Is Mitt Romney's religion going to make him win?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Mr. Mitt Romney is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints, or more popularly known as Mormon's church though they're not worshipping Mormon because Mormon is a prophet.

Will his religion help him win?

Well, to think that being a member of the aformentioned church means we're gonna get moral standards, he could probably make America a better place.

So what do you all think?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
I don't see how... Mormon is not really like the type of American Protestant Christian belief we have in America... but Romney does have that other factor that people love in their politician...... He's White and The Other Guy is Not. 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@jhazzroucher: Well if you take into account his "F**K you if you're not rich" policies and happen to be a millionaire or billionaire then sure he'll make this country fine and dandy for you, but if you're in any other tax bracket things are gonna get a lot rougher for you

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

What does his religion have to do with his overall agenda? Nothing.  

If the man wants to make the economy rise by cutting spending over seas and using that money to circulate here and build more jobs then that has nothing to do with his religious views.

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheSecondOpinion
@joshmightbe said:

@jhazzroucher: Well if you take into account his "F**K you if you're not rich" policies and happen to be a millionaire or billionaire then sure he'll make this country fine and dandy for you, but if you're in any other tax bracket things are gonna get a lot rougher for you

Obama is the one raising the taxes and causing more inflation. 

Might as well turn the other way and get those taxes cut for the middle class and deflate the spending over seas so we can build the economy back. Haven't you ever realized that a lot if not most of our products are created by other countries? These countries don't make us these products for free. We pay them. 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad

Yeah it is. Cause about 99% of American voters are Mormons.

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

There were a lot of Mormons that rather have voted for Ron Paul, but that didn't happen..

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

@TheSecondOpinion said:

What does his religion have to do with his overall agenda? Nothing.

Gonna have to call bullsh*t on that, just a little bit...

Because I'm sure religion has nothing to do with that.

At all.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

His religion will not give him victory.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nick_hero22

I hope not

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheSecondOpinion: Mitt is a big fan of Businesses out sourcing to countries where its okay to pay people a nickle a day. So all those "Job Creators" he wants to help will only be creating jobs outside of America. Also he doesn't want middle class tax cuts, he wants to give tax cuts to people making 6 figure salaries or more while hiking taxes on everyone else. At least Obama is raising everyone's, not just the ones who are already struggling. Obama may not be the best choice but he's way better than Romney.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

@King Saturn said:

I don't see how... Mormon is not really like the type of American Protestant Christian belief we have in America... but Romney does have that other factor that people love in their politician...... He's White and The Other Guy is Not.

Unless your McCain :P

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
@Strafe Prower said:

@King Saturn said:

Unless your McCain :P

good point...
MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MasterJohn

All I see here is jealous liberals, who hate Rich and Religious people. Mitt Romney's likability, Mitt Romney's heart, and Mitt Romney's political and business experience will help him WIN.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Project_Worm

IMO? Nothing is going to make him win...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Glitch_Spawn: That's completely unnecessary.  That user has over 400 posts and plenty have nothing to do with political discussions.  Please edit that post.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
@MasterJohn said:

All I see here is jealous liberals, who hate Rich and Religious people. Mitt Romney's likability, Mitt Romney's heart, and Mitt Romney's political and business experience will help him WIN.

such touching words coming from a conservative... 
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I guess it would be an advantage and disadvantage.

Same thing for Obama being an African American.

(I don't know much about politics though)

TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheSecondOpinion
@joshmightbe said:

@TheSecondOpinion: Mitt is a big fan of Businesses out sourcing to countries where its okay to pay people a nickle a day. So all those "Job Creators" he wants to help will only be creating jobs outside of America. Also he doesn't want middle class tax cuts, he wants to give tax cuts to people making 6 figure salaries or more while hiking taxes on everyone else. At least Obama is raising everyone's, not just the ones who are already struggling. Obama may not be the best choice but he's way better than Romney.

I honestly didn't want Romney to win the GOP, but he has, and apparently was enlightened by some of the ideas (good ideas) by Ron Paul. 

As for the taxes 6 figure salary cuts, "You've been President for 4 years, you've been raising taxes. You're saying I'm going to cut taxes for but in this recession I'm not going to tax anyone." 

"The revenue I get,  is by more people working, getting higher pay, paying more taxes. That's how we get growths and balance the budget. But the idea of taxing people more and putting people out of work, you'll never get there. You'll never balance the budget by raising taxes." 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By nefarious

No.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Religion being a factor? Please. Religion and Christianity in specifics have been going down the toilet ever since Bush got out. Now it's almost illegal to say anything to support Israel.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By ImmortalOne

@joshmightbe said:

Not to mention the fact that he switches through his "point of view" on subjects like clothes. Every new state he goes to, he just says what they want to hear, and now he's winning.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By SuperTide

no

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By willpayton

@ImmortalOne said:

@joshmightbe said:

Not to mention the fact that he switches through his "point of view" on subjects like clothes. Every new state he goes to, he just says what they want to hear, and now he's winning.

I posted this in another thread, but it seemed appropriate here because it came up. This is one of the main problems with Romney, and actually why many Republicans dont like him. It's easy to find quotes from Republicans during the primaries saying how they hate him and how they will lose if he runs. The guy will say anything to win, because that's his only goal. He doesnt really care if he's pro or against any issue, he'll take whatever stance will get him votes.

Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton said:

@ImmortalOne said:

@joshmightbe said:

I posted this in another thread, but it seemed appropriate here because it came up. This is one of the main problems with Romney, and actually why many Republicans dont like him. It's easy to find quotes from Republicans during the primaries saying how they hate him and how they will lose if he runs. The guy will say anything to win, because that's his only goal. He doesnt really care if he's pro or against any issue, he'll take whatever stance will get him votes.

One does not simply see that Romney is a DC character? 

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nick_hero22

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@MasterJohn said:

If you don't like the vine or any of it's users. Get the duck off it. I'm tired of seeing all these agenda filled people who make accounts just to make people mad.

Just duck off.

I agree and Romney loses

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MasterJohn

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@MasterJohn said:

If you don't like the vine or any of it's users. Get the duck off it. I'm tired of seeing all these agenda filled people who make accounts just to make people mad.

Just duck off.

Oh I love the Vine, and I love it's users. I just don't like the ideology of the Liberals on the vine, who discourage success and blame the Rich for the problems of America.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By willpayton

@MasterJohn said:

Oh I love the Vine, and I love it's users. I just don't like the ideology of the Liberals on the vine, who discourage success and blame the Rich for the problems of America.

No one here is blaming the rich for anything. Maybe one day you'll learn to use your brain instead of just regurgitating the talking points you get on Fox News. Stop being a mindless drone, it's pathetic.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MasterJohn

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

No one here is blaming the rich for anything. Maybe one day you'll learn to use your brain instead of just regurgitating the talking points you get on Fox News. Stop being a mindless drone, it's pathetic.

I like 2 shows on Fox. O'reily and Hannity. My normal news is CNN, which I have to turn off most of the time because they are so liberally biased.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Perfect Cell
@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

I like 2 shows on Fox. O'reily and Hannity. My normal news is CNN, which I have to turn off most of the time because they are so liberally biased.

O'Really???
MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MasterJohn

@Perfect Cell said:

@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

O'Really???

Yes, and Liberals love Moring joe, and Martin Bashir.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

Ignore the bias and change channels frequently. I hope this helps.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Perfect Cell

I use the news to observe information, but not absorb it to my decisions. In other words, I don't allow the news to brain wash me.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By willpayton

@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

If you like O'Reilly and Hannity then that explains a lot. Hannity is the worst show there is on that Republican propaganda network. I cant even stand to watch that guy without wanting to punch his face in.

CNN is not liberal, if anything their problem is that they try too hard to be "objective", which results in them giving people too much slack on the bullshit they say. You probably think NPR is also liberal, and that Fox is actually "fair and balanced"... am I right?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By _Zombie_

If anything, his religion is going to work against him. Most people consider Mormons to be complete nuts.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MasterJohn

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

If you like O'Reilly and Hannity then that explains a lot. Hannity is the worst show there is on that Republican propaganda network. I cant even stand to watch that guy without wanting to punch his face in.

CNN is not liberal, if anything their problem is that they try too hard to be "objective", which results in them giving people too much slack on the bullshit they say. You probably think NPR is also liberal, and that Fox is actually "fair and balanced"... am I right?

You won't get to punch his face you Loon. Geesh, there is just so much violence in the World.

Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper, and Erin Burnett are liberal. But, they do not compare to the Far left Communist Martin Bashir. Martin is just a disgrace to the Constitution. The NPR executive, Gary Knell is very liberal. Very, very, liberal. I don't know if the NPR themselves are. Fox is not fair and balanced, just as CNN is not, MSNBC is not. What other news is there? I don't want to watch that NUT Alex Jones.

Enough said.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By willpayton

@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

@WillPayton said:

@MasterJohn said:

You won't get to punch his face you Loon. Geesh, there is just so much violence in the World.

Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper, and Erin Burnett are liberal. But, they do not compare to the Far left Communist Martin Bashir. Martin is just a disgrace to the Constitution. The NPR executive, Gary Knell is very liberal. Very, very, liberal. I don't know if the NPR themselves are. Fox is not fair and balanced, just as CNN is not, MSNBC is not. What other news is there? I don't want to watch that NUT Alex Jones.

Sorry, not going to bother watching the videos because Alex Jones is an idiot and a nut.

There's plenty of news out there. How about Reuters or BBC. Please do yourself a favor and stop watching Fox, or at least watch it realizing it's almost all propaganda and hatred against Obama and the Democrats. I'm actually shocked if I ever see anything on that network that isnt horribly biased, one-sides, or just plain lies. Yes, MSNBC is a liberal network, but they're not as far-left as Fox News is far-right. That's because MSNBC at least tries to be a news network, while Fox News is just propaganda with an agenda.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
Stevens61310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stevens61310

I don't think he wins at all. And not because of his religion. I think that he has gone back and forth on so many issues that by the time the election rolls around most will be onto his chameleon-like campaigning.

Having said that my father-in-law who is a dyed in the wool give me my guns and Bible Republican, lives in a rock solid Bible belt Red State, and can't tolerate Obama is voting for Obama. Because in his mind next to Mitt Romney--Obama is a rock solid choice for President. Romney--well isn't.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VanTesla

I think his religion will hurt him more than help him for many protestant, chatholic, and black people that have read the book of Mormon... My reason for believing this is many of the other major christian orginizations like the Catholic and Protestant don't believe Mormons to be part of the christian group and usually look at them as liars of twisting Jesus and etc. Heck it took ages for a Catholic person to be president for the Protestant push back and both of them would rather have one of them instead of a Mormon. If you read the book of Mormon then you know why a black person would on average not vote for one... I have nothing against Mormons and there have been many great people that are Mormons, but for those more extreme religious or anti-religious groups they will not vote for him most likely.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Mormons are not Christians.

they're also Christians.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By protectyournose

The Church of Jesus Christ is the most common religion in the USA

So yes it should help him win definitly:)

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I don't give a crap about someone's religion.

This is what I care to know. He is not a nice man.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By Swagger462

I'm not sure if this still applies but during the early days of the 2008 election this points to the answer. I know polls aren't great as evidence, especially one that stands alone but it's a ballpark indication I think.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Magethor

Posting this to push the "football spam" threads to the second forum page since they don't need to be on the 1st page.