• 133 results
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I saw a video the other day that made me a tad mad

White guy and black guy both open carry a firearm. The white guy gets stopped, checked out and let on his way while griping the whole time about his freedom etc... Then the black guy doing the same thing gets an officers gun aimed at him for 5 minutes along with a bunch of backup, a canine unit, and finally gets arrested. While I don't really like open carry, this is troublesome.

So, what was the black guy arrested for? Official statement? Because hell. We don't know the story. Do you think he was arrested for carrying a firearm?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By judasnixon

@cloakx14 said:

@judasnixon: its ok Haters make me strong.

Oh no I'm not hating....... Ten years ago, after my city got destroyed. Your city opened up to us, and then we f***ed up your city........

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not here in Dublin. I've heard lots of racist jokes but never actual racism.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: Probably because in America racism is institution and implicit bias rather than overt

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By Cloakx14

@judasnixon: it is what it. i like new orleans i will have to go Mardi Gras one day.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By MakkyD

@jhaigo said:

Not here in Dublin. I've heard lots of racist jokes but never actual racism.

Not even towards travellers?

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I think of that as more classism then racism. It definitely can be seen as racism and I wasn't thinking of that when I wrote my comment, just thinking about like anti-black but yeah it could be said that that makes us racist.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: This country was built on racism and capitalism. It's a white supremacist nation and a black president doesnt or didn't change that

@jhaigo: How more classism?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Cream_God

Oh college know-it-alls and Sharpton puppets, how you keep things entertaining.

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Most of the anti-traveller sentiment that I have heard seems to be against their way of life, calling them dirty, lazy and rough. I rarely have heard people accept it as a way of life and most of the time they are not seen as an actual culture just people with weird interests. Since people seem to think of them as usual Irish people who have made a decision and discriminating against that idea even though they are discriminating against a culture. It depends in how you think it is defined and I can easily understand why someone would call it flat-out racism.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but because I live in a mostly white town, it's not as obviously noticeable. But I see racist comments on FB. Though it's just a small minority.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in nyc. So yeah.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I grew up in Georgia all my life.. I don't experience much racism here.. I live about 2 hours South of Atlanta.. Yes I hear older people use the word "n*gger" every now and then but it is usually frowned upon by the majority.

But in my 27 years of living I've never experienced and kind of act of hate/racism.. Such as whites attacking a black guy for dating a white girl, or something a long that... I live in a town with less than 10,000 population, and is full of "good ol boys" and "rednecks", and about 60% black... Interacial dating is pretty common.. Though I'm sure some of the whites (as well as blacks) frown upon it, it's pretty common and nothing bad comes from it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: yeah, it was two friends that walked the same street carrying assault rifles which were legal to do. Police will usually stop you and check you out, but in the black guys case he was looking down the barrel of multiple guns, had a canine ready to eat his face and was arrested and later released with no charges.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: yeah, it was two friends that walked the same street carrying assault rifles which were legal to do. Police will usually stop you and check you out, but in the black guys case he was looking down the barrel of multiple guns, had a canine ready to eat his face and was arrested and later released with no charges.

Hold up. It is LEGAL to carry ASSAULT RIFLES? No wonder people shoot up the cinemas in US...

Anyhow. Yeah. That sucks. He has a good lawsuit basis there. If he wants to pursue it. And he should

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Xrated48

Yep

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@chimeroid: in many places it is legal to carry assualt rifles, however, may I remind you the major majority of "shoot-ups" are done with hand guns.

I'd sue in a heart beat.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've gotten pulled over for about 5 walking while blacks, so probably.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: No Sharpton puppetts or college know it alls.

Don't get mad beecause you're insecure over your own ignorance

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@cgoodness: No Sharpton puppets or college know it alls.

Don't get mad because you're insecure over your own ignorance

No Caption Provided

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Because you're one of those racism isnt a big issue anymore, people.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@cgoodness: Because you're one of those racism isnt a big issue anymore, people.

No Caption Provided

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: So instead of making a logical argument you post pics, ok.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#129  Edited By Pyrogram
@chimeroid said:
@jnr6lil said:
@maccyd said:

Racism towards "white minorities" is more common here, which is why I usually find comments about "whites should check their privileges" etc ironic.

So white privilege doesn't exist because of a few negative comments against white people?

'scuse me, but what exactly are white privileges? As far as all laws go there is none. Can you blame the white person for the "gangsta" culture of black people? or the poor backgrounds of the immigrants? Do you claim there are not overly privileged black people? Do you for instance say Chris Evans has more privileges than Will Smith?

I'm a training police officer and I can tell you black people are more likely to be stopped than white people. White privileges exists.

I'm white.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

There is some small hint for racism but no one is taking any care of it. THe government just act like nothing's happening and they are letting racists just walk away after they've had commited something.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Of course not. I live in Melbourne. ^_^

Erm... Don't watch Romper Stomper...

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Racism is a problem everywhere because people are naturally biased towards their own groups.

Do I think it's a major problem in the United States? No. Anybody who thinks the US has major problems with race should take a peek at the rest of the world. Most nations are nearly monochrome because of racism. If there is a nation that is as racially diverse as the U.S, with as little problems, I don't know of it.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: White supremacy is more of a problem in the U.S.

Racism is way more institutional than overt. Just because whites and blacks may be friends now walking down the street doesn't meam that racism is little now.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@batwatch said:

Racism is a problem everywhere because people are naturally biased towards their own groups.

Do I think it's a major problem in the United States? No. Anybody who thinks the US has major problems with race should take a peek at the rest of the world. Most nations are nearly monochrome because of racism. If there is a nation that is as racially diverse as the U.S, with as little problems, I don't know of it.

It's more about institutional racism rather than typical racism, and even if the US is better, doesn't mean it's not at fault too institutionally.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2