I just finished watching Six Feet Under (HBO)

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Over the last two weeks or so, I have marathoned the entire series of Six Feet Under.

I was more than pleasantly surprised by how good this show was. I really enjoyed it. A lot of good acting and enjoyable characters that the show does a great job of making you care about. I liked the entire Fisher family. Michael C Hall was fantastic, and I am pretty sure that I would do very bad and nasty things to Lauren Ambrose (Claire).

The show also does a great job of making you think about a lot of life's tough questions and the series finale was fantastic and by far the best finale i've ever seen followed by The sopranos and The shield respectively . Usually, Finale's are very hit or miss and this was not just a hit. It was hit with a Bazooka. I loved seeing the life story of every single major character wrapped up the way they did. The only bad part is that I am done now.

I would highly recommend this show to anybody who hasnt watched. I will definitely be watching it through again in the future.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lestrange: Yes what a great show. Since you liked it I recommend you watch other of HBO's great creations (in no order):

• Carnival - About a freak show and a father
  • Angels in America
  • The West Wing - The reference in politcal show (probably the best show ever), with the tallented Martin Sheen
  • The Wire - The best crime drama ever, where the world discovered the talents of Idris Elba (Probably the second best show ever)
  • Oz - The reference in prison show
  • The Sopranos - The reference in mafia show with the great James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • Westworld
  • Silicon Valley
  • Bored to Death
  • Deadwood - One of the best western show, if not the best
  • The Newsroom - Being the scene of a news show, by the creator of the West Wing

Out of the hundreds of show's I've seen, these HBO shows are all on my top list along:

• Dr House
  • Weeds
  • United States of Tara -
  • American Horror Story
  • Life on Mars (uk)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Sherlock
  • Dexter
  • Downton Abbey
lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lestrange

@jb681131 said:

@lestrange: Yes what a great show. Since you liked it I recommend you watch other of HBO's great creations (in no order):

• Carnival - About a freak show and a father -> I've watched it but really dissapointed they cancelled it.
  • Angels in America-> I really liked this one.!
  • The West Wing - The reference in politcal show (probably the best show ever), with the tallented Martin Sheen -> Best political tv series, in my book. House of cards gets the praise, but the west wing is up there. I much prefer it to HOC , tho.
  • The Wire - The best crime drama ever, where the world discovered the talents of Idris Elba (Probably the second best show ever) -> Best tv show ever, bar none. Omar is comin yo...!
  • Oz - The reference in prison show -> Adebisi is the shit..! his hat though.. gimme some tits, gimme some f****cking tits (finale of season 1, brought the lolz)
  • The Sopranos - The reference in mafia show with the great James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano -> The second best tv show ever for me. Gandolfini was irreplaceable.
  • Flight of the Conchords -> Will watch !
  • Westworld -> Good tv series but way too early to put it anywhere near my top 10 list.
  • Silicon Valley
  • Bored to Death
  • Deadwood - One of the best western show, if not the best -> Ian Mclane was out of this world in this one. C*cksucker ^^
  • The Newsroom - Being the scene of a news show, by the creator of the West Wing -> I've watched it! Really good tv show and a bit underrated.

Out of the hundreds of show's I've seen, these HBO shows are all on my top list along:

• Dr House
  • Weeds
  • United States of Tara -
  • American Horror Story
  • Life on Mars (uk)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Sherlock
  • Dexter
  • Downton Abbey -> The finale of S3 is still hunting me to this day :/ Lady Sybil :( :(

You should watch Band of brothers.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lestrange: I've seen Bands of Brothers.

There are so much good shows, here's a few I shows I also liked:

• Malcolm in the middler - my favorit sitcom
  • Psychoville - The best dark humor show I know
  • Jekyll
  • Eaglehart - so so short but so so funny
  • Pushing daysies
  • Grimm
  • The Mentalist
  • Top of the Lake
  • How to get away with murder (season 1 only)
  • The IT Crowd
  • Lucifer
  • Beware the Batman
  • Young Justice - the best super-hero show
  • Misfits
  • Suits
  • Mad Men
  • Hell on Wheels - if you like western shows I recommend a lot
  • The Hour (bbc)
  • The Black Donnellys - a so forgotten show that I recommend
  • Normal, Ohio - with John Goodman
  • Breaking Bad