Internet lovin

#1 Posted by _Obsidian_ (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the answer is "No".

#2 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it possible to fall in love with someone over the Internet? Can a healthy relationship be had with someone you've only met in cyberspace?
Post Edited:2008-05-31 19:50:00

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe. But its hard because the person you may have a relationship with in Cyberspace may not be totally honest with you in terms of who they are and what they are about... and that can really be a problem if you ever decide to meet with that person in real life.

#4 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk....i'm iffy....Vance has an emma frost avatar so thats distracting me right now....um.....lol....idk....I see what your saying saturn, but do you think you can develop feelings for someone through a computer?

#5 Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Idk....i'm iffy....Vance has an emma frost avatar so thats distracting me right now....um.....lol....idk....I see what your saying saturn, but do you think you can develop feelings for someone through a computer?"

LMAO you and Emma Frost together forever

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Idk....i'm iffy....Vance has an emma frost avatar so thats distracting me right now....um.....lol....idk....I see what your saying saturn, but do you think you can develop feelings for someone through a computer?"

Hard to say. Cause it all depends on what they are revealing to you over the computer. Is is true or just bull ?

#7 Posted by L.O.V.E (193 posts) - - Show Bio

this is sha and i'm going to say no

#8 Posted by lady_redhead (9360 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought you could... but i dont know after my experiences.

I think without the physical connection you can bond with a person..

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost is awesome though. But I prefer Power Girl over here personally. LOL

#10 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure you can! Otherwise eharmony would be out of business! Seriously though, I know a few internet romances that have worked out.

#11 Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

Slinger says:

"Sure you can! Otherwise eharmony would be out of business! Seriously though, I know a few internet romances that have worked out."

me too. ended in marriage and 2 people relocating. Anything is possible.

#12 Posted by Wulfgar (5 posts) - - Show Bio

you can fall for what someone portrays themself to be and if that is them then yes you can fall for someone

#13 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL babs, i swear i love her. lol.

Uhhh...................................................................... i dont remember what i was going to say......ummmmmmmm Ok...nvm....internet lovin...yeah.....gross...idk....

#14 Posted by ladydeath (9564 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Is it possible to fall in love with someone over the Internet? Can a healthy relationship be had with someone you've only met in cyberspace?
Post Edited:2008-05-31 19:50:00"

It can if the couple are honest and work together! My cousin married a girl off the net and they have been married 3 years!

#15 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say no cause no one is totally themselves.....believe it or not...I'm pretty much an a-hole (in real life.)

#16 Posted by King Saturn (223216 posts) - - Show Bio

Honesty and Truth have to really be working in the relationship for it to work through the Internet...Wait a Minute ? Honesty and Truth has to be working in any realationship for it to really work. LOL

#17 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Hawk to an extent....plus through the comp things are easily misinterpreted [sp]. idk...i think its all trickery due to pleasant emotions

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
#18 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, I say : "Why not too !". But belive me, in this relationship more than other, the trap is in your head. You fall in love with someone who's projecting another layer of himself on is real self, who is not who is he think he is. (Oh my god ! I go Freudian here.) So it is a double challenge when you are confronted with the reality of that people. But in my paradygm, nothing is impossible.