• 195 results
Avatar image for josteinfleurme65
Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I heard the scan saying so was false,is that true?

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's very likely faster than light.

DBZ characters were demonstrating relativistic speeds since the Saiyan saga.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say it is false. I could get more into the why, but it would be a waste of time.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

I would say it is false. I could get more into the why, but it would be a waste of time.

If you're willing to explain why he isn't, I'm willing to explain why he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

Why would it be a waste of time? This is a debate forum after-all so by all means proceed.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku couldn't even dodge that mountain Frieza threw at him, so probably not.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: @007619: Because, especially when it comes to DBZ, it tends to go in one ear then out the other.

Why he isn't, because Goku isn't psychic. It isn't possible to block someone who is FTL without having some kind of outside hax that allows you to do so, such as foresight, why? Because your eyes see by taking in light. Thus, if someone is moving faster then light it is not possible to see them. Period.

Speeds shown and displayed in DBZ have never been beyond lightspeed save for very specific scenarios (such as Broly nonsense). Not even people like Buu have shown that (as he teleported around, he did not fly). Their flight speed as they traverse earth, even people who have long surpassed Burter in both speed and power, has never even come close to lightspeed. "But they could just not be going full out!" There have been plenty times where speed was of the essence, if they were going lightspeed, they could reach any corner of the planet instantaneously (thus no one would need to IT because everyone could IT just by moving normally).

The entire premise of them moving lightspeed, or even close to lightspeed, is blind ignorance in what that would truly entail and is more for people, not just DBZ, who think moving near lightspeed just sounds really cool and don't understand the sheer difference in speed from 'moving faster then an eye can see' to going to supersonic to going to hypervelocity all the way (enormous gap) to lightspeed.

So, yes, burter going lightspeed is a baseless and foolish claim.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Omega_kai

@wut: Transverse speed means nothing DBZ I do agree butter isn't light speed.

Edit: Now that I think about it I actually idk.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: how does that even make sense ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 007619

@wut said:

@solarpowered: @007619: Because, especially when it comes to DBZ, it tends to go in one ear then out the other.

It usually depends upon what's being stated. If it's BS then of course its going in one ear then out the other, alot of people like to make up their own rules when it comes to DBZ and that creates problems. But back to the topic at hand you do make great points and they are things I've seen stressed before. However their have been indicators of FTL speed before in that very same saga such as Goku escaping Frieza's Paralyzing Light Attack the instant before it exploded, and managing to outrun the explosion to a degree even though he was at the epicenter of the blast.

And be-careful with how much logic/science you attempt to apply to this.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: Goku wasn't even trying to dodge it who cares.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

Why he isn't, because Goku isn't psychic. It isn't possible to block someone who is FTL without having some kind of outside hax that allows you to do so, such as foresight, why? Because your eyes see by taking in light. Thus, if someone is moving faster then light it is not possible to see them. Period.

Speeds shown and displayed in DBZ have never been beyond lightspeed save for very specific scenarios (such as Broly nonsense). Not even people like Buu have shown that (as he teleported around, he did not fly). Their flight speed as they traverse earth, even people who have long surpassed Burter in both speed and power, has never even come close to lightspeed. "But they could just not be going full out!" There have been plenty times where speed was of the essence, if they were going lightspeed, they could reach any corner of the planet instantaneously (thus no one would need to IT because everyone could IT just by moving normally).

The entire premise of them moving lightspeed, or even close to lightspeed, is blind ignorance in what that would truly entail and is more for people, not just DBZ, who think moving near lightspeed just sounds really cool and don't understand the sheer difference in speed from 'moving faster then an eye can see' to going to supersonic to going to hypervelocity all the way (enormous gap) to lightspeed.

So, yes, burter going lightspeed is a baseless and foolish claim.

So, if were using the same logic here, neither Flash, Superman, or any other speedsters are faster than light either?

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically he should be.

Lol @ people's argument being "if he was light speed eyes can't perceive him!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 007619

@racob7 said:

@midnightdragon18: Filler that still happened.

He's right about that. On the brightside it means Cell's physical strength was enough to stop a Planet Killer Asteroid with one arm since were including Filler.

No Caption Provided

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Frieza threw it at Goku in an obvious attempt to harm him. What does that say about his durability at that point in the series?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wut

@solarpowered: Superman has already shown 'outside of normal hax' such as being able to hear voices in the dead center of space (despite sounds not being able to travel in the void of space, despite being so far away that even if the sound could travel, the speaker would have died of old age) as well as seeing faster then light should be able to travel, etc.

The Flash, as you and I both know, has Speed Force and is far from normal.

So, yes. Goku has never displayed something that is mindbogglingly out of place like that.

@precrisisbardock: Science. If you have a problem with it, you are welcome to go to your local college and yell at the professors there.

Or you can try and prove that, somehow, Sayians don't accutally use their eyes for anything and don't use light to see but some other magical quantity. Or, the more likely scenario is, they don't move lightspeed and people just like to throw that around a lot because it makes them feel better?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 007619

@racob7 said:
@omega_kai said:

Also, Frieza threw it at Goku in an obvious attempt to harm him. What does that say about his durability at that point in the series?

.............It says Frieza threw a mountain at Goku.........Don't troll.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Omega_kai

@racob7: Not he didn't he threw it to see if he could stop it his durablity is good a quick Google search will tell you that. Your a ether Goku or DBZ hater lol.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: Really I'm surprised to hear you say that, do you think he was talking about flightspeed?

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josteinfleurme65: I really don't know he could have been lying to make himself feel better since Goku was embrassing him.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No frickin' way.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: Cool, and I know this is off topic but how do you fell about cell's solar system busting claim, not trying to troll, just want to know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: If stopping a mountain is a worthy test for someone that was able to beat the Ginyus, how can we possibly think these Saiyan and Namek saga guys are planet level?

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolarPowered

@wut: Mhm. Yet, you just said that eyes need to process light in order to see, so you can't react to it.

Sound has nothing to do with reacting to light speed, so I don't see how that Superman feat is even applicable. What about the Sentry, who's also faster than light? Or the Silver Surfer? Or the Runner?

Goku, as you and I both know, is far from normal as well, considering he casually fights beings capable of casually destroying planets.

You're attempting to apply our world's physics to a fictional universe. That's nitpicking of the highest degree, as you know most writers don't incorporate scientific accuracy into their works.

Are you also trying to assert that since the Flash has the speed force, his eyes don't need light to see?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: ... Cause they blow up planets?.... Generally, when someone can blow up a planet by sending a blast at it, they get to be called planetary level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 007619

@racob7 said:

@omega_kai: If stopping a mountain is a worthy test for someone that was able to beat the Ginyus, how can we possibly think these Saiyan and Namek saga guys are planet level?

Because the Namek Saga guys are stronger than the Saiyan Saga warriors, who in turn were already planetary considering Vegeta was going to destroy Earth after getting pissed off.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josteinfleurme65: Akyria Toriyama said he was and it's in the Guidebooks and dainzenshuu. Also a a liitle common sense since since Roshi&Piccolo early in the series blew up the moon and first form Frieza is a planet buster, Namek Saga Vegeta is one too. Why wouldn't Super Perfect Cell be able to blow away the solar system, he could destroy a star a least.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wut

@solarpowered: Mhm. Yet, you just said that eyes need to process light in order to see, so you can't react to it.

So you are going with the, "I am going to ignore parts of your post to make you seem unreasonable," way of debating. This is going to be adorable. Alright then. Because if you had bothered to read my first post, you would have noticed this was in it:

So, as I mentioned above, outside hax. Just because it was never named does not mean it does not exist.

Sound has nothing to do with reacting to light speed, so I don't see how that Superman feat is even applicable. What about the Sentry, who's also faster than light? Or the Silver Surfer? Or the Runner?

Uh, yes it does. It blatantly shows Superman's senses don't work the same way as others.

How do we know Superman, Silver Surfer or the Runner can run faster then light? Because we have seen them travel to distant places faster then light could do so. (Seriously, this is silly that you are going with this). Thus, when they can perceive each other, something else is going on there. Either they are blatantly magic or have some unknown power that allows them to do so.

You're attempting to apply our world's physics to a fictional universe. That's nitpicking of the highest degree, as you know most writers don't incorporate scientific accuracy into their works.

Says the people trying to judge character's speed using our world's physics.

No one in DBZ (outside of Broly nonsense) has shown the ability to travel faster then light. Unless you use the: They were faster then bullets here! Then got stronger here! Then even faster here! And faster! And faster! And so have gone from mere thousands of feet per second to millions of miles per second... because.

Again, when you look at these, you use Occam's Razor. You pick the more likely one. The most likely answer is they don't go Lightspeed.

Are you also trying to assert that since the Flash has the speed force, his eyes don't work like a normal human's, even though he is indeed a human?

... Do I really have to explain to you how silly this is?

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 007619

@wut said:

No one in DBZ (outside of Broly nonsense) has shown the ability to travel faster then light. Unless you use the: They were faster then bullets here! Then got stronger here! Then even faster here! And faster! And faster! And so have gone from mere thousands of feet per second to millions of miles per second... because.

Beerus and Whis have feats of going MFTL, and arguable Buu as well.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@007619: The only problem with this feat like many other feats of strength in dbz is that it is unquantifiable.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wut

@007619: They traveled from their home to Kai's over an unknown distance. You need to know distance as well as time to find speed.

We know Superman is FTL because of his speed going from earth to planets in our solar system as quickly as he does (thus you have time and distance). Although, if anyone in DBZ was able to go lightspeed, it would be Whis.

EDIT: I already covered Buu. Kid Buu wasn't flying around blowing up planets. He was teleporting using Instant Transmission.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 007619

@josteinfleurme65 said:

@007619: The only problem with this feat like many other feats of strength in dbz is that it is unquantifiable.

Actually Beerus and Whis MFTL feats have been quantified. Champa and his attendant recently crossed galaxies nigh instantly in the manga, so if you did have the time and patience you can quantify these feats considering all of them involved crossing the spans of galaxies. We know for a fact they are all MFTL though even without quantifying.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol no

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@007619: Did they travel in the same way they did in the movie? If so, that was Whis doing it. I could be a stickler about making someone quantify the size of the galaxies, but sure, I don't mind Whis and, maybe Beerus, being lightspeed or even more.

Josteinfleurme65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@007619: I already know about those,I SPECIFICALLY said feats of strength.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@007619: They traveled from their home to Kai's over an unknown distance. You need to know distance as well as time to find speed.

That's just one feat. We see later they have crossed galaxies and nebulas before nigh instantly. So if you were heavily invested you can quantify their feats.

We know Superman is FTL because of his speed going from earth to planets in our solar system as quickly as he does (thus you have time and distance).

That's true. But using the context in alot of the speed examples you can find the speed or at least get within the ballpark.

Although, if anyone in DBZ was able to go lightspeed, it would be Whis.

Whis, Beerus, Champa, Champa's Attendant, and Buu were all FTL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3daad020468
deactivated-5b3daad020468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

travel speed no. Reaction time and combat speed yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@007619: Did they travel in the same way they did in the movie? If so, that was Whis doing it. I could be a stickler about making someone quantify the size of the galaxies, but sure, I don't mind Whis and, maybe Beerus, being lightspeed or even more.

Beerus has a singular feat of going to a planet in another galaxy in under a minute. Which proved he can move a MFTL speeds on his own, he simply uses Whis cause he's another lazy DBZ villain.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you have DBZ destain?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wut

@007619: That's just one feat. We see later they have crossed galaxies and nebulas before nigh instantly. So if you were heavily invested you can quantify their feats.

Again, I ask, did they travel the same way they did in the movie because that was Whis who did it. Not Beerus. (Which matters because Whis is a lot stronger then Beerus).

That's true. But using the context in alot of the speed examples you can find the speed or at least get within the ballpark.

Not true. Context as far as people on this site is concerned is how they 'disappear'. They rarely bother to look at the environment (see how fast clouds of dirt move in comparison to their bodies).

Whis, Beerus, Champa, Champa's Attendant, and Buu were all FTL.

Buu is not FTL. For the last time, he was using Instant Tranmission to go planet to planet during Dragonball Z. He was not flying.

EDIT: You answered the Beerus one, post it so I can see it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@007619: I already know about those,I SPECIFICALLY said feats of strength.

Well off the top of my head you can quantify all of these.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Omega_kai

It has already been established Whis and Beerus on MFTL and Goku is FTL and MFTL by powersalcing.

Proof is not needed your in denial

If you don't want believe it. Bye