• 55 results
Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dream, renowned for his speed running and manhunt series is one of the fastest growing Minecraft youtubers in the world. He has recently been accused of cheating on one of his streams as having “impossible” speedruns and manipulating/coding the games probability of drops. Dream then responded with his own video where he hires a harvard statistics grad to check the actual probability of his speed run (a run that wasn’t even close to the world record) with the realization that it wasn’t as impossible as previously thought. So is dream a cheater do you think?

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't believe so. But at the same time it's the internet. The same thing that told us Herobrine was real lol

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He is. Considering that there are people whose job it is to analyze this kind of stuff, and since they say Dream is cheating, I'm siding with them.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I’ve seen and heard

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen it's like a 99.9999999999 percent chance he has cheated, but I still love his videos and I honestly couldn't care less about speedrunning, let alone Minecraft speedrunning.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely cheating

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do want to add his response videos seem fair. Even though they are biased. He hasn't made an world records or anything like that. And some of the mods agreed it was unfair and actually decided to quit. It does seem like the mods just don't like him in general because he got banned from bedrock speed runs. Something he never did. I don't watch a whole lot of Dream. And have only watched a few of the man hunt videos which I don't really know what to say about them. But it's also common for people who have large popularity to be accused of something. People also just say he's cheating because he's really good at certain aspects of the game. Which everyone takes as obvious signs of cheating. If anyone does to good it's an automatic red flag. Which is not. There is a limit where it's to good, like when some random dude smashes a world record in real life. Then there might be an issue, there is an area for being "to good". But I don't think Dream is in that area.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ecdb28037bb
deactivated-60ecdb28037bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be funny if he was 😂

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't even give us the name of the person he hired to make his response, which leads to even more suspicion and suggests he did cheat.

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't even give us the name of the person he hired to make his response, which leads to even more suspicion and suggests he did cheat.

he didnt do that because that person would get fucking attacked so badly. he mentioned it before.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

I'm not an expert at speedrunning statistics but after watching Karl's video of the incident I can't help but conclude that Dream's luck was almost virtually impossible.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both opposition makes 0 fucking sense. actually dream just seems very lucky. you cant make up shit to claim stuff on dream but at the same time i doubt many can disprove the claims.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not an expert at speedrunning statistics but after watching Karl's video of the incident I can't help but conclude that Dream's luck was almost virtually impossible.

Loading Video...

give me a summary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:

Loading Video...

give me a summary

im not watching 24 minutes

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 takenstew22  Moderator  Online
UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@userthatisme said:

@ultraphoenix said:

he didnt do that because that person would get fucking attacked so badly. he mentioned it before.

Then why even bring up the guy in the first place? You can't just say you hired someone to do all this work and then not mention their name at all, we don't even know if it's someone who has proper credentials, plus there was a reddit post that practically debunked the response, and it was written by someone who actually has a PhD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@userthatisme: Sorry, I'm too lazy.

im also too lazy. ill expect that youtuber to be false until proven wrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@userthatisme said:

@ultraphoenix said:

Then why even bring up the guy in the first place? You can't just say you hired someone to do all this work and then not mention their name at all, we don't even know if it's someone who has proper credentials, plus there was a reddit post that practically debunked the response, and it was written by someone who actually has a PhD.

i dont take reddit posts seriously because of many reasons. i doubt they have a phd unless im proven wrong. i also havent clicked on the link yet so ignore all that if i was wrong.

he brought the guy up to say he had help. he also mentioned the guy having a phd aswell. he mentions many things on the stuff. watch someordinarygamers and dreams talk on the matter

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@userthatisme: Yeah he brought up the guy but we don't actually know if the guy is legit, whereas others who do respond to his stuff can actually prove they have PhD's and whatnot, so there's actually some merit to their arguments.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraphoenix said:

@userthatisme: Yeah he brought up the guy but we don't actually know if the guy is legit, whereas others who do respond to his stuff can actually prove they have PhD's and whatnot, so there's actually some merit to their arguments.

ill take your word on what you think and know. i still think he didnt cheat. but there are still matters worse than dream cheating. dreams exes and stuff like that.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraphoenix said:

ill take your word on what you think and know. i still think he didnt cheat. but there are still matters worse than dream cheating. dreams exes and stuff like that.

That stuff is pretty rough. Dude can’t catch a break

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@userthatisme said:
@ultraphoenix said:

That stuff is pretty rough. Dude can’t catch a break

He was doxxed. That’s fucked up

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@userthatisme: from what I’ve seen from his report about all this was that some of the dox was accurate, some of it wasn’t. Him and Sapnap are living together in a different house currently which he hasn’t really explained. That tells me that he’s probably feeling sketched about being at his own personal home, or else why wouldn’t he just let his friend stay there with him? Also from what I can tell his ex was pretty abusive and manipulative

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't think he's cheating. If he was he would have made a world record. And no body ever accused him of cheating until he started getting millions of subs. Many less popular speed runners have been accused of cheating. I think he's just being accused because of his popularity. Also, not many Minecrafter's are as good at pvp and parkour as him. Which is another reason people accuse him of cheating. They just think he's to good, which doesn't seem valid to me.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: The issue with Dream's speedrun wasn't skill. The problem is the impossible RNG. Somebody already posted it, but Karl Jobst video is excellent on the subject.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator  Online
@steve40l said:

I just don't think he's cheating. If he was he would have made a world record. And no body ever accused him of cheating until he started getting millions of subs. Many less popular speed runners have been accused of cheating. I think he's just being accused because of his popularity. Also, not many Minecrafter's are as good at pvp and parkour as him. Which is another reason people accuse him of cheating. They just think he's to good, which doesn't seem valid to me.

The "why does he cheat if he's good/popular?" argument has already been debunked. Here's what a pro speedrunner has to say to that:

Loading Video...

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest I'm not a huge Dream fan. And have really only heard one side of the argument. I still think he got lucky. It happens to other speed runners. I think his popularity puts a massive target on him. But that's just my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-607707f852383
deactivated-607707f852383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is.

Taysmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Taysmine

Ofc, he's cheatin'

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Literally admitted

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

forcenCD

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator  Online

@gdara said:

Literally admitted

When?

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: The original post was deleted in twitter but literally just search it on youtube and see the controversy. All happened just a day ago

divyansh13ALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both opposition makes 0 fucking sense. actually dream just seems very lucky. you cant make up shit to claim stuff on dream but at the same time i doubt many can disprove the claims.

many did dude, dream has like 1 in trillion chance, geosquare and many people destroyed his response hard.

divyansh13ALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gdara said:

Literally admitted

When?

search it up, still pretty weird since he was labelling himself as the victim(maybe) when i think he attacked the mods

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:
@gdara said:

Literally admitted

When?

search it up, still pretty weird since he was labelling himself as the victim(maybe) when i think he attacked the mods

It wasn't on purpose, he accidentally had a mod installed. So both sides were right.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

@divyansh13alt said:
@takenstew22 said:
@gdara said:

Literally admitted

When?

It wasn't on purpose, he accidentally had a mod installed. So both sides were right.

What mod was it? And how was it "accidentally"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper said:
@divyansh13alt said:

He had a mod installed that makes rare item drops more frequent, and he forgot to turn it off before his last 6 speedruns.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

@takenstew22 said:
@darthsuper said:
@divyansh13alt said:

He had a mod installed that makes rare item drops more frequent, and he forgot to turn it off before his last 6 speedruns.

Hmmm...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dream definitely cheated. The only reason people defend him is because he's popular. Most of the people of those who do defend him no little to nothing about Minecraft speedrunning.

There's a big difference between being "lucky" and having astronomically ridiculous things occur. Dream had things that were like 1 in a trillion chance of occuring. The numbers are so far out of his favor it isn't even funny.

Also I find it very hard to believe that he forgot he had mods installed. How convenient that must be when you're trying to get world record. Also dream has expressed frustration with his runs in the past. He definitely had motive to mod Minecraft in his favor.

And one last thing. This isn't a case of Dream having really good skills. There's clear and evident rng manipulation present.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine installing a mod and using it and calling it an accident. Only to tell people the truth months later.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: @gdara: @shadeoffen: @gasinse: Yh. He cheated then lied about it and even erased all the evidence when asked for it. His statements contradict each other as well so he definitely cheated on purpose.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

Is this cheating thing the reason this dude got so famous so fast? I remember watching a lot of Minecraft OG YouTubers as a kid and at the time, none of them had as many subscribers as this dude does now.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: no actually,it's the manhunts and him completely using the algorithm.