is obama a good person?

• 108 results
#51 Edited by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

@batwatch said:

@sog7dc:

That's true.

I think I've seen enough of President Obama to make an informed guess on his character, but you can never know for sure what is in a man's heart.

Which brings up a question that came to mind the other day. Did Hitler think he was a good guy? Did he go to bed thinking, "I did good work out there today," or did he go to sleep thinking, "My mom would be do disappointed."

And for clarity, I am in no way comparing Obama to Hitler.

I'm formerly a history major so maybe I can provide some insight here. Hitler struck me as someone who didn't particularly care if he was doing a good thing, to compare him to a comic character, he seems similar to apocalypse. He just seems to have had a superiority complex.

#52 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

So you think he had no interest in bettering Germany? He just was like, "Worship me! I am God!!!"

#53 Posted by Blade_R (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know and I don't think many of us here actually do either. I think people are basing their answers from a political standpoint. Me and a close family member of mine literally have opposite views on EVERYTHING, but I wouldn't say this person is a bad person just because we disagree about literally everything ever. Does this person piss me off? Lol absolutely , but still not a bad person.

#54 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

@batwatch said:

@sog7dc:

So you think he had no interest in bettering Germany? He just was like, "Worship me! I am God!!!"

I think it's both of those things. He wanted his master race with himself at the top of it all. Much like Apocalypse believed in homo-superior, Hitler believed in his master race. I think Hitler thought he was doing what he and his followers believed they deserved.

#55 Posted by _Ophelia_ (1996 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I know, he seems like a good husband and a good father; and I'm sure his heart is in the right place.

#56 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I wonder what percentage of bad guys...murderers for instance...believe they are bad guys. I would guess most of them would say, I might have done a few things wrong, but I'm still a good guy overall.

Avatar image for callous_adherent
#57 Edited by Callous_Adherent (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@batwatch said:

@sog7dc:

I think it's both of those things. He wanted his master race with himself at the top of it all. Much like Apocalypse believed in homo-superior, Hitler believed in his master race. I think Hitler thought he was doing what he and his followers believed they deserved.

Hitler believed that he was on a divine mission from "providence" to lead the Germanic Volk to hegemony over the developed world and to expunge the influence of the evil Jew (and everything else on his long list of things hated) from the world.

This kind of is Godwin's law though, as Obama isn't anywhere near Hitler in repugnantness.

#58 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@callous_adherent:

I specifically said I wasn't comparing President Obama to Hitler, so Godwin does not apply. We were discussing how you can't judge someone's heart which got me on a tangent of what was in Hitler's heart which led to speculation on his motivations, but nobody reading the conversation from the beginning would think Obama was being compared to Hitler.

#59 Posted by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

I think President Barack Obama is a good person with good intentions.

#60 Posted by BumpyBoo (14825 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell when you haven't met a person.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#61 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (5417 posts) - - Show Bio

History will judge Obama. And SNL.

#62 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@batwatch: Are you kidding? They call him the "Mullah" in Chief all the time.

#63 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

*grumblegrumble*Debil*grumble*daDebil*grumblegrumble*

#64 Posted by w0nd (6804 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know I never met him and everything he does is for the public image, so I won't pretend to dislike him based on how he is on the camera.

#65 Edited by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

None of us have the right to say yes or no unless we have actually met him. Most presidents have an outer appearance of being approachable and friendly, and Obama is known for being overly interactive with people that he doesn't have to and joking around so I would say yes, but like I said, who knows.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
#66 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8094 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama? Yeah, I know 'em. He's ben' 'n 'n out mah bar few times. Good lad he is.

#67 Posted by RuggedMax (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to judge someone before I've given them a fair chance to show me what kind of person they are.

#68 Edited by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591:

Cite one example where any FOX host has ever called the President Mullah in Cheif. If you can't, it will appear you were mistaken.

#69 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@batwatch: Sorry, I could've sworN I remember Pirro calling him that, but I forgot that Limbaugh wasn't on Fox News, but they have called him a Muslim. The Turks certainly have kept a record on it.

Loading Video...
#70 Edited by comicace3 (12437 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

This is probably the most heated subject to make a thread on since religion and abortion.

FIRE AWAY!!!

#72 Edited by Nefarious (35676 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#73 Edited by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: Fox News is the best news! That good propaganda!

#74 Edited by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591:

I wrote a longer response, but my smart phone ate it, so let me crank out the basics again.

I can see how you could mix up FOX and Rush easily. No big.

The assertion made by you and another is that FOX calls Obama a Muslim all the time, but that's simply not true. In the 50,000 or so hours that Fox has been on the air since Obama has taken office, the closest you can find is one segment where a host wrongly said that Obama was raised a Muslim (not that he currently was a Muslim) and one segment (broken into two clips) where a host and guest discussed Obama's Muslim friendly actions that contributed to a quarter of the country believing he is a Muslim. If these are the only examples you can scrounge up, FOX. Clearly isn't making these allegations infrequently much less all the time.

#75 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@batwatch: I don't watch Fox News enough to know how many times they call him a Muslim. I just know that they push the agenda that he has relations with Islamic Radicals.

#76 Edited by DianaXKal (520 posts) - - Show Bio

So many people try to talk politics, yet have no clue what they are talking about.

#77 Posted by dngn4774 (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone could be 100% a dick.
#78 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591:

Oh, well that's something completely different. I can document President Obama's connections to the Muslim Brotherhood (note that I am not saying he is a secret member of the Brotherhood or any such nonsense) or the times he backed a Muslim group that caused a lot of bloodshed if you are interested. Neither of those points are to say that he himself is a Muslim, however. I think he has other reasons for these actions.

I don't know what FOX has said about these matters, but to come back to the original discussion, FOX gets demonized a lot as crap journalism, and though I'm fully willing to admit they have a conservative bias and they shill for the GOP, I find that most of the big allegations against them fall apart if you actually check their veracity.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#79 Edited by BeaconofStrength (12489 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44356 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

...and we're suppossed to know how...? None of us here has ever met the man personally - so saying he is or isn't is simply an opinion formed out of conjecture.

My N!gga

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#82 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43733 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Edited by XLR87T3 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Edited by Dernman (26357 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He's a politician. Even if someone started out a good person they would get corrupted in that environment.

Avatar image for superlightning123
#86 Posted by Superlightning123 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: He ain't jewish. Extremely random question.......but do you play black ops 2?

#88 Posted by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Edited by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591:

Will do.

I don't want to make this case with some half-@ssed source; I want to go ahead and nail this down for my own sake as well as for you, so I'll have to wait until I have some time to actually research. There's a possibility that I might get to it tomorrow, but it might have to wait until I have a day off which is a few days away.

Anyway, I'll present my case later. If I forget and don't back to you within a week, feel free to post a thread saying I make baseless accusations.

#90 Posted by themongoose (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: he's a decent president I mean he lied to get in office

Just like every other president.As for him being a good person I could care less as long as he does his job he's

fine with me .It's not like Im going to invite him over my house for Christmas dinner.

#91 Posted by lordraiden (9666 posts) - - Show Bio

He's an upper class person who was groomed by the upper elite to be put into position to carry out their policies, you decide.

#92 Edited by Straight-Fire (27476 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

Hard to tell when you haven't met a person.

Exactly.

#93 Edited by force_echo (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@callous_adherent said:

@superguy1591: He's up to a century late with his healthcare policies and a good decade late with his support of the LGBT community. Which I guess is progress for America.

Uhh, and this is a criticism of HIM in what way? I mean, are you seriously blaming a president for enacting national healthcare and supporting LGBT rights simply on the basis that these issues haven't been adequately treated up to that point? What? That's like criticizing doctors vaccinating polio in Africa because polio vaccines are old news for the western world.

#94 Edited by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

None of you know.

#95 Posted by XLR87T3 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: He ain't jewish. Extremely random question.......but do you play black ops 2?

Call of Duty sucks donkey balls!

#96 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: Ah just curious, someone had the gamer tag of xlr87t3 x ghost :P, just wondering if that was you or not.

#97 Posted by XLR87T3 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#99 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he not be?

#100 Posted by XLR87T3 (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: I don't have xbox live, but I've played online once over my friend's house, a few years ago. I reeeeaally hope that isn't my gamer-tag! I doubt it.