If you could write down the perfect romantic partner for you and make them exist in this reality, would you do it?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Been watching "Ruby Sparks" and thought the plot of the story would make for interesting discussion

If you could write down the perfect romantic partner for you and make them exist in this reality, would you do it? However, an issue would that they would develop their own interests and feelings that would be out of your control.

Personally, I'd rather not. It's kind of weird to be with someone whose every life detail you know about (you know, usual "anime waifu" people) and sounds really sad and creepy in context.

motorboaterer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hell yeah! If my perfect romantic partner wanted to fly I'd just hope she'll fly back.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Zetsu-San

I mean... If I wrote a story and a character from it popped into the real world somehow, I wouldn't be against dating her (assuming I didn't already write her a cannon love interest, anyhow).

But as far as actually setting out to write with the intention of creating the "perfect partner"? Hard no. I don't think anything resembling a real human being can come out of that as a writing motivation.

Also, having the power to retroactively edit her entire being, as shown in the trailer, IMO, creates a very unhealthy power imbalance in the relationship. If you outright wrote her to be in love with you, then it's even worse. That's practically mind-control.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well its more efficient and reliable than your conventional dating and courting procedure.

If all you need is to write it up then it's probably way so much cheaper too.

Not to mention, (employing the generalize logic of the query, I have not watched that "Ruby" show so I don't know how it is suppose to work), you can probably hack and cheat the system and get more than just a "perfect" partner.

I mean my "perfect romantic partner" would be a Magical Genie that grants unlimited wishes.

The fear about knowing "every life detail" of your partner is unfounded in my opinion.

That's an issue of lacking the creativity to write a sponstaneous and unpredictable character.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@life_without_progress: I think you might be judging the scenario a bit too much based on it's portrayal in that particular movie/show/whatever it is.

I think if a similar situation cropped up in another series, like say... Inkheart or something (in fact I think I vaguely recall it did), I don't think the portrayal would necessarily be quite as... uncomfortable.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i already got a mirror

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember this movie. It's tempting but I wouldn't do it. You'd be creating someone from thin air, with no family or friends, who exists solely to please you. Outside of being creepy, it could be fun for awhile, but that person would be totally dependent on you. What if you get tired of them? What if they get tired of you? Plus I'd want someone to love me for me, not because they have to.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Um... I'm good in that department at the mo..and does perfect actually exist ?

i already got a mirror

hahahaha

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See, it sounds great in theory................

But..............

It would actually be kind of terrifying in practice.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. She wouldn't even have a soul. It would be heartbreaking to bring any person to life from fiction.

I'd be interested in something like Harold's Purple crayon to draw steps in reality and reach high places.

Although, I don't think dusting high corners is worth being interrogated and attacked by those who want the crayon, and once they get it, it will most likely be used for nefarious purposes by someone or some organization.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Would be nice.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just make a female version of myself, it would be creepy, but I'd make it work ;D

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

check out loved to Death From Tales from the Krypt. it explains what your talking about.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Seems tempting, but no.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. The problem is, I don't really have a type. So I'm not sure what "perfect" would be to me.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t believe in free will in the abstract and would just ensure that the partner could cope with any potential action on my part, so there’d be no ethical violation with making them love you. Other than that, I would definitely give it a shot.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Of course!!

I'll give her the good qualities of everyone I've had strong feelings for.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe if I was just kind of working in broad strokes. More they personality than all the intricate details, cause I feel like knowing everything about her would be weird as hell.