Is Canada a perfected U.S.?

• 86 results
Posted by ganon15 (7296 posts) 17 days, 8 hours ago

Poll: Is Canada a perfected U.S.? (85 votes)

Yes 26%
No 74%
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by baph (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

more like a shitty US

#2 Edited by Adamantine (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

It's a beautiful place but, I wouldn't live there.

#3 Posted by Alavanka (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

I've lived in both. Quality of life is about the same.

#4 Posted by TakenStew22 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

No but it's better.

#5 Posted by mimisalome (5724 posts) - - Show Bio

What did Canada actually produced and invented that rivals US accomplishments?

#6 Posted by Wut (7438 posts) - - Show Bio

... No?

Although as someone who has hung out with a lot of Canadians from the Alberta region, unless they tell me their Canadian, I never notice.

#7 Posted by cKarma (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Nowhere close

#8 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5903 posts) - - Show Bio

Same quality of life I guess.

#9 Edited by Iron_Tiger (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotflmmfao, no, and terribly far from it.

#10 Edited by Lan_Fan (18121 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#11 Edited by AbstractRaze (3149 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, maybe in 60 to 100 years, at this point, Canada will be building the wall. If the U.S doesn't change their political view, Canada will experience mass immigration, probably that American people from the mid and the high-class will arrive into Canada, in such a scenario, a lot of American wealth will emigrate into Canada and yes, a better version of the US will emerge, because the poor will remain in the US.

#12 Posted by KalKent (2867 posts) - - Show Bio

Not with trudeau in office it's not lmao.

#13 Posted by IG-88B (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Poutine

#14 Edited by Dernman (26380 posts) - - Show Bio

@ig-88b said:
@mimisalome said:

Poutine

I assume he meant something Canada produced that rivaled a positive that the US accomplished. Not rival one of their negatives.

#15 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4128 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph said:

more like a shitty US

#17 Posted by SpareHeadOne (7276 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Canada is like paradise and the U.S. Is like a smelly garbage dump full of senior citizens diapers

#18 Posted by 1kingjerry (936 posts) - - Show Bio

The quality of life is more or less the same - With a few up and downs

#19 Posted by Kilius (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

I live in an area close to the border where Canadians visit frequently and have traveled there enough times to get the general feel of the scenery and people and it's not much different from the US.

#20 Posted by IceDemonKing (10029 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I would like to lie and say that we are a perfected US, we're really not.

#21 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44360 posts) - - Show Bio

Only a Canadian citizen would claim something so ludicrous.

#22 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (157 posts) - - Show Bio

In which way is Canada perfect aside from the beautiful nature?

#23 Posted by MainJP (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the same place, isn't it?

#24 Edited by decaf_wizard (17257 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by darkonast (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all , people always look at me weird when i say , I dont want to go to Canada , they are very racist up there lol

#26 Posted by modernww2fare (7397 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all , people always look at me weird when i say , I dont want to go to Canada , they are very racist up there lol

As racist as the U.S.?

#27 Posted by decaf_wizard (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast said:

As racist as the U.S.?

More so, in my experience, depends on the race and the area though.

#28 Posted by modernww2fare (7397 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare said:
@darkonast said:

As racist as the U.S.?

Tell me more

#29 Edited by decaf_wizard (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@modernww2fare said:
@darkonast said:

As racist as the U.S.?

Tell me more

Literally google what a residential school is, that should provide you with most of what you need to know

As well, here where I live, indian people are not liked by a lot of people for various reasons

#30 Edited by Lord_Tenebrous (2565 posts) - - Show Bio

They are far worse. Nice place though.

#31 Posted by decaf_wizard (17257 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I will add, going from Maine to New Brunswick, you will have to look for differences and know what to look for rather than it being immediately apparent which country you are in

#32 Posted by TakenStew22 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell is Canada worse?

#33 Posted by darkonast (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: very racist , they arent fond of the Indians who live there (alot live there) , they arent big fans of black people either , there are alot of discrimination cases in canada lol

#34 Posted by TakenStew22 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: very racist , they arent fond of the Indians who live there (alot live there) , they arent big fans of black people either , there are alot of discrimination cases in canada lol

Sounds just like the U.S. Every country has racist people.

#35 Edited by AbstractRaze (3149 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22 said:
@darkonast said:

That's a pretty neutral answer and very true, but the American population are by far less discriminatory than so many other countries in the world, one thing is that in the U.S, there are a lot of predominant news networks who are constantly reporting and publishing about internal issues, because the American market and its consumers are the most profitable in the world, so, internationally speaking, people are constantly knowing what's happening there, because of the focus.

Let's us say that from one day to another, international news networks would start focusing Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, etc.. and you would clearly appreciate how America's racism is dwarfed, it would be insignificant.

Slavery Abolishment Timeline:

No Caption Provided

Asians, Arabs and Africans led slavery way longer than the West.

#36 Posted by TakenStew22 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22 said:
@darkonast said:

That's a pretty neutral answer and very true, but the American population are by far less discriminatory than so many other countries in the world, one thing is that in the U.S, there are a lot of predominant news networks who are constantly reporting and publishing about internal issues, because the American market and its consumers are the most profitable in the world, so, internationally speaking, people are constantly knowing what's happening there, because of the focus.

Let's us say that from one day to another, international news networks would start focusing Russia, Serbia or South Africa, and you would clearly appreciate how America's racism is dwarfed, it would be insignificant.

Alright. Fair enough.

#37 Edited by AbstractRaze (3149 posts) - - Show Bio

@takenstew22: It's all manipulation, the Left and the Neo-Liberals want to sink the Americans in guilt, in sadness, in denigration and degradation, they want to spiritually and intellectually break them down and force them on their knees, so they can manipulate them, so they can toy with them, because as I said, the U.S posses the most influential consumer-base in the world and the best market, so, they want to take that all for them, that's why they use all those mass-shootings in order to favor their agenda and therefore promote a ban against guns.

"Remember that these people openly hate you. They don't care about crime. They don't care about the kids. Their goal is to disarm you so they can control you."

PS:

What they desire for you, is when you go out from your home, you shouldn't watch straight forward, but down, in the emptiness, be in a void of hopelessness, hating yourself, believing that you're a monster, the evil, unworthy to claim something for yourself or your loved ones, because based on their retrograde vision, you all are worthless, a piece of meat without meaning, without history, without ancestry without dreams, without aspirations and goals.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#38 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (8001 posts) - - Show Bio

Canadas really not that nice there are some spots thats really industrial I'd say are more dirty from industry more than the USA especially in Ontario

Toronto is amazing but pretty dangerous just like any US city the US has way more pros to it than Canada plus everything is so expensive in Canada it used to cost 5$ for a gallon of milk

#39 Edited by Soratoumiga (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Objectively speaking, it's better than US, but far from perfect.

#40 Posted by Alavanka (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

Basketball. George St. Pierre. Cities with fresh air and water.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#41 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3685 posts) - - Show Bio

Lived in a lot of cities within the Country of Canada. Is it racist towards brown and black folks? yuuuuuuup

is that out of the ordinary compared to a lot of the cities I've been to here in the states? Nope.

They are about the same in terms of racism, but I can't say the same about Healthcare or Police Brutality...or mass shootings...or 'peaceful protests' that end up becoming riots and lead to murders

#42 Edited by Edamame (28610 posts) - - Show Bio

Canada has universal healthcare, cleaner air, clean drinking water, lower crime rates, higher minimum wage, fewer homeless people, fewer natural disasters, affordable or free higher education, smaller prison population, paid vacation time, less religious fanaticism, better immigration system, less political corruption, etc.

#43 Edited by Jgames (8339 posts) - - Show Bio

Loli is illegal in Canada, so screw them.

#44 Posted by jonjizz (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

nah, nobody cares about canada

#46 Posted by TakenStew22 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Chad_Duby (6047 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close in comparison. God bless Trump.

#48 Posted by jagernutt (17805 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close in comparison. God bless Trump.

#49 Posted by ParagonNate (4661 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut said:

... No?

Although as someone who has hung out with a lot of Canadians from the Alberta region, unless they tell me their Canadian, I never notice.

Dangerous man, I'm telling you they've been running covert operations to embed Canadian agents in America for decades now. Just look at this documentary clip.

Loading Video...

#50 Posted by ourmanuel (13038 posts) - - Show Bio