Is it racist for parents/grandparents to want genetic purity for their next generation?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it racist for parents/grandparents to want genetic purity for their next generation? (34 votes)

Yes it definitely is regardless of excuses 53%
No they have the right to think that way 41%
It depends on the race such as (insert answer) 6%

Genetic purity as in having certain features i.e. certain hair color/eye color/skin color or maintaining a certain ethnic bloodline. The gene pool isn't "diluted" in their minds.

• 
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1 Lunacyde  Moderator

The idea of genetic purity is a joke.

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. By definition.

TheEngima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's genetic impurity?

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here comes abstract making excuses and saying it's not racist😂😂.

Definitely racist.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theengima: ask abstractraze. He believes black people are genetically violent and criminals. And won't date a black person because they're black🥴🥴

TheEngima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@theengima: ask abstractraze. He believes black people are genetically violent and criminals. And won't date a black person because they're black🥴🥴

Being Black, I understand that last part as preference instead of racism, but the first part DEF racism

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is anti love

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theengima: if you simply don't date black people for being black but will date Whites and asians, it's definitely not just a preference, because preference means that you would date black people but you found one ethnicity more attractive. Anyone that claims they don't like black people for the color of their skin is racist.

TheEngima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes. By definition. It's ridiculous that this even needs to be an argument.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its reasonable.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UltraPhoenix

It's more about intent rather than actions, why are they so interested in "genetic purity" or some arbitrary traits like hair, eye, or skin colour? I can understand people wanting to have healthy children but race/ethnicity doesn't really play a role in that. It's also ok to have racial preferences but, is it because you're attracted to a specific race or is out of hate?

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraphoenix: look at people like kirks even believe that other people are genetically inpure.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: Yeah that's pretty cringe.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously.

The term genetic purity already is so messed up

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@ultraphoenix: look at people like kirks even believe that other people are genetically inpure.

I don't really consider anyone to be ''pure'' before you turn it into a race issue.

I see no issue with having a preference for your kids to have certain genetic traits over others though.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what you define as purity.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

I don't really consider anyone to be ''pure'' before you turn it into a race issue.

I see no issue with having a preference for your kids to have certain genetic traits over others though.

the problem though is preference is often rooted in fetishism, self loathing and racism. See for example, the widespread problem with Asian women in western culture who have preference for white men and shun at their own males. Yet, in East asian culture, these women prefer to date Asian men. Same thing can be said for many Indians, who have a preference for white skin that is tied to their racist caste system and looking at white skin as beautiful.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: yes you do, or why would you say that considering a race genetically "not pure" is "reasonable".??

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun:

You think that it’s reasonable to consider a race not pure?

How could you?

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yay, another dumb race thread in Off-Topic. Now I just have to wait for @teaganwallis to post a video of some crazy religious person saying something outrageous and my day will be complete.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lunacyde  Moderator

There’s a distinct difference between “I’m just not attracted to X people” and “I don’t want my grandchildren to have any traits of X people because I want them to be ‘racially pure’”.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: ???? What?? This makes no sense. There's no such thing as purity. If I think "race purity" is racist it also implies that I don't believe in race impurity because it would imply race purity exists🥴🥴🥴🥴 you really tried doing something but just came out looking a bit "touched" on the head.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: no, even that is racist. If the skin of a person makes you think they're ugly, or "not good enough for you" you're most definitely racist.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@lunacyde: no, even that is racist. If the skin of a person makes you think they're ugly, or "not good enough for you" you're most definitely racist.

That's ridiculous. People are allowed to have preferences about who they wish to be involved with romantically.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunacyde  Moderator

@olorun: Who said anything about being ugly or not good enough for you? Attraction is far more complicated than that. You cannot control who you are attracted to and you shouldn’t force yourself on someone you aren’t attracted to.

That being said, I personally don’t understand how someone could not be attracted to someone just because of their race or ethnicity. There are gorgeous women of every race and ethnicity in my opinion.

But it’s not my place to judge others feelings of attraction.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: jesus christ, I've already explained the difference between preference and straight out racism in this thread. If you lot can't bother read a 20 post thread with at least 4 posts with this point being acknowledged why @ me??

The Last time; a preference does not equal to disliking someone, if you dislike someone for the skin of their color you're simply racist.

A preference would be you liking Russian girls more, doesn't mean you don't like Malaysian girls. It simply says you have a fetish for those people.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: you don't understand how some people here on this site wouldn't want to date black people simply for being black?? 👀 Not sure if you're joking or if it was a rhetoric question leading to an epiphany of something as simple as

*drumrolls* racism😑

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: you can't control who you're attracted to?? This is literally the affect of culture on beauty standards being displayed and your answer is "well idk"

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AbstractRaze

Because of tribalism, some people advocate for the idea to preserve their own distinct racial traits because of origin, cultural relationship, identification, etc... that's why in Europe, independently of the nationality, Europeans most likely interbreed with each other, because Europeans know that their countries were always culturally coexisting, the Renaissance was a product of western Europe's mutual collaboration.

This is a similar path on other countries, like the USA, New Zealand, Canada and Australia, countries that were primarily established by European immigration and therefore Western intellectualism, and people want to preserve that.

Now, if a black individual tells their children to keep their racial traits because other races are inferior and therefore not worthy to share their own rights, that would be racist.

-

It depends a lot on the narrative, people have the freedom to advocate for the preservation of their own races than rather following a path of extinction.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lunacyde  Moderator

@olorun: It isn’t just cultural though. There are a myriad of factors playing into anyone’s unique sense of attraction. You cannot dictate who a person should be attracted to.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: here comes the German white guy talking about preserving race...

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AbstractRaze

@olorun: Yes, I'm proudly white and german, something else? How much times I have to repeat to the likes of you that you can't intimidate me with such narratives, I'm an individual that is free from such chains.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: culture plays a significant role in beauty standards luna( May I call you luna?), how are these other even relevant to skin color? Factors such as symetry?? When no one is perfectly symmetrical? You can't just say "yh it's comes from the factors I know nothing about" and then move on like you just didn't make an excuse.

Of course I can't, but I can point out the clear cultural bias against a certain group of people that you hold no??

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lunacyde  Moderator

Race and culture are two different things. You don’t need to “preserve race” to preserve culture. Also, race is not genetic.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: you know exactly what he means, he knows the difference, we had this discussion before, he simply doesn't want black kids as he said he would date Asian women🥴.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mimisalome

I would not hold it against them.

I would not consider it as something bad.

As long as they aren't harming anybody with it and is not causing other people problems, it their own personal preference.

In short I would not lable them as "racists" which is a word that have a negative connotation about it.

That word is something that I only reserve for someone who commit something reprehensible, unfair, and harmful to others because of their racial prejudice.

I like a world where people and culture are diverse.

To be honest, I would find it really boring if all humans end up looking very much like each other.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: you wouldn't hold them believing in racial purity?? You don't consider this a clear racist belief?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lunacyde  Moderator

@olorun: That I hold? I already said I find women from all different groups attractive. I have dated women from several different races, ethnicities and cultural backgrounds and had some great relationships with them. This isn’t about me personally, but about the general idea that someone is racist based on factors that are partially out of their control. I think when it comes to romantic partners you should be able to date whoever is a good fit for you. If a woman of another race just isn’t attractive to you that isn’t racist. Now, if you consciously make the decision to say “I won’t date anyone who is X, because I don’t like their race” then that is a totally different situation.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Olorun

@lunacyde: oh my bad, when I say "you hold" it's not actually you as in you(lunacyde) 😂😂😂. It's a way of speaking in the sense I'm supposed to be talking in the third person. Been talking like that since I can remember and it weirded my teachers out.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven said:
@olorun said:

the problem though is preference is often rooted in fetishism, self loathing and racism. See for example, the widespread problem with Asian women in western culture who have preference for white men and shun at their own males. Yet, in East asian culture, these women prefer to date Asian men. Same thing can be said for many Indians, who have a preference for white skin that is tied to their racist caste system and looking at white skin as beautiful.

Its possible white men are simply more attractive to women on a genetic level, rather than some unsupported idea of 'self hate'.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it isn't.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@kirkseven said:
@harrynorine said:
@kirkseven said:
@olorun said:

Its possible white men are simply more attractive to women on a genetic level, rather than some unsupported idea of 'self hate'.

Sure, its possible, but I am not aware of any empirical evidence to suggest such a claim. We do know that cultural standards do shape people's perceptions of what is attractive and unattractive.

You also need to distinguish between what is attractive to a single individual on a personal level and a general trend of women in general and their preferences.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mike_Fowler

Genuine question, how the hell is it not? Cause in all honesty, I question people that claim that that particular reasoning isn’t

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn’t say it’s racist, just that it’s dumb. Though there can definitely be racist motivations.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mimisalome

@olorun said:

@mimisalome: you wouldn't hold them believing in racial purity?? You don't consider this a clear racist belief?

Why would I hold them for believing into something?

Jews believe that they are the chosen people, Christians believe that they are the children of God, many Atheists think that theists are stupid, etc.

As long as they don't harm others for believing into something, why would I condemn them so?

It's their lives, they can choose whichever way they want to live it.

I mean maybe their motives are driven by familial duty, or personal appreciation of aesthetic preference.

None of that sounds racist to me, just people having their own obligations to follow or things and ideas that they prefer.

Again I only reserve the words "racist" or "racism" for harmful, unfair, degrading, and offensive actions that are driven by racial hate, disdain, or disgust.

People now a days use the word so liberally that it pretty much lose it's meaning.

It's not my habit to actively look for things that could offends me, nor it is my habit to imagine that everyone who thinks differently or have different preferences from me are driven by malicious intent.

Like I said, I prefer a world of variety, where people can enjoy doing and believing different things and

can be proud of themselves for being unique and different.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: what kind of dumb question is this?? "yh, I don't think believing that other races are impure is actually racist".

Yh maybe, you're hiding something because that would be a clear cut example of racism.