If Hogwart/Durmstrang/Beauxbatons truly existed, how would you react if your kid would be accepted to witchcraft school ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6156f1d2abe5e
deactivated-6156f1d2abe5e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If Hogwart/Durmstrang/Beauxbatons truly existed, how would you react if your kid would be accepted to witchcraft school ? (6 votes)

You would be overjoyed to have sorcerrer at home ( like Evans family ) 67%
You would be furious and you couldn't accept the truth ( like Snape or Finnigan's family ) 0%
You would be confused 33%
I don't know 0%

You have a kid ( if you don't imagine ) and as muggle you have no idea about magic existence until someone from Magic Ministry explains to you your child is a young wizard who will participate to magic school ?

No Caption Provided

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would send my kid with a mission to infiltrate the rogue society, gather intel, and to research anything capable of making a bullet ignore magic shields.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RajjarsAlt

I'd be really happy tbh, hopefully they'll tell me details about magical spells/creatures

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would send my kid with a mission to infiltrate the rogue society, gather intel, and to research anything capable of making a bullet ignore magic shields.

Because trying to murder people for no reason has always worked out so well

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thekillerklok
@kgb725 said:
@thekillerklok said:

by the very lore of HP the very safety of the world is threatened by some half assed lichboi.

and I don't know about you, but I don't know about the whole, trusting the safety of the world, to the absolute imbeciles that make up the HP wizards thing.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kgb725

@kgb725 said:
@thekillerklok said:

by the very lore of HP the very safety of the world is threatened by some half assed lichboi.

and I don't know about you, but I don't know about the whole, trusting the safety of the world, to the absolute imbeciles that make up the HP wizards thing.

No different than regular Hitler. Theres no real reason to trust the safety of the world now. Outside of wizard Hitler for the most part they don't interact with the human world

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be kind of weird. The power dynamic would shift drastically, as well as… every other dynamic.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would first want to confirm the magic with my own eyes. A random letter or dream means shit when it comes to protecting your kids from kidnappers and cracked people. Then I'd confirm if any dark lord is loose in the wild and then check the schools record with injuries and deaths..And then I'd be fking jealous

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13 Lunacyde  Moderator

Controlling teenagers is anyway hard enough, lol.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KillianDuclark  Online

Confused at first. Then low key terrified.

Then pissed because the tuition fee for most of these schools are ridiculous

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be skeptical at first, for obvious reasons. Once everything is confirmed, I would take some time to reassess my entire worldview and after that, accept the situation. I would send my kid to Hogwarts and be happy for them.

I would also be happy to take advantage of the ridiculous money exchange rates in the wizarding world, and become uber-wealthy (shoutout to the "Methods of Rationality").

With Voldemort having been killed in the 90's, the school should be (relatively) safe, and my biggest concern would be the Ministry of Magic's uncanny surveillance capabilities. I'd have to use my newfound fortune to get in their good graces, like Lucius Malfoy did. This would be difficult as a muggle, but money is a universal language after all. From there, I could shape wizard policy.

With Hermione being the current minister for magic, I would donate generously to organizations that promote elvish welfare. The goblins would hate me for what they would surely perceive as "unsavory business practices" (not my fault they lack a basic understanding of economics). I would start my own bank to compete with Gringotts, where I would "invent" a variant of credit cards, so that people don't have to carry gold around all the time. In my ads, I would point out the inconvenience of the gold standard, as well as highlight all the times Gringotts has been robbed in the past, so it really doesn't deserve its stellar reputation. Soon enough, I'd have the global wizard economy in my hands.

With limited access to the wizarding world, I would have to operate primarily through proxies, who would be easy enough to hire. This could be a great advantage in its own right, as with the existence of magic, I would rather avoid the limelight and the dangers that come with it, and be a "shadow cardinal" type of leader. With this in mind, I would consider it essential to uphold the International Statute of Secrecy. I would squash any resurgences of blood supremacist / anti-muggle movements, and try to keep the two worlds separate, and as unaware of each other as possible. I would do the necessary political maneuvering myself, through the use of potions and other magical artifacts muggles can use. Wouldn't want some wizard to upstage me there.

As for my kid... I wouldn't want to drag them into all this. Whatever they want to do in their life, I would be happy and supportive of them, as long as they are happy.

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool