Is it better to end a friendship when one party has one-sided feelings for the other than to let it go on?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is it better to end a friendship when one party has one-sided feelings for the other than to let it go on? (21 votes)

Yes 62%
No 38%

I am thinking to end a friendship with a gal I've been friends with for three years, I can't take it anymore, I don't feel like I can move on with life unless we end our friendship.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously. Any relationship, platonic or otherwise, takes two invested parties to function. That's why it's a "relationship" and not just you and yourself with some vague 3rd party attached. However:

I am thinking to end a friendship with a gal I've been friends with for three years, I can't take it anymore, I don't feel like I can move on with life unless we end our friendship.

In this case it doesn't seem for certain that the relationship has entirely ceased to function. A break for whatever amount of time you need to get back on your feet (even if that's a year or two) might be more productive than ending it outright.

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The friend zone is considered a bad thing for a reason

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, absolutely.

If that friendship is causing you so much harm, you need to cut things off.

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, absolutely.

If that friendship is causing you so much harm, you need to cut things off.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Well I finally did, it was just difficult because she didn't do anything wrong, it's entirely my problem that I can't deal with seeing her dating other guys. It's literally a "it's not you, it's me" scenario I have with her.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its considered a bad thing by guys who don't value women as friends

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do what you need to do, I guess. Personally, I think if the woman is a friend, that’s a precious thing; you can find someone else for romance. And if you do find someone else for romance, you’d probably find you obsess over your friend less.

Marsz1pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marsz1pan

Yea let it go. Better to end it like a mature person rather than continue it on and fester and then end on bad terms. Also realize alotta time it's really just not the right time. Also as the previous comment said find someone else in the meanwhile that reciprocates your feelings and you actually like. No need to waste ya life away waiting especially if you can't see her as a friend

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't break it off. One of my friends has feelings for me (I friendzoned her) and we still hang out.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdarth: How do you know she's not suffering inside?

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on the person like if they're toxic or just to busy to have time for you. My ex best friend was my cousin and we were so close ever since we were babies lol. Of course as we grew up we changed and such but we were still talking to one another. That was until she was a total b- leaving me on read for a week multiple times before replying to my small questions like asking about how she was and whatnot. Saying "I was busy" when I see her posting on her insta hanging out with her school friends. Anywayyyy, it only got worse when she became your typical twitter political fighter and I became more of a introverted conservative dude and I could not have a conversation with her where it didn't become political debate. From there, her ignoring me only got worse so I blocked her. Worst part was that I was so nice to her, texting her gl in her classes and stuff and she just didn't care. But this was just my instance.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo break it off, at the end of the day, you gotta look out for yourself. It was causing you pain, it’ll prolly be more painful as you let it continue.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kgb725 said:
@lordtwigo said:

Cus women never get friend-zoned and never feel emotional pain from being friend-zoned. Rolls eyes*

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@lordtwigo said:

Cus women never get friend-zoned and never feel emotional pain from being friend-zoned. Rolls eyes*

Right because women are the ones who constantly bitch and moan about being friend zoned.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zetsu-San
@kgb725 said:
@zetsu-san said:
@kgb725 said:
@lordtwigo said:

Right because women are the ones who constantly bitch and moan about being friend zoned.

Plenty of women get friend-zoned and a simple google search will bring up dozens of pages of links to articles on the topic of women being in the friend zone. If there’s at all a difference in frequency or vocality, then it‘s purely due to social roles.

But aside from that, the idea that feeling emotional pain from your feelings not being returned means you “don’t value the friendship”, is a complete dismissal of the very concept of having that sort of emotional attachment to someone. So if your stance here is genuine, it really makes me question what sort of relationships you have.

Avatar image for deactivated-638039c74e081
deactivated-638039c74e081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels a bit overdramatic.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It depends on your character and personality. Find what best suit for you.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you should keep your friendship with the female but try to suppress your romantic urges. There are plenty of fish in the sea, perhaps you will find another female who will one day be your wife. You've been friends with this female for three years, that's quite a long time for a friendship. If the friendship ends, then you might get sadder and she might get sadder because, even though she doesn't have romantic feelings towards you, both of you will miss each other's company in friendship. There are many interesting things you would have learnt about this female in your 3-year friendship like her personality, her sense of humour, her hobbies perhaps, the kind of sports she likes, her family, her academic interests, the types of books she likes, the types of movies she likes, the type of food she likes etc. Both of you have also become wiser through the friendship as you both got older. To throw away a quite long 3-year friendship over a feeling of a lack of romantic connection would be a waste. Sure, you may not be lovers, but you can still be friends :-)

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid: You are very right man, thanks. I told her and decided to put our friendship on hold for now as I work on myself, she understands and told me that we can reconnect once I'm more well-adjusted; that is when I realised that she really is a special friend.

D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-638039c74e081
deactivated-638039c74e081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kgb725

@kgb725 said:
@zetsu-san said:
@kgb725 said:
@lordtwigo said:

Plenty of women get friend-zoned and a simple google search will bring up dozens of pages of links to articles on the topic of women being in the friend zone. If there’s at all a difference in frequency or vocality, then it‘s purely due to social roles.

But aside from that, the idea that feeling emotional pain from your feelings not being returned means you “don’t value the friendship”, is a complete dismissal of the very concept of having that sort of emotional attachment to someone. So if your stance here is genuine, it really makes me question what sort of relationships you have.

That's nice theres many times more than that for incels and nice guys not to mention the friend zone was around for how long now ? "Women experience it too" is not a good argument especially when they may get physically harmed or s.a. by someone who feels entitled to her

Except I'm talking about the guys who never truly saw them as friends and were only being fake nice to try and worm their way into a relationship.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

That's nice theres many times more than that for incels and nice guys not to mention the friend zone was around for how long now ? "Women experience it too" is not a good argument especially when they may get physically harmed or s.a. by someone who feels entitled to her

Guys have been stalked and abused by women too, they're just less likely to report it, and it's less likely to be taken seriously.

Except I'm talking about the guys who never truly saw them as friends and were only being fake nice to try and worm their way into a relationship.

Umm, no... Someone stated that the friend zone is seen as a bad thing "for a reason". Your response was "it's seen as a bad thing by people who don't value women as friends", as if that's the only reason anyone would ever feel emotional pain from being in the friendzone. Nice attempt at back pedaling tho.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Guys have been stalked and abused by women too, they're just less likely to report it, and it's less likely to be taken seriously.

Umm, no... Someone stated that the friend zone is seen as a bad thing "for a reason". Your response was "it's seen as a bad thing by people who don't value women as friends", as if that's the only reason anyone would ever feel emotional pain from being in the friendzone. Nice attempt at back pedaling tho.

Compare the fucking numbers then if you think theyre in any way shape or form close. Then look up how women are treated internationally. Women get harassed and attacked in the streets for no reason but because it happens to men at a far lesser rate it's just as bad. Gtfoh you can't be serious. Can you honestly not a formulate any words besides not all men and it happens to men too ?

Are you that deep in the redpill or are you just dense ? There's a difference between being sad you got rejected but still happy you can be friends and going scorched earth and feeling entitled

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 modernww2fare  Online

Yup

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment when you are a male, who has been stalked, stabbed, abused, and randomly harassed on the street, and you see some feminist arguing it's not just as bad because numbers...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zetsu-San

@kgb725:

Compare the fucking numbers then if you think theyre in any way shape or form close.

You're not going to get accurate statistics, because men being abused by women is less likely to be reported or taken seriously; and honestly, I'm not sure what statistics have to do with anything, in regards to this conversation.

Just because something "happens less often" to one gender, doesn't make it less of an issue, nor does this topic have anything to do with the fact that feeling emotional pain from unreturned feelings is a normal human reaction, that any normal functioning human being feels, regardless of gender.

Then look up how women are treated internationally.

There's a lot of misogyny in non-western countries. In other news, water is wet...

Women get harassed and attacked in the streets for no reason but because it happens to men at a far lesser rate it's just as bad.

Um, men are the victims of violent crime, as a whole, more often than women are.

Are you that deep in the redpill or are you just dense ? There's a difference between being sad you got rejected but still happy you can be friends and going scorched earth and feeling entitled

Nobody was talking about "scorched Earth" and "feelings of entitlement" other than you... This whole conversation started with a simple "being in the friendzone sucks" and you immediately came in with "only to men who don't value women".

And the majority of instances that you're complaining about, aren't even related to the subject, as in order be "the friendzone" the two actually have to be friends. Being rejected is not the same as being in the friendzone.

Just because someone isn't happy about being friends with someone they have feelings for, doesn't mean they don't value their friendship with women. Again, I seriously question what sort of relationships you have, if that's truly how you think of things.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. If its causing you pain, look out for yourself.

I don't befriend women who I find sexually attractive in the first place. I make my intentions known from the jump and if she curves me, that's the end of that, we'll just remain at an acquaintance level at most. Rather put that energy where its reciprocated. If she's with it though then I'm cool with being friends with benefits.