Is a man 5'7 considered small?

Silencemood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is a man 5'7 considered small? (23 votes)

Well, yeah too bad lil' man haha 26%
Nah, don't worry about it 35%
You better watch yourself 0%
In western society yeah 39%
I pity you 0%
No Caption Provided

Since I was a kid I was always getting bullied because of my weak and small frame but when I grew up I learned martial arts to defend myself and to compensate for my shortcomings.

• 
catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By catlike

@silencemood: If you're really interested in finding out and in receiving a serious answer, ask a Doctor with a medical licence, like a pediatrician or an internist (a doctor for adult patients).

You're not going to get serious responses to your question here. I've asked similar questions plenty of times on my Alts long ago, so I'm speaking from experience.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By arctika

I don't think so, I mean when someone says small I think like 4'4 or something. Small is relative anyway.

Dingus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dingus__

Your body frame and weight is more relavant for that question imo. Canelo is 5’7 and can’t nobody call that dude small.

Avatar image for deactivated-6664a33a71ba8
deactivated-6664a33a71ba8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be atleast 5'9 to be called a man come on now.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The average height for a man is 5'10 so yeah it would be

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be atleast 5'9 to be called a man come on now.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

To me, it is. I'm 6'0".

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 5'9. I am a teenager. A full grown man who is 5'7 is definitely small. It's worth noting that this probably isn't the case in places around the world where people don't have as much nutrition as is normal in the U.S.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5'7 , 5'8 etc isn't small when you think about it. Basketball typically you think tall right yet theres been professional 5"5 players. That would be like a 6'8 guy saying 6'4 or 6'3 or 6'2 is small...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

5'7 , 5'8 etc isn't small when you think about it. Basketball typically you think tall right yet theres been professional 5"5 players. That would be like a 6'8 guy saying 6'4 or 6'3 or 6'2 is small...

Yes it is. You mean a singular player at that height it wasn't some egular occurrence. Look at the size difference between Curry and lebron

@steve40l said:

I'm 5'9. I am a teenager. A full grown man who is 5'7 is definitely small. It's worth noting that this probably isn't the case in places around the world where people don't have as much nutrition as is normal in the U.S.

Hispanics and Asians are notoriously short

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arctika
@kgb725 said:
@arctika said:

Yes it is. You mean a singular player at that height it wasn't some egular occurrence. Look at the size difference between Curry and lebron

No it's not, I disagree.... small would be say Peter Dinklage's height of 4'4 not someone 5'7-5'10....Like I was saying earlier, by that logic someone 6'8 or 6'9 would think someone 6'-6'4 is short. Obviously that's not true. Being shorter does not equal="small".

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It really depends, but for me it is. A man can still be intimidating at that height, but it's a rare ocurrance.

For me below 5'9 for a male is considered small. I, myself, am 6'.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 feet to 5'9 is a 3 inch difference so I guess 6 would be small too then lol

BraveBold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Small is better too

Youre closer to the loo

You’ll fit in more photographs

Unlike those huge giraffes

And your penis looks bigger on you

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ieatnettles
@steve40l said:

You're very tall for a teenager, although tbf teenagers have rlly rapid growth so the difference between say 15 and 16 can be massive due to this

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, it is. I'm 6'0".

@tdk_1997 said:

It really depends, but for me it is. A man can still be intimidating at that height, but it's a rare ocurrance.

5'11 dudes always be rounding up smh.

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that’s pretty short

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, yeah. I'm actually 5'11" and 3/4 of a inch. Gotta round up lol

Alekos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are adults not even 5ft so nah

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: I'm 15 but yeah. I'm not too far from the average in my school though

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Static Shock

@steve40l said:

@ieatnettles: I'm 15 but yeah. I'm not too far from the average in my school though

You're surprisingly mature for a teenager. I thought you were older.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Steve40L
Argreion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on where you are. In America that’s shorter than average, whereas 5’7” might be the average in another country. There’s a difference between being shorter than average and being a literal midget, but someone could still consider that small if they want.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

The average for a 15 year old is like 5,7, so you're pretty tall

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5'7 is maybe slightly on the short side, but I wouldn't consider it especially small. Keep in mind that I'm 6'3, though, so I'm always going to be inclined to view other people as not particularly tall.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ArranVid2

5'7" is not that small. But I think in the West, it is considered to be on the shorter side. If you were in a country in South Asia, you would be considered to be average/tall in height...in places like Sri Lanka and stuff. I think 'tall' is usually considered to be 5'10" and over. One of my mum's brothers is around 5'8", and in her region in Jaffna in Sri Lanka, that is considered to be tall.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ArranVid2

I was never bullied in school just because of my height, and I am 5'4". In my schools in England, many boys were around my height anyway, although some were tall. There was never any bullying incident related to my height. Maybe there is a bit of a culture difference between England and the USA. People would get bullied if they were considered to be weird, but not if they were short. I actually had a relatively good time in school, college and university, and I did not have any height-related issues or problems. I am sorry that you went through bullying. I also was bullied a long time ago when I went to school, but it was not because of my height (because like I said, many of the boys in England were around my height anyway, even though there were some tall boys too), but I was bullied because some of them considered me to be weird and stuff. But that is all in the past. I also did have some good friends too though.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Workout

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ArranVid2 and CJ_The DJ good points. Yeah honestly back in grade school now granted you're not fully grown yet but I was slightly shorter than most other guys except a few, and had a bully who tried to always bully me and my best friend. He was also a tall kid for an 8th grader but people think "shorter means weaker" which is false, I went for his knees often and my friend would push him kind of bull rush him. So the whole height means bigger, stronger is definitely not always true. Tell ya one thing for they're certainly slower than shorter guys lol.

Silencemood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike:well, thanks for the advice mate, maybe you are right but here I don't really trust most doctors, they almost amputated both of my legs, just because I suffered OSD, I know my condition is pretty damn serious, but they misdiagnosed, the result is getting worse for me, maybe only 2 percent of trusted doctors work with their hearts not just for business.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By catlike

@silencemood: No problem bro, just keep in mind you're going to get a lot replies from the "junkie" lot of people that are not going to be akin to reponding to people in your situation. They're just trying to get through their day. CV's community is a lot like Reddit's subreddits in that sense, but it's a lot less moderated, simply-put.

maybe you are right but here I don't really trust most doctors, they almost amputated both of my legs, just because I suffered OSD, I know my condition is pretty damn serious, but they misdiagnosed, the result is getting worse for me, maybe only 2 percent of trusted doctors work with their hearts not just for business.

That sounds scary and terrible. We can talk in PMs if you need some more advice? I can't imagine I'd be of much help, but I can possibly help you on where you should look. In my area I don't get that many trustworthy doctors either, but then again I'm from America. The benchmarks would be different for "untrustworthy" and "trustworthy" in comparison to your country, especially for the kind of condition you want to cure/manage that you're seeking them out for in the first place.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By arctika

Yeah at the end of the day height isn't everything, only shallow folks care about it that much either way.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dshipp17

Mr. T is 5'10" and I don't think people thought he was small back in the 1980s; in the bodybuilding world, Arnold Schwarzenegger is considered small, but the average person doesn't think a 300IB muscle man is small. Everything thing depends on body proportion; thus, just viewing it in a broadbrush type of way like that wouldn't be smart and only supports stereotyping, very similar to other places we can think of (e.g. simply because someone hasn't been employed for longer than normal is going to spring forth lots of stereotyping, where, unfortunately, that's done by most hiring managers; that's how race discrimination is very different from what it was around 1993 and earlier, which was then very different from before about 1967).

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Arnie definitely isn't small( I mean now he's older and shrunk as we all do with age) but dude was like 6'2 and 245 at least of solid muscle in his body building days. Even when he did T2 and T3 he got to that weight just not as big since he was off the roids by that time.