Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Hypothesis: Should children and teachers from the U.S be equipped with military grade weaponry for self-protection? (184 votes)

Yes 16%
No 84%

Proposal: So much school shootings of late in the USA, so little self responsibility to protect oneself.

Nuclear deterrence has resulted in relative global peace ever since World War 2. If schoolchildren and teachers are equipped with the basic rifles and grenades, the likelihood of an attack will drastically decrease due to the drastically increased fear of a costly aftermath.

The government could spend some money to issue a rifle with 5 rounds for each student over the age of 12, for an entire school cohort. Every start of the day each student must fill up a form to be issued the weapon and rounds. If the rifle is too big for a child to handle (puberty issues), a pistol can be issued instead. At the end of the day, each classroom is to be locked down and every single student must rounded up and have their rifles and rounds accounted for and returned. The armourer will check carefully before unlocking the classroom for the students to leave. Every classroom should have 2 grenades in an accessible glass box behind the teacher's table, in the extreme case of a terrorist attack. Weapon maintenance will happen once a year for the school to check and replace defective weapons and rounds. Each child will be responsible to do weekly checks that their weapons are not defective.

This may sound costly but if the rifles and rounds are purchased in bulk with old weapons recycled from the military and police, the NRA can work out significant savings with their partial sponsorship via obligatory advertisements displayed in schools and kindergartens.

The teachers should hold monthly drills with students on how to handle their guns and show free advertisement videos of guns every morning. Old rifles and pistols that are no longer needed or used by the U.S military and police can be rounded up and given to the schools to save costs, where again children are to be educated with and self-responsible to fix any damages to these old weapons. This should help balance the NRA and government's budget, increasing future generation's interest in firearms and ensuring a good stream of revenue.

Each child should always feel safe and secure when going to school, and grow up to be self responsible for their own well being.

Discuss.

NOTE: I do NOT belong to the NRA.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care too much as this is an american issue; but what if the kid doesn't want a gun? Why do they need grenades and rifles? And what if the kid uses the gun irresponsibly?

I'm stupid so I maybe I'm just missing obvious answers. Just wonderin' doc.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Super suggestion, now there can be a mass shooting every time an argument breaks out or someone throws a tantrum.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Hey we’re having a problem with gun violence in America”

“What do we do!?”

“Give everyone more guns of course!!”

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“What do we do!?”

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care too much as this is an american issue; but what if the kid doesn't want a gun? Why do they need grenades and rifles? And what if the kid uses the gun irresponsibly?

I'm stupid so I maybe I'm just missing obvious answers. Just wonderin' doc.

I don't remember there exists a kid besides little girls who play with their dolls, who doesn't want to experience the coolness of holding a gun. Besides if this proposal goes through, the government will make it mandatory for each children to take care of an issued weapon when they are in school. The purpose of grenades is for the extreme situation if someone goes postal at school or a terrorist attack. The teacher can take the grenade and hug the terrorist in a suicidal attack to save the children, for instance.

Super suggestion, now there can be a mass shooting every time an argument breaks out or someone throws a tantrum.

Now look, I did compulsory military service for a couple of years before. We as youths back then were each issued a rifle with a few rounds to guard the gates and prevent any intruders from entering our camps. We had lots of arguments with each other and had some idiots throwing tantrums... but did we take our guns out and start blazing? No.

@revan- said:

“What do we do!?”

I know this feels counter-intuitive. But think nuclear deterrence. The way to achieve peace is to assure death if any exchange happens.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now look, I did compulsory military service for a couple of years before. We as youths back then were each issued a rifle with a few rounds to guard the gates and prevent any intruders from entering our camps. We had lots of arguments with each other and had some idiots throwing tantrums... but did we take our guns out and start blazing? No.

Thats not what you are suggesting though, you are suggesting you hand out a deadly weapon to kids, not soldiers. Kids are not adults, and kids will get into fights over the dumbest of things, especially in school.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's give every child machine guns and grenades. Great idea. When there's another mass shooting, untrained 8 year old will defend themselves with rocket launchers and automatics.

Great. Wow. Much smart. Very defence. Wow. Much safe America. Wow.

@juiceboks

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If America was a warlord ran, war torn third world country like Somalia or Yemen, then yes i would agree with you. Except America isn't any of those, so no, arming 12 year old students with rifles isn't a logical solution.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall said:

Thats not what you are suggesting though, you are suggesting you hand out a deadly weapon to kids, not soldiers. Kids are not adults, and kids will get into fights over the dumbest of things, especially in school.

Not all kids will be issued weapons. As mentioned in the OP, only kids above the age of 12, where their level of maturity should be elevated enough to understand the levity of holding weaponry. If the kid is certified mentally unstable, teachers will not issue him a weapon and he/she must be safely confined to a table and not allowed to leave his seat except in the case of going to the toilet (accompanied by a class representative of course).

If America was a warlord ran, war torn third world country like Somalia or Yemen, then yes i would agree with you. Except America isn't any of those, so no, arming 12 year old students with rifles isn't a logical solution.

Again, I am not saying 12 years old. Only kids above the age of 12, where they should be more mature to know the levity of holding weaponry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall:

Again, I am not saying 12 years old. Only kids above the age of 12, where they should be more mature to know the levity of holding weaponry.

Ok. What happens when one of these 13 year old students is getting bullied, what's stopping him from pulling out his pistol or rifle and killing his bullies?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall:

Ok. What happens when one of these 13 year old students is getting bullied, what's stopping him from pulling out his pistol or rifle and killing his bullies?

The fact that his bullies are holding rifles too?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all kids will be issued weapons. As mentioned in the OP, only kids above the age of 12, where their level of maturity should be elevated enough to understand the levity of holding weaponry. If the kid is certified mentally unstable, teachers will not issue him a weapon and he/she must be safely confined to a table and not allowed to leave his seat except in the case of going to the toilet (accompanied by a class representative of course).

You overestimate the mental maturity of 12 year olds.

Giving kids weapons is a stupid idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is a stupid idea.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MainJP

God this sounds downright awful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father said:

@godsaveusall:

So you have no problem turning schools into shootout zones? If you've actually put any thought into this you'd realize the negatives massively outweigh the positives.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father said:

@godsaveusall:

Also I would like to add that the instances of bullying will be reduced too if kids are holdings guns. Potential bullies will be careful with their words and actions to not offend anyone.

Not if these kids are educated and given harsh disciplinary actions if they were not to follow safety procedures. Kids are generally obedient if you enforce almost excessively harsh rules on them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: Well that doesn't sound safe or smart in the slightest. How are you supposed to guarantee some kids won't just shoot each other? Are you gonna punish kids who don't take the guns?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:
@outside_85 said:

This thread is a stupid idea.

Its only a hypothetical situation for people to discuss. Lighten up.

@godsaveusall said:
@all-father said:

@godsaveusall:

So you have no problem turning schools into shootout zones? If you've actually put any thought into this you'd realize the negatives massively outweigh the positives.

I made a later post explaining this. Bullying instances would actually be reduced when potential victims are holding weapons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall said:
@all-father said:

@godsaveusall:

Also I would like to add that the instances of bullying will be reduced too if kids are holdings guns. Potential bullies will be careful with their words and actions to not offend anyone.

@outside_85 said:

Not if these kids are educated and given harsh disciplinary actions if they were not to follow safety procedures. Kids are generally obedient if you enforce almost excessively harsh rules on them.

We need to be training kids to be better scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. We don't need schools to be a military zone.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No it's a shitty idea. Clearly I don't have to explain to you the dangers of turning immature volatile kids into immature volatile kids who can blow you to bits if they didn't like the way you looked at them. The reason why gun crimes are so rampant is because you have peeps in their teens and adulthood who own them show lack of self restraint. And you expect said restraint from freaking kids?. Yeah no...

I normally stay away from gun debates, but this is one truly moronic idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: I have a better idea. Let's give every child a weapon of mass destruction to protect them against ISIS and North Korea.

Smashing idea, if I do say so myself. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro 2nd amendment people never seize to amaze. The lengths you people would go to to keep your guns is baffling.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's a shitty idea. Clearly I don't have to explain to you the dangers of turning immature volatile kids into immature volatile kids who can blow you to bits if they didn't like the way you looked at them. The reason why gun crimes are so rampant is because you have peeps in their teens and adulthood who own them show lack of self restraint. And you expect said restraint from freaking kids?. Yeah no...

I normally stay away from gun debates, but this is one truly moronic idea.

This is like saying North Korea (The immature volatile kid) doesn't have dangerous tendencies to be lethal in the first place.

This is why America and other nations had to keep nuclear weapons to deter North Korea from stepping out of line.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just getting worse... now you want the armed kid to have gone through boot camp too?

Here is a much better idea: Let kids be kids, let teacher be teachers and keep guns out of the schools all together.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: What does North Korea have to do with this?. You seriously can't compare arming children who aren't even old enough to vote or drink with weapons of mass destructions to nuclear deterrence. Wake up, will you?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:

@godsaveusall: I have a better idea. Let's give every child a weapon of mass destruction to protect them against ISIS and North Korea.

That's the job of the military, not kids who are attending schools. The military's responsibility is to keep the nation safe. Schoolchildren's responsibility is to keep the school safe (And learn).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am i reading......

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should have a hell no option.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am i reading......

An NRA wet dream.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: What does North Korea have to do with this?. You seriously can't compare arming children who aren't even old enough to vote or drink with weapons of mass destructions to nuclear deterrence. Wake up, will you?

Its only an analogy, to show that the immature volatile kids scenario will not get better if neither they nor anyone around them are armed. For the vast majority of cases, it takes the threat of death to keep these people in line.

@godsaveusall said:

This is just getting worse... now you want the armed kid to have gone through boot camp too?

Here is a much better idea: Let kids be kids, let teacher be teachers and keep guns out of the schools all together.

Actually, it is proven that hardships will make one grow up and be more mature, self-responsible. Besides, the idea of kids maintaining their own issued weaponry is not something that will take up the kid's childhood days. It could be a viable educational way, a rite of passage of growing up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:

That's the job of the military, not kids who are attending schools. The military's responsibility is to keep the nation safe. Schoolchildren's responsibility is to keep the school safe (And learn).

I was being serious. I want a WMD for myself. It's part of my liberty.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am i reading......

The single greatest idea in the history of Murica.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: Yeah because understanding the psychology of a child has never been so easy right?. And that's only one of the countless different ways this can backfire spectacularly.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear4god said:
@godsaveusall said:
@gear4god said:

I was being serious. I want a WMD for myself. It's part of my liberty.

Well, its not economically efficient to develop a WMD for an American citizen to purchase, and military WMDs are not for purchase either. Besides, the government probably won't see a need for classrooms to be armed WMDs and more importantly the NRA won't profit from WMDs sale.

@godsaveusall: Yeah because understanding the psychology of a child has never been so easy right?. And that's only one of the countless different ways this can backfire spectacularly.

Okay. So you are saying that its safer for children to be fighting without each side knowing what weapons the other may be hiding, instead of the proposed hypothetical scenario that children are fighting with each side fully aware that the other kid is very capable of killing him/her?! So children with no knowledge takes less risks compared to children with knowledge?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: No I am saying that its not the job of the children to do any kind of fighting. Its one thing to teach them basic but effective self defence or some survival drills but you are talking about turning them into child soldiers.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let’s assume that I am 18, full of hormones and adrenaline due to stimulants from the surrounding. Also, I am the type of guy who bears grudges, hyperactive, a ? and is bullied by everyone in school. I like a beautiful girl, but she has a boyfriend who just happens to bully me a lot, so I stalk her. What do you think is gonna happen when this version of me equipped with a gun ?

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm said:

Let’s assume that I am 18, full of hormones and adrenaline due to stimulants from the surrounding. Also, I am the type of guy who bears grudges, hyperactive, a ? and is bullied by everyone in school. I like a beautiful girl, but she has a boyfriend who just happens to bully me a lot, so I stalk her. What do you think is gonna happen when this version of me equipped with a gun ?

Chances are you won't have the balls to use it because that girl and her boyfriend also are equipped with guns too ;)

The beauty of mutually assured destruction.

@godsaveusall: No I am saying that its not the job of the children to do any kind of fighting. Its one thing to teach them basic but effective self defence or some survival drills but you are talking about turning them into child soldiers.

So what's the difference between self defence and weapon handling? Both are about self defence too. Let's not forget that the main goal of arming school kids with weaponry is about self defence, not aggression.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall: I dont know if you have any experience with self defence but the primary goal of it involves staying alive. And thus, there is much more to it than learning how to handle a gun of your own.

And come on, dont be that naive. Dont pretend as if nothing can go wrong by arming an entire school full of civilians and kids with powerful weapons, under the guise of self defence.

Avatar image for bluelettermedia
BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlueLetterMedia

Holy hell, this is one of the worst "solutions" to anything ever.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, it is proven that hardships will make one grow up and be more mature, self-responsible. Besides, the idea of kids maintaining their own issued weaponry is not something that will take up the kid's childhood days. It could be a viable educational way, a rite of passage of growing up.

Yes, if you are a somekind of Texas redneck.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no conceivable way this would be considered a good idea.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DSTREET45

And comparing nuclear deterrance with this idea is ludicrous to say the least. MAD works with nukes because of the large scale the damage would cause. We're talking potential human extinction here. And even then there were several ocaasions in history both intentionally and by accident that the world came close to being roasted alive from a potential nuclear exchange so even MAD isn't a 100% assurance that the human race won't wipe itself out.

Hell long before nukes came into play, the gatling gun was created with the very idea that two opposing armies having a weapon that could gun down hundreds of men in a manner of minutes would deter both sides from going to war with each other. Needless to say this didn't work out and the gatling gun was used to kill countless people up to this day.

So I don't see how arming kids and staff with guns would do more good than harm. Even if nobody has any intention try to hurt/kill another person, accidents could still occur and could be deadly.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Revan-

I’m pretty sure the staunchest of conservatives can see how asinine this idea is.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Can't believe your all falling for a troll thread

If this isn't I really do feel for your education system, the intelligence seems third world apart from the major Morden cities cities Like NYE, LA and Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this isn't I really do feel for your education system, the intelligence seems third world apart from the major Morden cities cities Like NYE, LA and Washington

He's not trolling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fairly certain he isn't trolling.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give a gun to a public school teacher????!!!! Are you kidding? A significant portion are progressives. Most know nothing of guns. Can you just imagine how many deaths there would have been in public schools across the nation on the day after Trump's defeat of Clinton? Every kid in a MAGA hat would have been shot.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godsaveusall said:

Yes, if you are a somekind of Texas redneck.

The term "redneck" is a derogatory term used primarily for a rural poor white person of the Southern United States. Such terms are racial slurs directed towards a specific geographic and ethnic group. Please refrain from such language. Anyways, we prefer the term Appalachian Americans or West Texas Americans.