Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection? (170 votes)

Yes 14%
No 86%

Proposal: So much school shootings of late in the USA, so little self responsibility to protect oneself.

Nuclear deterrence has resulted in relative global peace ever since World War 2. If schoolchildren and teachers are equipped with the basic rifles and grenades, the likelihood of an attack will drastically decrease due to the drastically increased fear of a costly aftermath.

The government could spend some money to issue a rifle with 5 rounds for each student over the age of 12, for an entire school cohort. Every start of the day each student must fill up a form to be issued the weapon and rounds. If the rifle is too big for a child to handle (puberty issues), a pistol can be issued instead. At the end of the day, each classroom is to be locked down and every single student must rounded up and have their rifles and rounds accounted for and returned. The armourer will check carefully before unlocking the classroom for the students to leave. Every classroom should have 2 grenades in an accessible glass box behind the teacher's table, in the extreme case of a terrorist attack. Weapon maintenance will happen once a year for the school to check and replace defective weapons and rounds. Each child will be responsible to do weekly checks that their weapons are not defective.

This may sound costly but if the rifles and rounds are purchased in bulk with old weapons recycled from the military and police, the NRA can work out significant savings with their partial sponsorship via obligatory advertisements displayed in schools and kindergartens.

The teachers should hold monthly drills with students on how to handle their guns and show free advertisement videos of guns every morning. Old rifles and pistols that are no longer needed or used by the U.S military and police can be rounded up and given to the schools to save costs, where again children are to be educated with and self-responsible to fix any damages to these old weapons. This should help balance the NRA and government's budget, increasing future generation's interest in firearms and ensuring a good stream of revenue.

Each child should always feel safe and secure when going to school, and grow up to be self responsible for their own well being.

Discuss.

NOTE: I do NOT belong to the NRA.

• 
vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Don't give kids guns or give them the options to have guns. They're kids. Full grown men use guns without concerning themselves with repercussions and play with them like life is a game, literally. Teachers, yes. Will it deter anything. Maybe, probably not. Those that commit school or mass shootings already face severe consequences and sometimes just commit suicide.

Is there any way to prevent school shootings *shrugs* who knows. There are theories and ideas. The only way to completely prevent it is get rid of guns. Just like the only way to completely prevent STD's is not have sex. See the issue here.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'murica everybody :/

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i find it funny how america instead atacking the core of a problem they make it worse by doing stupid shit like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe teachers... BUT NOT KIDS!

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No teachers just kids.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
Benjamin_Poindexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adding more of a bad thing never works. More guns = more people get shot.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like school will be a war-zone

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree.

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like a great idea if you want a gun fight between bullies and the people who get bullied in school. In other words, bad idea.

lobotomisi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:

This sounds like a great idea if you want a gun fight between bullies and the people who get bullied in school. In other words, bad idea.

Not trying to sound like the other crazy right-wing nuts, but if the prospective victim of bullying is known to have a gun, wouldn't the bully think twice about his/her actions?

With deadly weapons in each other's possessions, wouldn't it be arguable that people will respect each other more?

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Skrskr

@lobotomisi: or they will be quicker to pull the trigger on each other, a normal fight will become a duel to the death.

Giving a bunch of hormonal teenagers weapons that kill with a simple pull of the trigger is a ridiculous concept.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 15. Outside of extreme supervision or life threatening situations, I wouldn't hold a gun if you forced it on me. I would kill someone without even realizing what I was doing if I held it long enough. And I'm one of the more well behaved ones.

Do not give children guns and let them in a school. Ever. This would achieve disaster.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#318  Edited By Zetsu-San

@cocacolaman: It’s not a magic death machine, 15 year olds go hunting all the time...

If you treat it like some sort of forbidden mystical object, that’ll only make kids more interested and when kids are interested in something forbidden, they try to play with it when no one is looking or, when they get older, they are finally able to have one; they either get over-excited or overly nervous, both of which can lead to accidents.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: I know it’s not, but the fact is, not everyone is a hunter with experience and discipline. Some are so controlled by emotions, they do stuff without thinking. Some are simply evil. And keep in mind, I specified that it shouldn’t be allowed in a school. In general, a kid could grab a gun as long as there was enough supervision (assuming they don’t already have proper training or experience.)

Uttarashada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think kids should be homeschooled.

That way U won't worry about daughter becoming feminist, turning slutty or getting shot. Also, she'll actually learn something, no clue what kids learn at school nowadays.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why advance, develop, first world countries are having a hard time solving a very common security issue.

Even third world countries had already come up with a practical and adequate solution.

1. When you don't want any trespassers you build a physical impedance, a wall, a guarded gate.

2. When you you want to account for everyone that is entering the premises, you enforce an easily recognizable identifiers, School I.D. School uniforms

3. When you want to control smuggling of contrabands, illegal drugs, deadly weapons of any kinds you established check and inspection points.

I don't understand why people can't think of these long established and widely accepted security protocols

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
Benjamin_Poindexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why advance, develop, first world countries are having a hard time solving a very common security issue.

Even third world countries had already come up with a practical and adequate solution.

1. When you don't want any trespassers you build a physical impedance, a wall, a guarded gate.

2. When you you want to account for everyone that is entering the premises, you enforce an easily recognizable identifiers, School I.D. School uniforms

3. When you want to control smuggling of contrabands, illegal drugs, deadly weapons of any kinds you established check and inspection points.

I don't understand why people can't think of these long established and widely accepted security protocols

Because historically speaking, they don't work.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The gun people have.. well, there's no two ways about it, they've lost their marbles.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Buckwheat

The idea behind this thread is absurd, and the mere fact that it is somewhat related to a real life situation is astonishing

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's not an hypothesis...