If you have infinite godly power, would you become a ruthless king(tyrant)?

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If you have infinite godly power, would you become a ruthless king(tyrant)? (39 votes)

Yes, I will write my own rules, everyone should follow. 51%
No, I will use it to help people and the whole world. 23%
Other ways. 26%

Would you kill anyone you don’t like if you have this power?

• 
Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I have “infinite godly powers”. I don’t need to kill anyone. I should be able to change everyone’s mind to whatever I want. I should be able to create or remove from existence anyone as well. Having said this though with “infinite godly powers” why would I care about anyone anymore than I care about the ants? What do I care about becoming king of the ants?

insomnimaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I can get a bit more creative that just killing them but they will pray for death.

Once that's out of the way I'd be a servant to all human kind, I have no real desire for power or control so if I did have it I'd just use it to be the ultimate boy scout.....Once all the torture & murder is over.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chances are I'd create billions of world's independent from one another with smaller versions of me who affect the world in different ways.

Example I'd create world's wear I'm a tyrant, ones where I'm a dictator but benevolent, ones where I'm a loved dictator but evil (think Darkseid), ones where I rule via the shadows, one where I everyone is godlike, etc.

Probability would be the most fun to me and I'd see which universe produces the beings closest to myself whether it's in pure power, assets, intelligence, etc.

The only fun an immortal, all powerful being could have is with probability or by dispersing their power to keep themselves happy.

MuratDemir17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MuratDemir17

@soratoumiga

Yes, it is retarded.

I disagree.

You can't punish your child or physically harm him/her because they showed "gay sign".

I can actually. At least I don't raise a bunch of weak and stupid children.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Soratoumiga  Online

I can't fucking believe this,lmao

MuratDemir17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soratoumiga:

I can't fucking believe this,lmao

Don't believe it. Ugly nerd bitch.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Soratoumiga  Online

Lmao, I'm ded

MuratDemir17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MuratDemir17

@soratoumiga:

Lmao, I'm ded

Go ahead. One less trash in the Universe.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Killing" doesn't necessarily equates to "ruthlessness".

In the grand scheme of "godly" things, death may even be a form of salvation. An ultimate act of mercy.

A transition phase where one can start a new beginning, or find peace, or be given an opportunity to purge out and lament for their past sins.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooooh yeah.

If it ever happen, you'd better run. Lots of frustrations in there. :-D

insomnimaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By insomnimaniac

@nucleon said:

Oooooh yeah.

If it ever happen, you'd better run. Lots of frustrations in there. :-D

Yeah you be God, too much responsibility for me but can I be the right hand of God? I'll be the best sidekick God's ever had!

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The short and honest answer for everyone is yes. You may have good intentions, but eventually just like all people, you will use your power wrongly.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

The short and honest answer for everyone is yes. You may have good intentions, but eventually just like all people, you will use your power wrongly.

A godlike entity would be above the human concept of "right" or "wrong".

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

This is type of logic is exactly why you are bound to use power wrongly. The lack of moral boundaries will draw you closer and closer to atrocities either because you simply will it, or for some goal. Ever watched chronicle?

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:
@mimisalome said:
@azureus said:

This is type of logic is exactly why you are bound to use power wrongly. The lack of moral boundaries will draw you closer and closer to atrocities either because you simply will it, or for some goal. Ever watched chronicle?

How do you define "atrocities" in the grand scheme of things?

I mean just look at nature, everything works out via predation and survival of the fittest.

If we are to give some "moral" meaning to such existence then dying, pain, and suffering play a very important role in the development and evolution of the species.

So who are we to say that some few billion creatures dying because of some disease or catastrophe will not lead in to some greater good?

The human species is essentially a product of such periodic moment of chaos and atrocities.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:
@mimisalome said:
@azureus said:

How do you define "atrocities" in the grand scheme of things?

I mean just look at nature, everything works out via predation and survival of the fittest.

If we are to give some "moral" meaning to such existence then dying, pain, and suffering play a very important role in the development and evolution of the species.

So who are we to say that some few billion creatures dying because of some disease or catastrophe will not lead in to some greater good?

The human species is essentially a product of such periodic moment of chaos and atrocities.

Yeah.

And besides, super-vilains have more fun.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eri_Joni  Online

@azureus said:

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ruling gets boring real quick i would much prefer to use my new powers to find all the answers or create something new

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chances are I'd create billions of world's independent from one another with smaller versions of me who affect the world in different ways.

Example I'd create world's wear I'm a tyrant, ones where I'm a dictator but benevolent, ones where I'm a loved dictator but evil (think Darkseid), ones where I rule via the shadows, one where I everyone is godlike, etc.

Probability would be the most fun to me and I'd see which universe produces the beings closest to myself whether it's in pure power, assets, intelligence, etc.

The only fun an immortal, all powerful being could have is with probability or by dispersing their power to keep themselves happy.

This

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Probably somewhere in between.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome:

There is only one meaning to atrocities my friend, and its the one we know.

Nature itself is not a proper representation, there is only one moral agent on this planet, Humans.

A species dying of disease because that's just what happens is not what I'm talking about. Unless you're some inactive force that only observes, you are bound to intervene somewhere. You're making the assumption that power will change you in the manner you're describing. That you'll be some neutral force working for greater good of the universe. You won't. The way the human mind is wired, you simply can't.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mimisalome

@azureus said:

@mimisalome:

Nature itself is not a proper representation, there is only one moral agent on this planet, Humans.

A species dying of disease because that's just what happens is not what I'm talking about. Unless you're some inactive force that only observes, you are bound to intervene somewhere. You're making the assumption that power will change you in the manner you're describing. That you'll be some neutral force working for greater good of the universe. You won't. The way the human mind is wired, you simply can't.

With infinitely godly power? (emphasis on "infinitely godly power")

Yes you can.

You can transcend your human nature and become an omniscient being.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I became a god why would I care about humans one way or the other?

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go the path of Ohma Zi-O

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hell yeah.

Let's talk statues the size of skyscrapers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffd6af867550
deactivated-5ffd6af867550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you have unlimited godly powers right and wrong becomes meaningless. Being a tyrant is unnecessary. If you think being evil or ruthless is good then the world will think the same. Its not like asking if you possess the power of Thor or Superman what you would do. If you are virtually omnipotent would the question even matter when laws and reality are changed with your every thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c27d87637fa
deactivated-60c27d87637fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I would probably just leave this world and create my own and experiment with it somewhere else.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'd probably still mind my own business but take absolutely no one seriously.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

@mimisalome:

Yes you can.

Based on what? If anything power changes people for the worse. That kind of power and universal authority is not something that is created or obtained, but would be something that has always existed. The idea that INFINITE power will make you fundamentally different than you are now has no basis. Far less authority and influence already makes people monsters in varying degrees.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mimisalome

@azureus said:
@mimisalome said:
@azureus said:

@mimisalome:

Yes you can.

Based on what? If anything power changes people for the worse. That kind of power and universal authority is not something that is created or obtained, but would be something that has always existed. The idea that INFINITE power will make you fundamentally different than you are now has no basis. Far less authority and influence already makes people monsters in varying degrees.

Base on the idea that a God is often depicted as omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient entity.

If you have such godly powers then yes you are far from being a normal human being.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:
@mimisalome said:
@azureus said:

@mimisalome:

Yes you can.

Base on the idea that a God is often depicted as omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient entity.

If you have such godly powers then yes you are from being a human being.

Problem there is that GOD isn't man and God is an eternal being (wasn't created) with moral boundaries.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mimisalome

@azureus said:
@mimisalome said:
@azureus said:
@mimisalome said:
@azureus said:

@mimisalome:

Yes you can.

If you have such godly powers then yes you are from being a human being.

Problem there is that GOD isn't man and God is an eternal being (wasn't created) with moral boundaries.

Have you seen a man with infinite Godly powers (omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient)?

How do you know that person with omniscience can become corrupted with power?

Im not qualifying a "moral god" per se,

Im qualifying an entity that has access to god-level omniscience.

One that can predict everything, see everything, understand everything, knows the consequences of every actions.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome:

Have you seen a man with infinite Godly powers (omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient)? How do you know that person with omniscience can beceom corrupted.

They don't become corrupted, they already are. I don't think that unlimited power would change you in the manner you think.

Im not qualifying a "moral god" per se, im qualifying an entity that has access to god-level omniscience. One that can predict everything, see everything, understand everything, knows the consequences of every actions.

Well if that entity is just a regular person like you or me, and they gained that power, what do you think happens? Why would consequences be a problem if they're not limited by anything? There's quite literally no reason anything would impede them. Thus, there's no reason for any inhibitions.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus said:

@mimisalome:

Have you seen a man with infinite Godly powers (omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient)? How do you know that person with omniscience can beceom corrupted.

They don't become corrupted, they already are. I don't think that unlimited power would change you in the manner you think.

Im not qualifying a "moral god" per se, im qualifying an entity that has access to god-level omniscience. One that can predict everything, see everything, understand everything, knows the consequences of every actions.

Well if that entity is just a regular person like you or me, and they gained that power, what do you think happens? Why would consequences be a problem if they're not limited by anything? There's quite literally no reason anything would impede them. Thus, there's no reason for any inhibitions.

Wait... so you are saying that access to the unlimited understanding and unlimited knowledge would not change a person perspective and nature?

If a person attain full knowledge and total understanding of everything, do you think such person would still "use the power wrongly", become a "monster", and change that person "for the worse"?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I'd actually be really discreet. Most people would never even be aware I had it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably make my own life easier.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome:

Wait... so you are saying that access to the unlimited understanding and unlimited knowledge would not change a person perspective and nature?

It will definitely change somebody's perspective, but change their nature? I don't believe so.

If a person attain full knowledge and total understanding of everything, do you think such person would still "use the power wrongly", become a "monster", and change that person "for the worse"?

I'm not saying the person will become completely evil, or a monster, I'm saying they're bound to use that power wrongly. This will become even worse, if the goal of said being would be to help the entire world.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d just be an Anti-Hero

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't give an F and just go take a journey through my favorite fictional settings, meeting my fav characters, taking the role of a villain or hero, and other things like that.

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I will just fuck around and have fun.

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ovy7: Then get shtstomped by battler (lol)

ovy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolguy18: I can't get shitstomped by Battler if I became Battler

No Caption Provided