Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#1 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17515 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I was going through images and came accross this...:

No Caption Provided

The ice giants who invaded Asgard literally run right past the Infinity Gauntlet without so much as a pause... I'm sorry, but, why on Earth(Er..Asgard?) would a race like the ice giants run right past an object that literally would wipe Asgard out of the universe...

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Stormdriven (17722 posts) - - Show Bio

It had no gems, and they wanted their casket. Maybe they didn't even know what it was.

#3 Posted by Hungry_Sharky (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Because plot

#4 Posted by SaintWildcard (21714 posts) - - Show Bio

The Villains in the MCU are stupid

#5 Posted by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it was just a replica. I don't think Odin would be that stupid to have the real IG lying around like that.

#6 Edited by SaintWildcard (21714 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze said:

Maybe it was just a replica. I don't think Odin would be that stupid to have the real IG lying around like that.

By that logic why would he have a replica? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that likes to decorate with fakes

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
#7 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (1570 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard: So you do think Odin would leave the IG lying around like that?

#9 Posted by SaintWildcard (21714 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard: So you do think Odin would leave the IG lying around like that?

I honestly think it's just fan service that they thought would look cool and no one would think twice about. Fan Service= f**k logic

#10 Posted by Nefarious (35647 posts) - - Show Bio

They have no idea...

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
#11 Posted by homicidalmaniac (10894 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze said:

By that logic why would he have a replica? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that likes to decorate with fakes

It was mainly a Easter Egg for the fans for the Infinity Gauntlet story-line at the time.The Infinity Gauntlet will come in play in the future movies.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
#12 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (3952 posts) - - Show Bio

Easter Egg.

And, why would random Ice Giants know what it is? I'm content with them being ignorant of that.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

Either 1) The Frost (not ice) giants don't know what it is, or 2) PIS.

Either way it's just a little easter eggs for fans that I don't think should be taken too seriously.

#14 Edited by Cap10nate (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the others in which it was just a cool item to have in the scene and not supposed to have any significance. Even if it was really meant to be an actual part of the story and not just a fun Easter Egg, I doubt that it was the completed gauntlet with all the gems. At the end of Thor 2, they gave the Ether to the Collector because it was unwise to keep two of the stones together.

#15 Posted by rogueshadow (29182 posts) - - Show Bio

It was empty. They probably didn't even know what it was, the same way they didn't know what the Eye of Agamotto was.

#16 Posted by Oscars94 (3183 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is feared throughout the Galaxy. They probably know what will happen if they take the gauntlet....with no gems in it. They were thinking smaller- the Casket Of Ancient Winters.

#17 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (26383 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
#18 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

It had no gems, and they wanted their casket. Maybe they didn't even know what it was.