Is it Official ? is Conor Mcgregor OFFICIALY the Best fighter of our generation ?

• 66 results
DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there anyone better than him in ANY other discipline ?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chuck Norris.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

John Cena

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prob a martial artist training in some obscure area part of a Monastic Order.

Or Steven Segal.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock lesner

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

In an all out fight Conor can whoop anyone that doesn't have a massive size or weight advantage

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, some pudgy drone operator that spends their time behind a computer desk is by far the more effective fighter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you mean mma fighter?

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you mean mma fighter?

I think he means fighter in general.

But almost certainly the best MMA fighter will also be the best fighter in general.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Everyone likes to through around goat prematurely..Lets see if Conor can mantain and defend his belt for a long stretch of time..And if he can do that, then he undoubtedly becomes one of the definitive Goats of UFC..But as of right now he is easily one of the best and most elite Ufc fighters fighting right now.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No nate beat him twice

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Conor Mcgregor, as talented as he is, had a fairly easy fight in Eddie Alvarez. Styles make Fights and Eddie's style is just the perfect style for Conor.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Jones is a more complete fighter, but he's also a bit of a moron.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has one of the best left hands and timing out of most all fighters.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In an all out fight Conor can whoop anyone that doesn't have a massive size or weight advantage

This

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Probably some guy from a third world country who's been trafficked through underground fighting pits since he was 5.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yoel Romero would smoke him.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe he is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC at this moment.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where Jon jones at?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Where Jon jones at?

He's up there but I feel like a couple fighters are more skilled. Jon Jones at his best is the best of our generation.

That's not fair. Being a Martian gives him certain advantages.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A shaolin Monk would put him down immediately

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor McGregor Is The Best Fighter Of Our Generation. The Reason Being Is His Showmanship And Backing It Up With His Fists. How Many Times Can You Say That You Got Your Money's Worth While Watching A Floyd Mayweather Fight ? Floyd Is Also One Of The Best Fighters Of Our Generation... But Floyd's Style Can Be Boring To Watch At Times. 90 Percent Of The Time McGregor's Fights End With Him Knocking Out Or TKO His Opponent And He Talks Crap Like No Other Fighter On Top Of That To Build The Fight Up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Nope, Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter of our generation, boxing or MMA.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_panther18: best boxer for sure, but any grappling expert would decimate him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I don't understand the criteria you guys are going by. Manny Pacquiao is the only fighter in the history of the world to win titles in EIGHT divisions. Floyd Mayweather is 49-0 and went through everybody like nothing. People can even throw in Oscar De La Hoya, Jon Jones, Demetrius Johnson, or Anderson Silva, etc. Conor is a great fighter and will definitely go down as one of the best in mma and combat sports in general. But exactly how is he the GOAT of our generation?

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mortein

Honestly, if we want to decide who is the best fighter, I don't see a reason why should we take into considerations weight divisions. Weight divisions only exist because smaller fighters wouldn't be able to handle larger ones, and would get stomped.

The best best fighter of our generation is the best open weight MMA fighter. So that would be someone like Fedor or Cain.

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsb:

@mortein said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Do you mean mma fighter?

I think he means fighter in general.

But almost certainly the best MMA fighter will also be the best fighter in general.

MMa Maybe.

Fighters in general? No definatly not.

There are people who have trained to fight since birth mastered the art and are far older than this guy.

No way he is the best figter of our generation.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter of our generation, boxing or MMA.

I used to think this... but Floyd Mayweather simply Decision his way to Wins... Mayweather never Finishes Fights anymore and to me that's a problem for someone who is to be considered the Greatest Fighter of this Generation.

Yeah I don't understand the criteria you guys are going by. Manny Pacquiao is the only fighter in the history of the world to win titles in EIGHT divisions. Floyd Mayweather is 49-0 and went through everybody like nothing. People can even throw in Oscar De La Hoya, Jon Jones, Demetrius Johnson, or Anderson Silva, etc. Conor is a great fighter and will definitely go down as one of the best in mma and combat sports in general. But exactly how is he the GOAT of our generation?

Quality of the Fighters Skills and Showmanship. Manny Pacquiao is a close one... because those Eight Division Title Reigns is Something Unique... but Pac Man hardly KO's anyone anymore though he is still amazing to see. Floyd Mayweather dances too much and picks his shots in 12 rounds to win essentially every fight he has had in this Generation. Floyd hardly ever Finishes a Fight anymore with Excitement. Mighty Mouse is a Nice Call... Jon Jones to some degree... the drug tests taint his legacy IMO. Anderson Silva eh, it's the way he has looked since Weidman that hurts him being GOAT now.

Conor has 2 Weight Division Belts and is either winning by KO / TKO or getting Choked Out by a Crazy Diaz Brother which only happened Once. Pacquiao and Mayweather easily have Better Records than Conor but Conor always brings it and usually someone is getting Laid Out in the Cage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Conor has not yet made a title defense. Isn't that important?

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mortein

There are people who have trained to fight since birth mastered the art and are far older than this guy.

I don't think Conor is the best, but can you name one person who is not an mma fighter, who could defeat current UFC HW champion if they are both naked?

And fighting here :

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I don't think showmanship is necessarily a needed characteristic for a fighter. Yeah Conor does a lot of it and is mostly good on backing it up and creating a spectacle. But sometimes he goes overboard and makes himself seem like a damn clown. Like the overreaction when Alvarez threw that chair behind him at the recent press conference or that bottle throwing crap with Nate. It just screams WWE.

I don't think showmanship is proper criteria for deciding on best fighter. There are plenty of fighters who are considered the best by many, who didn't create a circus every time they promoted a fight. If KO's and TKO's are something you look for then by that standard, GGG is right there with him.

Edit: Sorry for tagging you again in that other duplicate post. Something weird happened.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I don't think showmanship is necessarily a needed characteristic for a fighter. Yeah Conor does a lot of it and is mostly good on backing it up and creating a spectacle. But sometimes he goes overboard and makes himself seem like a damn clown. Like the overreaction when Alvarez threw that chair behind him at the recent press conference or that bottle throwing crap with Nate. It just screams WWE.

I don't think showmanship is proper criteria for deciding on best fighter. There are plenty of fighters who are considered the best by many, who didn't create a circus every time they promoted a fight. If KO's and TKO's are something you look for then by that standard, GGG is right there with him.

Edit: Sorry for tagging you again in that other duplicate post. Something weird happened.

Really ? You ever heard of this guy named Muhammad Ali ? Ali was Huge on Showmanship and Backing it Up is one of the Reasons why people see him as the GOAT in Boxing. Yeah Conor can go Overboard but it is what it is.

Gennady Golovkin is Great but many of his KO's came against lesser competition too. Part of that is a lot of people are afraid to fight him though... plus GGG isn't really big on any time of Showmanship either. It helps a lot when you are an exciting fighter who at least talks a little smack.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

He's the GOAT. I just made this

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: Easy any shaolin monk or guy who has trained his/her whole life fighting.

Persians,Spartans other soldiers from birth etc.

You can say yeah they have weapons etc. Buy they are trained from birth to the core it's not for sport and they are soldiers ( most of them they have strong minds in battles.)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mortein: Easy any shaolin monk or guy who has trained his/her whole life fighting.

Persians,Spartans other soldiers from birth etc.

You can say yeah they have weapons etc. Buy they are trained from birth to the core it's not for sport and they are soldiers ( most of them they have strong minds in battles.)

Physically and mentally they probably were. But skill and technique-wise? Nah.

Considering MMA is a mix of best of modern and old (which have been improved in the meantime) martial over the past few thousand years from a variety of continents, I can't see many ancient fighters last in pure hand-to-hand against a modern fighter of a similar build.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Well yeah you're right about Ali. Maybe showmanship is or should be a part of determining whether a fighter is blah blah blah (GOAT, best of a generation, etc.). Idk. You're also right with GGG not being a big talker, showman or whatever. But I don't think that hurts his chances of being considered the best later down the line. Or that lack of showmanship hurts a fighter's chances at being considered the best. Anyway, I was just in a way bringing balance and questioning why people would think Conor is the best of our generation. Which I don't agree with.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably some guy from a third world country who's been trafficked through underground fighting pits since he was 5.

You wouldn't have the same level of professional training or nutrition, a lot smaller pool of potential fighters and more likely to sustain permanent or life ending injuries.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate had neither, and he choked Conor silly.

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By superkryptonian

POUND FOR POUND, arguably yes. However in total no, that's Jon Bones Jones, Vitor Belfort back in Pride, or GSP in his prime. However this is sport fighting as otherwise I'm sure a NAVY Seal

or Delta Force could throw down with anyone.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

You wouldn't have the same level of professional training or nutrition, a lot smaller pool of potential fighters and more likely to sustain permanent or life ending injuries.

Nutrition and training wouldn't be an issue, they'd keep them in shape and literally their entire life would revolve around training from dawn till dusk to kill. A large number would have completely fracked up bodies, but there'd be the few who wouldn't and they'd be utter abominations.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dextersinister1

@rogueshadow: An organization that exists to house, maintain and train dozens if not hundreds of people for the express purpose of fighting 1vs1 h2h does not exist outside of fiction. It would require a crazy amount of resources.

Illegal fighting is made up of people who walk off the streets, far more profitable. Not a secretly trained group of fighters raised at no expense from birth.

You also would still have the problem of the genetic lottery. MMA fighters would be the best from around the world, this would be what they've got and that's it. Chances they would even have the natural ability to compete would be very slim.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dextersinister1 said:

@rogueshadow: An organization that exists to house, maintain and train dozens if not hundreds of people for the express purpose of fighting 1vs1 h2h does not exist outside of fiction. It would require a crazy amount of resources.

Illegal fighting is made up of people who walk off the streets, far more profitable. Not a secretly trained group of fighters raised at no expense from birth.

You also would still have the problem of the genetic lottery. MMA fighters would be the best from around the world, this would be what they've got and that's it. Chances they would even have the natural ability to compete would be very slim.

You thinking I'm talking about ninjas or some crazy sh*t. I mean more in the vein of gipsy fights with trafficked kids, which most definitely do exist, all over the world.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benjamin_poindexter: In their second fight Nate came in as a legit welter weight and he couldn't beat Conor. Don't say he wasn't a legit welterweight because even Nick and his boxing coach said he was.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: The Goat based on what ? If Conor can take woodley's belt then I'd consider it