Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection? (184 votes)

Yes 16%
No 84%

Proposal: So much school shootings of late in the USA, so little self responsibility to protect oneself.

Nuclear deterrence has resulted in relative global peace ever since World War 2. If schoolchildren and teachers are equipped with the basic rifles and grenades, the likelihood of an attack will drastically decrease due to the drastically increased fear of a costly aftermath.

The government could spend some money to issue a rifle with 5 rounds for each student over the age of 12, for an entire school cohort. Every start of the day each student must fill up a form to be issued the weapon and rounds. If the rifle is too big for a child to handle (puberty issues), a pistol can be issued instead. At the end of the day, each classroom is to be locked down and every single student must rounded up and have their rifles and rounds accounted for and returned. The armourer will check carefully before unlocking the classroom for the students to leave. Every classroom should have 2 grenades in an accessible glass box behind the teacher's table, in the extreme case of a terrorist attack. Weapon maintenance will happen once a year for the school to check and replace defective weapons and rounds. Each child will be responsible to do weekly checks that their weapons are not defective.

This may sound costly but if the rifles and rounds are purchased in bulk with old weapons recycled from the military and police, the NRA can work out significant savings with their partial sponsorship via obligatory advertisements displayed in schools and kindergartens.

The teachers should hold monthly drills with students on how to handle their guns and show free advertisement videos of guns every morning. Old rifles and pistols that are no longer needed or used by the U.S military and police can be rounded up and given to the schools to save costs, where again children are to be educated with and self-responsible to fix any damages to these old weapons. This should help balance the NRA and government's budget, increasing future generation's interest in firearms and ensuring a good stream of revenue.

Each child should always feel safe and secure when going to school, and grow up to be self responsible for their own well being.

Discuss.

NOTE: I do NOT belong to the NRA.

• 
Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior said:

Why not outright ban semi automatics and handguns, give citizens a right to buy them but they have to leave them locked up at the shooting range for when they want to do competition or practice/have fun shooting

Keep bolt action and shotguns for self defence but can't bring them out in public without a hunting license and with a legitimate reason

Giving students or teachers dumb is the stupidest idea ever not to mention you'll have a lot more teachers quitting their job and others not going into that field which will lead to a downgrade

I carry a handgun everyday of my life. I have a CHL, I passed a background test, shooting test, and a written test. We are granted the right to bear arms by the 2nd amendment.

Banning semi-automatic weapons is a horrible idea. That would ban most guns used for self defense.

Genuine quesiton: How many times have you had the need to use your gun on another person? How many persons have you shot?

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just saying this does not happen in England

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they get acid attacks, nail bombs, stabbings and truckings instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

6% of people voted yes. That's more than enough for me to conclude that America is doomed.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Royal_Warrior

@removekebab: urrmmm when was the last nail bomb? Please enlighten me?

Stabbing a is a mute point because it's nowhere near on the same level don't get why people bring this up, it only reinforces the point of gun control because the statistic show that your more likely to be stabbed if your carrying around A knife

Further more there was 37,000 knife crime offences, guess what most news sites and politicians don't tell you, it's an offence to carry around a knife so these figures don't show the actual amount of people stabbed furthermore the morstlaity rate of being stabbed to die is about 0.003 In the in UK so nearly every time it happens you'll live

Even if you times the population by 5 to match US it'd still have less knife crime than the US and the knife crime wouldn't even compare to the gun offences

Acid attacks? Yes it's messed up but that's a media scaremongering by the media. 400 offences annually in a population of over 60 million is nothing, it's not good and messed up but it's not exactly a big deal and the likely hood of it happening is nearly non existent unless your in gangs

Urmmn with the trucking it happened Once, how is that an problem? Also after it happened one time major changed has been made to roads and public areas to stop it again, I think your thinking of mainland Europe with all those statements apart from the knife statement which isn't even that bad when you look st the actual stats and not the numbers

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By AbstractRaze

Teachers should carry a weapon, the academic education as a profession, should partially be a military study, to improve discipline among students in the school, obligatory military service should be brought back (students with 16 years old), to reinforce the character and personality among students.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:
@royal_warrior said:

Why not outright ban semi automatics and handguns, give citizens a right to buy them but they have to leave them locked up at the shooting range for when they want to do competition or practice/have fun shooting

Keep bolt action and shotguns for self defence but can't bring them out in public without a hunting license and with a legitimate reason

Giving students or teachers dumb is the stupidest idea ever not to mention you'll have a lot more teachers quitting their job and others not going into that field which will lead to a downgrade

I carry a handgun everyday of my life. I have a CHL, I passed a background test, shooting test, and a written test. We are granted the right to bear arms by the 2nd amendment.

Banning semi-automatic weapons is a horrible idea. That would ban most guns used for self defense.

Genuine quesiton: How many times have you had the need to use your gun on another person? How many persons have you shot?

Me personally, none yet and I hope it stays that way. I have a few friends who had to unfortunately, but they are here today because of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@thenewguysnm1 said:

Yeah, they get acid attacks, nail bombs, stabbings and truckings instead.

Those are organized and planned terrorist attacks, it's not the same.

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, have the local PD from the area send 2-3 officers to watch over schools.

They can rotate out each day.

It's not perfect but it's better than arming teachers who would be so scared there likely to kill non threats too.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: oh yeah true forgot about that but that was first bomb attack in over a decade, compared to every other country isn't that bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, have the local PD from the area send 2-3 officers to watch over schools.

They can rotate out each day.

It's not perfect but it's better than arming teachers who would be so scared there likely to kill non threats too.

This.

Also, who TF voted "yes"??

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@outside_85:

Here is the thing, they wouldn't tell you if they noticed... who knows, you might be a nut and start shouting at them and waving it around if they did? Secondly, if you live in state where this is legal (I assume you are), everyone is going to be walking around wondering 'who is carrying, who isn't and will they start doing something all of a sudden?'

Carrying a gun doesn't make you a bad person. Legal CHL holders pass extensive background checks, we are among the most well-behaved of society.

You won't ever find out who is conceal carrying a firearm, it doesn't effect you at all. I live in Texas and can carry openly with my license if I so choose, but I choose to carry concealed as to respect everyone else.

The problem with concealed weaponry is that if everyone is doing it, then everyone knows everyone is doing, and some can be like you and think 'everything is fine' but others might be going around 'everyone is armed... why's he looking at me like that? is he about to pull it out?'.

A straw-man isn't the best way to get your point across. I don't care if other people are legally carrying with a CHL, I actually feel safer since more good and armed citizens are around me. Police Officers don't cause public distress with an openly visible firearm. They pass shooting and written test just like other citizens to carry their guns. You are acting like good citizens are incapable of being responsible. You are at war with the wrong people, good citizens do not shoot up a place, good citizens abide by the law, good (armed) citizens are licensed and trained with untarnished background checks. Me, I don't even have a speeding ticket.

Plus at the end of the day, even if everyone is armed, the human animal is fairly predictable in the sense that if something happens suddenly, then the instinct is self preservation and to seek cover (even soldiers are taught to get into cover or hit the ground before thinking about shooting back)... not turn into Joe Rambo of Human Resources an calmly turn around, unholster your own weapon and fire back.

Plenty of people do fire back. Obviously it would be a high-stress situation that you cannot exactly 100% train for. But I train as much as I can at my local gun club where I shoot more than a 1000 rounds in varying guns every week. I have entered into various speed shooting and shotgun competitions.

I'll word it like this, once the criminals have NO guns, I'll give up mine.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer your question, why cant the US have a UK like policy on guns?

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Here is the thing, they wouldn't tell you if they noticed... who knows, you might be a nut and start shouting at them and waving it around if they did? Secondly, if you live in state where this is legal (I assume you are), everyone is going to be walking around wondering 'who is carrying, who isn't and will they start doing something all of a sudden?'

Carrying a gun doesn't make you a bad person. Legal CHL holders pass extensive background checks, we are among the most well-behaved of society.

You won't ever find out who is conceal carrying a firearm, it doesn't effect you at all. I live in Texas and can carry openly with my license if I so choose, but I choose to carry concealed as to respect everyone else.

The problem with concealed weaponry is that if everyone is doing it, then everyone knows everyone is doing, and some can be like you and think 'everything is fine' but others might be going around 'everyone is armed... why's he looking at me like that? is he about to pull it out?'.

A straw-man isn't the best way to get your point across. I don't care if other people are legally carrying with a CHL, I actually feel safer since more good and armed citizens are around me. Police Officers don't cause public distress with an openly visible firearm. They pass shooting and written test just like other citizens to carry their guns. You are acting like good citizens are incapable of being responsible. You are at war with the wrong people, good citizens do not shoot up a place, good citizens abide by the law, good (armed) citizens are licensed and trained with untarnished background checks. Me, I don't even have a speeding ticket.

Plus at the end of the day, even if everyone is armed, the human animal is fairly predictable in the sense that if something happens suddenly, then the instinct is self preservation and to seek cover (even soldiers are taught to get into cover or hit the ground before thinking about shooting back)... not turn into Joe Rambo of Human Resources an calmly turn around, unholster your own weapon and fire back.

Plenty of people do fire back. Obviously it would be a high-stress situation that you cannot exactly 100% train for. But I train as much as I can at my local gun club where I shoot more than a 1000 rounds in varying guns every week. I have entered into various speed shooting and shotgun competitions.

And thats reason why i'll never be for complete gun control, I can't trust others to play by the rules.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:

To answer your question, why cant the US have a UK like policy on guns?

We don't want to be the UK, yall still have a queen...

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cyborgzod

Teachers in this country are often not even provided with basic teaching supplies like books and pencils. They have to buy this stuff on their own, and spend their free time grading papers and planning lessons. Now you want them to also buy weapons? An $1600 AR-15 maybe? How about training? Cops get constant training and in a violent situation they still screw up all the time. But teachers are supposed to take down a crazed gunman with an arsenal of assault weapons?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By Jgames

What about suicidal teens? They probably won't care about dying and have an easy way to do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborgzod: Why waste your brain power on this nonsense?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: overdosing on drugs is far more accessible than expensive guns are currently.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: But there's a chance to remain alive by overdozing drugs then instant kill by guns.But yeah if someone wants to commit suicide he will find a way anyway.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Not really my place to say as I'm not an American (I'm British) but if anyone honestly thinks kids would use a gun responsibly then your an idiot so I voted no.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cable_extreme: yeah but suicide are more effective with guns. Plus I am just saying that there are some unstable kids that won't care about dying.

Plus our mental health score is pretty bad, so lol to figuring out if the kids are stable.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly the solution to gun violence in schools is to have guns in schools.

</sarcasm>

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Buckwheat

@cable_extreme said:
@buckwheat said:
@cable_extreme said:
@royal_warrior said:

Me personally, none yet and I hope it stays that way. I have a few friends who had to unfortunately, but they are here today because of it.

See. You that carry a gun everyday of your life never had the need to use it.

Me, that never in my life have carried a gun, never had the need either to use one.

Why? Because good people living healthy lives don’t need to shoot people. We don’t go places where we will find ourselves in the need of shooting down another person. We just don’t go into that kind of situations. So if you think of it, good people don’t really need guns.

However if guns are easy to acquire, someone with a darker agenda, someone that could want to use to a gun will find it easy to get one. So now a thief, a killer a rapist, has a gun. So now you, the good person, you feel the need of heaving a gun for protection. So you endorse guns being legal. And you perpetuate the situation. Because the main reason you need a gun is because there is law that makes guns easy to attain.

You need a law that allows you to carry a gun, because there is a law that allows people to carry guns. If owning a gun was illegal, you would not need to carry a gun.

Simple as that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@buckwheat: Agreed couldn't have put it better myself. Us Brits have a better stand on things than Americans.

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@outside_85:

And thats reason why i'll never be for complete gun control, I can't trust others to play by the rules.

Unbelievable. Do you realize that in order to stop criminals from heaving guns you need gun control, right?

You make no sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 in 10 people think this is a good idea

No Caption Provided

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:
@outside_85 said:

Not all kids will be issued weapons. As mentioned in the OP, only kids above the age of 12, where their level of maturity should be elevated enough to understand the levity of holding weaponry. If the kid is certified mentally unstable, teachers will not issue him a weapon and he/she must be safely confined to a table and not allowed to leave his seat except in the case of going to the toilet (accompanied by a class representative of course).

You overestimate the mental maturity of 12 year olds.

Giving kids weapons is a stupid idea.

This thread is a stupid idea.

I second that.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: you act like laws stop people from committing crimes. Murder is illegal but people still do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Making heroin illegal won't stop people from buying it illegally. Does that mean we should legalise it and sell it?

Actually, that might be a cleaner and healthier idea...

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost everyone here is at war with law binding citizens instead of criminals. There is no way disarming the public will stop crimes. Even if guns are barred, people will have no way to defend themselves against knife attacks or people who fabricate guns, or buy them off the black market.

If we in America can not regulate drugs and keep them out of criminal’s hands, how could we possibly do better with guns?

The crime rate in America is high because of the gang worship in our culture, especially in Urban poverty stricken areas that create outliers for American violence that many other smaller nations do not have. Chicago for example one of the most strict gun control laws also has relatively high gun homicide rates. Gun control doesn’t fix anything, people need to be held accountable for thier own actions, society needs to stop trying to blame others.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctornowadays: gun control doesn’t stop illegal guns. Look at the 20 million illegal guns in Germany compared to the 5.5 million legal ones. The only difference is Germany doesn’t have the same gang problems we do.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god: how is heroine healthy or cleaner if it is legalized? This drug serves no defensive or useful purpose while also being highly addictive and life ruining.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: you act likelaws stop people from committing crimes. Murder is illegal but people still do it.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but, that's exactly what laws do. Stop people from committing crimes.

Sure some people will still do it. But believe me, if murder was completely legal more people would get killed. A lot more.

No Caption Provided

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctornowadays: gun control doesn’t stop illegal guns. Look at the 20 million illegal guns in Germany compared to the 5.5 million legal ones. The only difference is Germany doesn’t have the same gang problems we do.

The Florida school shooter bought 10 rifles. All legal.

Also, not a gang.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things you can't have in a school: Non non-toxic markers, Peanuts, Pointy scissors. But somehow a gun is a good idea?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

Things you can't have in a school: Non non-toxic markers, Peanuts, Pointy scissors. But somehow a gun is a good idea?

That is a fallacy (don't remember the common name used for that). There's countless things allowed in school that can potentially harm people. The reason some restrictive rules are placed in school is to ease logistical burden - avoid the trouble of handling them when an incident occurs. This is a totally different problem from guns, which are far more lethal and widespread in the country of United States, so making it inherently unsafe in a no-guns zone, such as schools currently.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:

1 in 10 people think this is a good idea

No Caption Provided

*despairs for the state of our species*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:
@outside_85 said:

Not all kids will be issued weapons. As mentioned in the OP, only kids above the age of 12, where their level of maturity should be elevated enough to understand the levity of holding weaponry. If the kid is certified mentally unstable, teachers will not issue him a weapon and he/she must be safely confined to a table and not allowed to leave his seat except in the case of going to the toilet (accompanied by a class representative of course).

I second that.

I'm thirding this. This thread is an abomination to logic and mankind as a whole. OP needs to reconsider all of his life choices.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kids being given military grade weaponry? Jeez OP, I'd really like to try some of what you're smoking. Because that will cause more school shootings not less.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctornowadays: 17 deaths out of the total pool of people murdered is not a substantial number. I’m looking at total population statistics. Only 374 people (IIRC) died at the hands of a rifle in 2016. More people died to fist and feet than to rifles.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By jashro44

Teachers aren't trained for shoot outs. Security guards I can understand but not teachers.

EDIT: Didn't even notice the OP was suggesting giving children guns....No.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:
@gear4god said:
@outside_85 said:

I second that.

I'm thirding this. This thread is an abomination to logic and mankind as a whole. OP needs to reconsider all of his life choices.

Kids being given military grade weaponry? Jeez OP, I'd really like to try some of what you're smoking. Because that will cause more school shootings not less.

Knives are commonly available in homes and you don't see kids taking it to attack people? And why aren't there much news of kids killing people?

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctornowadays: 17 deaths out of the total pool of people murdered is not a substantial number. I’m looking at total population statistics. Only 374 people (IIRC) died at the hands of a rifle in 2016. More people died to fist and feet than to rifles.

You are changing the subject. You where talking about how gun control won't stop people from heaving guns.

Gun control doesn’t stop illegal guns.

Ok, play along with me just for my amusement: If Date Rape Drugs where legal, don't you think more people would use them? If anyone could legally buy DFSA in any pharmacy, don't you think that rapists would have it easier to buy and make bad use of that drug? Don't you think more persons would get drugged and raped?

It will always be harder to get something in the black market.

Who knows what would have happened if Nicolas Cruz had not being able to find all those guns legally.

Maybe he would have done the attack armed with a knife? Or how about bare handed, I'm sure he would not have murdered 17 persons with his fists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Obviously school children shouldn't be armed with guns. There should be adults on the premises who are armed, but not kids.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: kids don’t take knives to kill people because kitchen knives are hardly useful as a weapon, and since (hopefully) their parents don’t let them. If they were given guns to use, that’s a different matter IMO.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@doctornowadays: you were the one that changed the subject. I laid out proof gun control doesn’t stop people from having illegally owned guns. People point out Germany as a sucsessful gun control nation by having 5.5 million legal guns. However they also have an estimated 20 MILLION illegal guns.... the amount of illegal guns are approximately 4 times as high as the amount of legal guns owned.

I’m not worried about whether criminals get guns legally or illegally. I am worried about my right, and the right of each law-biding citizen to be able to fight for thier lives on equal terms. Criminals already can get guns illegally, when they no longer have guns, I’ll give up mine.