Sweet!

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@bumpyboo: I know, but with a busied heart chu might not make it to the movie : O

: P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@bumpyboo said:

Hits me right in the heartbox =D

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.

I kill with my heart.”

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#9 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bumpyboo said:

Hits me right in the heartbox =D

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.

I kill with my heart.”

Aye. Seems the casting director has remembered his. He's remembered it very well.

@bumpyboo: I know, but with a busied heart chu might not make it to the movie : O

: P

Eeep you're right, I'm gonna have to go to the theater in a feelchair =O

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Oy will be cgi

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

Can't wait for this, Elba and Mconaughey will be fracking electric.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Please tell me Elba is not playing Roland.....

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Getting Oy and Eddie right will be dealbreakers for me.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please tell me Elba is not playing Roland.....

He is playing Roland.

@bumpyboo said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Getting Oy and Eddie right will be dealbreakers for me.

Yeah Eddie is great. I wonder if they will do a Rocket Raccoon thing with Oy or if they will just use some type of dog.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: Eddie's my absolute fave, haha. But yeah...I worry with Oy because the character walks a very fine line in terms of what he can and can't do. Very curious about how cartoonish he might end up. Wouldn't want them to go too far.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Yeah if Oy is even slightly wrong he'll stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I can't stand Mathew McConaughy, he is probably one of the worst actors. But I do like Idris Elba, so I am torn here.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

It should be the other way around. Idris should play the Man in Black, and Matthew should play Roland.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Talk about star power

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

@the_impersonator: Why? Elba is nothing like Randal Flagg.

My mental image was always Walton Goggins, but Mcconaughey can play a great Flagg, Russ from True Detective is just him conceptualising and spitting out ideas. Elba is a master of independent acting, you can really see the emotions playing out internally with him, so with somebody like Mccounaghey to bounce off, it could be great.

No Caption Provided

Imagine the two of them together in the campfire scene. This could be great. For me, Elba wouldn't suit Flagg at all.

It would be great if Mccounaghey reprises the role in The Stand, years ago the rumour was he was going to play him in a quadrilogy of The Stand. With all these shared universes, I'd love to see the Stephen King Multiverse on the screen.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

My mental image was always Walton Goggins, but Mcconaughey can play a great Flagg, Russ from True Detective is just him conceptualising and spitting out ideas. Elba is a master of independent acting, you can really see the emotions playing out internally with him, so with somebody like Mccounaghey to bounce off, it could be great.

No Caption Provided

Imagine the two of them together in the campfire scene. This could be great. For me, Elba wouldn't suit Flagg at all.

It would be great if Mccounaghey reprises the role in The Stand, years ago the rumour was he was going to play him in a quadrilogy of The Stand. With all these shared universes, I'd love to see the Stephen King Multiverse on the screen.

Agreed about everything!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Because Elba is black. That's why I said, he should play The Man in Black. :P

Plus, he's going to have a villainous role in Star Trek: Beyond. So, it would've been great to see him taking on the Flagg role. I know Elba is a good actor, but's it's kinda weird for him to play Roland. I've read some of the Dark Tower comics. Roland is white, and for Flagg, it wouldn't matter. He can just wear that black robe over him, almost covering his face.

In Arrow, the black actor who played the villain Baron Reiter, who is originally white from the comics, worked. Because the actor definitely fit the character. I can't see Elba playing as Roland.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Plus, he's going to have a villainous role in Star Trek: Beyond. So, it would've been great to see him taking on the Flagg role. I know Elba is a good actor, but's it's kinda weird for him to play Roland. I've read some of the Dark Tower comics. Roland is white, and for Flagg, it wouldn't matter. He can just wear that black robe over him, almost covering his face.

In Arrow, the black actor who played the villain Baron Reiter, who is originally white from the comics, worked. Because the actor definitely fit the character. I can't see Elba playing as Roland.

Sure but other than Idris being black he's pretty much perfect for the role. He's a fantastic actor and he has that older grizzled look and a commanding presence so with all that in mind his skin colour doesn't really matter.

Also Flagg is to charismatic and manipulative to be hiding under a cloak the whole time. He's pretty much exactly Rust from True Detective if he had a horrible smirk on his face the whole time he was spouting his nihilism.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted Viggo Mortensen as Roland really bad. Anyway, this is going to be a Harry Potter-esque movie for what i read around, so i'll stick to the books and comics.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_impersonator said:
@rogueshadow said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Sure but other than Idris being black he's pretty much perfect for the role. He's a fantastic actor and he has that older grizzled look and a commanding presence so with all that in mind his skin colour doesn't really matter.

Also Flagg is to charismatic and manipulative to be hiding under a cloak the whole time. He's pretty much exactly Rust from True Detective if he had a horrible smirk on his face the whole time he was spouting his nihilism.

What JA said ^^.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted Viggo Mortensen as Roland really bad. Anyway, this is going to be a Harry Potter-esque movie for what i read around, so i'll stick to the books and comics.

What do you mean by "Harry Potter-esque"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy said:

What do you mean by "Harry Potter-esque"?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74563

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This movie has been confirmed like a bazillion times in the past 20 years or so. I'll believe it when I see it. Loved the books, but I can't see them translating well at all for a movie. It would be a better TV series of anything.

ComicExplor3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be epic..☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

This movie has been confirmed like a bazillion times in the past 20 years or so. I'll believe it when I see it. Loved the books, but I can't see them translating well at all for a movie. It would be a better TV series of anything.

Exactly! this series deserves a TV show, not a movie.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@caped_baldy said:
@tparks said:

The Gunslinger could work as a film in my opinion, after that it get's far trickier and dilution is inevitable. The plan was to have it change between movie and TV, but I don't know if that plan is in effect. That would be preferable, but I don't know how well it would work, by which I mean, how profitable it would be for the studios to make them want to pursue it.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@caped_baldy said:
@tparks said:

The Gunslinger could work as a film in my opinion, after that it get's far trickier and dilution is inevitable. The plan was to have it change between movie and TV, but I don't know if that plan is in effect. That would be preferable, but I don't know how well it would work, by which I mean, how profitable it would be for the studios to make them want to pursue it.

The Gunslinger book would be a great movie. The scene where he kills an entire town would be awesome on the big screen.

That entire book could also almost be summed up in about a pilot episode though. Not a whole lot happens in that book, and the backstory parts of that book could be added in later episodes, and have the second episode leading to Jake and his first death. Do I need spoilers at this point? lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

@tparks said:
@rogueshadow said:
@caped_baldy said:
@tparks said:

The Gunslinger book would be a great movie. The scene where he kills an entire town would be awesome on the big screen.

That entire book could also almost be summed up in about a pilot episode though. Not a whole lot happens in that book, and the backstory parts of that book could be added in later episodes, and have the second episode leading to Jake and his first death. Do I need spoilers at this point? lol

I agree. Honestly, they could've done a two part mini-series special on HBO, it would've been super-cheap and they could gauge public interest with it. If it were popular, they could follow it up with a full season that adapted TDOT3.

Still, I'm hopeful for the films, there's enough material in each LotR book to make an eight hour TV show, but the movies are still some of the greatest films ever made, so with a big budget and. Part of me hopes they do go ahead with the early plan of switching back and forth between film and TV, but I doubt it'll happen.