Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection? (178 votes)

Yes 15%
No 85%

Proposal: So much school shootings of late in the USA, so little self responsibility to protect oneself.

Nuclear deterrence has resulted in relative global peace ever since World War 2. If schoolchildren and teachers are equipped with the basic rifles and grenades, the likelihood of an attack will drastically decrease due to the drastically increased fear of a costly aftermath.

The government could spend some money to issue a rifle with 5 rounds for each student over the age of 12, for an entire school cohort. Every start of the day each student must fill up a form to be issued the weapon and rounds. If the rifle is too big for a child to handle (puberty issues), a pistol can be issued instead. At the end of the day, each classroom is to be locked down and every single student must rounded up and have their rifles and rounds accounted for and returned. The armourer will check carefully before unlocking the classroom for the students to leave. Every classroom should have 2 grenades in an accessible glass box behind the teacher's table, in the extreme case of a terrorist attack. Weapon maintenance will happen once a year for the school to check and replace defective weapons and rounds. Each child will be responsible to do weekly checks that their weapons are not defective.

This may sound costly but if the rifles and rounds are purchased in bulk with old weapons recycled from the military and police, the NRA can work out significant savings with their partial sponsorship via obligatory advertisements displayed in schools and kindergartens.

The teachers should hold monthly drills with students on how to handle their guns and show free advertisement videos of guns every morning. Old rifles and pistols that are no longer needed or used by the U.S military and police can be rounded up and given to the schools to save costs, where again children are to be educated with and self-responsible to fix any damages to these old weapons. This should help balance the NRA and government's budget, increasing future generation's interest in firearms and ensuring a good stream of revenue.

Each child should always feel safe and secure when going to school, and grow up to be self responsible for their own well being.

Discuss.

NOTE: I do NOT belong to the NRA.

• 
Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give them to teachers, but make sure the background checks are very rigid.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85 said:
@godsaveusall said:

Actually, it is proven that hardships will make one grow up and be more mature, self-responsible. Besides, the idea of kids maintaining their own issued weaponry is not something that will take up the kid's childhood days. It could be a viable educational way, a rite of passage of growing up.

Yes, if you are a somekind of Texas redneck.

The term "redneck" is a derogatory term used primarily for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States. Such terms are racial slurs directed towards a specific geographic and ethnic group. Please refrain from such language. Anyways, we prefer the term Appalachian Americans or West Texas Americans.

Rednecks.

deadmansticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but let teachers carry. I don't see why they shouldn't have a right to carry a firearm.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. This is a stupid idea on every front. What happens when an adrenaline fulled teen goes ballistic? What happens if that Kid accidentally presses the trigger? What happens in poorer areas where drugs are frequent? When a bunch of teens hooked up one insert drug here come to school only to be armed with a rifle?

At best I would say to have drills (similar to the fire alarm drills) where you show and help students realise what to do in the situation, teach them ways to calm themselves in bad salutations etc

Or better yet, why don't you make it so every American citizen with a decent record can not just go buy a handgun?

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Why not outright ban semi automatics and handguns, give citizens a right to buy them but they have to leave them locked up at the shooting range for when they want to do competition or practice/have fun shooting

Keep bolt action and shotguns for self defence but can't bring them out in public without a hunting license and with a legitimate reason

Giving students or teachers dumb is the stupidest idea ever not to mention you'll have a lot more teachers quitting their job and others not going into that field which will lead to a downgrade

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP's idea literally sounds like this NRA video

Loading Video...

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Sure, lets make sure the next time a teacher fires his gun in a classroom he is going to mowdown all his students succesfully. Hey, lets have this overworked underpaid guys all get weapons and teenagers as well those are the most likely people to not go on a killing spree when given the weapons. I mean shit that guy still needed to buy the gun to kill his schoolmate the school should have supploed it to support his second and first ammendment rights. Murdering a dozen people at your school is protected free speech after all, So definetly.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super suggestion, now there can be a mass shooting every time an argument breaks out or someone throws a tantrum.

I agree. I always go on WorldStar and find a bunch of fight videos between high school students where neither really give a crap about the other kid's well being (why would they? it's a fight). What's going to happen if these kids were equipped with firearms?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Buckwheat  Online
DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall It's a joke, am I right?

If it's a joke why aren't we laughing? Ha. Ha. Ha. Wait what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat said:

He isn't joking. He said in a previous discussion that homosexuals should be treated the same as murderers (suffer the death penalty) Real alt-right.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not military grade full auto and burst fire rifles.

If they have a CHL they should be allowed to carry.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Buckwheat  Online

@gear4god said:
@doctornowadays said:
@buckwheat said:

He isn't joking. He said in a previous discussion that homosexuals should be treated the same as murderers (suffer the death penalty) Real alt-right.

I just fail to grasp how someone could have such terribly extraordinarily bad judgement.

If the question is real, the answer is: No. A zillion times no. It's the worst solution ever.

This sort of reminds me of that time during the space race, Nasa had to work out how to deal with the fact that ballpoint pens relied on gravity to work by dragging the ink down the tube and on to the page. So $1.000.000 was spent developing the space pen, which used pressurised air in a sealed cartridge to force the ink out of the front instead. It could not only work in space, it would write upside down on earth, or even underwater, at temperatures from -35C (-31F) to 120C (248F).

The Russians used a pencil.

This is similar. Only instead of astronauts with pens, we have kids with guns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a terrible idea. Gun violence in the country is only going to increase. Teachers and students aren't and shouldn't be qualified to carry a firearm in school.

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DoctorNowadays

@buckwheat said:
@gear4god said:
@doctornowadays said:
@buckwheat said:

This sort of reminds me of that time during the space race, Nasa had to work out how to deal with the fact that ballpoint pens relied on gravity to work by dragging the ink down the tube and on to the page. So $1.000.000 was spent developing the space pen, which used pressurised air in a sealed cartridge to force the ink out of the front instead. It could not only work in space, it would write upside down on earth, or even underwater, at temperatures from -35C (-31F) to 120C (248F).

The Russians used a pencil.

This is similar. Only instead of astronauts with pens, we have kids with guns.

Rolf. You where just waiting for an excuse to tell your pencil story. Oh wow you are so smart.

No Caption Provided

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: to be fair that pencil caused a major malfucntuon and caused a crictal malfunction so it made sense spending 1 million to reduce the risk as much as possible because a failed mission and spaceship would be in the billions of cost

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sane person would say yes to this.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Buckwheat  Online

@buckwheat: to be fair that pencil caused a major malfucntuon and caused a crictal malfunction so it made sense spending 1 million to reduce the risk as much as possible because a failed mission and spaceship would be in the billions of cost

But the problem would have been fixed also using a pencil, instead.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super suggestion, now there can be a mass shooting every time an argument breaks out or someone throws a tantrum.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: no it wouldn't of, it was done because having tiny particles of graphite going around the spaceships was incredibly dangerous, graphite would get sucked into the air ventilation unit and cause massive electrical fires

The Russians adapted the American way afterwards because using a pencil was a incredibly stupid risk when your doing a multi billion dollar project

Avatar image for deactivated-5aa08c9c0e091
deactivated-5aa08c9c0e091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, double digit votes and a 100% consensus. Very rare.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

You stupid mother f*****

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mrmonster  Online

No. The only people on campus with guns should be trained, on-duty police officers.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should all have Starktech weapons, maybe some Jericho missiles.

Avatar image for crawlerwing_night
CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hormonal children and firearms go together like wasabi and pop tarts. It’ll certainly help increase the teenage suicide success rate.

IAmVerySmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, double digit votes and a 100% consensus. Very rare.

1 person just voted yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The only people on campus with guns should be trained, on-duty police officers.

Exactly

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teachers, children and janitors with guns sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

IAmVerySmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: no it wouldn't of, it was done because having tiny particles of graphite going around the spaceships was incredibly dangerous, graphite would get sucked into the air ventilation unit and cause massive electrical fires

The Russians adapted the American way afterwards because using a pencil was a incredibly stupid risk when your doing a multi billion dollar project

Websites had addressed this myth that NASA spent millions to develop a space pen when there's an easier, more straightforward way. The aesop is a good one, but this is not a real life example of the aesop.

https://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

http://mentalfloss.com/article/13103/russians-didnt-just-use-pencils-space

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teachers yes, kids no.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Hey we’re having a problem with gun violence in America”

“What do we do!?”

“Give everyone more guns of course!!”

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not outright ban semi automatics and handguns, give citizens a right to buy them but they have to leave them locked up at the shooting range for when they want to do competition or practice/have fun shooting

Keep bolt action and shotguns for self defence but can't bring them out in public without a hunting license and with a legitimate reason

Giving students or teachers dumb is the stupidest idea ever not to mention you'll have a lot more teachers quitting their job and others not going into that field which will lead to a downgrade

I carry a handgun everyday of my life. I have a CHL, I passed a background test, shooting test, and a written test. We are granted the right to bear arms by the 2nd amendment.

Banning semi-automatic weapons is a horrible idea. That would ban most guns used for self defense.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan- said:

“Hey we’re having a problem with gun violence in America”

“What do we do!?”

“Give everyone more guns of course!!”

The problem isn't the guns, it's the people that have them. Just to be clear, I don't think that arming students is a good idea by any means, but the guns aren't what's causing the issue. Even if it were impossible for children to get their hands on guns, they would resort to something else (knives, bats, etcetera). The issue is societal one, not necessarily a gun control one.

Societies with almost identical cultures don't have this problem. Canada doesn't, and they have a significantly less amount of guns.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: shotgun would be the only thing you need for self defence why would you need anything else to defend your house? In public places having a guns is stupid and causes more problems, like seriously when will you need a gun for self defence in public?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: shotgun would be the only thing you need for self defence why would you need anything else to defend your house? In public places having a guns is stupid and causes more problems, like seriously when will you need a gun for self defence in public?

I have yet to cause any problems with my conceal carry, no one knows or has the slightest clue that I am legally carrying a firearm.

Why do you need the first amendment? Why do you need the 5th (due process)? Your questions beg obvious answers.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is pure comedy.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Royal_Warrior

@cable_extreme: that's not the question

When you have ever needed your gun? So people are suffering because of your paranoia and disregard for the government

So your basically saying that the US Government isn't capable of protecting civilians on its own soil?

I don't get why your bringing up different amendments when they're not relevant to this discussion and both are protected by international UN law and both fundamentally won't change with time because they're basic rights, having a semi automatic gun capable of mowing down dozens of people shouldn't be your right

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: that's not the question

When you have ever needed your gun? So people are suffering because of your paranoia and disregard for the government

So your basically saying that the US Government isn't capable of protecting civilians on its own soil?

I don't get why your bringing up different amendments when they're not relevant to this discussion and both are protected by international UN law and both fundamentally won't change with time because they're basic rights, having a semi automatic gun capable of mowing down dozens of people shouldn't be your right

The U.S. government didn't protect those school children did they? No they didn't even enter the building. Everyone has the right to defend themselves. plenty of people have used their concealed weapon and stopped a threat.

I've never had to use a fire extinguisher, but that doesn't stop me from having one in case I need it.

Semi-automatic weapons are normal weapons of this day and age, you act like they a full-auto or burst fire weapons....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior said:

I have yet to cause any problems with my conceal carry, no one knows or has the slightest clue that I am legally carrying a firearm.

So you dont think other people might be worried that you are concealing a weapon?

Sawed_Off_It

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, everyone should have a gun in every setting.

A stupid answer to a stupid question.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: who would know? How could they be worried about a concealed item?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I’ve been conceal carrying a Glock 26 for almost 5 years now. Not once has someone noticed, and frankly thier opinion on the matter only effects thier choice to carry, not mine.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: who would know? How could they be worried about a concealed item?

Here is the thing, they wouldn't tell you if they noticed... who knows, you might be a nut and start shouting at them and waving it around if they did? Secondly, if you live in state where this is legal (I assume you are), everyone is going to be walking around wondering 'who is carrying, who isn't and will they start doing something all of a sudden?'

@outside_85: I’ve been conceal carrying a Glock 26 for almost 5 years now. Not once has someone noticed, and frankly thier opinion on the matter only effects thier choice to carry, not mine.

Or you haven't noticed they noticed.

The problem with concealed weaponry is that if everyone is doing it, then everyone knows everyone is doing, and some can be like you and think 'everything is fine' but others might be going around 'everyone is armed... why's he looking at me like that? is he about to pull it out?'.

Plus at the end of the day, even if everyone is armed, the human animal is fairly predictable in the sense that if something happens suddenly, then the instinct is self preservation and to seek cover (even soldiers are taught to get into cover or hit the ground before thinking about shooting back)... not turn into Joe Rambo of Human Resources an calmly turn around, unholster your own weapon and fire back.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheVoidofDeath

Children period should not be able to carry weapons in a public area, and nor should they have access to them. (Children are children)There is no qualification that sanctions them to this action. Having verbalized this, children's minds are not plenarily developed, and giving such a weapon is a ticking time bomb. In addition to this, kids are becoming desensitized and are visually examining malefactor acts on Instagram turning a blind eye.(Like the child who accidentally shot himself on air, but kids were encouraging /laughing) Secondly, regarding teachers, this can be a double-edged sword, on one hand, you have edifiers who wish to forfend their students while there are some who have tenure and abuse kids. My advice is, keep public firearm aegis in the hands of professionals, and at home, you do as you wish but abiding by the law.

Guns are not the issue they cannot fire themselves, people are the problem.

ashley

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Buckwheat  Online

Did not know that. I guess NASA 2, Russia 0 then. (one for the pencil one for the Moonlanding)