If you were the site engineer what would you do?

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

What would be the things that you'll improve or what will you add to the site?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Fix the bugs and glitches for good, make the site more mobile friendly.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: A mobile app will probably do a lot of good to people who are always on the go eh?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Put a bunch of awesome easter eggs in for people to find.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 SC  Moderator

We actually use to have something like this. Challenges. If you visited certain pages on the website (like the original five X-Men), or got replied to by certain people, you would get a notice you unlocked something, then get XP and level up. We had hints for them though, so it wasn't completely random, you had to search for them, but still basically hidden easter eggs around the site waiting to be found.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fix the bugs and glitches for good, make the site more mobile friendly.

as much as I would love to agree with you, as an engineer I see it as rather impractical.

Its impossible to fix all bugs given the complexity of software and scripting logic these days. In the same sense, it is also impossible to find all the bugs, usually bugs are reported by the users. What engineers of the site probably had in mind is a list of bugs reported while they prioritize what to fix.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CitizenSentry

@sc said:

We actually use to have something like this. Challenges. If you visited certain pages on the website (like the original five X-Men), or got replied to by certain people, you would get a notice you unlocked something, then get XP and level up. We had hints for them though, so it wasn't completely random, you had to search for them, but still basically hidden easter eggs around the site waiting to be found.

Why is this not ongoing?

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd bring back that random VS game that pitted two random characters and their stats from the wiki together.

That used to be why I came to this site, I would hit random and then research both characters and then decide for myself who would win, if I thought it was a cool and interesting match I'd post it to the battle board.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some games...

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would shut it down!

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Keep a closer lookout on the bugs and glitches for the site, possibly create a mobile app and revert back to the site model used about 2 versions ago, the layout of the site in 2012-2013 I believe though I could be getting the dates mixed up. That was definitely my favourite layout Comicvine used to have.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would stop members who are blocked from "@"ing the person who blocked them.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Why is this not ongoing?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 SC  Moderator

@flash1812: @citizensentry: Unfortunately after the owners of CV switched and numerous updates and redesigns, its too hard to implement Challenges the same way. I once made a thread which had a link to a website that had limited access to how websites (CV included) use to be in the past, if anyone is interested in seeing what the old CV was like.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@citizensentry: Unfortunately after the owners of CV switched and numerous updates and redesigns, its too hard to implement Challenges the same way. I once made a thread which had a link to a website that had limited access to how websites (CV included) use to be in the past, if anyone is interested in seeing what the old CV was like.

Yes please :)

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Rouflex

@sc said:

I joined at the end of this era irrc...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sc said:
@pipxeroth said:

Yeah, I once sent gman a PM asking if quests would ever return...He said they probably wouldn't. I still have hopes though! I was level 12 I think. I miss them ;__;

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Get fired due to not having any idea what I'm doing.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If i was a site engineer with experience in site engineering?

I would try and do the following:

• Create a fully working Comic Vine mobile app
  • Create Comic Vine a more user friendly place (not that it isn't already).
  • Try and fix all the bugs that have been reported (Fairplay to the staff here on comic vine, they do a bloody good job keeping this site up and running).
  • Create a fully customizable profile page, where you can change the layout, colours, etc.
  • Allow username changes to be free (of course this is one of the ways Comic Vine makes their money so i probably wouldn't even bring this subject up until i had been working here for at least 4-5+ years

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Try and fix all the bugs that have been reported (Fairplay to the staff here on comic vine, they do a bloody good job keeping this site up and running).
  • Create a fully customizable profile page, where you can change the layout, colours, etc.
  • Allow username changes to be free (of course this is one of the ways Comic Vine makes their money so i probably wouldn't even bring this subject up until i had been working here for at least 4-5+ years

then you gotta suggest to comicvine what are the better ways one can get revenue to replace the revenue lost from username changes feature being made free.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry said:

then you gotta suggest to comicvine what are the better ways one can get revenue to replace the revenue lost from username changes feature being made free.

Considering people changing usernames are rare it would hardly put a dent in their monthly/yearly income.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The permanent removal of the user "NoHate"

Avatar image for deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth
Deadpool_The_Merc_With_A_Mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth: Enough that his mere presence should be an insult to the moderator's capabilities of punishing people for breaking site rules.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By BappyRonChantin
  • Make the site more mobile friendly
  • Enabling a person option to remove any user from a pm he/she created
  • Remove several bugs (one of them being a persons online status still appearing on "recently active friends" after unfollowing him)
  • Functioning block option
  • Ability to create image albums and more user friendly image browsing options

etc etc

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers