Is it Bold or Stupid move to force a New Normal state when the COVID-19 case graph rises hundreds or even thousands every day?

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it Bold or Stupid move to force a New Normal state when the COVID-19 case graph rises hundreds or even thousands every day? (17 votes)

Very Stupid thing to do. 41%
Bold move 29%
Some of the World Government are Scumbags 29%

I do not understand with my government they confidently impose new norms under the pretext of saving the economy because the country's debt has swelled, inflation cannot be suppressed, termination of mass employment that has an impact on the economy is almost collapsing. they madly raise taxes, electricity bills raise the price of basic necessities and tariffs. instead they cover up large cases of corruption in the government rather than chasing the rotten corruptors to return state money. Is it true that their actions even though vaccines have not yet been discovered, they are more concerned with money than human lives. I'm criticizing here because if in an open forum in a government like this I could be jailed.

• 
KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herd immunization.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: its herd immunity and that's not how it works. Its mainly just the US and I'm glad the rest of the world is planning to lock them in, even here in Canada

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those two options aren't mutually exclusive

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm in NY and our governor is taking a very cautious approach.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: its herd immunity and that's not how it works. Its mainly just the US and I'm glad the rest of the world is planning to lock them in, even here in Canada

Happy about that as well. Enjoy your economic crashes. :)

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@DammeFavour said:

Economy is going to shit regardless of the quarantine, people stop spending on commodities during crises, however, you can impose reasonable safety rules and maintain the economy fully. You are just not imaginative/intelligent enough.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KillBilly

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

Economy is going to shit regardless of the quarantine, people stop spending on commodities during crises, however, you can impose reasonable safety rules and maintain the economy fully. You are just not imaginative/intelligent enough.

That's nice. Problem is, what people view as "reasonable safety rules" is going to vary and for good reason. Every place is different and everybody feels differently about the risks they're willing to take. The safest thing we could do would be to stay in a plastic bubble and grow our own food. People aren't going to do that. We have to take measured reasonable responses, not allow fear to rule us. I know that can be hard to do for people like yourself.

I'd also be interested in hearing your plan for reinvigorating the economy to its former levels while keeping the "safety rules" you have now. One that doesn't require a significant increase in taxes.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's important to move around and do a few star jumps, maybe some side bends and toe touches.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's important to move around and do a few star jumps, maybe some side bends and toe touches.

Keeps you limber.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

That's nice. Problem is, what people view as "reasonable safety rules" is going to vary and for good reason. Every place is different and everybody feels differently about the risks they're willing to take. The safest thing we could do would be to stay in a plastic bubble and grow our own food. People aren't going to do that. We have to take measured reasonable responses, not allow fear to rule us. I know that can be hard to do for people like yourself.

I'd also be interested in hearing your plan for reinvigorating the economy to its former levels while keeping the "safety rules" you have now. One that doesn't require a significant increase in taxes.

In Serbia we are working the entire time. Literally nothing has to be closed. Get masks, do tests, measure temperature twice a day. It needs a bit of effort from people, but nothing actually has to stop. Just use common-sense measures. The only businesses that will suffer are night clubs.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

In Serbia we are working the entire time. Literally nothing has to be closed. Get masks, do tests, measure temperature twice a day. It needs a bit of effort from people, but nothing actually has to stop. Just use common-sense measures. The only businesses that will suffer are night clubs.

I don't think I ever said I was against such measures... Why did you assume I was?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

I don't think I ever said I was against such measures... Why did you assume I was?

You don't have to be explicit in wording. Your:

post sent a very clear message. everyone showing symptoms should be locked in. Everyone that was in contact with perosns with symptoms as well.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

post sent a very clear message. everyone showing symptoms should be locked in. Everyone that was in contact with perosns with symptoms as well.

That post was in reference to "locking off the U.S." lol.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

Oh, i misunderstood. But now i kinda like you even less. Are you one of those people from the states that believe that the rest of the world will crash if we don't trade with you?

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KillBilly

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

Oh, i misunderstood. But now i kinda like you even less. Are you one of those people from the states that believe that the rest of the world will crash if we don't trade with you?

Not particularly. Just pointing out that a move like that is definitely done more to "send a message" but that it's going to have obvious economic repercussions. I'd rather it not as it simply causes unnecessary suffering, but that's just how it is. I dislike how people swallow the bullshit they're fed on a daily basis.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chimeroid

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

Not particularly. Just pointing out that a move like that is definitely done more to "send a message" but that it's going to have obvious economic repercussions. I'd rather it not as it simply causes unnecessary suffering, but that's just how it is. I dislike how people swallow the bullshit they're fed on a daily basis.

I mean, you do understand that you have an insane number of infected people and you aren't testing nearly enough. If the States step up with the efforts and idiots in Florida don't keep pretending they can't breathe through a mask for the 20 mintus they spend in the store, sure, we shouldn't let anyone from the states here.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KillBilly

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

I mean, you do understand that you have an insane number of infected people and you aren't testing nearly enough. If the States step up with the efforts and idiots in Florida don't keep pretending they can't breathe through a mask for the 20 mintus they spend in the store, sure, we shouldn't let anyone from the states here.

It's not sustainable in the long term. We'd need to develop a vaccine within the next couple of months ( looking more unlikely by the day ) but even then, COVID19 is a virus so it mutates much faster than other diseases ( not as quickly as something like influenza but it's no measles either ). There's likely going to be subsequent breakouts of this in the years to come. Closing borders and restricting businesses every time it happens just isn't viable.

The economic repercussions can be argued to cause more deaths in the long term than the disease.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

It's not sustainable in the long term. We'd need to develop a vaccine within the next couple of months ( looking more unlikely by the day ) but even then, COVID19 is a virus so it mutates much faster than other diseases ( not as quickly as something like influenza but it's no measles either ). There's likely going to be subsequent breakouts of this in the years to come. Closing borders and restricting businesses every time it happens just isn't viable.

The economic repercussions can be argued to cause more deaths in the long term than the disease.

Dude, COVID already killed like 150k people in USA alone. It's hard to argue that economic repercussions will cause more death. The only thing we are seeing is that the market isn't nearly flexible enough to withstand harsh tests. Which is just a failure of capitalism as a whole. We should all be able to continue working pretty much the same with the exception of night clubs

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KillBilly

@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@chimeroid said:
@killbilly said:
@DammeFavour said:

Dude, COVID already killed like 150k people in USA alone. It's hard to argue that economic repercussions will cause more death. The only thing we are seeing is that the market isn't nearly flexible enough to withstand harsh tests. Which is just a failure of capitalism as a whole. We should all be able to continue working pretty much the same with the exception of night clubs

Well we can actually directly compare the two if we measure the rate of people who die annually as a result of extreme poverty and how much those numbers were effected by economic growth in various third world countries and then compare how much the rate of growth has stalled in comparison to previous years.

I think capitalism is more beneficial for raising people out of poverty, but I agree that socialism is a more stable system overall and better for people's happiness ( even if it's less productive ).