Edited 4 months, 1 day ago

Poll: If you were a super hero,would you sacrifice yourself? (22 votes)

Yes. 41%
No. 41%
Other. 18%

If there's a problem you could solve it but only sacrifice yourself life,and people asking you to,their attitude are like that was your obligation for being a super hero.

What would you respond to them?and would you sacrifice for people?

#1 Posted by SpareHeadOne (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

Let em die.

There's lots of normal people but only one super me. I can save more people by staying alive.

#2 Posted by mrmonster (15537 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to

#3 Posted by CCThor (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster:

But those people’s attitudes are bad,they are almost like ordering you not begging or asking.

#4 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

It's out of my hands, goodnight. *flies away*

#5 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#6 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6650 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I'd be able to save more lives in the future.

#7 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, if that meant the world could be saved. But only if I existed in some sort of "shared universe" with many other heroes.

#8 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm dead after I die so it makes no sense to compare that outcome to the outcome of letting the problem unfold.

#9 Posted by dngn4774 (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're not willing to risk your life to protect others you're not a superhero, you're just a dude with powers.

#10 Posted by Iron_Tiger (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Other.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#11 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17641 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. A hypothetical situation in which I'm a hero is also a hypothetical situation in which I'm a selfless, heroic individual that is willing to put my life on the line for others. In that case, I would be willing to sacrifice myself.
  2. It depends on how many lives I'm sacrificing myself for. If it's only a couple of lives, I wouldn't, simply because that would prohibit me from saving more people in the future. If I was sacrificing myself for a significant number of people, I'd do it.
#12 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (4195 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be hesitant, but feel compelled to at first since it comes with the job. But once people start talking shit like I'm obligated to give my life for them, like I got no choice and try to force me like I owe them something, I'd let them die most likely. Mf I'm saving everyone without pay. I'm not obligated to do shit, definitely not obligated to give my life for y'all ungrateful mfs

In that case, I'm an anti-hero. Lmao. If you're a superhero you'd give your life without question. But honestly I like anti-heros more than typical ones.

#13 Posted by Legendary_User (232 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can't sacrifice yourself then your no hero lol.

#14 Posted by Buckwheat (2299 posts) - - Show Bio

I would sacrifice myself to save a very specific and small group of people: those I love.

I would try my best to save the rest of the world, and maybe put myself in risk of death, even die accidentally, but I would not sacrifice my life, at all, for persons I have no special bond with.

#15 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

That depends how big enough the situation is to justify sacrificing myself.

#16 Posted by Jexsu (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

Other. My sacrifice wouldn't depend on the situation, but whether I'd want to or not (treated as a suicide).