races beaten on by police :/ Also BLM has claim responsibility for cop killings too.

Because Jefferson ACTUALLY owned slaves!

And? He was no pro slave trade, but that really is not the point. The ERBs is about two fictional characters making fun of the other with lyrics, that video was Jefferson saying he was sorry and douglas is right about everything. It was clearly not in theme and more white shaming. So your point?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator

It's only a sin if you're an SJW.

But if you're white, straight, and cis.....oh boy you're in trouble with them.

This, but you missed male.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all a bunch of nonsense.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 juiceboks  Moderator

Image result for grandpa simpson gif

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

if you step out of your little bubble and look at how most of the world is talking and acting right now, you'll realize it's seeming a lot more like it's a sin to be coloured rather than white.

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sort of seems that way.