#1 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to read CNN until it was labeled fake news, making me realize mainstream media is not to be trusted.

I have been searching for U.S political-related news via Google, and I was surprised at how CNN always turn up at the top page with news that are negatively aligned towards Donald Trump:

No Caption Provided

The so-called news that Trump "mocking" Christine Blasey Ford (I don't believe a single word of her and these news) had been up for more than 20 days. Shouldn't that be old news? Why is Google algorithm insisting on making that front page news?

Have you guys recently noticed that Google searches have been politically biased?

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
#2 Posted by deactivated-5beeed406e9c9 (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

no 1 cares...

#3 Posted by Pipxeroth (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

This shouldn't be a surprise to you

#4 Posted by jagernutt (16331 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like it

#5 Edited by mrmonster (15124 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I think Trump is simply a terrible president and his negative press coverage is the result of him saying and doing negative things.

#6 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I think Trump is simply a terrible president and his negative press coverage is the result of him saying and doing negative things.

#7 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean?

@rl4 said:
@mrmonster said:

I actually kind of agree with this one. But the recent Google searches I did for Trump seemed to focus on 20+ day old news that put him in a very negative light - The one where he was "mocking" Christine Blasey Ford as seen in the OP. Given that Trump is generating news 24/7 it is funny that old news take the top spotlight. It seems that either CNN is paying Google to make this the top page during google searches (Yes, read it up, this part of how Google makes its money), or Google is in league with CNN.

#8 Posted by Sungsam (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#9 Posted by Richubs (4171 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: Trump isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and he isn't really the best president ever but sometimes the news on him becomes absurd. Like that ice cream scoops thing. It makes no sense.

#10 Posted by Doofasa (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

@rl4 said:
@mrmonster said:

A combination of this /\ and the fact that Google is a company whom you can pay to have your own company and it's content listed first in searches.

@germanx

#11 Edited by willpayton (22081 posts) - - Show Bio

This can probably just go in the existing politics thread. @lunacyde

#12 Posted by decaf_wizard (16933 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, the even outright admitted it

#13 Posted by destinyman75 (14233 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump sucks hardcore period...but if course its possible. And likely. Trump does the same with Fix news. And Trump saying fake news is Irony given he's full of fake news as well. Both sides are guilty of it

#14 Posted by jashugan (6276 posts) - - Show Bio

That's 🧢

#15 Posted by FaradaySloth (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, and Ford deserves any type of “mockery” from the crap show she and the Democrats pulled off.

#16 Posted by Jexsu (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Both CNN (fake news) and Google hate Trump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be13702c5b4d
#17 Posted by deactivated-5be13702c5b4d (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump just sucks as a president

#18 Posted by SpareHeadOne (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and Kavanaugh should be behind bars with the rest of his jadaed junior-junk jiggling judge pals.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#19 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Nailed it.

#20 Edited by Ryokuma100 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Google has an obvious liberal bias. I think it’s accepted

#21 Edited by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

Media is biased.

#22 Posted by Lan_Fan (13151 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Google has an obvious liberal bias. I think it’s accepted

@lan_fan said:
@empressofdread said:

Media is biased.

@jexsu said:

Both CNN (fake news) and Google hate Trump.

Yes and Kavanaugh should be behind bars with the rest of his jadaed junior-junk jiggling judge pals.

Has there been any reported studies or news that showed any evidence (e.g.: statistics) that Google is politically motivated?

#24 Posted by EmpressOfDread (12367 posts) - - Show Bio

@germanx: My statement was very general. I do think Media is biased. It has nothing to do with google but the information shared to us on television, radio is all selective.

#25 Edited by SpareHeadOne (6083 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Jgames (8144 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when fake news refer to news that were fabricated, or inaccurate and not not just them reporting bad things about their party. Because obviously one party is perfect and the other one is the literal Hitler Stalin mecha devil party.

Avatar image for universeichigo1
#28 Posted by universeichigo1 (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: I actually think Trump is one of you best presidents, outside his childish ways if handling things, I think he has done more good than harm.

#29 Edited by Jexsu (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

@germanx: From USA Today...

Google claims to value free expression and a free and open internet, but there is overwhelming evidence that the Big Tech giant wants the internet to be free and open only to political and social ideas of which it approves.

“Google & others are suppressing voices of conservatives and hiding information and news that is good. They are controlling what we can & cannot see. This is a very serious situation-will be addressed!” President Trump tweeted last month.

Again from USA Today...

SAN FRANCISCO — In the days following the 2016 presidential election, Google executives expressed dismay at Donald Trump's victory while urging employees to respect the democratic process and be tolerant of divergent political opinions within the company, according to a video leaked to right-wing news site Breitbart.

Now, I'm not 100% sure/factual on whether Google is biased against Trump, but there's a hefty amount of evidence to show that it is and very well could be. It's truly up to others to find out on their own, since information can change in seconds for certain sites.

On the other hand, I know for a fact that CNN (fake news often referred to as Clinton's News Network, C**t News Network, among other names...) is biased against Trump, and it's easy to see that with Don Lemon. Every chance that weasel gets, he tries to badmouth Trump as well as shut down anyone whom supports Trump. CNN is also prone to cutting off feeds of those speaking highly of Trump, usually to the point that they don't even bother bringing them back on; this happens constantly.

#30 Posted by barretstrife (12 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by GermanX (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@jexsu said:

@germanx: From USA Today...

Google claims to value free expression and a free and open internet, but there is overwhelming evidence that the Big Tech giant wants the internet to be free and open only to political and social ideas of which it approves.

“Google & others are suppressing voices of conservatives and hiding information and news that is good. They are controlling what we can & cannot see. This is a very serious situation-will be addressed!” President Trump tweeted last month.

Again from USA Today...

SAN FRANCISCO — In the days following the 2016 presidential election, Google executives expressed dismay at Donald Trump's victory while urging employees to respect the democratic process and be tolerant of divergent political opinions within the company, according to a video leaked to right-wing news site Breitbart.

Now, I'm not 100% sure/factual on whether Google is biased against Trump, but there's a hefty amount of evidence to show that it is and very well could be. It's truly up to others to find out on their own, since information can change in seconds for certain sites.

On the other hand, I know for a fact that CNN (fake news often referred to as Clinton's News Network, C**t News Network, among other names...) is biased against Trump, and it's easy to see that with Don Lemon. Every chance that weasel gets, he tries to badmouth Trump as well as shut down anyone whom supports Trump. CNN is also prone to cutting off feeds of those speaking highly of Trump, usually to the point that they don't even bother bringing them back on; this happens constantly.

Okay, so where's the "overwhelming evidence" as mentioned in one of the quotes? I was thinking about some statistical stuff to show whether Google has political leanings or not.

I am not sure whether CNN paid a lot of money to have Google publicize that Trump mocking Christine Blasey Ford article on 1st page for multiple weeks everytime I do a search for "Donald Trump" on the news. If it is, I am still not sure whether we can classify Google being leaning towards the position that CNN had, because in this case Google seems to be motivated more by money than by any political leanings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
#32 Posted by deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7 (479 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
#33 Posted by deactivated-5beeed406e9c9 (1473 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
#34 Posted by deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7 (479 posts) - - Show Bio