Posted by CCThor (1540 posts) 4 months, 14 days ago

Poll: If a person accidentally saved the world,should we give him a billion dollar money for that? (21 votes)

Yes,we should,because even he's not doing that on purpose we still owe him a lot. 67%
No,the most improtant is his intention. 10%
Other thought. 24%

The guy saved the world but himself didn't notice that.

Only we other people knew it was him save the world by his accidentally action.

In this case,should we give him some reward?

#1 Edited by TonyMartial (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not that much but he/she should be rewarded.

#2 Posted by SpareHeadOne (6312 posts) - - Show Bio

If some idiot accidentally saves the world. We should definitely give me a billion dollars

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#3 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16603 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, we’re all alive because of him/her.

#4 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

No, we shouldn't even award that to someone who did it intentionally. Why would we? I seriously don't understand why we'd even consider it..

#5 Posted by TonyMartial (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Because your precious life and your loved ones would be perished.

#6 Edited by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Because your precious life and your loved ones would be perished.

Firstly, no one would mind if they along with their family suddenly died, they can't, they're dead.

Secondly, ok, so they saved some lives... why does it follow that the should get any money for that?

#7 Edited by HeroUp2112 (18331 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely don't see why not. They saved the WORLD. A billion dollars is an incredibly small price to pay for that, accidental or not.

Here's my reasoning. THANKS DUDE!

#8 Posted by The_Hajduk (6305 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial said:

Firstly, no one would mind if they along with their family suddenly died, they can't, they're dead.

Secondly, ok, so they saved some lives... why does it follow that the should get any money for that?

Because lives have value?

#9 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4215 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Because ik for damn sure if a dumbass like me accidentally saved the world from pending doom i would rub it in everyone's face for years until i got my billion dollar reward

#10 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:
@tonymartial said:

What do you mean? Value for what?

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#11 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31730 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:
@tonymartial said:

Why do we give money for anything?

Do you think cops, firemen, and ambulance workers shouldn't get paid?

#12 Posted by SeaGod (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:
@aka_aka_aka_ak said:
@tonymartial said:

What do you mean? Value for what?

No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak said:
@tonymartial said:

Why do we give money for anything?

Do you think cops, firemen, and ambulance workers shouldn't get paid?

That's their job though...

#14 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31730 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Yea, it's their job, because we pay people to do those things. If we didn't pay people to do those things, it wouldn't be a job. Do you think we shouldn't pay people to do these things?

#15 Edited by Amcu (16930 posts) - - Show Bio

Not necessarily. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with giving them a billion but if they didn't actually intend to save the world and just happened to do it unintentionally that doesn't really make them special.

If someone intentionally saved the world and had to do so with risk to themselves or other potential consequences than I would be more for giving them some compensation. Especially if they where hurt in the process of saving the world. Still determining how much someone should be paid for saving the world is a difficult task and I don't think that it would be wrong to not give them a enormous amount of money.

#16 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Yea, it's their job, because we pay people to do those things. If we didn't pay people to do those things, it wouldn't be a job. Do you think we shouldn't pay people to do these things?

I think we should pay people to do their job and I think that's a job someone should do, but if I administer CPR on someone I don't see why I should receive payment for it.

#17 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31730 posts) - - Show Bio

@aka_aka_aka_ak: But, if you think it's a job that someone should have, then clearly you DO believe that administering CPR is an action that one should receive payment for. That doesn't necessarily mean that you are obligated to pay someone who voluntarily performed CPR on you, but that's not the same as saying that it's not an action worth payment.

Painting a house is something people do as a job. Someone can volunteer to paint a house with no expectation of payment, but that doesn't make the action in itself not worth being payed for.

Jobs are created because people are willing to reward a specific action. If no one thinks an action is worth rewarding then there wouldn't be a job.

#18 Posted by ourmanuel (11955 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Not necessarily. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with giving them a billion but if they didn't actually intend to save the world and just happened to do it unintentionally that doesn't really make them special.

If someone intentionally saved the world and had to do so with risk to themselves or other potential consequences than I would be more for giving them some compensation. Especially if they where hurt in the process of saving the world. Still determining how much someone should be paid for saving the world is a difficult task and I don't think that it would be wrong to not give them a enormous amount of money.

This

Some of you guys on this thread are funny/didn’t read the op.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
#19 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Half of that or no deal

#20 Edited by Omega_kai (3162 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not he/she saved billions of lives.

#21 Edited by RavenVice01 (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if he or she saved the world then they and their families shouldn't have to pay taxes forever.

#22 Posted by SeaGod (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist said:

I think we should pay people to do their job and I think that's a job someone should do, but if I administer CPR on someone I don't see why I should receive payment for it.

So what if a scientist working on curing Diabetes accidentally cures cancer. Should they not get the fame and awards for the cure?

#23 Posted by Alavanka (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Because I say so.

#24 Edited by grappolo (3036 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously, way more than that if possible, he Just saved 7 billion People.

#25 Posted by juiceboks (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that person's needs and wants (to a reasonable degree of course) should be met for the rest of their lives. I think that's more valuable than simply giving them free money that can be taxed or stolen.